As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Giant Bomb: video games, comic books, and other misogyny

• Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    Sony is doomed
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    SOY SOY

soi?

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Microsoft is doomed
    oh man, what if the new xbox controller sucks and you can't use the old controller because they added hope and despair buttons.

• Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    Melding wrote: »
    oh man, what if the new xbox controller sucks and you can't use the old controller because they added hope and despair buttons.

Then press the despair button.

• Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    Nintendo is doomed
    Huntera wrote: »
    i wonder what arcade sticks for the ps4 are gonna look like

are they gonna have a Share button on the front that you can accidentally hit while you're mashing your supers

Man I hope I can just plug my 360 stick into the new xbox and it works.

Otherwise somebody on shoryuken's tech forums is gonna make a killing selling adapters.

yeah if i have to crack open my eightarc and put a Cthulhu 2.0 or whatever the next-gen PCB is going to be in there

i'm gonna be grumpy

• Options
    ScudoScudo Registered User regular
    I'm actually excited about this, even though I'm kind of underwhelmed by the software currently on display

it was heavy on games, didn't seem like they were more interested in pushing Crackle and Hulu than core titles, they've made changes to the controller, and I love the sharing stuff

basically what Brad said: I'm way less worried about Microsoft dropping the ball now, because it looks like Sony has their shit together

• Options
    Nintendo is doomed
    does Microsoft have anything like this lined up before E3, or are they just saving all their big guns for E3 itself?

• Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    Huntera wrote: »
    i wonder what arcade sticks for the ps4 are gonna look like

are they gonna have a Share button on the front that you can accidentally hit while you're mashing your supers

Man I hope I can just plug my 360 stick into the new xbox and it works.

Otherwise somebody on shoryuken's tech forums is gonna make a killing selling adapters.

yeah if i have to crack open my eightarc and put a Cthulhu 2.0 or whatever the next-gen PCB is going to be in there

i'm gonna be grumpy

This is why PC fighting games are the best, my windows machine will never not accept a usb xbox controller.

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    does Microsoft have anything like this lined up before E3, or are they just saving all their big guns for E3 itself?

No one is sure yet

• Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    I saw a great prediction that the PS4 Final Fantasy game at E3 will be a cross-gen Lightning Returns.

• Options
    Thetheroo wrote: »
    I saw a great prediction that the PS4 Final Fantasy game at E3 will be a cross-gen Lightning Returns.

ahahaha

no it's actually just Diablo 3

• Options
    Microsoft is doomed
    i am going to be honest.

I thought i was a lot more jaded than i actually am about new consoles.

I am currently over stimulated.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Sony is doomed
    I picked this option as a joke and now I see people legit upset about the sony thing

for fuck's sake can we go one press conference or game event without someone yelling how it's a waste of time? they're all fucking wastes of time by their very nature, why do you even still watch them

• Options

ahahaha

TAKE OVER THE WORLD

• Options
    edited February 2013
    Sony is doomed
    Why are they using gddr5 as their system memory? That makes a whole lot of no sense. Also all this 8 gig stuff is so dumb, what are they going to do, run 5 games at a time? I gotta believe that tech specs sheet is a load of shit.

No Great Name on
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Sony is doomed
    I am also so far away from having to decide to buy one of these new goddamned things that it literally doesn't matter how OMG TERRIBLE their press event was

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    Sony is doomed
    august wrote: »

ahahaha

TAKE OVER THE WORLD

HANK SCORPIO IS ALL UP IN THIS MOTHERFUCKER

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    Nintendo is doomed
    I picked this option as a joke and now I see people legit upset about the sony thing

for fuck's sake can we go one press conference or game event without someone yelling how it's a waste of time? they're all fucking wastes of time by their very nature, why do you even still watch them

no i could have spent that time watching 2 hours of youtube videos!!!

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Microsoft is doomed
    Why are they using gddr5 as their system memory? That makes a whole lot of no sense. Also all this 8 gig stuff is so dumb, what are they going to do, run 5 games at a time? I gotta believe that tech specs sheet is a load of shit.

