As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Journey: The [PHALLA] for New Earth - MAFIA & INFIDEL WIN

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    But you're advocating not voting for what you believe to be one right now! :D

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    But you're advocating not voting for what you believe to be one right now! :D

yes

yes i am

because he hasn't played the "but I'm just a dumb villager card". He's justifying his action. This speaks to it not being a ploy, imo, and therefore not a mafia.

• Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    Don't believe in me, believe in the ObiFett that believes in me.

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    Don't believe in me, believe in the ObiFett that believes in me.

What if Obifett is mafia?

• Options
    Then his true village loving soul has shined though and he picked the right bandwagon.

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    I just wanna say, I think these hosts saw what happened in the last game with a space ship, and what making it easy and painless to reveal locations did. I don't think they would both then proceed to make a game with no downsides to putting that kind of information out in the public realm.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Withdraw! too much other stuff on my mind to parse this game right now.

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    SLyM wrote: »
    I just wanna say, I think these hosts saw what happened in the last game with a space ship, and what making it easy and painless to reveal locations did. I don't think they would both then proceed to make a game with no downsides to putting that kind of information out in the public realm.

I would like to say that in that game you were mafia and strongly advocated not giving up location information.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options

On the other hand, one of the hosts is TRV.

:D

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Baidol wrote: »

I would like to say that in that game you were mafia and strongly advocated not giving up location information.

I can not even imagine what giving information about a previous nights location would even do that would be negative.

If there is such a mechanic in place, we have no idea what it is and can't play around mechanics we don't understand. No one is saying to tell locations for tonight, when actions take place. You just update your location previously.

Langly on
  • Options

This is true.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    also completely meaningless

• Options
    Anialos wrote: »
    Withdraw! too much other stuff on my mind to parse this game right now.

What have I doneeeeeeee

• Options
    also completely meaningless

Rubbish logic then is rubbish logic now.

• Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    Going with SLyM for now - and possibly for the night. If you are village - hope you aren't special - but I feel like your choice to not disclose your past location hurts the village.

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    Well, it's pretty apparent that different roles have the ability to interact with different things, as per the sample villager PM. If the mafia wants to find people who can interact with specific objects, they would probably start off killing the people in the same room as those objects.

• Options
    So don't stand still.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Specials, don't interact with objects it's highly likely are very beneficial to the village and only you can interact with.

• Options
    I am ok with surrendering a wealth of information on the hope that a special gets to a particular room alive and successfully uses an ability that may or may not help the village.

• Options
    I am ok with surrendering a possible wealth of information on the hope that a number of specials get to a particular room alive and successfully use an ability that may or may not help the village.

• Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    This unit wishes to posit a theory. If the information that the unit INANTP was given, are the only details that player units can receive in regards to room populations. There should be zero concern for negative repercussions in a unit reporting its previous location.

As this unit understands it, the room population seems to be given by stating how room population compare to one another. This results in having no exact numbers and does minimize the effectiveness of self reporting. A unit would not be able to spot an inconsistency, if say unit A misreports its previous location as room X, when it fact it was in room Y. If the final calculations, which are incorrect, show that room X is the most populated room, while room Y is the least populated.

• Options
    BradicusMaximusBradicusMaximus Pssssssssyyyyyyyy duckRegistered User regular
    I'm pretty sure there were specific roles in the ss phalla that could perform special abilities with different rooms. In the end that game went well for village because we had a lot of information stored up from people calling out their previous location

• Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    Good evening phalluses and phallettes. I just saw Les Miserables and it was OK even for someone who doesn't love musicals in general.

SLyM is obviously mafia.

MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    So, I have little idea as to what happened today, even after reading through it all (or, that is to say I do have an idea and think we're a dog chasing it's own tail).

I will say that my mafiadar pinged on Gizzy's last post.

• Options
    edited February 2013
    I will happily shoot a special in the head if it means creating a trail of information that exposes every remaining mafia.
    wiwQfzA.jpg

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    I highly doubt that revealing locations will do that.

• Options
    Do you have a reason for that beyond metagaming host design?

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    I'd say it's a pretty safe bet that the mafia also have location-dependent abilities. If location information is public that means either they have to reveal where they were or lie, both of which could potentially expose them.

• Options
    GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    Vote closes in a little over 45 minutes. Tremble in anticipation.

• Options
    BradicusMaximusBradicusMaximus Pssssssssyyyyyyyy duckRegistered User regular
    slym

Being this vehement in regards to revealing previous locations is sketchy as fuck

• Options
    I would love to switch my vote to Slym if only people would stop voting for me.

• Options
    eddie84eddie84 Registered User regular
    vote {b}{color=red}SLyM{/b}{/color}

• Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    awww

MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    eddie84eddie84 Registered User regular
    vote {b}{color=red} SLyM {/b}{/color}

• Options
    [][][][][][]

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    @eddie84, use these brackets[] instead, otherwise you are correct.

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    I will happily shoot a special in the head if it means creating a trail of information that exposes every remaining mafia.
    wiwQfzA.jpg
    I wish I could both agree and awesome this.

• Options
    OminousLozengeOminousLozenge Registered User regular
    Les Miserables was just OK? Anne Hathaway is in it. She's beautiful. She sang stuff really well. Plus, Anne Hathaway.

I'm not a huge fan of musicals, but I was really impressed with it, and not just because of Anne Hathaway. Hugh Jackman was amazing, and the story was loads better than I expected.

And more on-topic, I follow Obi's logic re: the Xeno vote, but you have to vote for somebody. What's the count? And who set that goddamn fire? Where's Langly's list of location slackers...

Sometimes I have ideas for things.
  • Options
    Also I'll note that one of the kills last night was very actively put on the player who designed the last spaceship game and saw every strategy involved and thought of how to balance these games

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    I didn't star the fire, it's been burning since the worlds been turning!