As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Fire Emblem Fates: Shipping Spreadsheet Edition

• Options
    drp527drp527 We sacrifice our own That more may rise in their placeRegistered User regular
    I never bothered with underdog because I was always far outleveling my competition, though I suppose I could've cheated it by just reclassing him back down with a second seal

then again he doesn't really get much else that's worthwhile except maybe Counter as a Warrior

a1o1MZu.jpg
    Pokemon White FC: 2623 5026 2422 SS: 2150 9795 3738 Black: 4212 6128 9776
    Black2: 1593 2528 7190 3DS:0216-0910-3881 LoL:drp527
  • Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    i still think it's hilarious that Donnel can pass down Galeforce

like, dude just wasn't insane enough already?

• Options
    drp527drp527 We sacrifice our own That more may rise in their placeRegistered User regular
    aside from Donnel I think Henry was my most ridiculous person

he was getting very similar level ups so he hit like a truck, dodged a large number of incoming attacks, then took next to nothing from the ones that actually hit because his defenses were absurd

also the fact that his stat growths remove the only real weakness of a dark mage/sorcerer, their low skill, made me laugh pretty hard when I noticed

a1o1MZu.jpg
  • Options
    my Gaius is shaping up to be a total beast in this playthrough, too

probably gonna stick him with Panne this time

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    hey if you didn't pick up anna, you fucked up

she is a monster

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    I have always ignored prepromotes ever since I had a bad experience using one exclusively the first time I ever played an FE game (Path of Radiance with Titania)

I fully understand that some have great potential, and in this game in particular since you have access to essentially infinite level ups no one is unsalvageable, but it is a policy I find it hard to shake off

a1o1MZu.jpg
  • Options
    yeah but she doesn't have support ranks with anyone except your avatar : (

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Yeah. I didn't use Anna, not because she isn't a good character but because she has almost no supports.

As for using pre-promotes. Usually I never do but with second seals it isn't that big a deal anymore.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2013
    Forging becomes useful when people start getting promoted and reclassed. Then you have characters with E ranks and having some bronze weapons with boosted might is really useful.

Also, reforging bronze weapons is real cheap.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    that is

actually a pretty good idea, I have constantly run into problems getting people started if I grab a low-level person late in the game and that'd alleviate a little more of the trouble

a1o1MZu.jpg
  • Options
    hmm i dunno what to do with Libra this time

i already have plans for Cherche, and Lissa is with Vaike

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    This is my thread

It was made for me

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Somebody help me out with some finalish mission spoiler stuff
    so the dragon says if you are super good friends with lots of people then you won't vanish like a chump when you chop the dick off this dragon

how many friends do I need minimum to survive?

Cause I don't feel like spending the 30-60 minutes of auto piloting some reeking box missions so my max stats avatar can survive killing an evil dragon demi-god

I mean if i need to be bros with everybody i will but I've done a bunch already and I've got combat animations turned off and I've even got the game skipping the entire enemy turn unless I need to tell some bullion to go to the stash

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Speaking of mission spoilers, I just finished Chapter 9.

Fuck.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuck.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Stilts wrote: »
    Stilts wrote: »
    Speaking of mission spoilers, I just finished Chapter 9.

Fuck.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Mhmm mhmm

Huntera on
  • Options
    yuuuuuup

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    game throws dark

• Options
    I know it's real dumb to say this since it's goddamn February

But as far as I'm concerned, this is the game to beat for GOTY

BioShock Infinite, the Last of Us, and GTA5 gotta step their shit up

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    so the dragon says if you are super good friends with lots of people then you won't vanish like a chump when you chop the dick off this dragon

Cause I don't feel like spending the 30-60 minutes of auto piloting some reeking box missions so my max stats avatar can survive killing an evil dragon demi-god

I mean if i need to be bros with everybody i will but I've done a bunch already and I've got combat animations turned off and I've even got the game skipping the entire enemy turn unless I need to tell some bullion to go to the stash

You're fine. Just go ahead, you're fine.
    It's a question of courage more than mechanics, I think. If you're that worried about it, one S rank support should clinch it, like it did for me.

