As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Internet Dating] Bisexuals over 30 without smartphones are doomed. DOOOOOOMED!

178101213101

Posts

  • LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Registered User regular
    Richy wrote: »
    This girl I'm talking to sent me a message where she talks about starting a new chapter in her life. Her exact words, though, are "a chance to start at ground zero and reignite".

    <fry.gif>
    Not sure if she's being poetic or making a bomb joke.

    She wants to blow you
















    up

    "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • LadyMLadyM Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    "How's it going Angel? I must apologise as I saw from your profile that you are not looking to date someone of my age, but your profile is awesome. I loved your frankness and had to smile when I went through the sex answers, cupid thinks we have a 96% comparability but I guess there's nothing down for us what with you living all the way over on the other side of town. However if you did fancy a Boscombe adventure one night let me know. I wish you the best of luck and I'm sure it wont take you long to make friends here."

    I always have to wonder at the life history of people who send things like this. Like, what happened to them to make them think that this wasn't a creepy message? Were they raised by bonobos? I'll bet bonobos would be all about one night stands and sending dick pictures.

    LadyM on
    Angelina
  • HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    LadyM wrote: »
    "How's it going Angel? I must apologise as I saw from your profile that you are not looking to date someone of my age, but your profile is awesome. I loved your frankness and had to smile when I went through the sex answers, cupid thinks we have a 96% comparability but I guess there's nothing down for us what with you living all the way over on the other side of town. However if you did fancy a Boscombe adventure one night let me know. I wish you the best of luck and I'm sure it wont take you long to make friends here."

    I always have to wonder at the life history of people who send things like this. Like, what happened to them to make them think that this wasn't a creepy message? Were they raised by bonobos? I'll bet bonobos would be all about one night stands and sending dick pictures.

    Bonobos do sex each other up a bunch to promote social bonding, so...

  • PixelMonkeyPixelMonkey Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Ok you know what give mentally with women. Even the short girls want six foot guys fine, they want be able to say to short guys to suck it up when they could be well a fat cow due to treating their bodies like shit and still get all the support in the world and even support groups popping up from them fine.

    However the one thing that hasn't been able to stop pissing me off is the fact I'm constantly blow off for something I can't change without crippling surgery, and I'm told I'm not allowed to be bitter about it.

    PixelMonkey on
  • LadyMLadyM Registered User regular
    Ok you know what give mentally with women. Even the short girls want six foot guys fine, they want be able to say to short guys to suck it up when they could be well a fat cow due to treating their bodies like shit and still get all the support in the world and even support groups popping up from them fine.

    However the one thing that hasn't been able to stop pissing me off is the fact I'm constantly blow off for something I can't change without crippling surgery, and I'm told I'm not allowed to be bitter about it.

    Well, that's life. I think it's kind of amazing that you can call heavy women "fat cows" and then turn around and complain about being rejected for being short. Nobody owes you a date. Why shouldn't women pass over short men, if they aren't attracted to short men? The goal is to find someone you're attracted to and compatible with. Hey, it also sucks that people who are missing limbs have less of a dating pool--it's definitely not fair--but there it is.

    cabsyrizN1tSt4lker
  • PixelMonkeyPixelMonkey Registered User regular
    I was referring to the fact that a person can lose weight by exercising this coming from a guy who had extremely bad asthma his entire life and then forced himself to do distance running to get rid of it mostly.

  • PixelMonkeyPixelMonkey Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Oh and there are basically no women that like short guys. If there was an exercise program I could take to get taller I would do it.

    PixelMonkey on
    forty
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    What does it accomplish being bitter about it? Everybody gets rejected for shitty unfair reasons, that's life. We all work with what we've got.

  • Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    Alright guys. I'm going to try this here internet dating thing.

    I may or may not have a cyber stalker ex, but I can't let that push me away from trying to meet people.

    Maybe I can work that into the profile somehow.......

  • PixelMonkeyPixelMonkey Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Zek wrote: »
    What does it accomplish being bitter about it? Everybody gets rejected for shitty unfair reasons, that's life. We all work with what we've got.
    Cause yeah it's the ultimate dealbreaker with nothing that can be done apart from crippling surgery.

    PixelMonkey on
  • PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    He's simply saying that love, uh, finds a way.

    Even aboard a Cerberus vessel.

