As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Rock Band]: 4 has been announced! Out this year!

• Ov3rchargeOv3rcharge R.I.P. Mass Effect You were dead to me for yearsRegistered User regular
    Celebration is neat I guess

• CogCog What'd you expect? Registered User regular
    This DLC does nothing for me.

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    I'm at least indifferent to Kool and the Gang. Celebration isn't the one I'd pick, though.

• ThirithThirith Registered User regular
    I was wondering: can the weekly challenge be done with guests? If so, how does it work? Does it just count the scores for the people who are in the crew?

webp-net-resizeimage.jpg
    "Nothing is gonna save us forever but a lot of things can save us today." - Night in the Woods
    Thirith wrote: »
    I was wondering: can the weekly challenge be done with guests? If so, how does it work? Does it just count the scores for the people who are in the crew?

Yes and yes.

Cool, thanks. Although, since I bought a PS4 Pro, those guests will be getting the old PS4, and they're very likely to get Rock Band 4 themselves, so I might just make them set up PS accounts for themselves already so we can add them to our crew.

webp-net-resizeimage.jpg
    "Nothing is gonna save us forever but a lot of things can save us today." - Night in the Woods
  • quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    After much delay in actually getting my adapter and with Christmas winding down along with my newest son getting on a bit more predictable sleep schedule, I was finally able to sit down and pull out the drum set!!

The first couple of songs were super rusty but I quickly ironed out the kinks in the setup and I was back in the groove. Going forward, I hope to be able to carve out a bit of time each week to work on the weekly challenges which I think are great because they give me just enough motivation to just play Rock Band for fun instead of worrying about trying to grind for scores/FCs.

• lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    That is until you see that stupid 900 skill rating trophy.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • JonBobJonBob Registered User regular
    If I knew what the hell Skill was, I might care more about that. XP I basically understand, but I don't know what Skill measures at all.

jswidget.php?username=JonBob&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
    I've been stuck at 850-870 for weeks and I have no idea how to get that number up. I really shouldn't obsess about it...

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
    Average stars seems to have a lot to do with it. Try to raise your score on songs you've done poorly at.

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Sounds better to delete songs you suck at and never play them.

• FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    skill is based off how many stars you have in songs in each tier. go push up your stars in all tiers and your skill will go up.

FCs don't matter

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    I got RB4 today! Just spent the last couple hours transcribing my DLC purchase history off xbox, and comparing that to the stuff RB4 automatically found. Even assuming I screwed up some stuff, and that some of my singles are doubled up in packs, I am missing 65 tracks. Any ideas for a 'pack' of songs around that size which RB4 may have missed? Or is it gonna be 65 random songs from all over everywhere? :P

Oh brilliant
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    skill is based off how many stars you have in songs in each tier. go push up your stars in all tiers and your skill will go up.

FCs don't matter

I suppose I better start singing does Queen songs. Is it Gold Star everything?

• quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    I got RB4 today! Just spent the last couple hours transcribing my DLC purchase history off xbox, and comparing that to the stuff RB4 automatically found. Even assuming I screwed up some stuff, and that some of my singles are doubled up in packs, I am missing 65 tracks. Any ideas for a 'pack' of songs around that size which RB4 may have missed? Or is it gonna be 65 random songs from all over everywhere? :P

Did you count RBN songs? You don't get those in RB4. Also, every so often, go back into the Manage Game tab and check in their because random songs tend to show up all the time

I skipped the RBN songs. I figure there's probably a few singles I got which I later got in a pack too, but not 65 of em... it's gotta be an export or something that's not being picked up. I hope! Manually tracking down 65 songs will suck

Oh brilliant
    Yo I have identified some of the missing tracks! A big chunk of the 30 Song Mega Pack will not display prices - they don't say purchased, but they don't say £1.69 either. Just loading dots forever. They appear to be all the bonus songs from previous Rock Band games; Blood Doll, Day Late Dollar Short, Pleasure (Pleasure)

Actually it's the entire 30 Song Pack minus Less Talk More Rokk and Get Ready 2 Rokk, which did make the transition.

So... How do I poke this to make it realise I have all these old tracks already?

Oh brilliant
    The 30 song megpack hasn't been properly set up to award you the songs for free if you owned the exports of the previous games yet.

The 30 song megpack hasn't been properly set up to award you the songs for free if you owned the exports of the previous games yet.

Dang. Have HMX said they're working on it? They're mostly fluff, but I really love a couple of em. Jagged Gorgeous Winter was the most delightful lil' indie song.

It's weird that some of the old ones have problems - IIRC Blood Doll was an on disc song for RB1 which exported to every other game no problem. The later bonus songs were in freebie DLC packs, but those first ones should just be treated like any other RB1 song.

