As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[D&D 4E PbP] Against the Keep Act 1: To crush a Diamond (IC Thread)

TiamatZTiamatZ Ghost punsThe Banette of my existenceRegistered User regular
edited February 2013 in Critical Failures
Against the Keep, a Dungeons & Dragons (4E) adventure for six first level monstrous characters

IC_zps3ef17657.jpg

The Specifics

This is a PbP game.

I, TiamatZ, will be your DM. Sheets are on myth-weavers (or Orokos). Dice rolls are on Invisible Castle (or once again Orokos). For now, this is an IC thread. Post OOC discussions/comments/questions/etc in the OOC thread to avoid clutter and confusion.

I expect each of you to post at least once a day (except maybe on weekends [Saturdays and Sundays]) when you're able (though if it is your turn, by all means post during the weekend; I’ll just post the updated map by Sunday/Monday or so). If you'll be away for an extended period of time, let me know so that I (or yourself, or others) can make arrangements to keep the game moving while you're gone (or postpone it if the majority of the party is unavailable). I'm a level-headed person, and I won't kick you out for missing posts here and there. That being said, if you flake consistently you'll be removed from the party.

For combat, I will provide the HP, AC and other defences (as well as any special bonuses monsters receive e.g. +2 AC when standing next to each other) of the enemies present and you shall roll attack rolls. If you hit, roll damage and work that into your post. I also colour coded the monsters (makes it easier to work with, since most of you are newbies to the PbP format) by their border; red are minions, green are normal monsters, yellow are elites (tougher monsters than standard) and purple are solos (bosses, pretty much). So if you pop a daily on a red bordered monster you are going to feel really silly because it shouldn't last more than a single hit. Everyone will post their IC actions, with the rolls and results in SPOILER tags.

I will use TalonRazor’s idea (from the Legend of Novus PbP game; WOW! Hard to believe I’ve been using this format since 2009!). You must declare what you are doing in ORANGE text. The rolls must be in RED BOLD text and linked to the IC (or Orokos) roll. At the bottom of the post, still in spoiler tags, they shall post who is up next, in brackets and size 3 font that is GREEN, and who is on deck.

Here is an example template:
"Gorgutz stompz da puny humie ta dust!"
Standard Action: Basic Melee Attack against Filthy Humie #1 (A10)
Move Action: Stand there, puffing up

Attack Roll [1d20+4 = 16+4 = 20] Damage Roll [1d20+10 = 1+10 = 11]
[Up Next: Lurtz][On Deck: Saurfang] (or red for enemies)

For immediate interrupts or reactions, remember to post them with any criteria to follow in orange as well. If one of your powers has an immediate interrupt ability, state that power as well as when to use it e.g. when a monster strikes me, I want to use power X (where X is the power with immediate interrupt, such as a Wizard’s Shield utility power, or the Fighter’s No Opening Utility power).

Also link to OOC thread: here

The primary goal here is for us all to have fun. Though I’m not new to PbP DMing (and to be honest, this is my 1st Custom campaign in the history of ever), I can still make the odd mistake from time to time. Not to mention that the majority of you are all (probably) new to PbP games, so we’re all noobs here. If you're not having fun for some reason, please let me know. Alright, now that that's all out of the way, let's go roll some dice and kill some monsters!

Act 1: To crush a Diamond...

“Tonight, the crying of the children kept me awake, and I had a terrible vision. I saw the fall of our homeland! The marrow of our dry bones suckled on by red furred jackals, bleached under a harsh sun. Brindol! Vraath Keep! Drellin’s Ferry! Even Dennovar! Gone... all gone! Why would Pelor send such a vision? He is not cruel! He has watched over us! We have had victories aplenty in the war against the Red Hand. The Diamond League, our champions of justice, saw to that! And yet, even now, I fear for the worst...”

- Mother Marinda Algoy, Human cleric of Pelor, on the eve of the Moot

Contents:
Prologue: The Moot

The Cast (AKA the party):

Current Party :

AlkkretMAP_zps33b3f84a.png Peff as Alkkret, Bugbear Predator Druid - A young and curious bugbear of the Grimfur Clan, Alkkret has recently found a savage sense purpose in the wilds of the Wyrmsmoke Mountains. While not knowing it himself, this has started him down a path that will one day put him in a position of power and respect among his clan...if his mentor is able to temper his eager but brash nature. Alkkret often takes the shape of a great boar; it's powerful but sometimes reckless fondness of charging an appropriate match for the druid.

SeemakMAP_zpsa3640186.png CesareB as Seemak, Kobold Star Pact Warlock - Small even for a kobold, Seemak is intense and brooding, alternately troubled and encouraged by his prophetic visions. As one of his tribe’s seers, he is used to being held in high regard, and does not take kindly to being ignored, though he is more likely to seethe than strike out at those he feels have wronged him. He is extremely confident in his understanding of Fate and is openly dismissive of those with alternate views. He comes to the moot determined to support his mistress, the Star Seeker Antax, and guide the gathered monstrosities to a great offensive in line with the dictates of the stars.

DilzixMAP_zps4d615a65.png Slayer of Dreams as Dilzix Greatfire, Goblin Flameburster (Pyromancy Mage) - Dilzix was abducted by a devil under the control of Tharizdun, his memories wiped, and given his connection to arcane magic with a specialty leaning towards fire. He was been tasked to harness his power or die. He learned to control his power and is now moving forward with his devil master's plans of destruction on a greater scale.

CullMAP_zps87d13c66.png Leper as Cull Ur'Chek - Bugbear Warmaster - Cull has fallen from the heights of heir-apparent, risen from shame and disgrace to lead a band of highway thugs, and has his eye on greater conquest to come. He sees the entire Vale as his for the taking, and will not be satisfied until all of its peoples gather under his banner, or choke in his iron grasp.

GrinikMAP_zps3877f7b3.png Nealneal as Grinik Skullborn, Goblin Warpriest of Nerull - Grinik is a goblin, the nastiest sort of goblin... a small one. He wears sombre colored robes under his chainmail, mostly charcoal greys with some blood reds and dark browns for "flair." Even though he's small, he cuts an imposing figure in his full war regalia. Quiet and taciturn, he can become quite agitated when discussing Nerull and his return. During which one might note a glint of something "not all there" in his eyes. Derangement might be too strong a word, but not to those who've suffered his fury. He often can be found sitting off on his own whispering to an object he wears on a chain around his neck. As the spiritual leader and war advisor to the Cliffspear tribe, he leads them to victory over their neighbours. Now it is time to take his conquest to the human lands.

