As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Final Round is over. Now: INJUSTICE DEMO

• Options
    AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    god

chris isn't even playing the same game as the rest of america

I think what really makes the strategy overwhelming is the meter gain. You can thread the needle, only blocking what you absolutely need to, and you make virtually no progress because of it.

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    I thought Justin did pretty well against him actually, he played super patient which you kind of have to do.

But you pretty much need to play it perfect and he wasnt perfect tonight.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Folken FanelFolken Fanel anime af When's KoFRegistered User regular
    There should be some risk involved with activating supers like that.

Arthur gets knocked on his back for his power up super. Vergil and morrigan can just do whatever.

Twitter: Folken_fgc Steam: folken_ XBL: flashg03 PSN: folken_PA SFV: folken_
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Characters I hate:

Everybody @Folken Fanel plays as.
  • Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    capcom is just stupid

they had arthur's armor break knock him down because that's what it does in the ghosts n goblins video games

and i guess they just decided that without considering the implications of what it would do to how he plays as a marvel character

• Options
    blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
  • Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    edited February 2013
    any interest in an hour of vsav before i roll away to sleep?

Knob on
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    capcom is just stupid

they had arthur's armor break knock him down because that's what it does in the ghosts n goblins video games

and i guess they just decided that without considering the implications of what it would do to how he plays as a marvel character

Honestly...at this point complaining that something is cheap or imbalanced in Marvel is just kind of...eh.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    capcom is just stupid

Honestly...at this point complaining that something is cheap or imbalanced in Marvel is just kind of...eh.

oh i'm not complainin, i don't play marvel really and if i did i wouldn't play arthur

capcom is just dumb

• Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    Secret vanilla Jill tech

• Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    3s is so pretty

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    What if Kusoru came back to Final Round and blew up Chris G? I want to see that.

• Options
    if anyone has secret anti morrigan tech

it surely must be rocket raccoon

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    blaze_zero wrote: »
    What if Kusoru came back to Final Round and blew up Chris G? I want to see that.

it'd be cool but very unlikely

chris is just too ahead of the game now, i can't see him getting gimmicked out like that again

• Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Watching archives (except bifu :? )

I was so hype for Kevin winning SFxT and I was rooting for him so hard in AE, hoping he could sweep xT/AE/Marvel.

I was heartbroken when he lost to Eduardo. I like Eduardo but I don't know what it is, I've always hated watching him play. And now he's playing my least favourite character in the game and winning and it just makes me so irrationally angry. :(

facetious on
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    I dont know how you can hate watching Eduardo play

I love it, because no one knows what he's going to do

not even Eduardo knows

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    That's why I hate it.

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    capcom is just stupid

oh i'm not complainin, i don't play marvel really and if i did i wouldn't play arthur

capcom is just dumb

But you don't even have to mention marvel to prove that capcom is dumb. There is so much more out there.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Finally caught up to GF in Marvel.

A) ChrisG's Pokeball stick is godlike.

B) ChrisG is an asshole for tagging in Firebrand just to try to win grand finals of a major with fucking Firebrand, haha.

Edit:

chris is just too ahead of the game now, i can't see him getting gimmicked out like that again

I was just thinking about this while watching grand finals.

I think Kusoru blows up the vast majority of American players, but my suspicion is that Chris has mastered his gameplan to such an extent that you need to have studied it and prepared a specific gameplan to counter it. I could be wrong, but Kusoru strikes me as a guy who just plays his own game without worrying too much about his opponent. Dunno how it would match up.

facetious on
    Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    I don't know why I started thinking about this, but I was remembering the trailers for Street Fighter x Tekken, and goddamn Capcom how could you fuck up a story that writes itself like that to justify such a horrible mechanic as Pandora.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    facetious wrote: »
    That's why I love it.

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    Watching SFxT makes me think I am playing the game completely wrong.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Shit, can we not link kickstarter stuff?

That's a thing right? Well I bought Skullgirls on the PC, you guys.

Radius on
    Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Depending on how pissed off the family is going to be that I'll be gone over easter, I'm either booking my plane tickets to fr tonight or cursing a bunch.

• Options
    facetious wrote: »
    Finally caught up to GF in Marvel.

A) ChrisG's Pokeball stick is godlike.

B) ChrisG is an asshole for tagging in Firebrand just to try to win grand finals of a major with fucking Firebrand, haha.

Edit:

I was just thinking about this while watching grand finals.

I think Kusoru blows up the vast majority of American players, but my suspicion is that Chris has mastered his gameplan to such an extent that you need to have studied it and prepared a specific gameplan to counter it. I could be wrong, but Kusoru strikes me as a guy who just plays his own game without worrying too much about his opponent. Dunno how it would match up.

chris g has, like, negative respect for the way that rog plays marvel

and i kinda love it

• Options
    Radius wrote: »
    Shit, can we not link kickstarter stuff?

