As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Final Round is over. Now: INJUSTICE DEMO

• Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    Walt wrote: »
    that's poop talk gary

shotos have been awesome since 1992

ain't no downgrade from some cretinous cosplay fanservice character

that's the year i was born, you're thinking of me

• Options
    i am what's been awesome since 1992

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Can't say I like shotos.

Everything from their design to their movelist is usually boring.

• Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    though smite is still not good off air throw and tenderizer is still the way to go imo, but you need to get used to timing the relaunch at the end of tenderizer but before they recover

had orbital grudge assist not been rendered trash in ultimate it would have been the best choice here imo

Ok. So definitely need to go tenderizer then. Ill try and training mode this when I get out of this drs appointment. Am I gonna get murdered without a proj assist anchor? I have no clue who to add to hulk/skrull

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    Based on demo injustice impressions

Owns owns owns owns owns owns owns owns owns owns owns owns owns owns owns

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    doom/robot/whatever lockdown assist you want

part of why KBR's team gets away without one is because of lariat being lariat. if you want skrull thems the breaks I'm afraid, because he desperately needs one. hes not the best choice but he works

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Understood. So I guess doom missiles for now on anchor. Plus missiles are missiles. Ill try that until I get someone better on anchor. Thanks for the help. Its much appreciated

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    Garret DoriganGarret Dorigan "Why can't I be DLC for UMvC3?"Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    If you're putting Skrull second, even though it was nerfed into the ground, you could also give a look at Orbital Grudge. It can be used like a very (very) sad version of Tatsu still, and it may still be able to hold them up after ground wave OTG. Tenderizer is probably still your best bet, but it might be worth looking into.

As for who else, I know in my experience with Hulk that he benefits a ton from a flat OTG and also from a lockdown. Considering screen placement after Hulk throws/combos, on the OTG side you need one of the longer range ones for midscreen combos, so you're mostly looking at Sentinel Rocket Punch, Viper Siesmo, Shuma Mystic Ray, Thor Mighty Smash, or X-23 Ankle Slicer.

There are tons of lockdown assists, but the ones that I've seen benefit Hulk the most are Raccoon Log Trap (Though if you're doing KBR combos this kills your wall bounce), Strange Bolts, Dorm Dark Hole, Shuma Mystic Ray, and Ammy Cold Star.

Mystic Ray looks like a winner but that means you have to use Shuma and (since with those three you would really want Skrull last) Shuma doesn't get much from Tenderizer or OG AFAIK. In reality, especially if you want to have Skrull second, Cold Star is probably your best bet (though out of all of those options I listed, my bias goes toward Hulk[Wave]/X-23[AS]/Skrull[Tend] but that's because I will rep X-23 forever) as not only does it give Hulk some lockdown it also can be used as another hold for combo extension, and XF3 Ammy ain't no slouch.

EDIT: This is also assuming you are using Skrull to replace Haggar in role in KBR's team.

Garret Dorigan on
    "Never Hit"
  • Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    should I bust out my amazing(ly shitty) Dante/Rocket Raccoon/Arthur team for this MVC3 tournament on Saturday or should I save myself the shame and just not bother entering at all and stick to getting bodied in SF4?

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Can't say I like shotos.

Everything from their design to their movelist is usually boring.

"Karate man" is not exactly compelling design, no, but you have to give the artists props for making that boring design instantly recognizable with a few iconic features

• Options
    If you're putting Skrull second, even though it was nerfed into the ground, you could also give a look at Orbital Grudge. It can be used like a very (very) sad version of Tatsu still, and it may still be able to hold them up after ground wave OTG. Tenderizer is probably still your best bet, but it might be worth looking into.

As for who else, I know in my experience with Hulk that he benefits a ton from a flat OTG and also from a lockdown. Considering screen placement after Hulk throws/combos, on the OTG side you need one of the longer range ones for midscreen combos, so you're mostly looking at Sentinel Rocket Punch, Viper Siesmo, Shuma Mystic Ray, Thor Mighty Smash, or X-23 Ankle Slicer.

There are tons of lockdown assists, but the ones that I've seen benefit Hulk the most are Raccoon Log Trap (Though if you're doing KBR combos this kills your wall bounce), Strange Bolts, Dorm Dark Hole, Shuma Mystic Ray, and Ammy Cold Star.

Mystic Ray looks like a winner but that means you have to use Shuma and (since with those three you would really want Skrull last) Shuma doesn't get much from Tenderizer or OG AFAIK. In reality, especially if you want to have Skrull second, Cold Star is probably your best bet (though out of all of those options I listed, my bias goes toward Hulk[Wave]/X-23[AS]/Skrull[Tend] but that's because I will rep X-23 forever) as not only does it give Hulk some lockdown it also can be used as another hold for combo extension, and XF3 Ammy ain't no slouch.

EDIT: This is also assuming you are using Skrull to replace Haggar in role in KBR's team.

I already tried grudge, it serves zero purpose with its new float height in ultimate. they go too high up for hulk to follow up with AA gamma charge followups

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    I had a bad dream last night where I was trying to learn Dante.

Ugh.

