As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Antilago[chat]ic

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
  • Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 So Raven Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    Wow, ok. Warning: graphic.

I wake up and can't open my left eye because it's crusted shut. I blindly reach for my box of tissues to blow my nose (I am officially sick now, can't even speak my voice is gone), and then BLOOD EVERYWHERE. Bloody nose, still going strong. So now I have a tissue shoved up my nose and clearly a conjuncitivtis-infected left eye which is seriously freaking me out. I guess I should go to the health center and find out if it's bacterial or viral, so I can hopefully get some drops or meds or something...

i converted you! when did it happen? tell me the details.

I have not eaten a single butt if that is what you are implying. >:l

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular

mother of fuck

• ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    I dare say the Rooskies may want to poke our bear a bit more than yours, Abdy.

This phrase, it is great.
    Bear adultery

Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
    Raven did you go to the damn doctor or are we gonna write you off as KIA.

• CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    I think the russians have more Tu-22s, just like the US have way more Lancers now.

i don't think that may of them were made

certainly far less than the TU-95

• ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Casual wrote: »
    Leitner wrote: »
    Casual don't we still have like the third or forth best funded military in the world.

Shambles seems a tremendously comparative term here.

well that's kind of my point

for the amount of money we spend, other nations are stronger than us

it turns out it's not how much you spend it's what you spend it on, and spending half your military budget on contractors management bonuses does not give you a strong military

the Americans may have enough money to play that game and still have money left to actually make a military out of but we don't

We don't have enough to do that and also not have people starving or fund basic science well apparently.

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular

not shown

the parachute of skin he's hiding under a compression shirt

Look I am just taking you to real talk station

• SparvySparvy Registered User regular
    Why is youtube so terrible lately? I can't watch anything without it stopping loading 15 times.

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular

fuckin' woah

• ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    playing some XCOM.

Had to start again because the game crashed on me yesterday and the bloody thing doesn't autosave.

You can turn autosave on.

Also apparently if you name an assault "Shivahn" she'll kick everything's ass.

• matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »

not shown

No no, he had that removed. Where do you think the baby came from.

nibXTE7.png

Still got enough sex in his chubby phase to have a kid!

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)

Whenever I'm linked to something like this, I'm always surprised when it doesn't end with a hot lady.

• Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    God, the opening to ME2 is so awful.

are you huffing the drugs?

it's badical. the moment where you step out into the silence of the vacuum is so good.

It's terrible what do you mean. Who cares about how silent the vacuum is? They kill Shepard right after the opening credits!

The only "beginning" to anything I can think of off hand that is wrenchingly awful like that is the beginning of the Punisher film (the Tom Jane one).

I think the bad writer who did the ME3 beginning/ending wanted a similar level of shock and horror with his invasion of Earth thing, but unfortunately he is terrible so it's just a numbing despair event horizon.

I am still shit at planks

they just make me wanna die and suck all of the happiness from my life, so I stop doing them before failure

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular

not shown

No no, he had that removed. Where do you think the baby came from.

he probably fell out of a fold

Sarksus wrote: »

No, I asked DRX about it (a medical professional) and he said nah it goes away on its own.

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)

No, I asked DRX about it (a medical professional) and he said nah it goes away on its own.

MMMMMMM :iiiiiiiiiii

Shivahn wrote: »
    Casual don't we still have like the third or forth best funded military in the world.

it turns out it's not how much you spend it's what you spend it on, and spending half your military budget on contractors management bonuses does not give you a strong military

the Americans may have enough money to play that game and still have money left to actually make a military out of but we don't

We don't have enough to do that and also not have people starving or fund basic science well apparently.

nope certainly not

keeping executives in the manner to which they've become accustomed is an expensive business

nope certainly not

keeping executives in the manner to which they've become accustomed is an expensive business

Just saw this on reddit...

Tt6KySL.jpg

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
    I bet you guys saw the opening of Robocop 1 and were all like cheering and shit when Murphy is being torture-shot to death.

"Yeah! There goes his hand! Woo hoo!"

Bad people.

in a moment of obese weakness, i bought a box of ice cream sandwiches at the grocery store. oh no. what have i done.

• AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular

not shown

Are there no garden shears? No flat irons?

