As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Sonic the Hedgehog: The Ultimate Date Movie

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    carmofin wrote: »
    I really don't like the generic music

It's a benny benassi song

...whodat?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=benny+benassi

Silly me for thinking you'd be referring to an obscure person who works on Sonic stuff only you know about.

Nope, just your typical grammy award-winning international unknown super star musician.

Who is apparently mostly unknown in the U.S. except to people hardcore into electronic music according to Billboard (which doesn't even have him cracking into the top 10 of the electronica charts, according to their online info--hey, you told me to look stuff up), so I really don't feel bad for mistaking him for a Sega employee.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Uh oh.

I might buy a Wii U.

Viskod on
  • Options
    ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    Benassi isn't entirely unfamiliar to me, I had an acquaintance from my school days who were really into his music, but it's been at least five or six years since I heard any of his songs.

I like that parkour initiative shit, sounds like just the right ticket to me.

Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Gosh I love sonic games :)

Who knew? ;)

And I really don't feel Galaxy from this so much... at least, not compared to Xtreme. And I'm cool with that.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    SagrothSagroth Registered User regular
    Both Colors and Generations were good, so I'm on board for this. I just really hope they've finally got the camera fixed. A bad camera on levels that crazy-looking would be a colossal pain.

3DS Code: 5155-3087-0800
  • Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    What are the odds that we'll eventually get a PC port of this? Are they higher than the odds that I'll buy a used $30 WiiU in a decade?

• Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    Frem wrote: »
    What are the odds that we'll eventually get a PC port of this? Are they higher than the odds that I'll buy a used $30 WiiU in a decade?

Slim-to-none.

Sonic Colors never received a PC port, for example.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Vita port is more likely

Actually a Vita port would be rad.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Depends on the terms of Nintendo's exclusivity deal, I would think.

Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    I dunno, it being part of a three-title exclusivity deal with Nintendo kind of means Ports are entirely out of the question, forever and ever.

Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    Zephiran wrote: »
    I dunno, it being part of a three-title exclusivity deal with Nintendo kind of means Ports are entirely out of the question, forever and ever.

Yeah, that's why I keep my gamecube so I can play RE4 and Virtual Joe.

Oh wait, no I don't.

No I don't.
  • Options
    AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    According to Nintendo Germany, the third exclusive following 2014 Winter Olympics and Lost World will be out this year too. So it's probably another spinoff. Maybe the racing crossover that was teased?

soempty.jpg
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Yes some "exclusives" aren't exclusive. But then again some are. Question is, are you willing and find out which this is?

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    Alright, Sega.

You've got my attention.

don't fuck this up.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular

Oh wait, no I don't.

Virtual Joe and Cyber Sylvia?

• Options
    TheSonicRetardTheSonicRetard Registered User regular

Oh wait, no I don't.

The difference being those weren't published by Nintendo.

• Options

There are timed exclusives.

• Options
    edzeppedzepp Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Mario and Sonic is a done deal, Lost World I'm not sure, but there was nothing to indicate that it was timed (Nintendo is publishing in Europe), and the third game we have no idea about.

edzepp on
  • Options
    edited June 2013
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    edzepp wrote: »

People actually expected all of them this year?

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    IgortIgort Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    skeldare wrote: »
    edzepp wrote: »

People actually expected all of them this year?

Nintendo Germany reportedly said so in one of their press releases. They must have been misinformed.

Igort on
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Three games in a year is a little much, especially the third is more substantial than a spin off.

edzepp on
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Hehe, a supporting role second player with a wiimote, just like Galaxy Sonic 3 & Knuckles

Looks fairly interesting, not gonna lie, but it's still not for me. You guys had a good thing going with the Generations gameplay. Keep doing that! :I

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    carmofincarmofin Registered User regular
    I do like what they've shown of the Wii U version. Somehow everything looks really cheap and thrown together, but there is a certain aesthetic about it that strongly reminds me of the 16-bit days.

PSN | Steam
    ___
    NNID: carmofin
    3DS: 2852 6971 9745
    Throw me a PM if you add me
  • Options
    I love that they have finally brought the word "Zone" back

it's been missing since the Sonic Adventure days.

• Options
    AaronKI wrote: »
    Didn't the Genesis games kick you back to the title screen after you beat an act using the Level Select cheat? Or maybe that was just Sonic 3, because I remember trying to use it to get past Carnival Night Zone.

I was so frustrated with that level as a kid that I would periodically rent the game in hopes that the rental cartridge had a save file with Ice Cap or Launch Base.

No, only Sonic CD did this, because each level in Sonic CD is actually a stand-alone binary. When you begin a game in Sonic CD, it loads a level list that works sort of like a playlist - this binary follows that one. If you use the level select cheat, you are loading a single level. When that level ends, it kicks you back to the title screen because, unlike other sonic games, individual levels are essentially self contained games and don't know what follows.

• Options
    I am jus completely losig it over the way they have incorporated a level that looks like a Mach Speed section, but also looks like fun.

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular

It was in Sonic Rush, but it wasn't called Leaf Storm Zone, it was Leaf Storm, designated Zone 1.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options

It was in Sonic Rush, but it wasn't called Leaf Storm Zone, it was Leaf Storm, designated Zone 1.

That would be what I am talking about. The games that have used the term "zone" have used it like Sonic CD used it. This is the first game in such a long time to use the word Zone correctly.

• Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    Consider me sold completely on the new Sonic game. That looks ridiculously fun.

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    3DS gameplay, too.

Windy Hill Zone 1
    Desert Ruins Zone 2

Dat sax.

• Options
    I also like the remix of the invincibility theme from Sonic Adventure. That was always my favorite invincibility theme.

• Options
    edited June 2013
    Specifically, it sounds like the Sonic Heroes remix of that invincibility theme.

edit: Wait, no, I'm thiking of the theme used for the speed powerup in the Windy Hill video.

...still sounds like Sonic Heroes, though.

Enlong on
  • Options
    Chris FOMChris FOM Registered User regular
    Jeez, just bought PS3 Generations, 3DS Generations, and both versions of Colors. That should keep me busy for a while.

• Options
    DartboyDartboy Registered User regular
    So, is it just me or does that more or less look like what Sonic Xtreme was supposed to be like?

• Options
    plufimplufim Dr Registered User regular

Oh wait, no I don't.

All the Wii Sonic games stayed exclusive. That seems a far more relevant example than some capcom games.

3DS 0302-0029-3193 NNID plufim steam plufim PSN plufim
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Dartboy wrote: »
    So, is it just me or does that more or less look like what Sonic Xtreme was supposed to be like?

You're not the first to make that connection. It looks like it and a bit of Galaxy for good measure.

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Sonic Galaxy! Nice.

Looking forward to the 3DS version.

(still not getting a WiiU)

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
This discussion has been closed.