As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chaos] CitOW game 99 - Third Morrslieb Game of Champions - Magic Geek Gets Golden Ticket

15678911»

• Options
    Magic GeekMagic Geek Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Well, . . . yes.

Magic Geek on
  • Options
    The BasharThe Bashar Registered User regular
  • Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    @blahmcblah - You're up in Estalia.

• Options
    blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    ESTALIA: ONE HIT!? WHAT THE FUCK? AND THE OLD WORLD IS BALANCED ONCE MORE. KILL A SMURF. NO 50 VP FOR ME, RED SAD FACE.

blahmcblah on
  • Options
    blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Probably game for Tzeentch, unless between the remaining 6 dice you can kill at least another 4 Acolytes to take domination away from Tzeentch.

blahmcblah on
  • Options
    @Ardor is up.

• Options
  • Options
    I think it would be hilarious if Estalia ruined and Slaan dominates Estalia. It'll be a three way tie between Khorne, Tzeentch and Slaanesh with 49 VP with me at 25 while HR is one DAC away from winning.

• Options
    @The Bashar - Kill some smurfs.

• Options
    Ardor wrote: »
    I think it would be hilarious if Estalia ruined and Slaan dominates Estalia. It'll be a three way tie between Khorne, Tzeentch and Slaanesh with 49 VP with me at 25 while HR is one DAC away from winning.

I think Tzeentch would use his Acolyte upgrade to negate my kill and put me at 48 though. :\

• Options
    blahmcblah wrote: »

I think Tzeentch would use his Acolyte upgrade to negate my kill and put me at 48 though. :\

Good point. Though 2 hits means Tzeentch won't dominate, putting the game into the next round for a very probable HR win.

On the bright side, there's a lot of heroes and peasant-heroes out there to help us kill some rats!

• Options
    blahmcblah wrote: »

Good point. Though 2 hits means Tzeentch won't dominate, putting the game into the next round for a very probable HR win.

On the bright side, there's a lot of heroes and peasant-heroes out there to help us kill some rats!

4 hits. He's got 3 domination from Warp Shock and can negate a hit.

That was my hope as well.

• Options
    Math is hard.

And hey, having a 1 in a million chance of winning is better than no chance!

• Options
    Swing!

And more misses.

The dice are just not with me this game.

• Options
    And now it's down to HR needing 4 hits on 3 dice. Hey, it could happen. @LoserForHireX, got another miracle Estalia roll left in you?

• Options
    Big money, big money, no whammies, no whammies, Stop!

• Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    I just cannot catch a fucking break here

0 HITS!, and the game goes to Tzeentch.

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    I was soooooo close! Ardor, you will be my nemesis for all time (as long as I remember) for denying me a double tick turn 1 that was the difference between me winning and losing.

Nemesis for ALL TIME!

ALL TIME!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

"We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    Yay! One of my games is ending!
    (I'm looking at you, 2nd GoC's!)

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    @blahmcblah
    Still need K in Tilea.

stever777 on

• Options
    WWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooT!

Thank you Stever777.

Thank you Opponents.

Thank you Adam Bloom & Darian & The Others that allow these games to happen.

:rotate:

• Options
    edited April 2013
    Just skip over my point of view, it is just poorly written, un-interesting, annoying, stream of conciousness shit that is contradictory and not worth reading, just like Rorus Raz says.

Magic Geek on
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    WHIFF IN TILEA.

blahmcblah on
  • Options
    Thanks for letting me play folks. Good game all!

Magic Geek? Nobody is saying you're a poor player and most of the players here easily acknowledge your great skill in this game. There's a difference in expressed and implied claims however. What you think you're doing is providing insightful commentary, but it very easily and quickly comes off as condescending sarcasm probably designed to garner you attention.

What you just posted is the equivalent of tracing your middle finger that you scanned and uploaded to the forum. If you would like folks to think differently about you, doing more of the same is not the recommended approach. I would recommend you simply thank everyone for the games, provide insightful commentary such as "Hey Ardor, next time you should probably aim to win instead of trying to hinder too many opponents because in the end, it will probably cost you the game" instead of what you did above.

We're a respectful bunch of folks here and even though I've only won a single game out of the 6 or 7 I've played, doesn't mean anything beyond my ability to play this game. Roruz Raz and the other moderators have a tough job that I'm pretty sure they do unpaid and for the most part, they understand the forumers enough to know that the things they say represent the majority of viewers in the sub-forum.

To be perfectly honest MG, what you wrote above and a number of other posts you've made make me not want to play this game with you. It has nothing to do with the fact that you'd likely win any game with me as your opponent, it's your commentary that makes this less fun for me.

Thank you Stever777 for running the game. I've run two I think and it's a large time commitment, so thank you for doing that. I really appreciate it.

Thanks folks for the game. I'm sorry to have cost you the game LoserforHireX, but I was trying a more offensive approach to the game, but it turns out I'm just not experienced enough to make it worthwhile yet.