NaruzMAP_zps4ce49cb5.png Snowdown as Naruz, Half-Orc Blackguard - Bitter and full of hatred, Naruz believes that he is destined to dominate the Elsir Vale and rule with an iron fist; succeeding where Azarr Kul failed. He is outspoken, dominating, and often intimidating. Though never shown willingly, under his hardened shell of bloodstained armor lie ruggedly handsome features that betray the human blood flowing through his veins. Wherever he treads... not far behind trails his terrifying displacer beast; seemingly reacting to his every thought. The moot, and upcoming war are to be Naruz' path to coming greatness.

Fallen in Battle :

None... yet!

Orokos/MythWeavers Campaign name:
PA MONSTERSRULE

Whenever you use a site like Orokos or Invisible Castle for your rolls (attack rolls/ skill rolls etc.), use this as the campaign name.

Quest List:
Current Quests:
None Yet!

Completed Quests:
None Yet!

Additional Notes:
This section is to keep track of any PC related feats or powers that would aid other players or powers you need to take into consideration for other players (i.e. Seemak’s Prime Shot).
Seemak’s Prime Shot: +1 to range attacks rolls when no other ally is closer to the target than you.

Seemak’s Warlock Curse: As a Minor action (once per turn), curse the NEAREST enemy that you can SEE.

Naruz’s Displacer Beast Aura: Displacement (Illusion; Aura 1); Allies gain a + 1 power bonus to all defenses while in the aura.

Grinik's Devout Protector Expertise ability: while Grinik uses a shield, his allies gain a +1 shield bonus to AC.

If you guys think I missed anything important feats or powers that might aid your character or others, feel free to PM me and I’ll add it here in the list.

Treasure List:
Nothin ‘ere, Boss!

TiamatZ on

• Options
    TiamatZTiamatZ Ghost puns The Banette of my existenceRegistered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Prologue: The Moot

EIWDBarbarianCamp_zps48a25a7d.jpg

Elsir Vale…

Once the seat of an ancient Dwarven empire, the Vale has since changed hands many a time. After the Dwarves fell, the lands were beset by vicious tribes of orcs, goblinoids, and other monstrous humanoids, and for a time, only chaos and darkness reigned. Many centuries had passed till another empire had claimed the land from the monsters: the Human Empire of Rhestilor. But it too was destined not to last. The kingdom of Rhestilor eventually collapsed under civil strife, monstrous incursions, and magical blights. After four centuries, the city of Rhest was burned by a savage horde that descended swiftly from out of the Wyrmsmoke Mountains. Although the warriors of Rhestilor killed much of the horde, the city was eventually abandoned and the kingdom was broken forever.

Since its destruction, the towns of Elsir Vale came to look after themselves. Most of the local lords still held deluded titles of an empire gone, their arrogance only trumped by their weakness. While everyone knew that the kings of Rhestilor were long dead, no new realm arose in the Vale, for fear of invoking the same fate that has befallen Rhestilor and the many empires before...

When the scourge that was the Red Hand of Doom was utterly crushed by the humans and their ‘heroes’, the Diamond League, many had felt that the ancient curse that has befallen Elsir Vale was no more. Since then, a century of peace has befallen the land.

But such a peace was merely a charade, as the people of the Elsir Vale will soon find out. For you see, while the citizens of Elsir Vale wallowed in their own superiority and reliance on the Diamond Guard, the many monstrous tribes and clans that have existed in the Elsir Vale have been undermined, endangered and worse, subjugated at the hands of these beings. A century of peace, brought on by the destruction and suppression of the former conquerors.

But now the time has come to strike back at those who once called themselves the victims. The curse of Elsir Vale has never dissipated…merely delayed.

Fate has a most…ironic sense of humor...

Time: Dusk, Late Fall
    Location: Deep within the crags of the Wyrmsmoke Mountains...

The sun, long past its peak, slowly sets in the distance, beyond the rugged stretch of the mountain range. With its incoming disappearance, the Moot prepares itself for the night. The Moot itself is a large gathering of many different bands of tribes, gangs and clans from all over the Vale. Small patrols of goblins and hobgoblins prepare lighting the many fire pits and torches scattered across the tents that litter the grounds. Kobolds skitter across the grounds, picking up (or looting) what little intricacies and trinkets they could scrounge in their free time. Groups of Gnolls play a game they named ‘bone dice’, while others sharpened their blades, spears and other implements that many (from the civilized lands) might even considered to be unethical in the art of battle. Bugbears from all walks of life boast their numerous battle scars with one another, vaunting their many tales as to how they gained such mutilations. Many an Orc and Ogre prepare the butchered oxen, goat, and even bear (and other succulent, tender meat) for dinner, placing the meat above their respective fireplaces with pleasure. The rest merely gathered together, humming familiar battle verses and songs they were taught ever since they could kill the first intelligent being when they learned to walk. For the coming night was a special one; for not only were the gathered elders going to announce their champions, but also announce the battle plan for tomorrow’s invasion. Sure, many had known long ago about the incoming battle against the dreaded Keep, but to hear it from their own elders eased their suspicions.

Of the tribes that gathered, there were the goblins of the Cliffspear and Withering Skull tribes. Representing the bugbears were the Grimfur and Bleakrock clans. The Copperkin and Crimsonbeaks were the only Kobold clans to arrive. The Marrow Gnawer and Bone Ripper Gnoll tribes made their way from the Endless Plains together, which was remarkably odd considering the bloody rivalry the two tribes had shared for many winters. Many of the elders viewed this as a sign of the coming changes. Of the Hobgoblins, only the Black Fist clan arrived; though it was hardly a clan so much as a mercenary unit comprised of a hundred and fifty strong. The mighty and infamous Spinebreaker Ogre tribe also made their arrival at the Moot surprisingly early, given the average intelligence for an ogre. From the Giantshields hailed the Blood Tusks, one of the larger orc tribes that resided there. Of the few minotaur and kenku tribes of the Vale, none arrived. Many of the elders thought this as a dark sign of things to come…

However, our story focuses on six warriors. Though each one had their own reasons to be at the Moot, none of them could fathom the trials and troubles they would face together in the incoming war of Elsir Vale…

Alkkret:
    The bush rustles.

Out jumps a wild mountain ram, trampling away from the bush.

Moments later, two wolves jump out from the bush as well, chasing their quarry.

Alkkret was used to his boar form, so he had trouble getting used trying out a more lithe and maneuverable form such as a wolf. Upon his brother’s insistence though, Alkkret had to master many different forms of nature if he is to one day take on his brother’s mantle. As he closes in on the target, he could spot his brother trailing behind him. Alkkret soon realized this was not his brother’s hunt, but his own. His brother was testing him.