That's a thing right? Well I bought Skullgirls on the PC, you guys.

Doing this when I get home

Squiggly sounds cool

• Options
    Folken FanelFolken Fanel anime af When's KoFRegistered User regular
    Knob wrote: »
    Depending on how pissed off the family is going to be that I'll be gone over easter, I'm either booking my plane tickets to fr tonight or cursing a bunch.

Just tell them youre leaving them to hang out with internet friends.

Im sure theyll understand.

Twitter: Folken_fgc Steam: folken_ XBL: flashg03 PSN: folken_PA SFV: folken_
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Characters I hate:

Everybody @Folken Fanel plays as.
  • Options

Just tell them youre leaving them to hang out with internet friends.

Im sure theyll understand.

You're not married, are you?

• Options
    Talked with the lady some more over lunch. Her response, 'Fuck em. Go kick some ass.'

So that answers that.

• Options
    A move that shrinks the size of the stage by zooming in towards your character sounds funky

Especially as an assist

• Options
    WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    I'll buy skullgirls when the iron lung dude comes out

4SMZq.jpg
  • Options
    You know what? Fuck it, Knob and his cool woman have inspired me.

Anyone looking to split a room for UFGT PM me, we'll talk.

• Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    Uuuugh I watched the Jyobin video again and now I just wanna do All The Shoryukens, anyone want to indulge my ridiculous Ryu?

p.s. this is the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6w2ALH90Sd8

• Options
    i like to think that jyobin is daigo's alternate XBL account where he just fucks around and goes HAM all day

• Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
  • Options
    The pack should include two of the Morrigan shirts.

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    Oh and I have VSAV questions for those in the know because I wanna Read Up and stuff before Resurrection comes out and I forget everything and get my ass handed to me:

How do normal throws work? Are they in the game at all? I see mention of K throws and P throws which I can only assume means punch and kick throws, does that just differentiate between a command throw where you press kick versus pressing punch? Like a HP throw is pretty clearly a command throw, but just a P throw? Is that referring to a command throw where you just hit a punch button for it? As opposed to a K throw where you hit kick?

How does air blocking work exactly? Can you not block a grounded attack (i.e. I do a cr. hp or something you can't block that because I'm on the ground and you're in the air? Does that mean Chicken Blocking is used exclusively versus jump-ins so you don't have to guess the mix-up of stuff like empty jump throw, empty jump low, jump in high?

Is there a character that's good for somebody who is only used to Street Fighter? I know there's no zoning, and Demitri and Morrigan are the Ryu & Ken but that just means they have a similar looking move set when Fireballs and shoryukens are completely different in purpose; I guess what I'm asking is for a rounded character.

• Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    Talked with the lady some more over lunch. Her response, 'Fuck em. Go kick some ass.'

So that answers that.

My problem is I can go but I like some of my extended family I don't get to see often

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    Sara LynnSara Lynn I can handle myself. Registered User regular
    I'm so excited about Darkstalkers auuogdsghsdgksgs

• Options
    Huntera wrote: »
    Oh and I have VSAV questions for those in the know because I wanna Read Up and stuff before Resurrection comes out and I forget everything and get my ass handed to me:

How do normal throws work? Are they in the game at all? I see mention of K throws and P throws which I can only assume means punch and kick throws, does that just differentiate between a command throw where you press kick versus pressing punch? Like a HP throw is pretty clearly a command throw, but just a P throw? Is that referring to a command throw where you just hit a punch button for it? As opposed to a K throw where you hit kick?

How does air blocking work exactly? Can you not block a grounded attack (i.e. I do a cr. hp or something you can't block that because I'm on the ground and you're in the air? Does that mean Chicken Blocking is used exclusively versus jump-ins so you don't have to guess the mix-up of stuff like empty jump throw, empty jump low, jump in high?

Is there a character that's good for somebody who is only used to Street Fighter? I know there's no zoning, and Demitri and Morrigan are the Ryu & Ken but that just means they have a similar looking move set when Fireballs and shoryukens are completely different in purpose; I guess what I'm asking is for a rounded character.

Throwing is like ST. Towards or back plus a button in range equals a techable normal throw. Normal throws don't have whiff animations

You can air block until you attack, then you're vulnerable. You cannot airblock grounded normals, but you can airblock grounded specials. So Cr.HP with victor is a good aa, but no invincibility means you could trade or gets stuffed by some stuff, just like the difference between ryu aa srk and Cr.fierce

All chars in vsav are totally viable, and we aren't gonna be playing at the craziest high levels anyway. You can play Dmitri or morrigan like ryu while feeling out the game and you'll pick up pretty quick what works and what doesnt

This discussion has been closed.