    Richy wrote: »
    This girl I'm talking to sent me a message where she talks about starting a new chapter in her life. Her exact words, though, are "a chance to start at ground zero and reignite".

    <fry.gif>
    Not sure if she's being poetic or making a bomb joke.

    Puns are the bomb.

  • HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Zek wrote: »
    What does it accomplish being bitter about it? Everybody gets rejected for shitty unfair reasons, that's life. We all work with what we've got.

    Yes, well, when you're 5'7" and a dude, your field is going to be much narrower than if you were, say, 6'3".

    And as a 6'3" dude, I can tell you that height does indeed make a definitive difference when it comes to how attractive you are to the ladies.

    forty
  • AngelinaAngelina Registered User regular
    @kruite I don't know if you've answered more questions by now as mine says 79%/91%, and we have issues about freckles?? We're doomed! I'll check out your profile when my brain wakes up.

    I'm far too well matched with most of you that visited my profile last night which I fine very depressing as you're all so darn far away.

    @pixelmonkey yeah it sucks butts that girls like tall guys, and even if they're short they want someone taller than them while they're wearing their killer heels. Not all girls are like that though! I'm 5ft7, my ex was 5ft6 and I'd go out in my 5 inch heels with him and it was no issue to me. I'm slightly crushing on a shorter guy at the moment. Just don't get bitter about it and it will happen.

  • JeedanJeedan Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Ok you know what give mentally with women. Even the short girls want six foot guys fine, they want be able to say to short guys to suck it up when they could be well a fat cow due to treating their bodies like shit and still get all the support in the world and even support groups popping up from them fine.

    However the one thing that hasn't been able to stop pissing me off is the fact I'm constantly blow off for something I can't change without crippling surgery, and I'm told I'm not allowed to be bitter about it.

    You don't have to shave your legs, wear make up, learn to walk in heels, wear a push up bra, co ordinate your underwear, worry about cellulite, wear extensions, skip dessert, shave your armpits, show some skin but oh shit not too much skin, fuckin WAX, bleach your facial hair, get an eating disorder, pluck your eyebrows, keep fit but not muscular because muscles are gross, put your body back into shape after pregnancy, or plan to account for the fact you're going to bleed from your genitals every month until youre grey. So yes, how about you stop being bitter about it.

    Jeedan on
    LadyMJuliuscabsyriz
  • AngelinaAngelina Registered User regular
    Zack
    Very sexy ;)

    angel_of_ages
    Good thing you can't see me right now!

    Zack
    And why's that baby x

    angel_of_ages
    I look like something from the Addam's family with my finger in the plug socket, just woken up.

    Zack
    Haha :p you still in bed too :p

    angel_of_ages
    Yeah I'm trying to become nocturnal for my night shifts next week. A night out tonight will help! what's your excuse for being a lazy bum?

    Zack
    Well I'm just being lazy Haha :) where are you out tonight? Maybe you should come here and ill be more energetic ;)

    No! Bad internet man! Don't say on your profile you're looking for a relationship and then offer that! Eurgh.

  • LilnoobsLilnoobs Alpha Queue Registered User regular
    The Attack of the Emoticons.

    riz
  • PixelMonkeyPixelMonkey Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Jeedan wrote: »
    Ok you know what give mentally with women. Even the short girls want six foot guys fine, they want be able to say to short guys to suck it up when they could be well a fat cow due to treating their bodies like shit and still get all the support in the world and even support groups popping up from them fine.

    However the one thing that hasn't been able to stop pissing me off is the fact I'm constantly blow off for something I can't change without crippling surgery, and I'm told I'm not allowed to be bitter about it.

    You don't have to shave your legs, wear make up, learn to walk in heels, wear a push up bra, co ordinate your underwear, worry about cellulite, wear extensions, skip dessert, shave your armpits, show some skin but oh shit not too much skin, fuckin WAX, bleach your facial hair, get an eating disorder, pluck your eyebrows, keep fit but not muscular because muscles are gross, put your body back into shape after pregnancy, or plan to account for the fact you're going to bleed from your genitals every month until youre grey. So yes, how about you stop being bitter about it.
    HAAAA implying guys don't have to look good and keep fit as well. Seriously guys have to look after their looks as well.