• Options
    edited March 2013
    So after LFHX's roll last night, MG edited away his complaint that the game was no longer a game of skill, but a random luckfest because of my Bretonnia roll. 4 hits from 2 dice makes the game a skill-less luckfest, but all of a sudden a collective 1 hit from 12 dice means that the game is no longer luck-dependent? Good to know you think it's back to a game of skill, MG. I suppose the most skillful thing one can do is just drop all of one's cultists in a region and hope everyone else ignores them or just misses on the dice.

Griping aside, I'm just not smart enough to know how to win without relying on luck, so I know I'm not all that good. I accepted that a while ago, so losing here comes as no surprise to me. Congrats MG, and good luck in the finals (assuming you're not banned). Thanks stever, good game all.

blahmcblah on
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    blahmcblah "because of my Bretonnia roll"
    Nope.

This game, in the end, was just dice rolls and random card draws (like most).
    Any of the five could have won on the last turn.
    That last turn featured some truely spectacular dice rolls, especially in Estalia.
    I had a middling chance at best, and Khorne should have won if the dice were fair.
    Bretonnia was just the dice being rude.

Sorry if I offended you Ardor, that was not my intention.

Words should be written in sand, and blow away with the wind.

Magic Geek on
  • Options
    Magic Geek, you need to relaxand stop over analyzing everything. People play games they way the want to play games. Since we only can react to your text you come off as a bit of jerk. You're are right this is just a game, but after the game is done we are just people chatting about the game and you're not being very sportsman like.

The game was mainly decided by dice at the end, but that's just how the combat is. You try to hedge your bets and set things up the best you can but it in the end it's up to the dice gods. We got ourselves to a position where that was a deciding factor which I think is a good thing with CitOW because it means no one was running away with the game.

And so what if I lied? It is just a game. Promise me you'll never play Diplomacy. I tried to adapt to a changing siutation in Estalia. I thought there woud be enough dice to take you down and that I could sneak it into second. It didn't work out, that's the game! Bretonnia also didn't work out for me, oh well again. I did the best I could.

Thanks to Stever for hosting the game, your work is appreciated. To the players, good game. I felt it was pretty tight the whole way through. Ardor, Morssileb Nurgle is a tough one to play so don't sweat it man. And don't apologize for playing the game the way you felt was best. Had denying the rat won you the game then you could be smug like Magic Geek.

• Options
    edited April 2013
    For being smug and unsportsmanlike, I apologise.

If Raz had said such words to you, would you not be offended?

Magic Geek on
  • Options
    Good game guys. I was soo very close. I always try to win by dial if I think that I can pull it off. I look forward to the next game. Mostly so that I can dedicate myself to fulfilling my VENDETTA!

• Options
    Round 4, Corruption Phase
    Board at the End of Battle Phase

game99state1v.png
    Domination Step
    Norsca: +1 VP DAC
    Troll Country: +1 VP DAC
    Estalia: +5 VP
    Tilea: +2 VP DAC
    The Badlands: +1 VP DAC

Corruption Step
    Bretonnia: +2 DAC; +2 DAC
    Estalia: +6 DAC; +4 DAC

Check for ruined regions -
    Estalia ruined fourth: +5 VP; +5 VP; +5 VP

Updated Victory Points:
    Khorne: 49
    Nurgle: 22
    Tzeentch: 33 + 10 = 43
    Slaanesh: 34 + 5 = 39
    Horned Rat: 24 + 10 = 34

• Options
    Round 4, End Phase
    Board at the beginning of the End Phase

game99state1.png
    1. Remove Chaos Cards from the Board - No cards will remain.

2. Hero Tokens are resolved -
    A Clan Rat dies in Norsca & in Troll Country.
    A Clan Rat, a Horror & a Nurglite die in Bretonnia.
    The Vermin Lord & 2 Acolytes die in Estalia.
    A Clan Rat dies in Tilea & in The Badlands.

3. Resolve Old World cards - N/E

4. Score Ruined Regions -
    Estalia ruined fourth: +11 VP; +5 VP

5. Advance Threat Dials - Horned Rat ticks twice. All others tick once.

Khorne:
    14 - Draw 2 Chaos cards

Nurgle:
    18 - +3 VP

Tzeentch:
    20 - Upgrade

Slaanesh:
    16 - Place 2 Nobles

Horned Rat:
    24 - Upgrade
    28 - +5 VP

Updated Victory Points:
    Khorne: 49
    Nurgle: 22 + 3 = 25
    Tzeentch: 43 + 11 = 54
    Slaanesh: 39 + 5 = 44
    Horned Rat: 34 + 5 = 39

6. Check for Game end - The game does end.

Tzeentch has won a VP victory!!!

• Options
    Final Board
    game99state1.png

Congrats, MG!
    GG, all!