As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Antilago[chat]ic

• ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Casual wrote: »
    i'm guessing that's an /r/atheism thing so i wouldn't 100% trust the figures but i'd love to see what we could do if we eliminated tax evasion and the worst excesses of corrupt back scratching culture among business leaders and government

the military is bad for it but it's everywhere

Not that you should trust random numbers, but if you remember that America is huge and has megachurches and like the entirety of the Mormon church is here and religion is so big we can't consistently teach science in schools and that number gets less unbelievable.

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    I can do so if I get an assault I like.

ftOqU21.png
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    also they had 8 inch long frozen 'red hot spicy beaf and bean' chimichanga for only a dollar : (

curse you wal-mart

that is not even food Organichu

• matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Leitner wrote: »
    Casual don't we still have like the third or forth best funded military in the world.

Shambles seems a tremendously comparative term here.

well that's kind of my point

for the amount of money we spend, other nations are stronger than us

it turns out it's not how much you spend it's what you spend it on, and spending half your military budget on contractors management bonuses does not give you a strong military

the Americans may have enough money to play that game and still have money left to actually make a military out of but we don't

We don't have enough to do that and also not have people starving or fund basic science well apparently.

nope certainly not

keeping executives in the manner to which they've become accustomed is an expensive business

Just saw this on reddit...

Tt6KySL.jpg

i'm guessing that's an /r/atheism thing so i wouldn't 100% trust the figures but i'd love to see what we could do if we eliminated tax evasion and the worst excesses of corrupt back scratching culture among business leaders and government

Yeah, what was the figure for money that US businesses keep in offshore accounts to avoid taxes? $21 trillion or something?

nibXTE7.png
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod

I'm glad he shaved.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    also they had 8 inch long frozen 'red hot spicy beaf and bean' chimichanga for only a dollar : (

curse you wal-mart

That is the most information dense penis euphemism I've ever seen.

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Picking a TV to buy is hard work. I hate being someone who knows about Audio/Video shit.

• CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    Casual don't we still have like the third or forth best funded military in the world.

it turns out it's not how much you spend it's what you spend it on, and spending half your military budget on contractors management bonuses does not give you a strong military

the Americans may have enough money to play that game and still have money left to actually make a military out of but we don't

We don't have enough to do that and also not have people starving or fund basic science well apparently.

nope certainly not

keeping executives in the manner to which they've become accustomed is an expensive business

Tt6KySL.jpg

I keep seeing this "$1 Billion would feed, clothe, and house all the homeless" number and it's just nonsense.

There are about 650,000 homeless people in the US. $1500/yr/person will not accomplish this.

Not that I don't absolutely think churches should pay taxes and that we could do a lot of good with that money.

Just. Stop making up numbers, liberals. You're making it worse.

yeah...

i 100% agree with the sentiment but the numbers posted there seem like nonsense

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    I'm trying to watch this week's Community but I have to pause it every 20 seconds to feel sad.

I thought it was pretty good.

the second half of the episode was a lot funnier than the first half

I loved Pierce bowing

Abdhyius wrote: »

Nah do what you want. I'm just amused that desc did that and ended up with what sounds like an unstoppeable terror machine.

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I just got my tax refund in and I am having to figure out what dishwasher I want to get. Being a savvy consumer IS time consuming.

I've settled on a mid-tier maytag though. It probably can't run Skyrim on Ultra but it will get the job done

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Hey, Gary Oak has more than 8 gym badges while in Kanto

Wassup with that?

Oh brilliant
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Picking a TV to buy is hard work. I hate being someone who knows about Audio/Video shit.

It's so awful. Playing "wait, why are these two the same size but that one is $800 cheaper" is the worst game.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
    Ludious wrote: »
    I just got my tax refund in and I am having to figure out what dishwasher I want to get. Being a savvy consumer IS time consuming.

I've settled on a mid-tier maytag though. It probably can't run Skyrim on Ultra but it will get the job done

Dishwashers are fucking amazing

I just filled mine in less than five minutes and now it's doing everything for me!

Wassup with that?

HE'S GARY FUCKING OAK

nope certainly not

Tt6KySL.jpg

Yeah, what was the figure for money that US businesses keep in offshore accounts to avoid taxes? $21 trillion or something?

about that iirc

Not that you should trust random numbers, but if you remember that America is huge and has megachurches and like the entirety of the Mormon church is here and religion is so big we can't consistently teach science in schools and that number gets less unbelievable.

i believe the 71 billion

i don't believe that would end poverty and provide universal healthcare

it would put a huge dent in it though!

