As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chaos] CitOW game 99 - Third Morrslieb Game of Champions - Magic Geek Gets Golden Ticket

• Options
    Magic GeekMagic Geek Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    [color=blue]Warrior Smurf to Bretonnia 0/6

Magic Geek on
  • Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    Well, I have virtually no chance to win, but I do have to try.

@The Basher, you're up with 8PP I believe!

• Options
    The BasharThe Bashar Registered User regular
    Stever could I get a map update?

Magic Geek I think you need to put quotation marks around blue. So it looks like this {color = "blue"}

• Options
    CerberusCerberus Registered User regular
    The color for Tzeentch is dodgerblue, so it would look like this...

[color=dodgerblue***] But without the ***

• Options
    This could be an interesting round. If the game doesn't end (Basically if Estalia does not ruin) then HR has the game pretty handily. If Estalia does ruin, it's likely Tzeentch who wins since he'll be at 54-55 (I forget if ruin 5 adds more points or not).

The max points I could get right now is 53, so I'm out. Khorne is also not likely to win either unless he scores some incredible rolls and Estalia does not ruin.

Slaan could get to 47 through domination of Bretonnia and second ruin. He can win if Estalia ruins and he takes 2nd place, getting him to 57-58 I believe.

• Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    Slannesh might be able to get first place in Bretonnia.

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Round 4, Summoning Phase

game99state1.png
    Upgrade Effects -
    Bloodletters - You gain ONE victory point each time you kill a figure in a region containing a Bloodletter.
    Infested Colony - When you dominate a region, place two corruption tokens in that region.
    Acolytes - Once per round during the battle phase, you may discard a card from your hand to cancel one hit assigned to one of your Acolytes.
    Daemonettes - When you summon a Daemonette into a region, you may take control of an opponent's Cultist in that region until the end of the turn. (Place the Cultist next to the Daemonette as a reminder.)
    Rat Ogres - Opponents cannot assign hits to Clan Rats until they first assign enough hits to kill all Rat Ogres in the region.
    The Council of Thirteen - Once per round during the summoning phase, you may play a Chaos card into a region whose card spaces are full. (Place this third Chaos card near the other card spaces in the region.)
    OWC Effects -
    Closing the Portal -
    Players cannot draw more than one card during the draw phase.
    Rousing the Rabble -
    During the end phase, when Hero tokens are resolved, all Peasant tokens count as additional Heroes.
    (They are still Peasants for all other purposes).
    Spell Effects -
    Norsca: Verminous Horde - If you have more figures than a single other player, the cost for your opponents to summon figures to this region, and play Chaos cards in this region, is increased by one.
    Bretonnia: (M) Strength in Numbers - If you have more figures than any one other player in this region, the defense value of your figures is increased by one.
    Estalia: (M) Warp Shock - Each Warpstone token and magic symbol in this region counts toward your domination value.
    Estalia: Festival of Sinew - When an opponent summons a figure to this region, gain one power point.
    Tilea: (M) Glean - This region is considered adjacent to all other regions.

Slaanesh is the only one left & ,yes, it has 9 PP.
    Best Festival Ever.

stever777 on
    Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Slannesh might be able to get first place in Bretonnia.

It's true, but he'd need to put down nearly all of his cultists (6). Though, if he does that and he's able to help Estalia not ruin, he could win with 52 points. He also needs 2 more of my cultists to die than his. So if he placed all his cultists there, he needs to hope Khorne doesn't hit him.

Then he'd drop some dice in Estalia, which currently needs 8 hits I think, to not ruin, since Tzeentch can block a hit.

Ardor on
  • Options
    7 hits necessary to prevent Estalia from ruining. Have to leave only 3 cultists standing.

"We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    Doesn't the warpstone reduce the corruption needed to ruin the region?

• Options
    You're right. Math hard.

• Options
    blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    And here you guys didn't believe me when I said I had little chance of winning... At least I thought my chances were better than Slaanesh, but that was before he orgy'd for 3 VP and you guys gave him an extra 8 PP.

