Options

Screw the cafeteria, I'm QUILTBAGgin' it today

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Communal behavior would be selected, so the gay relative thing is pretty accurate, I think. Emotional attachment provides incentive to protect and care for members of your species.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    I, too, am annoyed at the slight inconvenience of remembering an acronym.

This is sort of like when I was in school and I had finally come to terms with the cardinal directions on a compass nevereatshreddedwheatnevereatshreddedwheat and then they started introducing bullshit like southwest and northwest and then SOUTH-SOUTH-WEST AND WHAT THE FUCK COME ON WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD YOU NEED THAT SORT OF ACCURACY? TRUE NORTH MAGNETIC NORTH WHAT

• Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    Also I love the phrase "the community that fucks together kills bucks together" far too much.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    facetious wrote: »
    Fuck this gary earth.

The gary agenda

• Options
    Actually, better example.

Eusocial insects are largely composed of infertile drones. That seems silly, right? Why evolve members of your species that can't have babies? Because they serve a vital service to the rest of their species that allows the fertile members to be born and live long enough to reproduce.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    gary panic defense

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    Actually, better example.

Eusocial insects are largely composed of infertile drones. That seems silly, right? Why evolve members of your species that can't have babies? Because they serve a vital service to the rest of their species that allows the fertile members to be born and live long enough to reproduce.

071104f2185f031.jpg

bzzzzzzzzzzz

• Options
    It's a gary, gary, gary, gary World

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Fuck this gary earth.

yes please

• Options
    the problem with going on about evolutionary this and evolutionary that on this subject is that while broad elements may have a biological component (as an example, I remember hearing somewhere that the brains of trans* individuals display certain recognizable traits) identity, which is the big deal, is entirely a social construct and thus agency plays a significant role

so essentially "people do things because they want to, get off their backs"

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    And I think it's kind of funny and I think it's kind of sad that the dreams I've had of Gary are the best I've ever had

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    mostly just kind of sad XrG6oNJ.gif

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Wanna know my secret? I'm always a Gary.

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Dichotomy wrote: »

Ahh yes, but "people do things because they want to" is something that can be pretty easily defeated, politically, especially with what is at stake with.. said movement

That is the genesis of the nature argument creeping its way into the discourse

If it's a subject of nature and not nurture or free will then HOW could those mean bigoted people possibly continue to rail against it

Jasconius on
  • Options
    jippeejippee Registered User regular
    I don't really like being asked about my sexual preferences/gender state of mind, but most of the time the acronym 'dyhafhos'* works fine.

*(Do You Have A Few Hours Or So)

Nellie the elephant packed her trunk
    and trundled off to the jungle
    off she rode with a trumpety trump
    trump trump trump

• Options
    the problem with going on about evolutionary this and evolutionary that on this subject is that while broad elements may have a biological component (as an example, I remember hearing somewhere that the brains of trans* individuals display certain recognizable traits) identity, which is the big deal, is entirely a social construct and thus agency plays a significant role

There's no problem with it. People wanted to know about homosexuality in nature, and I responded to that. It should be taken at face value.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Also, choosing to fuck men or deciding to wear dresses or whatever the fuck is about as harmless as choosing to eat waffles, so I'm not particularly swayed by the need to harp on how ingrained sexual attitudes are.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    i came to this thread for the Gary and no other reason.

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    nature isn't my concern when discussing issues concerning rights for sexual and gender minorities

probably why the course of this discussion is almost incomprehensible to me

besides, real science has little clout in politics anyway

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    On a serious note though

my best friend is bisexual and it really bothers me how badly treated bisexuality is by people who identify as straight or gay. Especially when it's coming from the 'gay community' (dumb term), I don't get why people aren't trying to promote accepting people as they are.

Edit: And of course trans* folk are in a similar place here, too.

There are some real jackass gays out there. Some of the comments on that mormon video, there's a guy saying "you did NOT come out because you're gonna stay celibate and you are NOT one of my people!" Man, fuck you dude. Fuuuuuuuck you.

I have met some shiiiiiiitty gay people. I know that, back when, I was looking for reasons to not be open, but man, some of those folks were such impossible geese that it actually made coming out harder, because I wanted nothing to do with any of them.

Seriously, who the fuck calls straight people "breeders?" Ugh.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Jasconius wrote: »

Ahh yes, but "people do things because they want to" is something that can be pretty easily defeated, politically, especially with what is at stake with.. said movement

That is the genesis of the nature argument creeping its way into the discourse

If it's a subject of nature and not nurture or free will then HOW could those mean bigoted people possibly continue to rail against it

It's a little fucked up that we have to have to resort to a fallacy to defend what's right against bigots.

• Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    Gatsby wrote: »
    Fuck this gary earth.

The gary agenda

We are all powerless to the gary steamroller.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    Saw this news story on the Marriage Equality facebook feed today.

A Mississippi newspaper reported on the first same-sex marriage in their county and received a lot of angry letters. The editor then responded to said letters publicly.
    He also responded to those who complained that their children had been exposed to the existence of LGBT people:

We have stories about child molesters, murders and all kinds of vicious, barbaric acts of evil committed by heinous criminals on our front page and yet we never receive a call from anyone saying 'I don't need my children reading this.' Never. Ever. However, a story about two women exchanging marriage vows and we get swamped with people worried about their children.

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I generally think of assigning more acronyms as futile just because human sexuality is such an insanely complicated thing that you're never gonna have any finite number of discrete categories.

That said, there's enough closed-minded people that will dismiss anything that doesn't fall outside of their limited purview that I can certainly understand wanting to get more recognition for your situation/preference and I'll support whatever terms people want to use.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    JayKaos wrote: »
    I generally think of assigning more acronyms as futile just because human sexuality is such an insanely complicated thing that you're never gonna have any finite number of discrete categories.

it's still something, and it still helps
    nobody says "well I'd like to print a dictionary but there's no way I'll ever know all the words"

well somebody probably does but they're just being defeatist

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    JayKaos wrote: »

That said, there's enough closed-minded people that will dismiss anything that doesn't fall outside of their limited purview that I can certainly understand wanting to get more recognition for your situation/preference and I'll support whatever terms people want to use.

Queer is a pretty good umbrella term even though it's got some... baggage.

• Options
    fuck words, let's communicate in dance.

• Options
    Dubh wrote: »
    That is because America is shit.

I'll agree, however, that issues should be judged within their own context. I mean, viruses also have a natural origin, but nobody likes those.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Melding wrote: »

melding why are you always trying to get us to be bees

• Options

just shut up and puke more nectar! I will tell you when you can talk!

• Options
    NarbusNarbus Registered User regular

He wants to get busy.

• Options
    bz bz bzzz bz bz bz bzzzzzzzzz bz bz bbz

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular

yes ma'aUHGUHGUHKHLLLLGLGLGLGLLL

• Options
    edited February 2013
    :bz

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    i'm not the gary this thread needs but i am the gary this thread deserves

• Options
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    Dubh wrote: »
    That is because America is shit.

I'll agree, however, that issues should be judged within their own context. I mean, viruses also have a natural origin, but nobody likes those.

I'd keep our shitty science views if it let us not have shitty philosophical ones. But I think they're kinda inextricably linked.

• Options

what does that even mean?

• Options
    jippeejippee Registered User regular

Always the queen bee...

Nellie the elephant packed her trunk
    and trundled off to the jungle
    off she rode with a trumpety trump
    trump trump trump

• Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular

what does that even mean?

i don't have any idea

This discussion has been closed.