As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] Everyone still loves Singed.

1939495969799»

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Mundo is hilarious in ARAM.

Oh dear down to 5% health *ult* HELLO HERE I AM AGAIN

Repeat every 60 seconds

• Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Obviously the best mundo build is SV and 5 Zeals into PDs /nod

edit: Things to do:

Boots 5'd, ghosting, ulting, Phantom Dancer'd Mundo cannon balling into opposing Carry

Mundo, Garen, Darius, Riven, Zac team.

Err wait, Darius doesn't do %health damage or damage based on missing health... hrmmm. Oh well, it can just be a manaless comp.

Double Edit: Darius uses mana? What... I don't... I don't remember ever seeing a mana bar.

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    man. i really want my dang promotion.

but i had to go lose 10 of 13 games with ezreal because I had one good game and totally tank my ranking.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Whoops! mispost

Rend on
  • Options
    MiniwolfMiniwolf Probably somewhere sniffing somethingRegistered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Junlea wrote: »
    ve3rk4.png

let me tell you about how pissed I was when my W exploded and gave me that one kill.

let me tell you.

Wut? You don't enjoy the "How-many-kills-can-I-steal-from-my-carry Support Minigame"? It's my favorite.

This is amusing because I play normals with a friend of mine and I AD carry, he supports and he takes every kill. It's a game of how many he can steal from me. The one game we left lane with me 0/0/6 and him 5/0/1 (Jungler took one kill from him). I bought a damn avarice blade to make up for the fact that I couldn't get a kill to save my life. In one instance my last tick of ignite would have got me the kill, so he flashes to auto attack them and kill them. *shakes fist*

Miniwolf on
    League Of Legends: Ulven
    Q98DBY0.pngwolfmini.png
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    should someone uh new thread?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Yes. Yes, they should.

• Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    edit: moved

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Anyone interested in playing top for a Ranked 5's that Sampsen and I are trying to organize? Looking for an at-least-Gold level top laner. PM me on here or in game.

I'm gold at heart

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    I was watching ahq Lantyr try to climb up the US ladder. He's a pro player in Taiwan. The guy has some pretty sick play but it's funny to see how much trouble he has choking through the slime of US solo queue. He failed his diamond promo because in his fifth game some trollbag double picked top.

Makes me feel better about losing my first three series.

JAEF on
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Playing ADC when your team doesn't peel for you makes for really sad times. :(

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    It almost pains me to say this, but

Iceborn Gauntlet Sona may be even better than Triforce Sona.

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Why haven't you been running around as muramana FF sona yet? Where have you been all this time?

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Smaug6Smaug6 Registered User regular
    ARAM que cant come fast enough

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    Is Iceborn Guantlet really that bad on Ryze?

I've had three games in a row where my entire team mocks me for picking it, despite having an 85% win rate with him this season. I haven't done the math, but unless you're being heavily focused I feel like it's a stronger defensive option than Frozen Heart.

I mean, you get added damage on your autos, more mana, some pretty solid armor, and a powerful AOE slow that you can use to chase/kite.

Am I missing something here? It seems so good, but even when I win, I'm getting mocked for my "horrible build".

• Options
    If you happen to have someone else getting heart then go ahead and pick up fist. It's a utility pickup he happens to do a lot of work with.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Smaug6 wrote: »
    ARAM que cant come fast enough

I ended up buying boosts to level up my ARAM smurf faster...

He was gaining about 500 xp a game, leveling up 5 times yesterday. :O

Level 20 is fast approaching and I have no where near the like 20k in IP I need for runes X6 D:

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    I'm lvl 21, so if there are any non-30s who want to party then message me. Same username and I am always in the PA Chatroom.

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    Roz wrote: »

I've had three games in a row where my entire team mocks me for picking it, despite having an 85% win rate with him this season. I haven't done the math, but unless you're being heavily focused I feel like it's a stronger defensive option than Frozen Heart.

I mean, you get added damage on your autos, more mana, some pretty solid armor, and a powerful AOE slow that you can use to chase/kite.

Am I missing something here? It seems so good, but even when I win, I'm getting mocked for my "horrible build".

I get yelled at for building boots5 on my junglers when top and bottom lane have both died before I've finished blue buff.

I get yelled at for not having enough AD when I'm a top lane tank

I get yelled at for just about every damn thing imaginable, be it conventional or unconventional.

The conclusion I've been forced to draw?

Hater's gonna hate

be fabulous

dunk all day

etc.

• Options
    Talith wrote: »
    If you happen to have someone else getting heart then go ahead and pick up fist. It's a utility pickup he happens to do a lot of work with.