Passive Nature (Success): You could spot a nearby piece of rock jutting out of the cliff face ahead, acting as a makeshift ramp. Given enough of a boost, you could use the ramp to practically jump on the ram, and end the hunt swiftly.
    (Athletics or Acrobatics check DC 12)

Cull Ur'Chek:
    A number of unfriendly eyes remained fixated at the large Bugbear known as Cull. Having arrived without a tribe, clan or horde to his name moments ago, many mistook him for nothing more than a scavenger. Many (and especially the gnolls) would gladly have ended his life there, had he not presented tribute of his own to give: a large sack of tribute that almost rivaled some tribes' entire treasuries. If that was not enough, the impressions he left for the chieftains when he single handily throttled and cracked three of the Blackmane’s finest soldiers necks quickly and brutally was to say... remarkable. The chieftains (wise they soon were) allowed the ‘loner’ passage within the Moot, but did warn him that he had no say in any matter, and that should he be caught red handed in any crime, or murdered anyone in cold blood, that his life was forfeit.

It did not bother Cull at all. Brutish though he was, even he knew not to mess with a Moot full of monstrous races who could literally pummel him to death. Sure, he’s take maybe an ogre at least before he died, but it would not benefit him at all in the end. He made his way around the Moot, talking with anyone who could (or wanted) to listen. He also noted that many of the troops that were gathered had barely seen enough winters to be even called ‘proper’ grunts, much less warriors. He was busy making his way to the Pits, until he was stopped by a group of bugbears. Judging by the scowls on their faces, Cull figured they were all from the Bleakrock Clan, his ‘former’ clan. The largest of the five (who was at least a full feet below Cull’s own prodigious height) crossed his arms and glared at Cull. He wore simple hide armor from the waist down, and his bare chest was covered with dark, curvy tattoos.

“Well, lookie ‘ere, mates! Guess what they said was true: Where an army’s a walkin’, is bound to be starving jackals behind ‘em! ‘Cept this one! His stench be so bad that it chased all em jackals away! Bwhahahaha!” the large one guffaws, with the others soon following suit. Judging by their scruffy beards, they barely saw at most five winters. The gruntiest of grunts to Cull’s eyes.

Dilzix:
    “ANOTHER ONE!” the tattooed goblin yells.

The nearby group of frightened goblins gladly complied, as they soon hurled another large clay block into the air. Dilzix took aim, whispered a quick arcane chant, and then released a scorching flare towards the flying object. The block instantly burst into dust at the impact of that magical flare.
    A nearby group of monsters took a liking to the display of ‘firepower’, with one ogre even clapping his hands thunderously. Dilzix did not care. What he wanted to do was to keep practicing his magical powers, as well as show off his clan’s strength to the other clans.

“You good leetle gobbo.” The ogre chuckles. “But, I bet yoo can not hit blocks that I throw! He He He!” the ogre chuckles (almost accentuating each He), as he stomped his way to the small group of goblins nearby. Intimidated by his presence, the goblins flee from the ogre, afraid of being stomped by his large feet. The ogre slowly picks up a few of the small, miniscule blocks (all the while fumbling and slipping a number of blocks out of his clumsy grasp). He turns toward Dilzix, holing three clay blocks in one hand.
    “I bet yoo twe...two...ummm... too tens of flats if yoo can heet all thr...umm...three blocks... without missin... ummm... one! Deel?” The ogre grunts, as he flashes his other hand four times with all five crooked digits shown.

DM: He will toss the blocks at different speeds, so their defences increase by five each block (so the 1st block has 5 to all defenses, 10 on the 2nd one, and 15 on the 3rd). You can use any spell (single target or AoE) for the attacks.

Grinik:
    Up above a nearby hill overlooking the Moot grounds, a solitary figure sat in solemn silence. The lonesome goblin priest was busy consecrating the hill for his own dark, nefarious purposes.

Having been erected with simple stones and rocks, the cairn was adorned with lavender cuttings, as well as a bleached, white skull resting upon it. The origin of the skull was a mystery on to itself to anyone but Grinik, and he always remained cryptic about it to even his closest followers... what little followers he had, of course. Grinik did not approve the jovial mood most of the others were below at the Moot, so it suited to his liking well. After all, as the harbinger of a dead god, one has very few (if any) followers to believe in such a cause. But Grinik believed different. He believed that he could return his patron from the dead, and for his troubles, be rewarded a divine position any goblin would KILL to even gain a taste of such power.

He continued with his chanting, until he spots two silhouettes making their way towards the top of the hill.

Passive Perception (Success): You can spot what appear to be two hobgoblins making their way towards you and the cairn.

Naruz:
    Naruz (formerly known as Xoul) stared at his face with shard of a broken mirror. Such luxuries of the civilized world were a rarity this far in the wilds. His expression was nothing short of a grimace.

He was a Half-Orc, and his human heritage was plain to see, even for the lowest of orcs. He may have been considered a (somewhat) equal to others in the civilized realm. But in the wilds, where his fate was cast, being human (and a half breed at that) was considered an act of shame to a clan, and Naruz was treated as a slave at best, and trash at worst. But fate was not truly a heartless bitch as many claimed. Thanks to unforeseen events, Naruz had gained control of a powerful follower, slain a number of Wargrim's loyal flunkies, and even became the champion of the tribe that once reviled his existence. The irony was not lost to the charismatic and manipulative blackguard. He continued to stare within the shard, his mind focusing on other matters for the time being...

Suddenly, he could hear Skarr (whom his tribe have come to call 'the Hellcat') growling outside his tent. He had stationed his mystical beast outside his tent to act as a guard dog in case of any possible intruders.

Someone (or something) was making it's way to the tent...

Seemak:
    Darkness…

Darkness is all that you see…

Focus, Seemak! Remember that eyes deceive in the dream world. Do not be fooled, yip yip!

The small Kobold weaved to and fro the dark expanse. His body felt light, as though he could walk on the very clouds he always looked upon the ground. He flew and soared all over the nothingness. He soon spotted what appeared to be a light at the far end of the consuming dark abyss. He soared his way towards it. The light grew larger and larger until the light flashed brightly in his eyes.

Wake, up!

Seemak ignored the voice that was calling to him, and instead rubbed his eyes sparingly. When he opened them up again, he was soon astounded by the row of stars that have appeared in the inky darkness. The Kobold recognized followed the awfully familiar star pattern carefully, not certain where they would lead him to.

Wake, up! Hatchling!

He soon entered a vast, crimson colored nebula. As he flew in deeper, he realized that he could no longer see the stars behind him.

Seemak! Wake up!

Suddenly, a dark chill could be felt by the kobold, and he could not help but feel that something was watching him. He turned around… only to see an enormous, pitch-black, roiling, lidless, and amorphous eye! The eye merely gazes back at the speck that is Seemak.