    PixelMonkey on
    darklite_xforty
  • PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Maybe you should all stop "looking good".
    (Most of that stuff is the opposite of taking care of yourself.)
    Angelina wrote: »
    @kruite I don't know if you've answered more questions by now as mine says 79%/91%, and we have issues about freckles?? We're doomed! I'll check out your profile when my brain wakes up.

    I'm far too well matched with most of you that visited my profile last night which I fine very depressing as you're all so darn far away.

    @pixelmonkey yeah it sucks butts that girls like tall guys, and even if they're short they want someone taller than them while they're wearing their killer heels. Not all girls are like that though! I'm 5ft7, my ex was 5ft6 and I'd go out in my 5 inch heels with him and it was no issue to me. I'm slightly crushing on a shorter guy at the moment. Just don't get bitter about it and it will happen.

    You say "even if they're short", but doesn't that actually make "taller than them" less demanding?

  • HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Jeedan wrote: »
    Ok you know what give mentally with women. Even the short girls want six foot guys fine, they want be able to say to short guys to suck it up when they could be well a fat cow due to treating their bodies like shit and still get all the support in the world and even support groups popping up from them fine.

    However the one thing that hasn't been able to stop pissing me off is the fact I'm constantly blow off for something I can't change without crippling surgery, and I'm told I'm not allowed to be bitter about it.

    You don't have to shave your legs, wear make up, learn to walk in heels, wear a push up bra, co ordinate your underwear, worry about cellulite, wear extensions, skip dessert, shave your armpits, show some skin but oh shit not too much skin, fuckin WAX, bleach your facial hair, get an eating disorder, pluck your eyebrows, keep fit but not muscular because muscles are gross, put your body back into shape after pregnancy, or plan to account for the fact you're going to bleed from your genitals every month until youre grey. So yes, how about you stop being bitter about it.

    Show me which one of those things is a must have for all girls, because I have dated women who have not observed at least two entries on that list each, and we got on just fine.

    kaliyamaforty
  • AngelinaAngelina Registered User regular
    PLA wrote: »

    You say "even if they're short", but doesn't that actually make "taller than them" less demanding?

    Yeah slightly but if a girl's 5ft2 she can be 5ft7 in her heels and still want a guy that's a couple of inches taller than her even then. It's a massive shame really.



    "You don't have to shave your legs, wear make up, learn to walk in heels, wear a push up bra, co ordinate your underwear, worry about cellulite, wear extensions, skip dessert, shave your armpits, show some skin but oh shit not too much skin, fuckin WAX, bleach your facial hair, get an eating disorder, pluck your eyebrows, keep fit but not muscular because muscles are gross, put your body back into shape after pregnancy, or plan to account for the fact you're going to bleed from your genitals every month until youre grey. So yes, how about you stop being bitter about it."

    I don't think I'm a girl :(

  • HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    I do some of the things on that list, so apparently I am a girl? I guess I must be Allison Janney from The West Wing.

    forty
  • PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Yeah, I suppose that's right. It would be funny if 5ft7 plus heels wanted taller than 6ft2.

    PLA on
  • AngelinaAngelina Registered User regular
    Learning to walk in heels takes time but you can do it hun.

    Maybe this is why my male friends call me dude. It's ok, I have random internet men offering sex and then acting surprised when I turn them down!

  • kaliyamakaliyama Left to find less-moderated fora Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Jeedan wrote: »
    Ok you know what give mentally with women. Even the short girls want six foot guys fine, they want be able to say to short guys to suck it up when they could be well a fat cow due to treating their bodies like shit and still get all the support in the world and even support groups popping up from them fine.

    However the one thing that hasn't been able to stop pissing me off is the fact I'm constantly blow off for something I can't change without crippling surgery, and I'm told I'm not allowed to be bitter about it.

    You don't have to shave your legs, wear make up, learn to walk in heels, wear a push up bra, co ordinate your underwear, worry about cellulite, wear extensions, skip dessert, shave your armpits, show some skin but oh shit not too much skin, fuckin WAX, bleach your facial hair, get an eating disorder, pluck your eyebrows, keep fit but not muscular because muscles are gross, put your body back into shape after pregnancy, or plan to account for the fact you're going to bleed from your genitals every month until youre grey. So yes, how about you stop being bitter about it.
    HAAAA implying guys don't have to look good and keep fit as well. Seriously guys have to look after their looks as well.

