As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Shield: 43 seconds of Emmy worthy silence.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    This season is moving too fast for me. Too many major things "resolved" or at least partially tied up within three episodes...

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    ClevingerClevinger Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    DesertBox wrote: »
    I think it'll be near impossible root for anyone against the Strike Team, at this point. Like someone said before, it's a tragedy and our guy is gonna die.

The one that comes closest to being rootable against the Strike Team would be Claudette, but I can tell you that Vic is bad dude but he's likable because of his devotion to his team and his family. No other characters have that.

I'm hoping Vic either slowly dies at the end, or goes to jail for life. Shane deserves the same, if not more. Ronnie should prolly go to prison, but he doesn't deserve nearly as much as those two.

Vic also uses the team and his family as false justification for his shitty actions. Not many characters have the balls to do that.

Clevinger on
  • Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Holy fuck, is Shane ever a loser.
    I was really hoping he might finally kill himself, though I new it wasn't gonna happen.

Also it looks like we can rest easy that a certain plotline wasn't dropped, and isn't going to be.

mcdermott on
  • Options
    NarianNarian Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    So I guess French TV gets The Shield before us and I've seen up to ep. 9.

All I can say for the end of ep. 9 is: Holy Shit.

Narian on
    Narian.gif
  • Options
    deowolfdeowolf is allowed to do that. Traffic.Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Well, that certainly - happened.
    Oh yeah, I'm pissed Vic didn't kill Shane. Not yet, anyway. That's really how I saw that confrontation going down, with the reasoning that Shane was a traitor. But now? I think it's anyone's game. I cant wait to see how they make each other squirm.

deowolf on
    [SIGPIC]acocoSig.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Well damn. That was amazing.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    So yea, French Channel 12 has actually finished showing the Shield. Only just watched one of them and uh....season 6 is apparently Ronnie is Fucking Awesome Season.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    Dublo7Dublo7 Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Man... talk about a buzz kill.

Not really impressed with that season finale.

I mean, it wasn't anything bad. It just wasn't anything batshit insane like last season's.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    wait was that the season finale? seriously? it felt like this season just started!!

edit: Ok, its NOT the season finale...*phew*

Things were just getting AWESOME!

Disrupter on
    616610-1.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Disrupter wrote: »
    wait was that the season finale? seriously? it felt like this season just started!!

edit: Ok, its NOT the season finale...*phew*

Things were just getting AWESOME!

wait, what?
    Are you serious?

I thought that was it? (I'm talking about episode 10)

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    oh no, it probably was for you. I didnt realize it was a few weeks ahead some places.

I thought the episode tuesday in on FX was the season finale according to you and I was like "no way!"

But still 10 episodes is so low, didnt they used to do like 13 at least?

Disrupter on
    616610-1.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    That's what I was wondering. 10 episodes does seem a little on the low side.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Yea, Wiki says it was the finale as well. Don't know, haven't watched it yet.

Just finished episode 9.
    Well damn, Mr Ryan doesn't let anything drop, does he?

Also, the time until Dutch snaps and snaps hard is rapidly diminishing.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    So yea, French Channel 12 has actually finished showing the Shield. Only just watched one of them and uh....season 6 is apparently Ronnie is Fucking Awesome Season.

Ronnie has been awesome since the first episode. He never gets enough credit.

Narian on
    Narian.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Narian wrote: »

Well yea, but they've really shown it off lately.
    I just wish... that you'd have told me sooner so I could do a better job of protecting you.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Narian wrote: »

Well yea, but they've really shown it off lately.
    I just wish... that you'd have told me sooner so I could do a better job of protecting you.

Yeah as soon as he said that, I said to myself "Fuck yeah Ronnie you rule."

Narian on
    Narian.gif
  • Options
    ClevingerClevinger Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    What? To me, it makes Ronnie look like Vic's little bitch.

