As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hedge[chat]

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited February 2013
    So I beat The Longest Journey for the first time ever last night. I am not really sure how I missed that game, being an avid adventure game player. If I had to guess it's probably because in 99 my world was wholly Tribes and Ultima Online related. The cut scenes were awful and tore me out of the game every time, but the game itself was a treasure. Super excited to play Dreamfall now, and really excited about Dreamfall Chapters on kickstarter.

Ludious on
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    ∞ and Ø ?

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    not-less-than is like impossible to type because trying to put it in opens the edit menu on whichever application your typing in.
    I had to copy-paste it.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    I am currently frenetically checking my mouth for the slightest hint of blood taste. Can we talk about things other than horrible STDs.

No!

I have the radio on and there was a lady on being interviewed. She is an artist(™) and apparently crabs is almost extinct in Europe. So she is starting a "portable nature reserve" where we implant some people with crabs and they carry it for a while, then transport the crabs to another person etc.

Nice.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Delmain wrote: »
    ∞ and Ø ?

What should Ø be the not of? "This is not an O"?

it's used in technical drawings to mean diametre tho

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Crabs are not almost extinct what rubbish.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    Honk wrote: »
    I am currently frenetically checking my mouth for the slightest hint of blood taste. Can we talk about things other than horrible STDs.

No!

I have the radio on and there was a lady on being interviewed. She is an artist(™) and apparently crabs is almost extinct in Europe. So she is starting a "portable nature reserve" where we implant some people with crabs and they carry it for a while, then transport the crabs to another person etc.

Nice.

Oh yeah just like we do to keep smallpox around.

Oh wait.

fuckin' "artists"

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    So I beat The Longest Journey for the first time ever last night. I am not really sure how I missed that game, being an avid adventure game player. If I had to guess it's probably because in 99 my world was wholly Tribes and Ultima Online related. The cut scenes were awful and tore me out of the game every time, but the game itself was a treasure. Super excited to play Dreamfall now, and really excited about Dreamfall Chapters on kickstarter.

I've heard great things about dreamfall. I'm not big on adventure games so I haven't gotten around to it myself but a friend regards longest journey and dreamfall as pretty much the best games ever.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    Kagera wrote: »

It was on the radio dude.

• Options
    I should play the games again. I'm not sure I finished them, actually.

Anyone know if it's better in norwegian or english?

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    You know, this may be too soon, but I honestly can't think of a more country way to go out than blowing your brains out on the porch your boyfriend had done the same thing on a month before, but not before you shoot your dog first. Like, I honestly wonder if as she pulled the trigger she thought "damn, this would make a good country song."

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    what is all this @sarksus @onthelastcastle

my laugh is delightful

• Options

No!

Nice.

Oh wait.

fuckin' "artists"

I doubt it's legal.

Like, I know it is illegal here to cough into a petri dish with agar and then cultivate the bacteria. We tried to in high school you see, but anger was directed in our direction.

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    You know, this may be too soon, but I honestly can't think of a more country way to go out than blowing your brains out on the porch your boyfriend had done the same thing on a month before, but not before you shoot your dog first. Like, I honestly wonder if as she pulled the trigger she thought "damn, this would make a good country song."

Jesus. I hadn't heard that bit.

They had a son, though. :(

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    I doubt it's legal.

Like, I know it is illegal here to cough into a petri dish with agar and then cultivate the bacteria. We tried to in high school you see, but anger was directed in our direction.

Why is that illegal? Are you sure the teacher wasn't just mad at you for wasting petri dishes?

nibXTE7.png
  • Options

No!

Nice.

Oh wait.

fuckin' "artists"

I doubt it's legal.

wut? We did that two years before high school. And with doorknobs and hands and etc etc etc.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options

Oh well then okay! :rotate:

Show me solid data from the WHO that pubic lice is endangered.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I doubt it's legal.

Why is that illegal? Are you sure the teacher wasn't just mad at you for wasting petri dishes?

Yeah that's so not illegal here. http://www.amazon.com/Petri-Dishes-Agar-Swabs-Science/dp/B000NNCI68

I mean you can cultivate in the comfort of your own home

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular

No!

Nice.