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    I dunno about goty but this is the best fire emblem I've played since the first us release

It has managed to include features I loved from most of the previous games while avoiding the major pitfalls

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    Yeah this game's pretty great. I spend 2 hours today grinding out supports to get all my people married. Now I'm working on the doable paralogues (aka the ones that aren't lvl 20 promoteds with forged silver weapons).

• Options
    Wyborn wrote: »

You're fine. Just go ahead, you're fine.
    It's a question of courage more than mechanics, I think. If you're that worried about it, one S rank support should clinch it, like it did for me.

oh okay
    cause I ground out about 10 a-rank supports before I got tired of it

though to be fair most of them were c or b rank already just from doing missions and being bros

my avatar is a thrice second-sealed dark knight with boots who just shits on the entire world, but I need to finish and start a new game so I my kid can be a lord

or maybe I'll do a male avatar again and do the dancer

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Regarding final mission
    Chrom nor your character has to deal the final blow. The game will straight up ask who finishes off the boss if another non-Chrom/Avatar unit gets the kill.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    a5ehren wrote: »
    Yeah this game's pretty great. I spend 2 hours today grinding out supports to get all my people married. Now I'm working on the doable paralogues (aka the ones that aren't lvl 20 promoteds with forged silver weapons).

Yeah holy shit I was really surprised at how much the paralogues are ramped up compared to the story missions

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    So am I the only one who pays no attention to guides and metagame knowledge and just puts people together that seem like a fun couple and changes classes whenever he feels like it and doesn't use Donnel because he's some hick kid with a pot on his head?

• Options
    So am I the only one who pays no attention to guides and metagame knowledge and just puts people together that seem like a fun couple and changes classes whenever he feels like it and doesn't use Donnel because he's some hick kid with a pot on his head?

I am physically incapable of doing that

Same with Demon's/Dark Souls

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited February 2013

Nope. I pretty much pair up people who I like best.

I think most people who min/max just do it because they like doing it since it isn't necessary on normal or hard(not sure about Lunatic/Lunatic+).

Also, Donnel has some of the best supports, no lie.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    Dragkonias wrote: »

Nope. I pretty much pair up people who I like best.

I think most people who min/max just do it because they like doing it since it isn't necessary on normal or hard(not sure about Lunatic/Lunatic+).

Also, Donnel has some of the best supports, no lie.

he really does

donnel/nowi is agonizingly cute

• Options
    Most of the people I show Fire Emblem to that really like strategy games are put off by their initial appraisal of the game as "Japanese as fuck"

And no amount of me going "but the characters are really well done and it tells a neat story and!!!" will save it

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Those people are missing out

I mean they are right, but still missing out

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    Well fuck those people they're dumb as hell

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    It becomes even more baffling when some of these people fucking loved Persona 4

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Mr. G wrote: »
    It becomes even more baffling when some of these people fucking loved Persona 4

people who do this drive me crazy

• Options
    Isn't persona basically highly concentrated glorious nippon

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Fire Emblem is the only anime I really love nowadays

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Isn't persona basically highly concentrated glorious nippon

It is the most Japanese thing in the universe

But the characters are so well done and the games are just overall incredibly well written

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Well, hopefully Nintendo will release Fire Emblem: Space Marine edition to appease them.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    I mean even if I hated anime - and I don't - I would love Fire Emblem anyway just because it's my favorite strategy series.

Each game is built really differently from the others, and each game is like rock solid mechanically, bordering on perfect.

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Fire Emblem: Awakening is one of the rare games that manages to hit on all the things I like about games and bundle them into one nice package.

• Options
    Wyborn wrote: »
    I mean even if I hated anime - and I don't - I would love Fire Emblem anyway just because it's my favorite strategy series.

Each game is built really differently from the others, and each game is like rock solid mechanically, bordering on perfect.

Mechanically I am inclined to agree

the gamecube game was so silly though because it let me start my lord out with an infinite use 1-2 range sword

Ike was level 20 by chapter 4 or some shit

2x39jD4.jpg
This discussion has been closed.