Clevinger on
  • Options
    GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Holy shit, with finals over I finally caught up with The Shield last night
    Went from Kavanaugh going to jail to Shane and Vic's confrontation

Holy *SHIT* this show is amazing.
    I guess I always saw this coming (Shane on the run)... as I saw Lem getting killed coming.... as I saw Dani's kid being Vic's... but still when revealed everything is just so surprising.

How can the season almost be over? What the hell!

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    why oh god why does that have to be the season finale. I need more!

Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    How are all of you guys getting to the season finale already? I've only seen like 6 or 7 episodes, and I'm supposedly caught up.

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    frandelgearslipfrandelgearslip 457670Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    How are all of you guys getting to the season finale already? I've only seen like 6 or 7 episodes, and I'm supposedly caught up.

I think France or something has already finished the season.

frandelgearslip on
  • Options
    DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2007
    I'm halfway through the third season on DVD. This show is great, but I kind of miss how the Strike Team was in the first few episodes. At first, they were all about being hardass cops, but now they hardly ever bust heads; it's all about trying to get out of trouble.

Doc on
  • Options
    edited May 2007

I think France or something has already finished the season.

What the hell, France?! Why does France get The Shield before the U.S.? It's not fair >_<

How many episodes are there?
    Doc wrote: »
    I'm halfway through the third season on DVD. This show is great, but I kind of miss how the Strike Team was in the first few episodes. At first, they were all about being hardass cops, but now they hardly ever bust heads; it's all about trying to get out of trouble.

They go through phases where they become badass head busting cops... but as the series goes on it gets more and more deep and the violence is more spread out but much more shocking. Trust me, it's really worth it (the fifth season was the best imo).

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Doc wrote: »

Yeah, it comes and goes. They're still hardass cops, but a lot of the head-busting seems to fade into the background in later seasons with more emphasis on story arcs and them trying to escape their own corruption. It's still good, obviously, but yeah it's just not the same.
    Clevinger wrote: »
    What? To me, it makes Ronnie look like Vic's little bitch.

Oh, I disagree. To me it just shows that Ronnie still thinks of them as a team, is loyal to Vic, and had no problem with what Vic did. Lem was the one who wouldn't have been okay with what happened to Terry, and who probably actually fooled himself into thinking it didn't go down like that. Ronnie has always been a cold-hearted son of a bitch...it's not surprising to me that he pretty much knew what happened there and accepted it as necessary long ago.

So yeah, apparently Ronnie's just as much of an evil fuck as Vic...he's just more cold, calculating, and smarter about it.

mcdermott on
  • Options
    NaloutoNalouto Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    so, am I the only one who didn't realise/was shocked that the 10th was the final episode of the season?

I read it online and went back to think about how it ended, there was some stuff left in the air, but not nearly as intense of a finale as I had hoped. hardly felt like a finale to me.

oh well. Shield withdrawl begins.

Nalouto on
    :winky:
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Man last night's episode was good.
    Shane fucked up royally by letting info on the Money Train highjacking slip. I can't wait to see how this pays out next Tuesday.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Poor Dutch.

deowolf on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    Shane fucked up royally by letting info on the Money Train highjacking slip. I can't wait to see how this pays out next Tuesday.

You've not...already watched the rest of the season?

You must be the last one left.

And yeah, I wanted to cock-punch Shane for that one. Then again, I've wanted to cock-punch Shane all season.

mcdermott on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    mcdermott wrote: »

And yeah, I wanted to cock-punch Shane for that one. Then again, I've wanted to cock-punch Shane all season.

They continually make me want horrible things to happen to Shane only to make me kinda forgive him before he goes off and does even more stupid shit.

Still not certain it's going to end all in flames which I think is some amazing writing given all the horrible shit hanging over peoples heads.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007

I am apparently the only person who hasn't downloaded the season finale.

I am torn as to whether or not I should remedy this.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    john fechonjohn fechon Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    What the hell, France?! Why does France get The Shield before the U.S.? It's not fair >_<

I 've heard the reasons for this were based on Dirt. Dirt pushed the start of the shield back a few months. France didn't have the same contracts as the US did, and aired the shield when it felt like it.