Are you seriously complaining that the RAM of a new system is too powerful?

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Man, I am bummed about the lack of backwards compatibility but understand I am in the minority. I just haven't really gotten around to picking up a PS3 and with the way things have been looking I might actually be able to do that later this year. Guess I get to either choose between next gen or a ps3. Or just wait another year for the ps3 to hit 100 bucks.

• Options

GDDR5 runs faster than DDR3.

8 gb seems perfect to help future proof the machine

• Options
    Microsoft is doomed

people are mad about everything all the time.

Personally, i'm excited. come, be excited with me.

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Microsoft is doomed
    I'm starting to believe that some of the people I know are in some alternate universe where the Wii U is the highest selling console.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options

Are you seriously complaining that the RAM of a new system is too powerful?

when the actual cost of the thing is still unknown being too powerful is a legit concern

• Options
    I am also excited

but I don't expect to be able to afford these new consoles any sooner than I got the most recent gen's. 5 years after they were announced.

• Options
    Sony is doomed

Yes but gddr5 is memory used in graphics cards, hence the G. So it's puzzling to have them use it as system memory instead.

And UV I'm not complaining I'm just questioning the necessity of 8 gigs of ram, for anything.

sirtoons.png
  • Options
    Sir PlatypusSir Platypus Registered User regular

It's as if you are expecting people to react differently than they do for almost every press conference.

Personally, I'm interested in what Sony has to offer, but I am waiting for Microsoft's announcement and price points on consoles and comparable PC build alternatives to jump to any conclusions, but that's a bit to level headed to discuss on the internet.

• Options
    ScudoScudo Registered User regular
    ok so the real question of the day is: does the 3DS download while the lid is closed or what

it says "close the system to resume download" but I've had it closed for like 4 hours and Fire Emblem hasn't budged from 9%

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Nintendo is doomed

This generation lasted what, seven years? This one will only last longer.

This is the silliest thing to complain about.

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    in what world was this a bad conference

did you see last year's E3

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    Scudo wrote: »
    ok so the real question of the day is: does the 3DS download while the lid is closed or what

it says "close the system to resume download" but I've had it closed for like 4 hours and Fire Emblem hasn't budged from 9%

No, I don't think it downloads stuff during sleep mode.

• Options
    is the wii u really doing all that bad?

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Sony is doomed
    MrDapper wrote: »
    I'm starting to believe that some of the people I know are in some alternate universe where the Wii U is the highest selling console.

Well, technically, it is the highest selling next gen console.

Wii U's numbers against 0 against 0 don't lie :bz

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options

Yes but gddr5 is memory used in graphics cards, hence the G. So it's puzzling to have them use it as system memory instead.

And UV I'm not complaining I'm just questioning the necessity of 8 gigs of ram, for anything.

They call it GDDR5 because it was designed for graphics cards, but it's not like it can only be used for them. It's just faster memory.

And 8 gigs of memory is going to seem as outdated as 1 gb seems now at the end of the PS4 cycle.

• Options

Close it harder.

Close it like you mean it.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Microsoft is doomed
    I'm sick of everything being a tiny bit sluggish on the PS3, and every new 360 update means lag out the ass just navigating system menus

Gimme that RAM

ALL OF IT

• Options
    Nintendo is doomed

it should

the wireless is supposed to stay active while the system is closed and in sleep mode

try restarting the download

• Options
    edited February 2013
    Sony is doomed

They call it GDDR5 because it was designed for graphics cards, but it's not like it can only be used for them. It's just faster memory.

And 8 gigs of memory is going to seem as outdated as 1 gb seems now at the end of the PS4 cycle.

That is a bold statement.

No Great Name on
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    Nintendo is doomed

if i remember correctly it sold 55,000 units last month compared to the 360's 250,000 units

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    The Betman wrote: »

if i remember correctly it sold 55,000 units last month compared to the 360's 250,000 units

wow that's uh

that's pretty dire

This discussion has been closed.