Seemak!

Dark, inky tendrils shoot out from the eye’s pupil, as they jet towards the unsuspecting Seemak.

*Slam*

Seemak wakes up in the Seer’s tent, lying on the ground; the only object his eyes could see was a blurred image of an old, mottled claw.

“Hmph, still a hatchwit you are, Seemak. Not listening to your mentor like that. Still much to learn, yes? Yip yip.” The old Kobold snaps, as she crosses her claws at Seemak. As his eyesight returns, Seemak looks up to his old mentor. Her scales are dreary moss colored, with one of her eyes milky white from age. She wears a simple dark purple tunic, with black colored finishing. “Still,” she sighs, “what portents, did you see, yes?”

Passive Insight (Failed): Other than what you saw in the vision, you can’t find any connection of that vision with your past. Perhaps magic can help where your comprehension has failed…
    (Arcana DC 12)

Note:
    Time for some RP and introductions!

If you guys don't like your character's intro, just PM me a more satisfactory intro. I'll rewrite it then.

Also: Enjoy the campaign!

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    Slayer of DreamsSlayer of Dreams Registered User regular
    As the ogre tromped towards him and challenged him, Dilzix grinned widely. One more step towards showing that his clan, that he, was the most powerful creature here. Not just power, but control, speed, and precision. Nothing is more intimidating than having your own challenge struck down as though it were child's play.

"Deal! Now throw!"

Fire burst from the tattoos covering Dilzix's body, completely obscuring him from view for a second as the ogre lobbed the first stone into the air. Once the block got a little distance out, Dilzix pulled all of the flames into a ball in his hand and threw it in a manner similar to the ogre's throw, just at a greater speed. Faster than the eye could track, the orb impacted the block and sent debris scattering in the wind. Dilzix still grinned.

"Next!"

The ogre launched the second block at twice the speed of his first, and Dilzix lifted his hand above his head and called his flames into the shape of a spear. He hauled back, took aim, and let fly at the soaring block of clay. The fiery spear stabbed into the block and exploded like a pack of fire crackers, flaming bits of clay falling to the earth with trails of smoke behind them. Dilzix glanced over at the ogre and grinned even wider at the dumbfounded look on the monster's face.

"Next!"

This one was going to be tough. Every creature watching them now knew that if the goblin was going to miss one, this would be it. It was easily traveling three times the speed of the first, and most likely twice the speed of the second. Dilzix extended his right arm, palm up, towards the rapidly disappearing block. His tattoos flared brilliantly, lighting the area nearby as though it were daylight. They suddenly faded to a dim glow and Dilzix snapped his fingers.

An echoing boom blasted over the camp in the air, sending a shock wave through the sky and clearing the clouds in a small area. The whole camp was brightened, and when the creatures who had been watching the spectacle realized what happened, they began cheering. Dilzix set a wide swath of air on fire in the general vicinity of the skyward block, making sure to catch it in the blast. The resulting explosive release of his fires lit the camp up like it was morning. Little bits of the clay block could be seen falling to the ground all around the camp, causing surprised shouts whenever a piece happened to land on someone's head or shoulders.

Dilzix stepped up to stand beside the stunned ogre who had been throwing the blocks in the air. He tapped the ogre on the leg and held a hand out that still had wisps of smoke lifting up from the skin. He made the 'pay up' movement with his fingers and grinned up at the beast.

First block - Blazing Corona, using secondary attack to target the block: 1d20+6 = 6+6 = 12 - hit!

Second block - Erupting Flare to target the block: 1d20+5 = 16+5 = 21 - hit!

Third block - Scorching Burst to target the block: 1d20+5 = 15+5 = 20 - hit!

Steam: Slayer of Dreams / BladeCruiser / (EHJ)BooletProof
    R*SC: BladeCruiser
    Check out my GTAV-PC custom race tracks inspired by real life racing circuits!
  • Options
    PeffPeff Registered User regular
    Spotting the natural ramp ahead of him, Alkkret's eyes lit up. This would be perfect, Aiuriun would see how quickly he could master a new form!

As he began his approach, he glanced backward with a grin only a wolf could manage, Let's see you match this, old one!

As he leaped from the stone formation, Alkkret realized he didn't have enough speed. He tumbled as he landed, ending up on his side. Frustrated, he howled, but immediately cut himself short, now even more frustrated.

Dumb wolf! Can't even make a proper sound!

Getting back to his feet, he quickly searched side to side, trying to find his lost prey.
    Jumping the Ramp! (Acrobatics): 1d20+2 = 8+2 =10 Failed!

Trying to spot the Ram (Perception): 1d20+9 = 10+9 = 19

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
    Grinik stands, picks up his shield and sickle, hangs the skull back around his neck, and then calls to the hobgoblins coming up the hill, "What do we have here? Two more for Nerull's flock? Let me share his word with with you hobblings."

• Options
    LeperLeper Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Cull stares down the largest of the trio blocking his path, unmoved by the insult they've offered. He glances over the three, sizing them up out loud. "All of 'em young, usual lack o' discipline. Small--almost sad--but maybe hope fer the youngest of the lot. Older one is obviously in charge, but has no idea what he's gonna do about it--been coasting on his size and the fact that the others mistake his stupid risks for bravery. Prob'ly handy in a fight, but don't know shit 'bout followin'. Gonna have to crack his skull in two, which is only half a shame. Other two might be fit enough if they git a chance."

He snorts, and holds up his hands--clad in vicious-looking leather wraps, but empty. "Come on then. Draw yer steel and back up that mouth or git outta the way, kid."

Leper on
    If my role play is hindered by rolling to play, then I'd prefer the rolls play right, instead of steam-rolling play-night.
  • Options
    SnowdownSnowdown Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Naruz stands and quickly covers his head with his closed-face helmet before stuffing the shard of mirror into a pouch at his waist.
    It wouldn't do having his features plain for all to see. Not here, not yet.

Grabbing his Axe from its perch next to his seat he throws back the animal skin flaps of his yurt and casually strolls out from between them, alert eyes scanning for whom or whatever caused Skarr to be on its guard. Skarr moves to his side, facing whatever drew his attention.

Assuming a menacing tone, he calls a challenge. "Who dare interrupt Naruz while he in his hut?"
    Intimidate to sound menacing 1d20+10: 27

Snowdown on
  • Options
    CesareBCesareB Registered User regular
    Seemak awoke from his vision convulsing, his eyes lit with a sickly glow. He yipped and spat out dark curses in equal measure for several minutes, each outburst assiduously monitored by the matronly kobold standing above him. Eventually, his eyes dimmed and he gained control of his body and his tongue.