Also, was this the season finale, or series finale?

john fechon on
  • Options
    CreepyCreepy Tucson, AzRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    At least one more season last time I read anything about it. There was some talk about Dutch getting a spinoff series as well but I don't know if that's still valid info.

Creepy on
    Live: Broichan

PSN: Broichan
  • Options
    siliconenhancedsiliconenhanced __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2007
    Creepy wrote: »
    At least one more season last time I read anything about it. There was some talk about Dutch getting a spinoff series as well but I don't know if that's still valid info.

I'd watch it.

If Dutch was a real person, I believe he'd be right at home here in D&D. He'd be talking to Claudette about how he totally told off one guy online, and she'd look at him all "wtf are you talking about casper", and then he'd walk off screen describing the argument in blow by blow detail.

siliconenhanced on
  • Options
    edited May 2007

I am apparently the only person who hasn't downloaded the season finale.

I am torn as to whether or not I should remedy this.

No, I'm waiting like a good little consumer for it. Wait with me. I'll make cornbread.

deowolf on
  • Options
    DesertBoxDesertBox Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Man, I just got around to watching the finale on my DVR. Not as dramatic and pulse pounding as last season's (but its hard to imagine how it could be)

unless...
    I kinda expected Shane to die

but that didn't happen.

It did feel like some storylines got started out of midair
    Dutch getting a girl? Massive mexican conspiracy to take over LA? (Convenient that Suarez had everything in his trunk all at once)

However, I can look past that because they somehow managed to surprise me. I thought next season would be the Strike Team's reckoning, but it looks like some might make it after all.
    But Shane is gonna fuck it up. He just needs to be the Armenian's bitch for the rest of his life. Why can't he just accept that?

DesertBox on
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Man, I just got around to watching the finale on my DVR. Not as dramatic and pulse pounding as last season's (but its hard to imagine how it could be)

unless...

but that didn't happen.

Dutch getting a girl? Massive mexican conspiracy to take over LA? (Convenient that Suarez had everything in his trunk all at once)

However, I can look past that because they somehow managed to surprise me. I thought next season would be the Strike Team's reckoning, but it looks like some might make it after all.
    But Shane is gonna fuck it up. He just needs to be the Armenian's bitch for the rest of his life. Why can't he just accept that?

as to your second point
    They've been setting that up all this season, and is actually why this is my favorite finale yet. The next season is going to be shit hot

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    DesertBoxDesertBox Registered User regular
    edited June 2007

unless...

but that didn't happen.

as to your second point
    They've been setting that up all this season, and is actually why this is my favorite finale yet. The next season is going to be shit hot

I guess what I meant to say is
    that they've been hinting at something with that Cruz guy, but never intimated that he was part of a huge plot to take over LA. I expected it to be some run-of-the-mill drug running or money laundering type thing. It seems odd that there would have been no one would have noticed that the mexican mob was trying to practically buy LA and its govt.

As for Dutch, I sort of expected him to get a girl. Most likely Tina. However, the thing w/ Dani was over and he was shot down, iirc. Then in the matter of hours she's totally fallen for him?

I just felt the show usually has great pacing and those two revelations seemed a bit rushed

However, don't get me wrong, it was great. I love how they totally threw me something out of left field, but it still seems totally believable. Its great that I have no idea whats going to happen next even though next season is the last.

DesertBox on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    There is some promo-web stuff up here.

In reference to the new title a round table discussion about who thought they were going to be capped in the series.

I placed those links in the OP as well for ease of use.

I'm really torn on if I should watch more of them. I'm very leery of spoilers for this season and they try and avoid them but it still worries me.....

So I wanted a thread on this but didn't really have much more to update from the one I already started. Mainly I didn't want anybody who was interested in this to miss this Tuesday.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Yah I cannot wait.

It's going to be awesome.

This is an awesome show.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    THIS is my TV show for the fall. Everything else is filler.

Sons of Anarchy looks promising too, but The Shield is my bread and butter.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky