As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] Everyone still loves Singed.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Junlea wrote: »
    So, uh, I have a new love. Even in defeat....
    txFhx4S.jpg

I blame Roz <3

What? You only just fell in love with Vi?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    JunleaJunlea Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Junlea wrote: »
    So, uh, I have a new love. Even in defeat....
    txFhx4S.jpg

I blame Roz <3

What? You only just fell in love with Vi?

Yes :(

Junlea :: Writer, Gamer, Bagel Fan
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Yeah wow, the stats are useful and go back to Season 1.

Apparently I win over two thirds of my ADC games in solo, but don't play that role as much as I should. While I don't think my jungle is particular bad, apparently I lose too much when I'm on a jungler.

What was really shocking was that I only played an ADC once out of 40 ranked games in Season 1. Now I am remembering that I never liked it until I came back from a break and then playing with Spectrum and Delph and Mini and co. that they usually had everything covered except ADC and so I just started playing that.

I can't remember what the fuck I played before that really...

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    Infidel wrote: »

Apparently I win over two thirds of my ADC games in solo, but don't play that role as much as I should. While I don't think my jungle is particular bad, apparently I lose too much when I'm on a jungler.

What was really shocking was that I only played an ADC once out of 40 ranked games in Season 1. Now I am remembering that I never liked it until I came back from a break and then playing with Spectrum and Delph and Mini and co. that they usually had everything covered except ADC and so I just started playing that.

Jungle.

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options

Jungle.

Not in the way that people consider "Orokos mains ADC" now though. And I can't remember what champs I used to play and like.

There is a creepy blank memory from my early days of LoL, where I apparently played and spent money on the game, but I don't know what the fuck I was doing with myself then. :rotate:

I was probably just the worst noob and blocked the memories.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    histronichistronic Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    @Dread Pirate Abuthnot

Team Go Deep

Mid: @Delphinidaes

Annie mid works for him and it is totally going to work for team Go Deep. Tibbers will help team Go Deep go deeper than they've been and still come out victorious because he's a strong bear.

Support: @Wolfmini

Wolfmini supports as Taric and wards the fuck out of everything. I think that's enough said there.

Top: @Sampsen

Obviously Sampsen top is going to Singed all day erryday on team Go Deep. He will provide the AoE slow and flings so that when this team does go deep it is able to catch the other team and beat them to a flaming pulp with the help of Annie.

Jungle: @Roz

Team Go Deep is not satisfied with just one bear. Roz will jungle with Volibear and we will then have 2 bears, which is 2 more bears than the enemy team has which mathematically means we automatically win. However he will also provide another fling for team Go Deep so we can chase the other team even harder, fling them even further behind our back, and clean them up with Annie and our ADC.

ADC: @histronic

I will AD carry on team Go Deep and happily do so as Tryndamere. I will go the deepest of everyone on our team even as the ADC and I will not be afraid.

The strategy of Team Go Deep is to tower dive everyone at every reasonable opportunity, and by mid game when they retreat we will not fear their turrets but embrace their unrestrained barrage of attacks as further motivation to kill our enemy. @Wolfmini will have to buy a shuryelia's on his Taric for this team comp so that we can quickly chase the other team.

Our main sponsor will likely be Shire Pharmaceuticals because we will all be taking a lot of Adderall to maintain our focus while charging the enemy base.

histronic on
    WiiU Friend Code: rlinkmanl
    PSN: rlinkmanl
  • Options
    Like what the fuck, I apparently thought it was a good idea to play Trundle four times in S1 ranked (one win woooo?)

Did I buy this account?

OrokosPA.png
  • Options

Jungle.

Not in the way that people consider "Orokos mains ADC" now though. And I can't remember what champs I used to play and like.

There is a creepy blank memory from my early days of LoL, where I apparently played and spent money on the game, but I don't know what the fuck I was doing with myself then. :rotate:

I was probably just the worst noob and blocked the memories.

I remember way back when I first played Katarina in season 1 and typically ended my games with about 70 cs.

Oh how far we have come :D

Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    Joe KJoe K Registered User regular

there was a point in pre-season 3 where i literally had a 90% winrate with taric.

sometimes i don't know why i play anyone else....

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    I still have a 100% winrate with Nasus from playing him in Season 1 for three games.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    Holy crap that game was awesome.

By the end our team pressured our MF into dying because everyone on the team had a total of one death.

The score was something like 24/4 at that point, and they were down two inhibs and barely fighting off the super minions so it felt safe enough to do it. Like even our support Leona could 1v2 any two champs on their team.