"It was beautiful, mistress, yip! And terrible."

"It always is, hatchling," replied the Star Seeker, with more than a hint of exasperation in her voice. She took his claw in hers, gripping with just slightly too much strength to be comforting. "But what did you see?

"I was up, beyond the clouds up, beyond even the skies, among the Seeing Stars. They were bright, mistress, bright, yip yip! Bright enough to blind, but I was not blinded, and I could see. Like a map they were, and I followed them into a red cloud, thick and warm and inviting. But then behind me I could sense a presence, yip!, cold and menacing."

"I turned to face it, and it was everywhere, a giant eye which stared unblinking, dark as coal. No! Dark as night. No! Darker! I should have been afraid, mistress, but I wasn't. All I felt was awe. And it reached out to me with a dark hand, and would have consumed me, if it weren't for your wisdom, yip! You saved me! I am confused, mistress. What does it all mean?"

• Options
    edited February 2013
    Alkkret:
    Perception Check (Success):
    You can spot the ram hopping its way to a nearby fissure in the cliff face. It’s small enough to allow the ram to pass through unharmed, but would force a creature like a wolf of your size to squeeze through, causing it to slow down and ultimately to lose its prey. You can estimate you only have one shot to tackle and take down your prey or lose it entirely!

(You can either roll for a Nature check to harness the beast spirit within for that extra ounce of power [DC 19 as it’s a form you’re not naturally familiar with, or DC 12 if you shift into boar form], or roll another Athletics check to charge towards the fleeing ram [DC 8])

Cull Ur'Chek:
    The remainder of the Bugbear group other than the large one all backed off quietly, terrified of Cull’s bold intimidating threat.

The large one merely looks back at the others and snorts disgustingly. “Gruumsh piss on yer graves, ya yellow bellied cowards!” He looks back at Cull.

“Ye got rotgrubs in yer skull? You heard them chiefs! So much as slip yer sword inta one of our guts, and yer a dead bugbear.” The large one was not going to back off.

“Ya wanna fight? We’ll settle this in da Pits! I gets ta cleave yer skull in two AND I’ll get ta bring honor ta Clan Bleakrock fer yer sorry carcass. Ya in or not? Or don’t ya have the guts fer it?”

Bolstered by the large one’s offer, the others soon join in with hoots and hollers, praising the large one over and over again.

(A Streetwise or History check [DC 8 both] will help you identify what the Pits actually are, or you could ask [read, Diplomacy] or threaten [read, Intimidate] any of them into telling you what it is [DC 12 for both, as they have been emboldened by the large one])

Dilzix:
    The ogre remained dumbstruck, as he kept looking up at the sky.

He then felt something poking his leg. When he looked down, he saw the goblin, smiling haughtily at his own impressive work. The ogre thought otherwise. Gritting his teeth, the ogre shouts out “Durk not know, but Durk theenk you cheeted, leettle gobbo!”

Dilzix was too caught up in his own triumph to realize what just happened. Before the goblin mage could retaliate, the ogre grabs him swiftly with one meaty hand, and grips him with with a ferocity even Dilzix was surprised ogres had. He brings Dilzix towards the ogre's face, and both could see eye to eye with one another.
    Insight Check vs Sense Motive [DC 16]
    1d20+7 = 11 vs 16 Failed!

Ogre: Grab Dilzix (Strength vs. Reflex)
    1d20+9 = 21 vs 15 Success!

“Yoo cheeted, leetle gobbo. Yoo admeet yoo cheeted, or I weell...”

“You will WHAT exactly, Durk?”
    A voice replies below the ogre. Both of you look down to spot a Hobgoblin, clad in charcoal-colored chain mail, eying you both with an eye covered in a large scar.

“Yoo saw heem, how hee cheeted back dere...” the ogre roars, as spittle lands in Dilzix's face.

“We ALL saw the display, Durk. We ALL saw how he hit them with perfect accuracy. So far he's the only one here that has kept his end of the bargain. Now let go of him... or should I be the one to explain to Pappy Gruul how you lost to a goblin in a bet?”

“Yoo... yoo won’t!” the ogre cries out.

“Your move, Durk.” The Hobgoblin threatened...

(The ogre is off guard, since he is busy arguing with the Hobgoblin. He is therefore granting Combat Advantage to you. You can Intimidate him [DC12, he is really too busy and stupid to focus] and/or use an attack on him [AC 17, Fortitude 19, Reflex 13, Will 13]. Since he is off-guard, he will not make an Opportunity attack against you in this case. If your attack connects, you gain a +2 bonus to your Intimidate Check. In addition, a History or Streetwise Check [DC 12] is in order if you want to know more on this ‘Pappy Gruul’ character. A success can aid you with another bonus to your Intimidate Check [An additional +2 bonus]).

Edit: Almost forgot: you can also escape from his grasp. You may make an Escape attempt, depending on which skill you use (Acrobatics vs Reflex, or Athletics vs Fortitude)

Grinik:
    The two Hobgoblins eye the goblin war priest, a hint of confusion forming on their faces. One had a few scars on his sharp, muzzled face, while the other had younger, more rounded features. Both wore charcoal-colored chain mail armor, and each brandished a halberd and spear respective of their rank.

“What a Nerull? Something tasty?” the younger of the two remark at Grinik’s words.

“No, stupid! Nerull once god of death! Then Raven Queen offed him. Now he is god...that is DEAD! HA!” the older of the two guffaws.

When he spots a disturbing scowl forming on Grinik, the older one coughs pitifully, only realizing what he blurted out loud.

“Umm... Chieftain Hargut Stonepoint, of your clan, has issued us orders to escort you to the Pits. Says it important. Won’t tell us why. Just ‘bring Shaman to Pits’. That all.”

The younger one eyed the cairn behind Grinik attentively. “So Nerull... god that is dead? Why you follow dead god? Doesn’t sound like worth spend time on. Why not Gruumsh, or mighty Bane? They listen to prayers...”

Passive Insight (Success): From the tone of the younger one, it sounds more like he is curious about your choice of deity than actually taunting you. If you’re persuasive enough, you might find a likely future follower for Nerull’s ranks [Religion or Diplomacy, DC 19, as he is skeptical of your religion].

Naruz:
    With none (dare) entering his hut, the iron clad half-orc warrior steps out, his weapon drawn and steeled himself.

Naruz spots two Hobgoblin soldiers standing at attention in front of his hut. Skarr still kept on snarling at the guards. Each one was adorned with impressive charcoal-colored chain mail armor, with one wielding a halberd and the other a spear. It was apparent that both were off put by Naruz’s threatening bellow.

