As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Galaga [chat]

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    @Sarksus hummus is chickpeas (aka garbanzo beans) and tahini (sesame paste). It's cheap and easy to make if you have a food processor, and pretty ubiquitous at grocery stores regardless. It's one of those grain/bean combos that is a 'complete protein', meaning that it contains all the amino acids your body can't produce by itself.

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Whole wheat pasta has never tasted that great, no matter how you cook it. Bran doesn't like to be boiled.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    I am weak. I still don't know what to replace pasta with, so I bought two more boxes of pasta for this week.

And then when I looked at the turkey patties they looked like pink hockey pucks and I got regular hamburger patties instead.

I'M A FAILURE

Spaghetti squash.

I have read about that, but the idea of a vegetable that has strands inside of it, and then eating the strands, sounds gross!

It's p good.

It's not exactly like pasta, but it's similar. It's a little sweet and a little crunchy... but it works.

Couldn't be worse than whole wheat pasta...

You're a weirdo.

Whole wheat pasta is good.

It was disgusting

you prolly didn't cook it enough

It was as soft as I prefer regular pasta!

did you follow the instructions on the box?

Instructions?

I boil water and cook the pasta until it's soft!

I looked at the instructions and they are identical to regular pasta instructions. Is whole wheat pasta too good for regular instructions?

cooking times will be different

There wasn't a huge difference. Maybe 2-3 minutes, from the instructions? In any case I never follow them. I just cook the pasta until it's the right softness!

2-3 minutes is a pretty big difference when we're dealing with like 10 minutes as an absolute ceiling

It said 12-13 minutes. I don't trust instructions!

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Having all three Indy posters up in a row would be mad legit.

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    If I could get a poster like that for The Fountain my semen would blot out the sun

Bob and Japan gave us a great one for Pan's Labyrinth. If its a classic or a cult movie, they've probably done it.

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    If you're at high altitudes and don't add salt to the water it can be hard to get pasta to an edible consistency.

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    I am actually surprised to find out that elldren's reading isn't the whole point of that movie.

I haven't seen it but I did assume that him being crazy and seeing the number 23 everywhere was the point.

The movie is trying to make the point that he isn't crazy and the number is everywhere

and malevolent

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    TL DR wrote: »
    @Sarksus hummus is chickpeas (aka garbanzo beans) and tahini (sesame paste). It's cheap and easy to make if you have a food processor, and pretty ubiquitous at grocery stores regardless. It's one of those grain/bean combos that is a 'complete protein', meaning that it contains all the amino acids your body can't produce by itself.

I want to try hummus but it always looks like vomit ;(

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    If you're at high altitudes and don't add salt to the water it can be hard to get pasta to an edible consistency.

if you don't add salt to the water then you are a crazy anyway.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular

Agree. And chickpees can be made into lots of good stuff. Lots of good Indian recipes.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

It tastes a lot better than vomit.

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    America's Test Kitchen did a whole wheat pasta taste test, the only one they really approved of was this stuff.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Hummus is amazing. Do not delay, get some. Best chip dip!

• Options
    I have a hard time getting over the visual presentation of foods. If it doesn't look good I have a hard time trying it.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    Oh wow, "The Number 23" currently has an 8% on rotten tomatoes.

You always have to wonder who the fans are of films that bad.

It is a much better film with my reading

albeit there are nonsensical bits you have to write off as entirely hallucinatory

just like mass effect 3 heeeyyyyoooooooo

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    Pictured: A dumb, ferocious brute who bullies his baby sister >:V

XSfkX.jpg
    NKlym.jpg

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    hummus and pita chips is divine

• Options
    Elldren wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    I am actually surprised to find out that elldren's reading isn't the whole point of that movie.

I haven't seen it but I did assume that him being crazy and seeing the number 23 everywhere was the point.

The movie is trying to make the point that he isn't crazy and the number is everywhere

and malevolent

we have a term meaning a "sigh of the soul" and it is what I am doing now.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options

why wouldn't you add salt?

you always add salt

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    America's Test Kitchen did a whole wheat pasta taste test, the only one they really approved of was this stuff.

Maybe a spaghetti is a better bet. The stuff I tried was penne, so it was rather thick. And the first review mentions that it's not heavy like other whole wheat pastas.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Tabbouleh is really easy to make, too, and complements hummus quite nicely.

Chanus on
  • Options
    I have a hard time getting over the visual presentation of foods. If it doesn't look good I have a hard time trying it.

Just don't think about buttstuff while eating hummus.
    buttstuffbuttstuffbuttstuffbuttstuff

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    No way, that kitty looks like a sweet fluffy angel

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options

Just think of it (and serve it) like dip. Its way better than sour cream based dips. And doesn't look any worse.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    this topic is useful because it sorts the good righteous folk who know pasta from the freaks and their perversions

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Does pasta absorb the salt? I used to do salt and oil and then found out that very little oil even clings to the pasta so I stopped, and eventually I started wondering about the salt too, but salt isn't hydrophobic like oil.

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    I don't often cook pasta. I'm a monster.

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Sarksus

EAT THE HUMMUS

here comes the airplane

• Options
    Does pasta absorb the salt? I used to do salt and oil and then found out that very little oil even clings to the pasta so I stopped, and eventually I started wondering about the salt too, but salt isn't hydrophobic like oil.

The oil is to keep your pot from boiling over.

The salt does get into the pasta.

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    No way, that kitty looks like a sweet fluffy angel

his heart is so full of love that there's no room for mercy

• Options
    Sarksus hummus is chickpeas (aka garbanzo beans) and tahini (sesame paste). It's cheap and easy to make if you have a food processor, and pretty ubiquitous at grocery stores regardless. It's one of those grain/bean combos that is a 'complete protein', meaning that it contains all the amino acids your body can't produce by itself.

Just think of it (and serve it) like dip. Its way better than sour cream based dips. And doesn't look any worse.

I think pretty much any dip looks repulsive. I can do salsa, I can't do creamy dips at all.

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    I got in the mood to try and watch some anime. Took a recommendation to try Sword Art Online. I'm enjoying it very much. I'm amazed at how many MMO things they actually get right. I also think its a much better take on the "trapped in an MMO" than .hack was. I'm glad I'm liking it cause I've been feeling very anti-japany recently.

cptrugged on
  • Options
    Phone posting is at least 200 milihitlers

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options

The salt is for the water, not the pasta

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options

pretty much everything absorbs salt.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Sarksus hummus is chickpeas (aka garbanzo beans) and tahini (sesame paste). It's cheap and easy to make if you have a food processor, and pretty ubiquitous at grocery stores regardless. It's one of those grain/bean combos that is a 'complete protein', meaning that it contains all the amino acids your body can't produce by itself.

I think pretty much any dip looks repulsive. I can do salsa, I can't do creamy dips at all.

Blindfold yourself.

• Options
    I found a lvl warp

Awesomed desc's post and was teleported to pg60

• Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    Played Path of Exile for the first time last night.

It's surprisingly good. Not really a fan of how muted and muddy some areas look, but character building and choosing equipment has been fun and the combat is better than Diablo 2, if only slightly.

• Options
    I wonder if my fear of creamy substances stems from Honey I Shrunk Ourselves when the parents almost get eaten when they fall into dip.

Those movies seriously fucked me up as a kid. I was afraid of shrink rays my entire childhood.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Guess who just arranged a free consult about electrocuting her face?

Aww yeah.

This discussion has been closed.