• Options
    dante deadpool iron man still the best team in mvc3 hth

• Options
    AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    There's a person I've been running into in ranked since Vanilla who plays Deadpool/Iron Man/something else, that just does jump back shoot the entire match. When you close the distance and they actually get a hit in, they can't even complete a basic launch combo. They'll taunt if they manage to kill one of your characters, but they'll inevitably lose the match. I mean, they have a bunch of wins I guess, but Hawkeye + Cap pretty easily dismantles that strategy.

Anyway, that person has like 6000 wins and 7000 losses. I'm convinced it's a poorly made AI or a research monkey or something. I'm not sure how you have probably 20,000 games between both versions and never learn to do a combo, but you just keep playing. You're still somehow engaged by the game.

• Options

I already tried grudge, it serves zero purpose with its new float height in ultimate. they go too high up for hulk to follow up with AA gamma charge followups

Hmmm. Hawkeye has an otg assist that looks kinda fast. I wonder if it could match the sent ground punch assist in range. Need to get home and try this shit.

• Options
    Folken FanelFolken Fanel anime af When's KoFRegistered User regular
    I had a bad dream last night where I was trying to learn Dante.

Ugh.

Eventually im going to learn dante..

That day was not yesterday and it wontbe today.

Someday!

Twitter: Folken_fgc Steam: folken_ XBL: flashg03 PSN: folken_PA SFV: folken_
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Characters I hate:

Everybody @Folken Fanel plays as.
  • Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    I learned a shitload of crazy Dante combos awhile ago. Then I played a bunch and learned that I have no idea how to hit someone as Dante other than vajra, helm breaker, vajra, helm breaker, helm breaker, vajra, teleport, helm breaker, hammer

• Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    Box dash H

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    Oh yeah, jump h hits behind

• Options
    Knob wrote: »
    I learned a shitload of crazy Dante combos awhile ago. Then I played a bunch and learned that I have no idea how to hit someone as Dante other than vajra, helm breaker, vajra, helm breaker, helm breaker, vajra, teleport, helm breaker, hammer
    I don't see the problem here?

• Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2013
    High level play.

Also does anyone want to play.. something today? AE PC, Marvel, Darkstalkers???

facetious on
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I kinda wanna learn dante but most of the guys I like to play don't mix well with him cept like frank

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    You have to play strider at some point was the main issue I was having

• Options
    I think I'm gonna play Chivalry today for my footsies fix but if someone wants to play SFxT2013 I'd be down.

• Options
    i'd do ae pc for like half an hour

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Before I commit money to this, are there Ps3 umvc3 players?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Let's do it Gary.

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    get on skype

• Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »

Not many. It's the inferior version of the game.

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    I will play fight games when I get home in a few hours

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    KinderpartyKinderparty Registered User regular
    -What Umehara learnt when he was a kid is if you want people to really accept you then you have to win impressively, not just win. (He was physically strong as a kid. Friends cheered on him when he overcame another kid. But they didn't invite him for a trip to Disneyland. So he realized that he's not actually popular.)

no disney land for lil daigo.

• Options
    Garret DoriganGarret Dorigan "Why can't I be DLC for UMvC3?"Registered User regular

Meaning that the netcode/matchmaking on 360 is below average, and the netcode/matchmaking on PS3 is worse.

"Never Hit"
  • Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular

yup

it plays different

frame drops, input delay, all sorts of weird shit

• Options
    actually swordfights you'll answer my question

i don't remember what it was though

• Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    -What Umehara learnt when he was a kid is if you want people to really accept you then you have to win impressively, not just win. (He was physically strong as a kid. Friends cheered on him when he overcame another kid. But they didn't invite him for a trip to Disneyland. So he realized that he's not actually popular.)

no disney land for lil daigo.

i'll go to disneyland with you daigo ;_;

• Options
    KinderpartyKinderparty Registered User regular
    I like it a bunch.

I almost think I like Injustice too much.

I think my #1 drawback from the game is the spacing feels a little weird because the dashes are so huge and the walk speed is so slow. But that could just be nature to the characters currently in the game.

but then again MK was also wonky like that, so who knows.

otherwise I love it bunchies munchies.

• Options
    Good games Gary guy!

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    I like it a bunch.

I almost think I like Injustice too much.

I think my #1 drawback from the game is the spacing feels a little weird because the dashes are so huge and the walk speed is so slow. But that could just be nature to the characters currently in the game.

but then again MK was also wonky like that, so who knows.

otherwise I love it bunchies munchies.

I played for four hours last night. With 3 chars and one stage and fucked up controls. I'm sold so hard.

Only thing I need to learn/get used to is the buffering system. Same as mk, I have no idea how to hitconfirm when you need to dump all your inputs in that quickly.

I'm guessing you just use safe strings all the time unless you see a punish opportunity, then use the big unsafe guns.

I was trying 1,1 and then 2,batarang on block or 3, 3,grapple on hit, but the system just doesn't work like that.

• Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    I like it a bunch.
    You would.

I didn't expect it to have so many similarities to Darkstalkers. Did you check out that character impression link to testyourmight.com? If you like rushdown then Nightwing is your man. Catwoman would be your woman if you're into that Felicia stuff.

Anywho, I already found my combo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFgyPac32a0

beep boop

10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    HellaJeffHellaJeff FAB FRESH RAIIINBOOWWWWWRegistered User regular
    Ugh, I don't own a console. Release this shit for pc yo.

This discussion has been closed.