That was fun.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Alright let's break my one ranked game rule.

I find Leona to be really hard to build. Am I crazy?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Sampsen wrote: »
    How do you guys not love Singed? I am very confused, but I think it means you just haven't played him.

I have played him. I would like to love him.

I am not very good at him at all, and am not quite sure how he's supposed to function, other than being a jerk to lane against =(. Stupid Singed.

In other news, TankSyndra is best Syndra. Start Flask/Pots/Wards, Rush an RoA, grab a Zhonyas after that, sorc shoes in there somewhere - and then fill out with Liandris/Void Staff/Party Hat/Chalice as you see fit/as the game is going. Really effective, and people attempting to dive you quickly learn this is an unfun plan that results in exploding skulls.

Still trying to figure out a good AP page and a good mastery page to go with this, though, so if anyone has some suggestions, i am all ears. Literally. (I swear i did not steal excess ears from somewhere, honest)

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    Lord PalingtonLord Palington he.him.his History-loving pal!Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    @Dread Pirate Arbuthnot

Team "All You Can Beat Buffet"

Me - Jungler! I still haven't gotten great at last hitting, but I'm getting better at jungling. I will be selecting Neon Strike Vi 100% of the time.
    @Delzhand - Top with Jax. He can hyper carry pretty hard, and I can camp his jungle to feed him early. If Vi gets banned somehow, I can fall back on Volibear to just toss the food back at him and Always Be (Feeding my) Carry.
    @Chocobolicious - Beast of a mid, always up for a game, and a great help in my much needed LoL lessons.
    @Unintentional - For taking a scrub under wing, I think Support would be a good spot.
    @Zweitterion - I think I remember a preference for ADC? It's been awhile, once I'm 30 and not a horrible scrub we should play some more. Place on the team for providing some awesome feedback on some of my earlier games.

Really, my team is just the people I've played with on here the most. It's guys like this that make me want to hit 30 to play with more of you, because pubs can be really toxic, which is the one thing that will make me give up early. Just all around good people, and super helpful to boot.

Oh, one more spot on the team!

@Delphinidaes - Announcer/color commentator. For all the experience in streaming, I think it's a good fit!

Sponsor - Papa Murphy's Pizza. With how much I spend there a year, they should sponsor my life.

Lord Palington on
    SrUxdlb.jpg
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Sponsor - Papa Murphy's Pizza. With how much I spend there a year, they should sponsor my life.

I know, right? I was so sad when the one near where I worked actually was able to buy a building instead of renting space in a store and moved across town, since I rarely get to go there any more.

...Might have to make a trip out that way tomorrow, since now I'm craving one of their stuffed pizzas.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    PMAvers wrote: »

I know, right? I was so sad when the one near where I worked actually was able to buy a building instead of renting space in a store and moved across town, since I rarely get to go there any more.

...Might have to make a trip out that way tomorrow, since now I'm craving one of their stuffed pizzas.

I recently had the Panago near me call me, tell me that they noticed I hadn't ordered from them in a while, and then tell me that they're then giving me a $5 discount on my next order with them.

Those fucking bastards.

• Options
    JungleskyeJungleskye Registered User regular

So what website shows this info?

• Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    Varega wrote: »
    @schuss I hate you. You have crossed me for the last time.

<3

We should play sometime. I'm finally semi-decent again.

• Options
    Jungleskye wrote: »

So what website shows this info?

Built into the client, when you're viewing your full stats on your profile under the Leagues tab. There is a dropdown on the top right that lets you choose the season, snooping through my old shit that way.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    why did i play a game when i knew i was going to lose and end an 6 game win streak?

4 minutes in. Enemy KZ has 3 kills.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular

Yes. Her itemization got a lot easier in Season Three since everything that is good for supports has both CDR and Health.

Leona scales on CDR and Health.

Ruby Sight Stone, Mobo Boots(homeguard), Locket, Reverie, Zekes. Probably in that order.

Locket is the most raw health while providing (so long as you click it) a better defensive boost than Aegis (though the range is shorter and its timed).

Reverie ensures that your team can follow up when you engage.

Zekes is there because i don't know what else to build which uses a Kindle Gem and it will cap you at 40% CDR without any CDR from any other source.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    @Dread Pirate Arbuthnot

The Social Entropeons (alternately, Team Gary??!!)
    Flexible top/mid/jungle roles 'cause we like to mix it up (also with laneswaps it's less of a thing at high level now kinda!!??!!)

Master Yii: Zen Vulgarity. he can play him top, mid, or jungle now!
    mid or jungle: Me! These are things I like doing because i hate laning and those roles are in lane the least. Dibs on quinn
    The other one between top mid and jungle: Wimble. He doesn't play much anymore but he's basically the best at video games so we'll shove him somewhere that isn't bot lane

Bot lane: The Sneak! and The Sneak!s wife because they play draven with support morgana and it's a gross combination and I love it, plus you gotta have two Garys on team Gary

unintentional on
  • Options
    WhiteSharkWhiteShark Registered User regular
    @Dread Pirate Arbuthnot

Team: Sapphire Arcadia

The team name is a modified form of my ranked team's name, Sapphire Control. The change is to highlight its PA centric nature.

Top: @Cutfang

A mechanically solid player as well as an innovator, Dancing Bagel would make an excellent foundation in the top lane. Dancing Bagel was a fan of Jarvan IV before season 3 and also invented attack speed backdoor Alistar way back in season 1. His positive attitude, interesting strategies, sound play, and preference for uncommon tanky initiators combine to make him a dependable ally in the top lane and an unpredictable wild card to his enemies.

Mid: @WhiteShark

A player with a long history in the mid lane, WhiteShark is the perfect pick for this team. WhiteShark has a decent champion pool with a preference for heavy farmers and a willingness to learn new tech to keep up with the meta. An effective laner and an experienced call maker, WhiteShark has led his team to victory many times through superior understanding of the game state.

Jungle: @Enigma435

Enigma435 is a committed jungler whose knowledge of the evil forest continually amazes. He likes to boast that he has "a jungle route for everyone," and indeed his champion pool is quite sizeable. Enigma's thorough understanding of League theory often allows him to predict what Riot will patch well in advance, and this combined with an awareness of the competitive scene is a powerful tool for determining what strategies are the most effective.

ADC: @JAEF

JAEF is an experienced AD player who specializes in strong laning ADCs like Graves, Caitlyn, and Ezreal. His strong laning potential and positioning in team fights give JAEF the ability to put the team on his back and propel them to victory. His skill in kiting as Ezreal is especially notable, but those who know him say that only his capacity to complain is truly unmatched.

Support: @softmoney

Janna and Leona are two of Softmoney's characters best characters for one reason: their highly skill intensive nature. Softmoney is a player who specializes in the difficult-to-play-but-highly-effective brand of supporting. The raw power of his favored champions give him control over the flow of the game, especially in teamfights. A team can rely on his ability to dispense his cc with great precision and sometimes, when the stars align, Softmoney can even be a tour guide to Hook City.

Alternate: @surrealitycheck

Surrealitycheck is a confusing and fairly eccentric personage, but the one thing that is known about him is that he possesses dunking prowess the likes of which the world has never seen before. If there is anyone who can be counted on to play Ryze in any role and slam dunk his team to victory, it's surrealitycheck.

Coach: @Soviet Waffle

A professional color commentator and high elo player, Studio has had a lot of experience with (if not directly in) the competitive scene. As a man who spends much of his time analyzing high level play his understanding of the ever changing meta would allow him to formulate strategies for Sapphire Arcadia. Similarly his time in high elo makes it easy for him to correct the teams mechanical and tactical mistakes. These qualifications make Studio an excellent coach for an up and coming PA dream team.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Did calling solo top become a thing? Cause some guy's trying to do that right now...

• Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    Solo top is standard. Unless you're below level 30. In which case fuck em, GO WHERE THE WIND BLOWS!

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Solo top is the number one most called thing, and I don't understand why since you're betting your fun for the entire game on whether or not you can get the first kill. I wish people wouldn't whine when I want to do duo top, with the jungle now I honestly think it's a strategy most people can't deal with in solo queue.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    Solo top is the number one most called thing, and I don't understand why

Because you feel like you're playing the most overpowered characters

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    lol13j.jpg

Yeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh Boyyeeeeeeeee

• Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    WhiteShark wrote: »
    @Dread Pirate Arbuthnot

Team: Sapphire Arcadia

The team name is a modified form of my ranked team's name, Sapphire Control. The change is to highlight its PA centric nature.

Top: @Cutfang

A mechanically solid player as well as an innovator, Dancing Bagel would make an excellent foundation in the top lane. Dancing Bagel was a fan of Jarvan IV before season 3 and also invented attack speed backdoor Alistar way back in season 1. His positive attitude, interesting strategies, sound play, and preference for uncommon tanky initiators combine to make him a dependable ally in the top lane and an unpredictable wild card to his enemies.

Mid: @WhiteShark

A player with a long history in the mid lane, WhiteShark is the perfect pick for this team. WhiteShark has a decent champion pool with a preference for heavy farmers and a willingness to learn new tech to keep up with the meta. An effective laner and an experienced call maker, WhiteShark has led his team to victory many times through superior understanding of the game state.

Jungle: @Enigma435

Enigma435 is a committed jungler whose knowledge of the evil forest continually amazes. He likes to boast that he has "a jungle route for everyone," and indeed his champion pool is quite sizeable. Enigma's thorough understanding of League theory often allows him to predict what Riot will patch well in advance, and this combined with an awareness of the competitive scene is a powerful tool for determining what strategies are the most effective.

ADC: @JAEF

JAEF is an experienced AD player who specializes in strong laning ADCs like Graves, Caitlyn, and Ezreal. His strong laning potential and positioning in team fights give JAEF the ability to put the team on his back and propel them to victory. His skill in kiting as Ezreal is especially notable, but those who know him say that only his capacity to complain is truly unmatched.

Support: @softmoney

Janna and Leona are two of Softmoney's characters best characters for one reason: their highly skill intensive nature. Softmoney is a player who specializes in the difficult-to-play-but-highly-effective brand of supporting. The raw power of his favored champions give him control over the flow of the game, especially in teamfights. A team can rely on his ability to dispense his cc with great precision and sometimes, when the stars align, Softmoney can even be a tour guide to Hook City.

Alternate: @surrealitycheck

Surrealitycheck is a confusing and fairly eccentric personage, but the one thing that is known about him is that he possesses dunking prowess the likes of which the world has never seen before. If there is anyone who can be counted on to play Ryze in any role and slam dunk his team to victory, it's surrealitycheck.

Coach: @Soviet Waffle

A professional color commentator and high elo player, Studio has had a lot of experience with (if not directly in) the competitive scene. As a man who spends much of his time analyzing high level play his understanding of the ever changing meta would allow him to formulate strategies for Sapphire Arcadia. Similarly his time in high elo makes it easy for him to correct the teams mechanical and tactical mistakes. These qualifications make Studio an excellent coach for an up and coming PA dream team.

Your team is way too serious, get out of here.

• Options
    edited February 2013
    Goumindong wrote: »

Yes. Her itemization got a lot easier in Season Three since everything that is good for supports has both CDR and Health.

Leona scales on CDR and Health.

Ruby Sight Stone, Mobo Boots(homeguard), Locket, Reverie, Zekes. Probably in that order.

Locket is the most raw health while providing (so long as you click it) a better defensive boost than Aegis (though the range is shorter and its timed).

Reverie ensures that your team can follow up when you engage.

Zekes is there because i don't know what else to build which uses a Kindle Gem and it will cap you at 40% CDR without any CDR from any other source.

okay yeah i've been buying Aegis more than I should because when i've had very good games buying it early was a great benefit. But in a regular game it seems that my build suffers quite a bit from all of the components required to make it.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    Sometimes you gotta tryhard brah

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    rTe3dhG.png
    She seems surprised that she's wearing such a stupid outfit.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    I seriously love building a early 'mogs on Graves. Hilarious when you get into a 1v1 duel versus Ez early on, and he's trying to chip away at your health but you're just standing there like NOPE, NOT HAPPENING SON and just keep plugging him with shotgun blasts. That free resistance from his passive synergizes extremely well with all that health, and often makes it so that you're the last man standing after a team fight.

I think this game I went Doran's - BF - Boots1 - Warmog's.
    BR0WE6n.jpg

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    No one wants me on their team. What a sad day.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    Joe KJoe K Registered User regular
    don't feel bad, i'm only on a team to cause @Varega a brain aneuyerism

• Options
    Coinage wrote: »
    rTe3dhG.png
    She seems surprised that she's wearing such a stupid outfit.

Your tastes are horrible. That outfit rocks.

delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    JAEF wrote: »
    Solo top is standard. Unless you're below level 30. In which case fuck em, GO WHERE THE WIND BLOWS!

I know it's a thing that can be done but what if no one plans on jungling?

• Options
    I will be sad when Taric is changed:( All I seem to do is win with him.

• Options
    Quid wrote: »
    JAEF wrote: »

I know it's a thing that can be done but what if no one plans on jungling?

Thats when you typically see double top. When no one is jungling.

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Depending on what level you're at, thats typically when you see dodgers. Haha.

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.