Oh wait.

fuckin' "artists"

I doubt it's legal.

'Cough' as in from a sick person, or just 'hey Sven, see if you can hack into this dish'? Because I could see justification for not wanting people cultivating known pathogens.

In contrast, I'm culturing various types of edible and medicinal fungi and considering buying a magnetic stirrer from a dude who was using it to culture yeast for homebrewing. I assume these would be legal in Glorious Peoples' Republic of Borkistan?

• Options
    I doubt it's legal.

Yeah that's so not illegal here. http://www.amazon.com/Petri-Dishes-Agar-Swabs-Science/dp/B000NNCI68

I mean you can cultivate in the comfort of your own home

it's not like agar and petri dishes are controlled things anywhere in the world, dogg.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options

I have an aunt who told me if she were to commit suicide she would also take out her dogs with her because she didn't think they would be able to live without her.

Fortunately mccready did not think this about her children.

• Options
    TL DR wrote: »

Jesus. I hadn't heard that bit.

They had a son, though. :(

Bring's a whole new definition to "She's gone Country"

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Delmain wrote: »
    ∞ and Ø ?

What should Ø be the not of? "This is not an O"?

it's used in technical drawings to mean diametre tho

It's the empty set.

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Apparently Cracked's worst movie ever is an Irish martial arts movie

all of it is on Youtube

well, I know what I'm doing tonight

• Options
    I doubt it's legal.

I don't think so, we had like three per person and were sampling things like door handles. But somehow she said that growing cold bacteria was illegal, because you were knowingly cultivating disease.

Not that door handle bacteria are less shitty to grow probably.

Or, a final possibility is that she was wrong. After all during my three years there she flooded two chemistry halls and also once tried to extinguish burning stearic acid (practically like napalm) with a paper towel as well as water. It did not work out well.

• Options
    Tav wrote: »

all of it is on Youtube

Link? I'm still sick and may spend one or more nights vegged out on the couch this week.

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular

No!

Nice.

she may be thinking about human fleas? Apparently humans get different fleas to animals but ours are almost extinct because of vacuum cleaners.

#QI facts

• Options
    I doubt it's legal.

I don't think so, we had like three per person and were sampling things like door handles. But somehow she said that growing cold bacteria was illegal, because you were knowingly cultivating disease.

Not that door handle bacteria are less shitty to grow probably.

Or, a final possibility is that she was wrong. After all during my three years there she flooded two chemistry halls and also once tried to extinguish burning stearic acid (practically like napalm) with a paper towel as well as water. It did not work out well.

I'm p sure she is wrong

mainly on the point that there is no such thing as a cold bacteria.

They're viruses.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular

The radio knows a thing or two about going extinct

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    I am considering writing a few Top 5,10 whatever articles and submitting them to Cracked.

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »

The radio knows a thing or two about going extinct

God

Dammit

• Options
    TL DR wrote: »
    Tav wrote: »

all of it is on Youtube

Link? I'm still sick and may spend one or more nights vegged out on the couch this week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPne3Wh0lqk

• Options
    Casual wrote: »

No!

Nice.

she may be thinking about human fleas? Apparently humans get different fleas to animals but ours are almost extinct because of vacuum cleaners.

#QI facts

no, it's a thing

google pubic lice endangered

I'm not going to bother to read anything but the headlines to dismiss it as utter hogwash tho

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Crabs face eventual extinction though, their biodomes are very volatile and eroding due to pollution and global warming

• Options
    Yeah cough from a sick person, not just a forced one.

IIRC one in our group had flu or something similar that week, which spawned the idea.

• Options
    you're knowingly cultivating disease from a door knob too

of course it's legal to cultivate disease. I mean I'm pretty sure there are some government restrictions and some oversights on like, smallpox and anthrax, but that's not the same thing.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    I am considering writing a few Top 5,10 whatever articles and submitting them to Cracked.

Has someone already done a "Top 5 of Crackd's Top 10 Articles"?

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular

This is all Roger Clemens' fault

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    Eddy wrote: »
    Crabs face eventual extinction though, their biodomes are very volatile and eroding due to pollution and global warming

fry.jpg

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Oh we talkin bout pube crabs

:l

This discussion has been closed.