Wassup with that?

He's Gary FUCKING Oak that's what's up.

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    I'm tinkering with Gestalt Characters again!

Coming up with ideas that sound cool but don't require dipping into half a dozen classes is tricky.

i believe the 71 billion

i don't believe that would end poverty and provide universal healthcare

it would put a huge dent in it though!

Oh I see. Yeah, that seems about right to me. Your intuition, that is.

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular

Nah do what you want. I'm just amused that desc did that and ended up with what sounds like an unstoppeable terror machine.

I'll name Queen Badass of Awesometonia, sniping sergeant extraordinaire after you. If you're comfortable with dark hair, buzzcut sides long on top.

ftOqU21.png
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    The $71 Billion/yr in lost tax revenue has been cited by reputable sources.

The $1 Billion to feed, clothe, and house people comes from a report saying $3 Billion would pull the entire world out of abject squalor and poverty, but it wouldn't provide living conditions considered anywhere near acceptable in the US.

Considering it would result in an investment that is 1/10th the poverty line.

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Also apparently if you name an assault "Shivahn" she'll kick everything's ass.

verified on snopes, etc

• Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 So Raven Registered User regular
    What is Gary Oak.

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Sarksus wrote: »

I just filled mine in less than five minutes and now it's doing everything for me!

when people complain about 'doing a dishwasher cycle' i want to tear out their throat with my teeth

It's so awful. Playing "wait, why are these two the same size but that one is $800 cheaper" is the worst game.

I was just in the FutureShop across the street from where I work lookingat them I was infront of 2 Samsung Series 5 LED TV's one was 39' and the other 40' $150 difference the clerk couldn't tell me why 1 inch was worth that much.

Chanus wrote: »
    The $71 Billion/yr in lost tax revenue has been cited by reputable sources.

The $1 Billion to feed, clothe, and house people comes from a report saying $3 Billion would pull the entire world out of abject squalor and poverty, but it wouldn't provide living conditions considered anywhere near acceptable in the US.

Considering it would result in an investment that is 1/10th the poverty line.

yeah, for 3 billion you could easily get a bag of rice to all the starving people in the third world

that's what it's getting at i think

What is Gary Oak.

gary-oak-632x483.jpg

but really he's Professors Oak's nephew and Ash's Rival

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

when people complain about 'doing a dishwasher cycle' i want to tear out their throat with my teeth

I didn't even think to look for a dishwasher when we moved into our current place.

So, of course, I didn't notice we don't have one.

All I'm saying is, I know what people in Africa live like now.

Allegedly a voice of reason.
    What is Gary Oak.

GARY OAK

He is the secret main character of the show Pokemon, as seen from afar by the weak and useless 'main character' Ash Ketchum. He is Professor Oak's grandson.

I'll name Queen Badass of Awesometonia, sniping sergeant extraordinaire after you. If you're comfortable with dark hair, buzzcut sides long on top.

Haha, sure. That role probably approximates my skills best.

Well actually medic would but not combat medic.

• VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular

most amazing one I've seen yet, wow

awesome that it looks like he did it to be able to be a better dad. fucking beautiful.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch

Sometimes I make myself think loading the dishwasher will be more work than it turns out to be, so I put it off, but srsly, it's always easy as fuck.

• Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    Ugh.

The starving people will just want another bag of rice tomorrow.

Shoo, shoo! Into the recycling tanks you poors.

i wore my suede oxfords for the first itme today and i mean, i like them- aggressive toe, rad, deep gray color... i like the shoes a lot

but for some reason the laces are like, this weird gummy sort of waxed texture

they come untied in like 8 seconds

• Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    Chu you need to become a writer or artist so you can pull off these eccentric footwear choices.

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    I really wish Schrodinger would stop posting in the Community thread.

my spanx-esque compression tshirt to squash down my moobs arrived in the mail today

i'm not proud

i'm not ashamed, but

i'm not proud, either

Chu you need to become a writer or artist so you can pull off these eccentric footwear choices.

these aren't all that eccentric!

large_b30dfb0f-65af-43b2-9224-79c865c9d2bb.jpeg

not too out there

• Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    chu

poo
This discussion has been closed.