“Umm.... beggin' yer pardon Lord...” the one with the halberd stuttered.

“Champion” the one with the spear corrects.

“Aye, Champ...Champion Naruz of the Blood Tusk Clan! Boss Wargrim and the other chieftains instructed us to escort you to the umm... the.... ummmm..”

“Da Pits!” the other one interrupts.

“Right, right! Da Pits! We would be hon...honored to escort you there.” The hobgoblin grunts, as bead of sweat trails off his face.

The Hobgoblin grunts stood at attention once more, saluting the blackguard, by means of thumping the center of their chests with a fist. Skarr's growling diminishes, though he still bared its fangs at the Hobgoblins, wanting nothing more than to tear their throats.

(A Streetwise or History check [DC 8 both] will help you identify what the Pits actually are, or you could ask [read, Diplomacy] or threaten [read, Intimidate] any of the two into telling you what it is [DC 12]. In addition, you could roll an Sense Motive check [Insight DC 12] to determine what the hobgoblins are concerned about.)

Seemak:
    Arcana Check (Failed)

A concerned look forms on Star Seeker Antak’s reptilian face. “A map, you say? And a large, shadowy eye as far as your own could see? Such strange portents you saw, hatchling. What truly could that mean, Yip yip? ” The old Kobold drops her staff, walks in circles, her thoughts deep and focusing, as she murmurs to herself questions. “Could it be, perhaps? But... but is he not chained? Or is there something else at work here? Yip” she speaks aloud, each time her brow growing worried by each question. When she notices you eying her, she looks puzzling at you, until she realizes why she earned such a perplexed look. “Fear not, Seemak. Remember your training. Just as the stars offer guidance, so too can they hide secrets no mortal, Kobold or not, should ever know. Yip” Antak offered a toothy grin of her own.

Two Kobold guards (both wearing simple leather armor and each brandishing a crude spear) stroll inside the tent. “Our Mistress Star Seeker Antak, and our respected Seer Seemak. It is time! Yip!” one of them addresses.

“What’s this? Is it time already? Well then, best not to keep the other elders waiting. Hatchling...” Antak answers before picking up her crude staff and looking at her pupil. “It is best we discuss these portents later. For now, it is time for us to make our way to the Pits, Yip yip. The elders are making their way as we speak. I’ll have need of you when we get there...”

(A Religion Check [DC 12] will allow you identify who this ‘Chained’ being Star Seeker Antak was murmuring about earlier.)

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Dilzix learned fast that when someone thought they were stronger than him, they tended to bully him unless he put them in their place immediately. This huge ogre was no exception, and he would be more than glad to give his flames a real test against the thick ogre hide. He did want to hold back, though, because he knew he might have need for the brute or the brute's tribe, later on. So he settled for just completely humiliating the ogre.

The goblin grabbed a tight hold around the ogre's wrist with both hands and his tattoos flared brightly as he brought his power forward to his palms. Flames erupted from his back and crawled up over his shoulders then down his arms, finally exploding in a burst of white hot fire around his hands, burning the ogre's skin up his entire arm black in an instant. He kept the fire burning until the ogre's grasp slackened enough for him to drop back to the ground, then pulled his flames in tight around his body, completely obscuring his lower body and giving the impression that he wasn't just a goblin, but a fire elemental of some kind in goblin form.

Dilzix lifted one hand and examined it as flames whipped around his fingers in a complicated zigzag, weaving infinity symbols between his now ash colored digits. His entire appearance had changed by the time he landed, his skin fading from the healthy green to the color of a charred piece of wood. His eyes were nothing but smoke pouring from the sockets and his hair was a huge mohawk of orange and red fire. After a moment of seeming to make sure he was well and truly revealed to be something the ogre definitely couldn't handle, he looked up at the ogre. Dilzix spoke slowly, infusing his voice with a bit of the magical power he was tapped in to so that it had a slight echo to it, making his visage even more menacing.

"All right, Dork, now that you know who you're trying to cheat, you might want to rethink that. In fact, you're going to hand over all the flats you have and it might convince me to spare your pathetic excuse of a life. I might even make sure that Pappy Gruul doesn't hear about how you not only lost a bet to a goblin, but managed to lose a fight to one as well. And we all know what Pappy Gruul does to those that lose fights and still live."
    History Check for info about Pappy Gruul
    1d20+4 = 16+4 = 20, success!

Burning Hands vs Ogre's Reflex
    1d20+5 = 9+5 = 14, hit for 16 fire damage!

Escape (Acrobatics vs Reflex)
    1d20+2 = 16+2 = 18, success!

Intimidate Check on Ogre, using Spook to use Arcana instead, +4 bonus from previous checks
    1d20+9+4 = 16+9+4 = 29, success!

Slayer of Dreams on
  • Options
    Finally Seemak arose, no longer burdened by his prophecy. "Yes, Star Seeker, what little aid I can offer, is yours. Let me just gather my things, yip yip!"

As Antak left, Seemak assembled his regalia. Scraps of dark fabric hastily stitched into a robe, a bag'o'bones, a cowl fitted with cheap stones and fool's gold, and, of course, the crowning glory: a rod of bone topped with a reflective crystal. Not much by the standards of the civilized world, but any kobold would have been jealous of such finery.

Putting on his ritual garb always calmed Seemak; reminded him that the Stars Who Spoke were always watching, that he was guided by immutable Fate. He reflected on his most recent visions, and the Star Seeker's response. "That eye, yes, that's the crux of the matter," he muttered to himself... "And what did Antak mean by 'chained?' I saw no chains. Unless... yip yip! No! It couldn't be...

Disturbed by his thoughts, Seemak rushed to the gathering. One did not keep elders waiting.

• Options
    Spotting the ram entering the cliff side, Alkkret growls.

A good sound is at last! The druid quickly debates a change in form but desides against it. No...he'd never let me hear the last of it, stubborn old bear.

Charging the fissure, Let's see what you can do!

Hitting the fissure at full speed, Alkkret was nearly at the ram's heels...only to have the wolf's broad shoulders slam into the sides of the opening. With a whimper, he snapped feebly at his escaping prey, struggling to free the wolf's bulk from the narrow passage. At last realizing his failure, the druid backs out of the opening and shifts back to his more humanoid form; a lithe, but powerfully built Bugbear, with shaggy brown-black fur dressed in leather adorned with many small bones, teeth, and claws. Sitting back against the cliff, grabbing his shoulder where it impacted the rock, Alkkret let's out a heavy sigh I'll never hear the end of this one.

Nature Check (to harness the wolf): 1d20+9 = 8+9 = 17 Fail!