• Options
    I spent too much time fighting the darn board (Heroes) and I still have issues with some of Nurgle's cards and how they could be used for my benefit. I have a lot of practice in front of me to play at this level again.

• Options
    edited March 2013
    All right let's get this party started!!
    1. Daemonette from the Empire to Estalia taking the Leper as my cultist 7/6 PP
    2. Daemonette from the Empire to Estalia taking a Smurf as my cultist 5/6 PP
    3. Seductress from the Empire to Estalia 4/6 PP
    4. Seductress to Bretonnia 3/6 PP
    5. Seductress to Estalia 2/6 PP
    6. Seductress to Bretonnia 1/6 PP
    7. Corrupt from within -1 in the Badlands. Move the Skaven Token to Tilea 0/6 PP

Nurgle, if you kill any of my cultists in Bretonnia there's a good chance it won't ruin this turn giving the game to the Rat. I'm not challenging you for first there.

I have a strong feeling that the dice are going to decide all our fates! Best of luck to everyone.

The Bashar on
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    So if I get any hits, I'm now [potentially] kingmaker! Yay!

Ardor on
  • Options
    Not that it matters, but you can only move the Skaven token to the Border Princes, as it has to be adjacent. Same effect.

• Options
    blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    Tilea is Gleaned, although I think TBP is a much better spot for it.

• Options
    I'm fairly certain you cannot put old world tokens into ruined areas.

• Options
    Can't place new ones there, but the consensus was that Corrupt from Within/Dark Influence could move them there.

• Options
    edited March 2013
    Round 4, Battle Phase

game99state1.png
    Upgrade Effects -
    Bloodletters - You gain ONE victory point each time you kill a figure in a region containing a Bloodletter.
    Infested Colony - When you dominate a region, place two corruption tokens in that region.
    Acolytes - Once per round during the battle phase, you may discard a card from your hand to cancel one hit assigned to one of your Acolytes.
    Daemonettes - When you summon a Daemonette into a region, you may take control of an opponent's Cultist in that region until the end of the turn. (Place the Cultist next to the Daemonette as a reminder.)
    Rat Ogres - Opponents cannot assign hits to Clan Rats until they first assign enough hits to kill all Rat Ogres in the region.
    The Council of Thirteen - Once per round during the summoning phase, you may play a Chaos card into a region whose card spaces are full. (Place this third Chaos card near the other card spaces in the region.)
    OWC Effects -
    Closing the Portal -
    Players cannot draw more than one card during the draw phase.
    Rousing the Rabble -
    During the end phase, when Hero tokens are resolved, all Peasant tokens count as additional Heroes.
    (They are still Peasants for all other purposes).
    Spell Effects -
    Norsca: Verminous Horde - If you have more figures than a single other player, the cost for your opponents to summon figures to this region, and play Chaos cards in this region, is increased by one.
    Bretonnia: (M) Strength in Numbers - If you have more figures than any one other player in this region, the defense value of your figures is increased by one.
    Estalia: (M) Warp Shock - Each Warpstone token and magic symbol in this region counts toward your domination value.
    Estalia: Festival of Sinew - When an opponent summons a figure to this region, gain one power point.
    Tilea: (M) Glean - This region is considered adjacent to all other regions.

Bretonnia: 2 dice; 2 dice; 1 die; 1 die; Strength in Numbers
    Estalia: 6 dice; 1 die; 2 dice; 3 dice
    Tilea: 2 dice; 1 die & Rat Ogres
    The Badlands: 1 die vs Peasants

Please roll in listed order.

stever777 on

• Options
    edited March 2013
    Magic Geek wrote: »
    Warrior Smurf to Bretonnia 0/6 I completely do not understand some of this turns plays Just like i do not understand the non- blue color stuff. & Slaanesh is now on 8 PP, and is the only God still active. Wow.

BRETONNIA
    The board is wrong, and I think it matters, at least, it should.

I think Slaan should be allowed to change his 8PP.

