As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Rock Band]: 4 has been announced! Out this year!

• FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Nocren wrote: »
    My local BB still has a pro strat sitting on their shelves, collecting dust.

No midi-adapters though.

I am this close to asking where you live so I can find a way to get there and buy that thing

edited February 2013
    Also, none of your instruments will work on PS4 even if Rock Band 4 ends up released for it

Although if Move still works, that means Bluetooth is still being used, so they could work if they are exempted.. but yeah.

edit: also, Harmonix has said the DLC announcement tomorrow will be 2 new bands and one old band.

FyreWulff on
  • DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    One more hint about the DLC announcement tomorrow: all 3 band names feature some kind of spelling / grammar / punctuation error. MYSTERY!

Lynyrd Skynyrd?

They have apparently ruled out Korn in a reply to the tweet, so bullet dodged there.

EDIT: KORN IS STILL IN PLAY, RED ALERT FOLKS

Dehumanized on
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    The Beatles

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Panic! At The Disco

I'm holding to my @RockBand twitter prediction of Come Sail Away (re-record) by Styx with that information.

(if we're going for the joke of Styx being a mispelling of Sticks)

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    You're No Rock and Roll Fun

• MrDelishMrDelish Registered User regular
    finished eBay listings put the RB3 pro squier at $250-500. Some of the higher-end priced auctions don't even have the adapter, so I'm not sure what's driving these prices.

Some more options for the one artist that's already had DLC released:

Blink-182
    Blue Öyster Cult
    Def Leppard
    DevilDriver
    DragonForce
    Endeverafter
    Florence + the Machine
    Gorillaz
    Guns N' Roses
    H-Blockx
    Korn
    Kutless
    Limp Bizkit
    Linkin Park
    Lynyrd Skynyrd
    Mötley Crüe
    Motörhead
    Mudvayne
    OneRepublic
    P!nk
    P.O.D.
    Panic! at the Disco
    Phish
    Puddle of Mudd
    R.E.M.
    Run-DMC
    Sixx:A.M.
    Static-X
    Thenewno2
    Trapt
    Weezer
    Whitechapel

Some of these are very obviously not going to be it. Some of these are even debatable on whether it'd be considered an error. Quite a lot of these are pretty dire, should it be true. Just trying to get some sense of the options.

edited February 2013
    Also Kool & The Gang (just saw it as I was reminding myself what Korn was already there)

For Korn, I'd probably want Somebody Someone or Make Me Bad. If Harmonix was being clever jerks, Here To Stay. Another good choice would be Got The Life

Limp Bizkit? Break Stuff.

Lynyrd Skynyrd? Big ones we don't have (well I consider them big) would be Call Me The Breeze and What's That Smell?

FyreWulff on
  • sir_pinch-a-loafsir_pinch-a-loaf #YODORegistered User regular
    Hey gang,

Four singles are hitting the Rock Band Music Store on February 26th, starting with “Got You (Where I Want You),” The Flys’ first single from their second studio album, 1998’s Holiday Man. Queensrÿche’s epic “Silent Lucidity” – a Grammy-nominated track from the band’s 1990 album, Empire – will also be available. Finally, two tracks from rockers Staind will be available: “It’s Been Awhile,” the lead single from 2001’s Break the Cycle, and “So Far Away,” from 2003’s 14 Shades of Grey!

Available on Xbox 360, Wii, and PlayStation®3 system (February 26th, 2013):

• The Flys – “Got You (Where I Want You)" X

• Queensrÿche – “Silent Lucidity” O

• Staind – “It’s Been Awhile”

• Staind – “So Far Away” O

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system February 27th)

Price:

$1.99 USD, £1.19 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points ™, 200 Wii Points™) per song

Tracks marked with “O” feature support for keyboards; tracks marked with “X” will offer Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

** Dates and Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **

To discuss this DLC please visit the official discussion thread in the Rock Band forum.

For more information about the future of DLC, specifically the end of new weekly releases on April 2nd, check this announcement and FAQ as well as the associated discussion thread.

For all DLC song credits, including album and genre info as well as difficulty ratings, you can check out the Songs page.

• sir_pinch-a-loafsir_pinch-a-loaf #YODORegistered User regular
    The world demanded The Flys, apparently.

• FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Holy shitI I will buy the fuck out of those Staind songs. I'm not a major fan of theirs, but I can certainly sing those two songs. Drums will be fun for It's Been a While.

• lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Haters gotta hate but I think I'll pick up Staind's So Far Away. Has it been 10 years already?

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
    Man, I wish Price to Play was in that lineup. I bought 14 Shades of Grey specifically because of that song and enjoyed quite a few of those songs. Only album of theirs that I own. It's funny, I remember thinking that music started to suck around the time they hit the scene and now I wish bands today were anywhere near as good as they are. *shudder*

Of course, that's based purely on what I hear on the radio.

Wow, Queensryche sounds VERY pinkfloyd-y.

Pretty solid week.

• Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I love Queensryche - too bad the lead singer went bonkers.

Just looked it up on wikipedia, the whole thing is hilarious. Because of the result of a lawsuit between band members where they were both granted rights to use the band, they split to form two different Queensryches. You can go see "Queensryche" or "Queensrÿche Starring Geoff Tate the Original Voice".

• EndaroEndaro Registered User regular
    FyreWulff wrote: »

Pretty solid week.