Stupid wolf.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Grinik's scowl fades a little and he says, "To the Chieftain hobblings. Walk and I will tell you of Nerull and his fate and his future."

As the hobgoblins escort him down the path, Grinik begins to tell the story of Nerull, "True that Nerull was killed by the queen of crows. Death for gods is different. Sometimes a piece of power is left behind. Sometimes true followers can make that piece of power grow. With enough souls sent to Nerull, he could find a way to return to the godsea. Take back what is his. Throw down that cow of crows. While Bane and Gruumsh might listen to your prayers, they are unconcerned with the fates of a few goblinkind. Nerull is dead and can only gain power through new followers. More followers, more power. Who can outnumber the goblins other than the squeaky lizard-dogs?"

Though fervent in his descriptions and true in his belief, Grinik cannot sway the hobgoblins. Maybe it is some failure on his part, maybe he should commune with the vestige and find out why he was so unsuccessful at gaining new converts. Thoughts for another time.

The hobgoblins escort Grinik to the Chieftain, who bows with barely concealed loathing and says, "Shaman, it is good you have come so quickly."
    Religion Check to Persuade the Young Hobgoblin- Religion Check: 1d20+8 13- Failure.

Nealneal on
  • Options
    "I heard them better'n you did, kid," Cull replies to his challenger with an unsettling grin. "They said 'killed in cold blood,' and you've been gettin' mine boiling since you first opened your gob. With their blessings, I'd strangle you with your own guts here and now if it worked better for me."

His smirk widens as he steps up closer to the other bugbear, "But I think the Pit will do just fine. I'm eager to show a crowd what I can do with Bleakrock pups who won't follow... Unless you've suddenly lost your stones."
    History and Streetwise: 1d20 11 1d20 4

History worked, Streetwise didn't so I'd guess he knows more of it from his time in the Clan than his time as a bandit. ^_^ I'm guessing some sort of gladatorial goodness?

If my role play is hindered by rolling to play, then I'd prefer the rolls play right, instead of steam-rolling play-night.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Naruz nods his head as he grins beneath his helmet
    Not one to be led, he takes position ahead of his hobgoblin "escort" and leads the way slowly but deliberately.

Skarr silently falls in line beside him as he begins to prod regarding what's in store for him.

"The Pits.....Am I to be tested once again then? All will see the ferocity of Naruz and be humbled."

Streetwise check then History check
    Streetwise: 9 Knowledge History: 14

Snowdown on
  • Options
    Alkkret:
    From behind him, Alkkret could hear a bellow of laughter. Long since transformed back into his original Bugbear form, the wizened and old shaman Aiuriun made his way to the younger Bugbear. Though he towered over Alkkret, he was but frail and old, and even his shaggy fur was not spared from time’s grasp, as it plagued his fur with tufts of grey. He was adorned with hide armor made from a bear he told during the camp fires he wrestled with his own claws. He eyes the injured Bugbear in front of him, then bursts out guffawing.

“Hohoho! It seems to me that that it is the ram, and not the wolf, which should be predator... at the way he has outwitted you. To be made a fool by a ram! A mere ram! I see this pup still has MUCH to learn. How can you hope to succeed the mantle of clan shaman... if you cannot even understand the tenets of nature itself? We both know you have mastered the ferocity of the boar as though you worn it as a second skin. But remember that nature’s strength and power lies in more than blind rage...”

DM:
    You and Aiuriun can talk amongst one another for a bit, but then you'll have to make your way back to the Moot (and more specifically, the Pits). Otherwise, I’d think this is as good a place to get your !Ready on.

Cull Ur'Chek:
    History Check: Success
    The arenas, simply known as ‘The Pits’, are considered an honoured tradition that harkens back to the ancient Orc and Goblinoid clans of the past. Used primarily for gladiatorial battles and feeding slaves to wild animals, the Pits soon afforded new avenues of entertainment and battle. Rivals within a clan could settle their disputes with one another in a battle to the death. The victor would earn the chieftain’s respect, as well as the defeated’s possessions, be it wealth, slaves or even certain family members. The Pits were also used by other tribesmen to challenge their own chieftains for control of the tribe. Since then though, clever chieftains have since found ways to bend such a rule, either through superstition, or offering alternate methods of earning the warchief’s title (preferably by means of sending the challenger on impossible quests that could involve their own downfall).

The pup growls at Cull. ”I’ll cut out yer own entrails and feed em back inta yer skull, provided I not take yer skull fer my own personal jug to drink from.” The pup takes one last look at Cull, before he turns his back on the large Bugbear, and made his way to the Pits.

“Better not keep me and the Chief waitin!” he yells back to Cull, as the rest of his group trailed behind him, towards the arenas.

DM:
    You can still go elsewhere if you’d like in the camp. Otherwise, I’d think this is as good a place to get your !Ready on.

Dilzix:
    Pappy Gruul is one of the most infamous of Ogres to have ever lived in the Elsir Vale. An ogre amongst ogres, Gruul towers over even regular ogres, and he has a temper (and hunger) to match. There are many rumours as to how he became Pappy ( an ogre term for Cheiftain of a tribe) of the Spinebreaker tribe, but the most well known one was that after the defeated the old tribe’s Pappy, he methodologically broke the spine of every male ogre and young ogre of the tribe soon after (whether they were part of the former Pappy’s bloodline or not). He has since inbred within the tribe, and has kept the position of Pappy ever since. His tribe is considered the most fearsome tribe of Ogres to have existed in the Elsir Vale since the old human empire’s demise. Pappy Gruul is said to boast his tribe’s strength and power, and despises seeing ogres of his tribe be humiliated or humiliate the Spinebreaker name in the process. You can tell that, should word of Durk’s humiliation reach Gruul’s ears, that it won’t be a merciful demise for him.

Intimidate Check: Success
    The Ogre yelps in pain and falls onto the ground. Though the fire would never burn through the thick hide of the ogre, it left his arm dark, scarred and blistered. The pain was still there though, and the Ogre prevented himself from crying out. As the pain slowly dissipates, the ogre stands back up, and was now scared of the flaming demon goblin in front of him.

“Here! Yoo take eet! Yoo take all of eet! Just no tell Pappee! Hee gun wheep me good!” Durk cries out as he tosses a small bag of coins towards Dilzix. The bag lands right in front of the goblin fire mage.

Dilzix gained 20 gold pieces. With interest (10 gold pieces).

“Now you leeve Durk alone! Mad deemon gobbo theeng!” Durk cries out before trampling as fast as he could away from Dilzix. As the demonic form disappears, Dilzix realizes he and only one other was still present. The Hobgoblin stared nearly slack-jawed at awe at the goblin firemage in front of him. Realizing what he had done, he quickly lets out a bellowed, boisterous laugh, followed by a shrill whistle.