. . . Bretonnia doesn't ruin, mostly.

Magic Geek on
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    @The Bashar
    OK, Slaany.
    You did only have 8 PP at the end there.
    What would you have done with that, instead of 9 PP?

stever777 on

• Options
    edited March 2013
    Keep in mind Slaan, if Bretonnia doesn't ruin, Tzeentch wins.

Killing 2 cultists from what we had previously, will mean the region doesn't ruin.

MG is right, the extra PP will make a big difference.

Ardor on
  • Options
    I'll take back the use of Corrupt from Within. So move the Skaven token back to The Badlands. If we go another round we'll just have to remember I have it in my hand. That cool?

Sweet brother Nurgle, I have no intention of killing any of your cultists.

• Options
    edited March 2013
    The big difference is Bretonnia not ruining.

Magic Geek on
  • Options
    Board's right.
    Roll away!

• Options
    LOOKS LIKE I'LL NEED SOME RIDICULOUS LUCK TO HAVE A SHOT AT THIS. HERE GOES NOTHING.

BRETONNIA: FOUR HITS!? WHAT THE FUCK? KILL ANOTHER FUCKING LEPER, THE ORGIFIED LEPER, AND TWO OF THE SLUTTY THINGS

• Options
    edited March 2013
    +4 VP, BLOOD FOR ME ETC.

blahmcblah on
  • Options
    I have a terrible feeling that that insane roll will be offset by a complete whiff in Estalia.

• Options
    Also @Ardor

• Options
    edited March 2013
    [color=blue]I would have been better off ignoring the problem and keeping the Warrior in Estalia.

Magic Geek on
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    [quote="Ardor;26243295"][color=green]Keep in mind Slaan, if Bretonnia doesn't ruin, Tzeentch wins.[/quote]

[color=blue]So I won, right?

Magic Geek on
  • Options
    Ardor wrote: »
    Keep in mind Slaan, if Bretonnia doesn't ruin, Tzeentch wins.

So I won, right?

Probably.

• Options
    edited March 2013
    [colour=dodgerblue] [color=blue]I try to play Tz, but I just can't. I can't even make the colour stay blue. And, No Khorne. You will be rolling first and will break 50.

The other players will decide which one of us win.
    And I doubt it is going to be me.

Magic Geek on
  • Options
    [colour=notfuckingblue] I try to play Tz, but I just can't. I can't even make the colour stay blue. And, No Khorne. You will be rolling first and will break 50. The other players will decide which one of us win. And I doubt it is going to be me.

Why would you say that? There's usually more pent-up hate for Khorne than for Tzeentch, I think. Only Slaanesh has an actual VP-based reason to kill your cultists in Estalia, and I don't think you've managed to piss anyone off this game. :) Not as much as me, anyway...

Regardless of the outcome, I'm pleased that it came down to the dice.

• Options
    edited March 2013
    [color=blue] I wish it did not come down to dice & Kingmaking.
    I really dislike the active Kingmaker aspect of this game.

Magic Geek on
  • Options
    3 hits in Bretonnia killing a clan rat and a bloodletter I suppose.

@magic geek you're up!

• Options
    edited March 2013
    [color=blue] Miss
    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3995001/

Magic Geek on
  • Options
    Well that about does it. So close. I remember back to that first turn and me saying that because I didn't double tick the first round that I wasn't going to win by dial....how true. I kind of hate that you pretty much have to double tick every round to have a chance with the dial. VPs are pretty much the only way to win with Morrslieb.

• Options
    I'm seeing that too. I wanted to try being a little more offensive since Nurgle has that nice 1 PP warrior, but in the end, I was just throwing pieces at heroes hoping to get some things done, but regions ruined much too fast for me and I never jumped in.

I mean, there's plenty of dice in Estalia and it is possible it won't ruin this turn for you. If it ruins, the game is all but Tzeentch's, provided he also dominates. Stopping Bretonnia from ruin put both Slaan and I out of reach of 50 this round. In fact, I'll be aiming for 25, haha.