Man that is misleading, you got me all excited. I just looked up that song and I can now safely say I definitely, definitely, do not like it. Opinions and everything but that is some cheezy 90's prog metal.

• BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Crap, out of all the awesome shit you could put out from Queensryche, they go with that radio friendly ballad pussy song from Empire.

I demand something off of Mindcrime before the next 6 weeks are up.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
    I Don't Believe in Love works for me.

But man, Silent Lucidity is a brilliant song. And, yeah, Tate is a tool. There's some weird video of him basically verbally fillating himself that a friend linked me once. He is all kinds of ridiculous.

• NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Best I Can or even Empire might have been fun, but damn, I need another $50 card to fill my backlog with all the songs I've missed.

Also, The Flys did a pretty decent Live version of Crazy Train on the Universal Soldier Returns soundtrack.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
    Endaro wrote: »

Pretty solid week.

Man that is misleading, you got me all excited. I just looked up that song and I can now safely say I definitely, definitely, do not like it. Opinions and everything but that is some cheezy 90's prog metal.

I'm sorry ;_;

Similar construction to their songs. Lyrically, not so much, but I feel it's a similar sound.

• BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Fawst wrote: »
    I Don't Believe in Love works for me.

But man, Silent Lucidity is a brilliant song. And, yeah, Tate is a tool. There's some weird video of him basically verbally fillating himself that a friend linked me once. He is all kinds of ridiculous.

Best sum up of Geoff Tate I ever heard was when I was chatting with Mike Portnoy during a meet and greet with Dream Theater on the co-headlining tour they did with Queensryche a few years back:

"I'll tell ya, Geoff may be the biggest asshole on the planet, but the motherfucker can sing."

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    So... If anyone's interested... My BB still has the pro-Strat.
    $120, not including shipping.
    And it wasn't listed on the website.

newSig.jpg
    Not the right time for me to be dead broke. Grrr.

@BlackDragon480 Yeah, that is a perfect description of the man! Portnoy's a cool guy, too bad he and DT parted ways.

• EndaroEndaro Registered User regular
    Endaro wrote: »

Pretty solid week.

I'm sorry ;_;

Similar construction to their songs. Lyrically, not so much, but I feel it's a similar sound.

No I can see that, no apologies needed. Opinions again; one I do like the other I don't but there does seem to be some influence. Reminds me of the song "Mother" during the first half. Didn't we get some Queensryche before? A long time ago? Maybe I'm thinking of another band.

Nocren wrote: »
    So... If anyone's interested... My BB still has the pro-Strat.
    $120, not including shipping.
    And it wasn't listed on the website.

Nocren remember how I told you were awesome that one time?

PM me your city/state and I'll see if I can work some logistics on this

I said he should use that specific image... What do I get?

• espherespher NB, CanadaRegistered User regular
    So not that I want to toot my own horn too much here, but one of my colleagues on ScoreHero has gotten some of RB:HP upgrades loading up on the Wii. He thinks it'll probably require a softmod, and I'm still in the process of trying to get his instructions working on my end (as well as figuring out how we can distribute things to make it as easy as possible for the end user), but it /projects/ to be easier than it is on the 360. I'm not sure if there are many Wii rockers here, but I thought I'd share.

Project Lead for the Rock Band: Harmonies Project
  • ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    I bought a Fender Bass and the midi thing for the 360 as I've been looking at replacing my RB1 Strat. It has definitely outlasted its usual lifespan. :P

BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    I suppose I should look into picking up a couple of replacement guitars before the prices get absurdly stupid.

• Mathew BurrackMathew Burrack CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    espher wrote: »
    So not that I want to toot my own horn too much here, but one of my colleagues on ScoreHero has gotten some of RB:HP upgrades loading up on the Wii. He thinks it'll probably require a softmod, and I'm still in the process of trying to get his instructions working on my end (as well as figuring out how we can distribute things to make it as easy as possible for the end user), but it /projects/ to be easier than it is on the 360. I'm not sure if there are many Wii rockers here, but I thought I'd share.

Thanks for the info. Not sure if anyone *else* still plays on the Wii, but my wife and I do, and this is awesome news! Thanks!

"Let's take a look at the scores! The girls are at the square root of Pi, while the boys are still at a crudely drawn picture of a duck. Clearly, it's anybody's game!"
    I suppose I should look into picking up a couple of replacement guitars before the prices get absurdly stupid.

On the PS3? Too late, dude.

• BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    Yeah man. Pro Mustang controllers are cheaper than regular 5 button controllers on the PS3. Fancy that.

Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited February 2013

On the PS3? Too late, dude.

There's still some sitting around in stores here. They don't have the effects switch but meh

Although I could also just look into fixing up the ones I have (mostly just strum bar fatigue)

HappylilElf on
    I'd like to find a GH4 or later guitar.

• gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular
    Also, none of your instruments will work on PS4 even if Rock Band 4 ends up released for it

Although if Move still works, that means Bluetooth is still being used, so they could work if they are exempted.. but yeah.

"DS3 doesn't work on PS4, but Move does" doesn't mean "Move is the only PS3 peripheral that works on PS4". Granted, I wouldn't be surprised if that does end up being the case, given that the only actively-supported peripherals on the market right now are Move and those Skylanders/Disney Infinity scanner stations.