Lh96QHG.png

nope certainly not

Yep.

I feel like early twenties should be early enough that one doesn't consider things to be dystopic, but I guess I am wrong.

• AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular

nope certainly not

Tt6KySL.jpg

If God wanted us to go to Mars, he'd have given us rocket dicks.

Lh96QHG.png
    The problem with this country being awful, is that half the country still thinks everything is wonderful.

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

nope certainly not

Tt6KySL.jpg

I keep seeing this "$1 Billion would feed, clothe, and house all the homeless" number and it's just nonsense.

There are about 650,000 homeless people in the US. $1500/yr/person will not accomplish this.

Not that I don't absolutely think churches should pay taxes and that we could do a lot of good with that money.

Just. Stop making up numbers, liberals. You're making it worse.

Allegedly a voice of reason.
    in a moment of obese weakness, i bought a box of ice cream sandwiches at the grocery store. oh no. what have i done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPcod8IS214

Bad Chu. Feel bad about that.

A thing about me is that I never buy sweets or bad things for me. Never ever. Worst thing I eat is soup, my fridge consists of greek yogurt and apples, and I make protein shakes for one meal everyday. What kills me is a) my f****** roommate who makes cookies/baked goods everyday, and no matter how many times I ask her to put them away, she doesn't, and b) meetings/tapings for my show where unhealthy food like pizza and donuts are always provided.

So, I don't seek out the food myself because I have so little restraint when it's actually in front of me. If I were a hermit I would be thin and gorgeous.

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)

You just said what you've done

you bought ice cream sandwiches

nope certainly not

Tt6KySL.jpg

i'm guessing that's an /r/atheism thing so i wouldn't 100% trust the figures but i'd love to see what we could do if we eliminated tax evasion and the worst excesses of corrupt back scratching culture among business leaders and government

the military is bad for it but it's everywhere

The problem with this country being awful, is that half the country still thinks everything is wonderful.

Not just that, but actively wants to keep it from being better. "America is the best country on Earth" is often coupled with "America can not be improved in any way." It's a great irony that crazed nationalism keeps nations from perfection.

Also we have a large contingent of people who actively give into the urge to fuck over other people even at no benefit to themselves, and don't care.

on a more abstract level, though

have i doomed mankind

have i unknowingly committed sexual assault

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    I dare say the Rooskies may want to poke our bear a bit more than yours, Abdy.

well they have to go by us in order to poke the UK. And they don't enter their air space either.

but I googled and it's only the zone the US considers their airspace and no-one else does

ftOqU21.png
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    God, the opening to ME2 is so awful.

are you huffing the drugs?

it's badical. the moment where you step out into the silence of the vacuum is so good.

It's terrible what do you mean. Who cares about how silent the vacuum is? They kill Shepard right after the opening credits!

The only "beginning" to anything I can think of off hand that is wrenchingly awful like that is the beginning of the Punisher film (the Tom Jane one).

I think the bad writer who did the ME3 beginning/ending wanted a similar level of shock and horror with his invasion of Earth thing, but unfortunately he is terrible so it's just a numbing despair event horizon.

yeah but shepard doesn't die, s/he just gets cybered up by a questionable company and off you go.

this is the first time I've ever heard someone complain about the beginning of me2. It opens with a bang and an event that explains why you're with new characters and not just your old bros for the span of the game. It seems almost necessary to build up the Shepard legend to have this death-rebirth thing, then you have your doubting thomases and strayed crewmembers and the whole nines.

u r weird jeep

on a more abstract level, though

have i doomed mankind

have i unknowingly committed sexual assault

yes

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    playing some XCOM.

Had to start again because the game crashed on me yesterday and the bloody thing doesn't autosave.

You can turn autosave on.

Also apparently if you name an assault "Shivahn" she'll kick everything's ass.

yeah but what game doesn't have autosave on by default

ftOqU21.png
    The eastern seaboard will sink into the ocean, and the eastern seaboard is the most important part of the world anyway, and those ice cream sandwiches can't give consent

because they are ice cream sandwiches

also they had 8 inch long frozen 'red hot spicy beaf and bean' chimichanga for only a dollar : (

curse you wal-mart

This discussion has been closed.