So heart is the default option? Is that because the AA slow hasn't been touched, so it's groupwide impact is massive? I'm never thrilled with it, because I feel like the aura is just too small to hit the ADC, so all I'm doing is slowing the autos of bruisers and or tanks which doesn't thrill me.

Meanwhile with a Iceborne Guantlet, I'm doing more damage and slowing those bruisers/tanks and allowing my team to kite backward, and prevent them from escaping.

I probably just love Iceborne too much :/

• Options
    wazilla wrote: »

I get yelled at for building boots5 on my junglers when top and bottom lane have both died before I've finished blue buff.

I get yelled at for just about every damn thing imaginable, be it conventional or unconventional.

Hater's gonna hate

be fabulous

dunk all day

etc.

Generally, I would agree with you. But these are people in Plat 2-4. Some of them even main mid, and the response I've gotten is overwhelmingly negative. I tend to take what they say with a grain of salt, but these are pretty good players, so I'd like to think that there may be some merit to their criticism (even if it is presented in the most derisive manner possible)

• Options
    SquatfurdSquatfurd 9000 feetRegistered User regular
    On my current account i pretty much just play against bots and spend all of my ip on new champs. Therefore i'm making a new one for PvP. Whose got a referral code to throw at me?

League of Legends: DingusSquatfurd
    B.net: Squatfurd#1814
  • Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    Miniwolf wrote: »
    ve3rk4.png

let me tell you about how pissed I was when my W exploded and gave me that one kill.

let me tell you.

Wut? You don't enjoy the "How-many-kills-can-I-steal-from-my-carry Support Minigame"? It's my favorite.

This is amusing because I play normals with a friend of mine and I AD carry, he supports and he takes every kill. It's a game of how many he can steal from me. The one game we left lane with me 0/0/6 and him 5/0/1 (Jungler took one kill from him). I bought a damn avarice blade to make up for the fact that I couldn't get a kill to save my life. In one instance my last tick of ignite would have got me the kill, so he flashes to auto attack them and kill them. *shakes fist*

I am fairly sure this is what smaug6 thinks I do.

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
  • Options
    edited March 2013

It's pretty much a gigantic waste of gold on Ryze. It's absolutely not a stronger defensive option than frozen heart. It's not even much of an offensive option. Assuming you're sitting on a glacial shroud, which is a superb item for Ryze, here's the breakdown:

Upgrade to Frozen Heart: 1650g for (10% CDR, 100 mana, 50 armor) and one of the best passives in the game that benefits your entire team in a teamfight, -20% enemy AS.
    Upgrade to Iceborn Gauntlet: 1900g for (40 AP, 200 mana, 15 armor) and a passive that's an AD proc (useless) and slow. Good for chasing down a single target or being a mild annoyance in a teamfight, but Ryze's kit is already pretty damn good at that.

The CDR and armor vastly outweight the 100 mana and 40 AP and also come at a lower cost. Ignoring the passives, between which frozen heart is almost always superior unless the opponent is running a really strange composition.

Other shit you could buy with 1900g: Upgrade your tear to archangel's (2000g) or manamune (1400g), buy a catalyst and negatron (1920g) and have a banshee's in 600 more gold, literally anything else.

Ryze 6 items should look something like boots2, rod of ages, manamune/archangels, and a mix of FH/Banshees/void staff/deathcap/rylais as situational purchases.

JAEF on
  • Options

Hater's gonna hate

be fabulous

dunk all day

etc.

Generally, I would agree with you. But these are people in Plat 2-4. Some of them even main mid, and the response I've gotten is overwhelmingly negative. I tend to take what they say with a grain of salt, but these are pretty good players, so I'd like to think that there may be some merit to their criticism (even if it is presented in the most derisive manner possible)

That is definitely a thing to take into consideration.

Like the jungle game I was talking about, the mid was the one berating me, an admittedly very good Nidalee. In the post game lobby I said "Hey there's no need to be mean about this. I took boots5 because I was constantly between top and bottom lanes and was losing a lot of xp traveling. But I'll take your advice to heart" and she chilled out and we wished each other luck. I mean, I don't think ninja tabi would have stopped skarner/oriana/shyvana from pushing everyone into panth ults every team fight, but whatever.

• Options
    JAEF wrote: »

It's pretty much a gigantic waste of gold on Ryze. It's absolutely not a stronger defensive option than frozen heart. It's not even much of an offensive option. Assuming you're sitting on a glacial shroud, which is a superb item for Ryze, here's the breakdown:

Upgrade to Frozen Heart: 1650g for (10% CDR, 100 mana, 50 armor) and one of the best passives in the game that benefits your entire team in a teamfight, -20% enemy AS.
    Upgrade to Iceborn Gauntlet: 1900g for (40 AP, 200 mana, 15 armor) and a passive that's an AD proc (useless) and slow. Good for chasing down a single target or being a mild annoyance in a teamfight, but Ryze's kit is already pretty damn good at that.

The CDR and armor vastly outweight the 100 mana and 40 AP and also come at a lower cost. Ignoring the passives, between which frozen heart is almost always superior unless the opponent is running a really strange composition.

Other shit you could buy with 1900g: Upgrade your tear to archangel's (2000g) or manamune (1400g), buy a catalyst and negatron (1920g) and have a banshee's in 600 more gold, literally anything else.

Ryze 6 items should look something like boots2, rod of ages, manamune/archangels, and a mix of FH/Banshees/void staff/deathcap/rylais as situational purchases.

Thank you, this is very helpful. I figured something like this was true, but it helps to have the numbers. I appreciate it, and I'm sure my future teammates will as well :D

• Options

Hater's gonna hate

be fabulous

dunk all day

etc.

That is definitely a thing to take into consideration.

Like the jungle game I was talking about, the mid was the one berating me, an admittedly very good Nidalee. In the post game lobby I said "Hey there's no need to be mean about this. I took boots5 because I was constantly between top and bottom lanes and was losing a lot of xp traveling. But I'll take your advice to heart" and she chilled out and we wished each other luck. I mean, I don't think ninja tabi would have stopped skarner/oriana/shyvana from pushing everyone into panth ults every team fight, but whatever.

Mobility on junglers is a very important stat. It's how you move around the map stopping ganks or challenging objectives. It's one of the reasons that Hecarim is so strong as he can be anywhere very quickly. I tend not to get mobility boots most of the time, but on certain champs early (hey volibear!) they can be incredibly powerful.

• Options
    I actually strongly dislike mobo boots on anyone who's not a roaming assassin like talon, eve, kha, whatever. They're pricey as fuck and provide absolutely zero stats once you're in a fight. Picking them up early makes you much weaker if you end up in a 2v2 counterjungle situation or early brawl around dragon. I never take them on my junglers anymore, especially since all the good junglers right now have built in mobility. Vi, J4, Xin, Hec, Shaco, Voli, Noc to an extent. I'll usually pick up treads or tabi situationally or even berserkers on noc.

• Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    Or you could copy that one guy in LCS and just build all the RoAs.

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    How do people feel about Boots 3 at the moment? They're basically my default purchase unless I'm an AD carry or the enemy team has a ton of hard CC.

• Options
    Talith wrote: »

So heart is the default option? Is that because the AA slow hasn't been touched, so it's groupwide impact is massive? I'm never thrilled with it, because I feel like the aura is just too small to hit the ADC, so all I'm doing is slowing the autos of bruisers and or tanks which doesn't thrill me.

Meanwhile with a Iceborne Guantlet, I'm doing more damage and slowing those bruisers/tanks and allowing my team to kite backward, and prevent them from escaping.

I probably just love Iceborne too much :/

The aura is huge of course but the important part of it is the extra 10% cdr on the item, which even more so than Ezreal translates into DPS.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    I like boots 3 on Singed and sometimes Garen if I don't need tabi or merc's for the specific game, but I don't usually build them on other people. They're good for sure though.

Joshmvii on
  • Options
    I actually strongly dislike mobo boots on anyone who's not a roaming assassin like talon, eve, kha, whatever. They're pricey as fuck and provide absolutely zero stats once you're in a fight. Picking them up early makes you much weaker if you end up in a 2v2 counterjungle situation or early brawl around dragon. I never take them on my junglers anymore, especially since all the good junglers right now have built in mobility. Vi, J4, Xin, Hec, Shaco, Voli, Noc to an extent. I'll usually pick up treads or tabi situationally or even berserkers on noc.

If, theoretically, 2 lanes are losing pretty hard... should I just pick one to focus on and abandon the other? I imagine this isn't a problem high ELO junglers have to deal with often.

• Options
    CyrenicCyrenic Registered User regular

I've been loving mobo boots on jungle cho. Probably a Silver ELO thing, but just being able to make it to fights is a big concern for me. Plus they let me get into range for a rupture or silence quicker when I'm starting a gank.

• Options
    MiniwolfMiniwolf Probably somewhere sniffing somethingRegistered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Miniwolf on
    League Of Legends: Ulven
    Q98DBY0.pngwolfmini.png
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Geth, close the thread

Get that penta

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative Rorus Raz. Closing thread...

This discussion has been closed.