As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Sonic the Hedgehog: The Ultimate Date Movie

• Options
    AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    I had two strategy guides for the game, and neither of them mentioned that the D-Pad controlled the barrels. I think I finally figured it out by accident while playing the game in my teens. I wonder if any of the game manuals outside of North America mentioned it.

Now that I think about it, I wonder why I just didn't use the game's debug mode to move past it. I loved goofing around with those all the time.

soempty.jpg
  • Options
    Rex DartRex Dart Registered User regular
    I had a Sonic 3 calendar. Each month had a different tip. January was Angel Island Act 1, February was Angel Island Act 2, etc. ...

The month of August told me how to to get past that damn red barrel.

I remember keeping that calendar for years, just in case I ever forgot how to get past that part.

• Options
    plufimplufim Dr Registered User regular
    Where the heck is actual DLC for Sonic Transformed?

And weren't we meant to get the next sonic game announced weeks ago now?

I am impatient!

3DS 0302-0029-3193 NNID plufim steam plufim PSN plufim
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Huh, I'd heard it was for one day only... I guess not?

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    That's cool. $2 seemed steep for an Infinite Runner with IAPs.

It says it's compatible with iPhone 3GS models now, too. I'm pretty sure it said it only supported The 4 and up before.

soempty.jpg
  • Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Riokenn has been kidnapped by POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN and is being held for ransom! Solve the riddle to set em' free, or I'll hand em' over to Clamps!

I make my money through ONOMONOPEIA!
    I drink that shit up like fresh sangria
    Is that enough to FILL YA?
    Now quiet you’re interrupting my animes.
    Which forumer am I?

• Options
    Geth wrote: »
    Riokenn has been kidnapped by POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN and is being held for ransom! Solve the riddle to set em' free, or I'll hand em' over to Clamps!<br />
    <br />
    I make my money through ONOMONOPEIA!<br />
    I drink that shit up like fresh sangria<br />
    Is that enough to FILL YA?<br />
    Now quiet you’re interrupting my animes.<br />
    Which forumer am I?

How do we answer these? Because this one is Ronnie.

soempty.jpg
  • Options
    bobwocobobwoco Registered User regular
    Apparently Sonic 1 (and later 2) are getting the Sonic CD treatment on iOS (and maybe other platforms) by the same guy responsible for that port.

http://toucharcade.com/2013/04/05/original-sonic-the-hedgehog-getting-remastered-on-ios-courtesy-of-christian-whitehead/

Steam ID: wocobob
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9It-734ZgNA

Footage of Sonic 1 Remastered running on Android. It reveals a few things, like an added spindash and an idea of how the boss fights will work in widescreen.

soempty.jpg
  • Options
    IgortIgort Registered User regular
    From Sonic Retro:
    On today’s Nintendo Direct, Satoru Iwata has announced the upcoming 3D Sonic title Sonic: Lost World. Not much was shown, but we did get this art shot:

sonic_lost_world.jpg

We also got one other intriguing piece of information: Iwata has revealed that Nintendo & Sega have entered into a “worldwide partnership in the Sonic franchise”, and as such, Sonic: Lost World will be exclusive to WiiU and 3DS owners. No date was revealed, but November seems a safe bet based on past years.

• Options
    DratatooDratatoo Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Hex field strategy Sonic game? Count me in.
    Because old strategy games used hex fields... - I got nothing :(

Dratatoo on
  • Options
    edzeppedzepp Registered User regular
    This. This is the one that got me excited from the Direct. Hell yes.

• Options
    So does this "worldwide partnership" mean that Sonic is exclusive to Nintendo? Because if so, it's about fucking time. I don't know why, but it just makes so much sense.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    I think I heard it was a three game dealio. Third is unannounced. I'm not sure if that just means the 3DS game.

• Options
    skeldare wrote: »
    So does this "worldwide partnership" mean that Sonic is exclusive to Nintendo? Because if so, it's about fucking time. I don't know why, but it just makes so much sense.

It's a 3-game deal. The first game is this, the second is the new Sonic & Mario Olympic games, the third hasn't been announced.

• Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular

It does make sense, yet as someone who grew up during the Nintendo/Sega Console Warz it's also really weird. Sonic, a Nintendo exclusive? Madness. It will never happen.

• Options
    edited May 2013
    It does make sense, yet as someone who grew up during the Nintendo/Sega Console Warz it's also really weird. Sonic, a Nintendo exclusive? Madness. It will never happen.