...Also I had to rebuy Hysteria. All these years I've had it from the Euro RB1 export, but I found a post saying all the 9 extra tracks from that version won't count in RB4. It's a bummer, as it was still credited as recent as RB Blitz. ;P

Oh brilliant
    Licensing is hard, yo.

Sure, but these are mostly HMX affiliated bands! ;P

It's weird that Hysteria no longer was credited, but the Euro RB1 tracks were always kinda weird. Pretty sure it's impossible to have gotten Monsoon by Tokio Hotel, since it wasn't available for purchase here, being on the disc, and it didn't export...

Oh brilliant
    As far as I can tell, they finally unhooked the EU disc songs from Rock Band series licensing, so EU lost the export songs for free but we all gained the blocked songs back. The Oasis song works in RB4 now, even though it was blocked in 3 and Blitz. Whenever they go through expired songs is when we'll find out if Heir Kommt Alex will also be resurrected.

Swing, Swing? Carry On? Don't Fear The Reaper?

What's going on?

Swing, Swing? Carry On? Don't Fear The Reaper?

What's going on?

Possibly re-charted in some fashion? Like how Wanted Dead or Alive got a RB3 version re-chart?

Again; if you're new to RB there's no way you can get those songs since there are no exports.

I might buy Hold The Line.

Oh yeah, I clicked into the twitter feed and saw that. For people who can't get the older exports anymore.

edited January 2017
    I doubt it'd be a rechart a la RB3 because those were for pro-guitar and/or keys. Which no longer exist.

Santa Claustrophobia on
    Personally there's a lot of songs where I wish they'd add those little note track things to the strings of super fast hopos.

edited January 2017
    I'd be ever so grateful if they fixed/added HOPOs for RB1 era tracks and DLC.

But they won't.

Santa Claustrophobia on
    edited January 2017
    can't link to it since I'm at work, but yep. Apparently to celebrate(?) RB1's 10 year anniversary some songs will appear as DLC.
    It'd be nice if we could get Metallica Journey back.

lionheart_m on
    edited January 2017
    Yeah, these songs are literally the same file everyone's already downloading for the exports, just marked as purchaseable. One of the upsides to the new gen store is Harmonix doesn't have to re-cert anything to release it outside of it's original context.

FyreWulff on
    ... the same file everyone's already downloading for the exports...
    ... except for the European PS4 players, who have yet to get a lot of the exports (especially the RB2 ones). However, they've now come up with a schedule for the next few months, with one export each becoming available in January, February, March etc. This reveal suggests that they're reasonably confident it'll finally work out now.

webp-net-resizeimage.jpg
    edited January 2017
    can't link to it since I'm at work, but yep. Apparently to celebrate(?) RB1's 10 year anniversary some songs will appear as DLC.

Oof. Feelin' just a little older now.

Cog on
    I wonder if they're gonna re-license Green Grass and High Tides. It's -the- song from RB1.. but it's also a cover. Would Harmonix release a cover these days? AFIAK the masters for GG&HT were not usable hence why it was covered in the first place.

I wish they still did covers every now and then. There were a few that really took me out of it like Rush but it allowed you to get some interesting songs.

I'm still waiting on Wrathchild.

edited January 2017
    They stopped doing covers. The last track they ever released that was a WaveGroup cover was Beetlebum by Blur on May 20, 2008.

Any covers since then aren't 'as made famous' they're 'so-and-so's version of'. And by doing that, HMX essentially cut off a whole bunch of stuff that was either unavailable or more difficult to get the full masters for.

EDIT:
    'Fun fact', they only released twenty-one DLC covers and a mere seven on-disc songs in RB1 were also covers.

Santa Claustrophobia on
    edited January 2017
    I wish they still did covers every now and then. There were a few that really took me out of it like Rush but it allowed you to get some interesting songs.

I'm still waiting on Wrathchild.
    They stopped doing covers. The last track they ever released that was a WaveGroup cover was Beetlebum by Blur on May 20, 2008.

Any covers since then aren't 'as made famous' they're 'so-and-so's version of'. And by doing that, HMX essentially cut off a whole bunch of stuff that was either unavailable or more difficult to get the full masters for.

EDIT:
    'Fun fact', they only released twenty-one DLC covers and a mere seven on-disc songs in RB1 were also covers.

Yeah, they came out at some point basically said it was "famous band covers another band", "re-record", "live version", or nothing. Or in the RB4 era, DIY stems.

To their credit, the GG&HT cover is pretty close vocals wise, and the instruments are spot on.

FyreWulff on
    Some of their covers were quite serviceable. I honestly have problems remembering which Coheed and Cambria song is the cover. The Heroes cover isn't bad, neither is Brass in Pocket.