Options

New Ninja Gaiden Sigma Media

2»

• Options
    AoiAoi Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Are there any details on NG2? Because I'm way more interested in that than Sigma.

And I think Itagaki's just an easy target.

He is. There are few people who have had that kind of mouth on them, and it makes them an easy target. The only other person I can think of that I really couldn't wait to click on a new interview link just to see the crazy shit that came spewing out of his mouth was Yamauchi from Nintendo. He just opens himself up for all the hate, and the people who want to hate on the system(s) he creates for and his games just roll around in it with glee.

As for NG2? Fuck NG2. I want something new. Team Ninja showed shots/concept art from a new franchise a year ago that I would much rather see them be working on. Oh wait, how about Code Cronus? Damn it, something even remotely new would be nice. :?

Aoi on
  • Options
    CherrnCherrn Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    That's just my opinion though. I know it's an unpopular one, sue me.

First, let me just say that "in my opinion" is not an impenetrable power word: shield that will protect you from saying dumb shit without any repercussions.

But ok, I'm sorry. I understand where you are coming from in relation to the aesthetic components of the old games. Story, music, etc. - I will even agree with you that they are better in the originals, and that the new one basically doesn't have any relation to the rest of the series beyond the name. This is not the game, though.

"Doesn't hold a candle to the original", "you're going to be disappointed", etc. That's like saying you shouldn't get Twilight Princess because it isn't as good as the original Zelda. The evolution that has taken place between these two games is so vast that you can't compare them beyond some of the most minimal elements. Which is why that judging the new game based on the old games is an entirely faulty argument to begin with - even if the new game wasn't among the finest games of the last generation.

Being biased towards the originals is completely irrational, anyway. The new game won't make the old games disappear, and given how bad a new NG could potentially have been, I'd say we were more than lucky to get a game that is as good as it is, music and story aside.

Cherrn on
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken. That's the law of samurai.
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Fair enough. It sure made an impact.

And if it even got one person into the originals as a result, then bonus.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    ihdihd Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Dublo7 wrote: »
    ihd wrote: »
    fuck Black
    I'm gonna have to disagree with you there. NG: Black had all of the previously XBL-exclusive content and then some at a rather agreeable price.

I can MAYBE excuse Black just maybe. It did come out like a couple months later and was basically like the greatist hits version, sorta like fable the lost chapters.

But past Black? No way Team Ninja can go blow off.

And no one talks about NG for one obvious reason I stated above. ITS FUCKING THREE YEARS OLD. We already talked about it! Three years ago infact.... It hasnt changed.

It is quite literally, not for you. Sigma is intended for people who have never owned an Xbox; in other words, people who buy Playstations instead - in other words, most of Japan.

Also, this isn't being done by Itagaki.
    ...Ninja Gaiden Sigma is suppose to be a 'broadening of the game to put it in the hands of people who may not have otherwise been able to get it.'

And he wants it to be on the PS3?
    And where else would it be? On the PS2?

I'm sure you're being sarcastic.

I'm not. The PS2 doesn't have the muscle, the Gamecube's got a weird button layout and the Wii is... well, it's the Wii, isn't it? A Wii port would be pretty much an entirely different game, if not graphically (from the Xbox) than from a control perspective.

Sigma is squarely aimed at the Playstation set, the people unwilling to buy more than one console or unwilling to take a chance on the Xbox / 360 - people like langfor6. That said, getting people who couldn't play it before is not the only goal for Sigma; one of the others is to familiarise Team Ninja with the PS3 as a kind of techdemo exercise.

ihd on