This isn't the first time a Sonic game has been Nintendo exclusive...

Igort on
  • Options
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Igort wrote: »

It's a 3-game deal. The first game is this, the second is the new Sonic & Mario Olympic games, the third hasn't been announced.

Ok, that makes sense.

Edit: Quoted wrong :)

skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    edzepp wrote: »
    One can hope it takes after Sonic Colors.

As long as it's in the same vein as Unleashed, Colours, or Generations, I'm good to go.

• Options
    carmofincarmofin Registered User regular
    Of the last ten years Sonic Colors is the only Sonic game I really love, so this is great news.

I've said this before, but to me Sonic has gone downhill ever since they shifted the character towards this immature urban-pop-style. To me, Sonic was about a mystical world of nature and ruins intruded by evil machines and the title suggest that's where Sonic is returning to.

PSN | Steam
    ___
    NNID: carmofin
    3DS: 2852 6971 9745
    Throw me a PM if you add me
  • Options
    Rex DartRex Dart Registered User regular
    I know it's just concept art, but I really, really love the aesthetic of that picture. Looks like I'll be getting a Wii U.

• Options
    LovelyLovely Registered User regular
    I played Colors AFTER I played Generations and I think that sorta soured me on the colors experience. For me, Generations was the perfect sonic experience. Colors.... the little things just annoyed me.
    Not being able to change controls, the way sidestepping worked, and not being able to change music and voice volume. The volume thing was especially frusterating because it lead to NOT BEING ABLE TO HEAR THE DAMNED DIALOG in levels and in the menu select section. GRR.

sig.gif
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    sonic exclusive to nintendo?

welp, guess I don't get to play any sonic games for a while

• Options

I find comments like this hilarious.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Well, that's a downer. Between sega pretending that Sonic 1 Remastered is mobile-exclusive and the next two games being WiiU exclusive, I'm probably locked out of new Sonic stuff for a while too.

Maybe the Sonic: Lost World levels can be ported to Generations PC. :rotate:

soempty.jpg
  • Options
    Or... or... you might maybe actually buy a Wii U?

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    carmofincarmofin Registered User regular
    For a Sonic game? I think not.
    I kinda hope the 3DS game will be the same...

PSN | Steam
    ___
    NNID: carmofin
    3DS: 2852 6971 9745
    Throw me a PM if you add me
  • Options
    EvilRedEyeEvilRedEye Registered User regular
    carmofin wrote: »
    For a Sonic game? I think not.
    I kinda hope the 3DS game will be the same...

Unlikely given they haven't been the same for the last two mainline games and the primary one (most likely) is a full-fat HD game.

Gone.
  • Options

why, exactly? are you just a goose, or what?

• Options

why, exactly? are you just a goose, or what?

Not being a goose, or at least not on purpose. Maybe hilarious was too strong of a word. I just think that if someone was a true fan of a game, they'd be at least willing to eventually find a way to play the game.

It's not like this is the first exclusive Sonic game.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    being a true fan has nothing to do with not wanting to/not having the means to buy a several hundred dollar system for one game

• Options
    I think I'm going to end up coming off too much like a goose, so I'm just going to drop it.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    People have different metrics for what is worth spending cash on, and dropping the whole issue is an action I fully endorse.

Given the hexes, I hope the new game offers a cultural victory.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    People have different metrics for what is worth spending cash on, and dropping the whole issue is an action I fully endorse.

Given the hexes, I hope the new game offers a cultural victory.

BARBARIANS ARE AT THE GATES

Barbarians are Knuckles.

And he wants his fucking Emmerdoods.

Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Rex Dart wrote: »
    I know it's just concept art, but I really, really love the aesthetic of that picture. Looks like I'll be getting a Wii U.

The game is set to come out this year, so I'm not so sure that's concept art...

EDIT: RUMOUR: Sonic Lost World Details Coming May 29th, Game Features Six ‘Guardians’.

Igort on
  • Options
    TheSonicRetardTheSonicRetard Registered User regular
    This is a spin off and is being handled by the Sonic Colors team. Oh, and it is using the Hedgehog Engine. The main Sonic Team is currently working on the next Hedgehog Engine.

I thought info about this game had been around for a long while now? I've known about this game for months already.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Nobody likes a show-off, TSR.

Please respect your slower peers.

YL9WnCY.png
This discussion has been closed.