“Bane’s fist! What a sight! Rest of em turned tailed and run when you went like that!” He says as he points back to the now vacant lot where the group of monsters once stood. The Hobgoblin pulls out a small pouch from out of his armour. “Here, some 20 flats for your efforts! Normally I don’t give flats out to just about anyone, but it’s not every day you see a goblin make an ogre shit himself! Didn’t laugh this much since Captain Vaargrim mistook that chest mimic for a pisspot! Hahaha!”

He tosses the pouch towards Dilzix, before slowly making his way to the Pits. He turns around once more, looking at the goblin’s eyes. “You’ve got a good talent there, gobbo! You should go and try out the Pits! Good place to scorch something AND get more money out of it, I reckon! Now if you’ll excuse me, I got a meeting to attend to!” With his say said and done, the hobgoblin finally makes his way to the Pits, leaving Dilzix alone with the two pouches of coins.

Dilzix gained 50 gold pieces in total!

DM:
    You can still go elsewhere if you’d like in the camp. Otherwise, I’d think this is as good a place to get your !Ready on.

Grinik:
    Chieftain Hargut Stonepoint kept his head as low as he could when Shaman Grinik arrived. Thinking Grinik content with his pitiful bow, he straightens up and orders the Hobgoblins. “You are dismissed, hobblings! Tell Commander Thrakumm we be ready!”

The two hobgoblins stand at attention and salute, before dismissing themselves from the tent. Grinik could hear them chatting amongst themselves at what a loon that goblin was before they disappeared into the Moot.

Hargut eyes Grinik for a moment. A toothy grin forms on his lips. “You hear what Elders told me this morning, while you away? They say you to stand for Stonepoints in the Pits! They want to see you in battle! Them not talk to you cause they not find you, but I know! I know well!”

The goblin chieftain makes his way to a large makeshift chest (as large as the goblin chief himself), opens it, and starts shuffling around it. “All will be there! Chiefs from tribes! Them Elders! Them warriors! NOW is time to SHOW them tribe strength and cunning! Now is time to show might of NERULL! Yes? Yes?”

Hargut pulls out a small, Halfling sized helmet, small shield and short sword. As per the customs of the tribe (as chosen by Grinik) the helmet and shield were to be painted in black, with a dark grey rim. He places the helmet on his head, and wore the shield on his right arm. Fully equipped, he looked comical from Grinik’s point of view.

“We go now, yes Shaman?”
    Hargut ask.

DM:

Naruz:
    The arenas, simply known as ‘The Pits’, are considered an honoured tradition that harkens back to the ancient Orc and Goblinoid clans of the past. Used primarily for gladiatorial battles and feeding slaves to wild animals, the Pits soon afforded new avenues of entertainment and battle. Rivals within a clan could settle their disputes with one another in a battle to the death. The victor would earn the chieftain’s respect, as well as the defeated’s possessions, be it wealth, slaves or even certain family members. The Pits were also used by other tribesmen to challenge their own chieftains for control of the tribe. Since then though, clever chieftains have since found ways to bend such a rule, either through superstition, or offering alternate methods of earning the warchief’s title (preferably by means of sending the challenger on impossible quests that could involve their own downfall).

Streetwise Check: Success
    With tensions between and within the clans, many of the elders and gathered chieftains have all come to an agreement with the formation of the Pits here in the Moot. Since then, it has (ironically) been the most popular even of all the clans and tribes that have gathered at the Moot, as monsters from all walks of life rub shoulders together, as they watch the heated battles that have unfolded. Some have even taken up gambling in the process, as many a flat (or other possession an individual was allowed to offer) changes hand. The only downside you HAVE heard from the Moot was that many of the battles there were to be non-lethal, but that has not stopped many a cunning warrior to find ways to bend that to their advantage...

The duo of Hobgoblins trail behind Naruz and Skarr, keeping an eye on the large, feral hellcat in front of them. They do not know what to make of it, but cower every time Skarr does turn its head back to growl at them.

The small entourage makes their way to the Pits, with no resistance given...

DM:

Seemak:
    Religion Check: Success
    Imprisoned by the other gods when he created the Abyss from a shard of pure evil, the god (whose name has long passed into obscurity) is simply now named the ‘Chained One’ by mortals. Who worships him and what his portfolio details now is a much heated and discussed topic by theologists from all walks of life to this day. Some speculate he is the patron of male Drow, while more maniacal cults and elementals refer to him as the Elemental Eye, some form of All-Primordial (or father of all Primordials). Others hint that he may be the god to the sinister and rarely spoken Far Realm, home of all aberrations. Whatever (and whoever) serve him know only one thing: that he is an unknown and enigmatic god, and that the workings of his plans transcend most mortals and even gods.

DM:

• Options
    Trying to maintain some pride, "Next time I will be the ram instead! If this game of yours has shown me anything its that I was outmatched from the beginning. In a real fight, anyone would use all of their strength and guard weakness."

Coming back to his feet, and ignoring the Shaman's frailties, as he often did, "And let this 'succession' sermon of yours go, old one. We all know you're too stubborn to die for many years yet. Let's make our way back to the Moot, perhaps we'll find another one of your tests along the way."

!Ready

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Disturbed by the dark portents of his mistress' offhand remarks, Seemak arrives at the gathering of elders, READY to support his tribe and the Star Seeker in whatever way Fate might dictate.

• Options
    Lead the way Chieftain. I will show the Elders why our tribe has grown powerful. Nerull guides us and we shall bring him souls, Grinik says as he follows Hargut.

Why he allowed this fool to remain in power for so long escaped him. Nerull knew Hargut was no true believer. He was smart enough though, to know that Grinik bore the blessings of something and wasn't about to let the chance to gain from it slip by.

!Ready

• Options
    edited March 2013
    The goblin snatched the gold pouch from the hobgoblin as it sailed to him and thought about the Pits and what it would mean for him to prove his strength against the strongest the whole Moot had to offer. This would be the push that he needed to continue the destructive path laid before him. He gathered up his winnings from the ground and tucked them into the pouch, then tied it on his belt and followed after the hobgoblin, !Ready to show every other creature here that he was the strongest of the bunch.

Slayer of Dreams on
  • Options
    "If your walk is as slow as your wit, I'm gonna be the one waiting, pup," Cull grumbles after him, before eagerly heading for the Pit.

!Ready

• Options
    edited March 2013
    Naruz continues to lead the way to the pits, letting the silence of the trip increase the tension in the air. These weak and timid hobgoblins would spread more word of his menace through the Moot this day.

Gonna !Ready Up cause I'm eager to get things bumpin!

Snowdown on