    Women on the whole seem to be as picky about height as men are about weight, and you're right that it's mostly an immutable characteristic. It's hugely unfair and it reflects badly on women. However, the point is not that you can't be bitter about it, but if you are, you are likely to repel whatever small subset of women would find you as a short man attractive. So there are practical reasons to not be bitter.

    I still think your lack of punctuation and writing ability generally is hurting you more than your height.

    kaliyama on
    fwKS7.png?1
    forty
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Kruite wrote: »
    Angelina wrote: »
    Hmm well I'm guessing at least some of the handsome men from around the world that view me are you people so someone tell me what our match % is!
    http://www.okcupid.com/profile/angelofages

    A drunk guy on the bus tonight asked me to smack him in the face. When he got off the bus he licked the window by my seat. It seems that I'm just as lucky in real life with men!

    68%/89% Negative answers involved freckles....I always thought the matching was a little off.

    remade my profile so have at it. Show no mercy. http://www.okcupid.com/profile/bluflare

    First thought: use a different profile pic. Right now you're using a picture of yourself drinking with friends, and that's the worst thing you could do:

    conversations.png

    Use the second or third picture. I like your second picture, I think it makes you look good and sweet, but then again I'm not your target demographic. Third picture with the tux is attention-grabbing.


    EDIT:
    On a typical Friday night I am
    this is a dumb question. What makes Friday special? All days are up for grabs.

    Change that answer to something not stupid. The question is not asking you what makes Friday night special specifically, it's asking you how you like to relax and have fun and using Friday as an example.

    Richy on
    sig.gif
  • JeedanJeedan Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    Jeedan wrote: »
    Ok you know what give mentally with women. Even the short girls want six foot guys fine, they want be able to say to short guys to suck it up when they could be well a fat cow due to treating their bodies like shit and still get all the support in the world and even support groups popping up from them fine.

    However the one thing that hasn't been able to stop pissing me off is the fact I'm constantly blow off for something I can't change without crippling surgery, and I'm told I'm not allowed to be bitter about it.

    You don't have to shave your legs, wear make up, learn to walk in heels, wear a push up bra, co ordinate your underwear, worry about cellulite, wear extensions, skip dessert, shave your armpits, show some skin but oh shit not too much skin, fuckin WAX, bleach your facial hair, get an eating disorder, pluck your eyebrows, keep fit but not muscular because muscles are gross, put your body back into shape after pregnancy, or plan to account for the fact you're going to bleed from your genitals every month until youre grey. So yes, how about you stop being bitter about it.

    Show me which one of those things is a must have for all girls, because I have dated women who have not observed at least two entries on that list each, and we got on just fine.

    Show me where its a must have that all guys be plus six foot. Because that's the point I'm responding to.

    Show me where women can be I quote "a fat cow treating their bodies like shit and get all the support in the world for it" because god knows society places such unfair standards on mens bodies to look good.


    Jeedan on
  • AngelinaAngelina Registered User regular
    @kruite I love the third picture, but the second one might be a better profile picture.

  • PixelMonkeyPixelMonkey Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    kaliyama wrote: »
    Jeedan wrote: »
    Ok you know what give mentally with women. Even the short girls want six foot guys fine, they want be able to say to short guys to suck it up when they could be well a fat cow due to treating their bodies like shit and still get all the support in the world and even support groups popping up from them fine.

    However the one thing that hasn't been able to stop pissing me off is the fact I'm constantly blow off for something I can't change without crippling surgery, and I'm told I'm not allowed to be bitter about it.

    You don't have to shave your legs, wear make up, learn to walk in heels, wear a push up bra, co ordinate your underwear, worry about cellulite, wear extensions, skip dessert, shave your armpits, show some skin but oh shit not too much skin, fuckin WAX, bleach your facial hair, get an eating disorder, pluck your eyebrows, keep fit but not muscular because muscles are gross, put your body back into shape after pregnancy, or plan to account for the fact you're going to bleed from your genitals every month until youre grey. So yes, how about you stop being bitter about it.
    HAAAA implying guys don't have to look good and keep fit as well. Seriously guys have to look after their looks as well.

    Women on the whole seem to be as picky about height as men are about weight, and you're right that it's mostly an immutable characteristic. It's hugely unfair and it reflects badly on women. However, the point is not that you can't be bitter about it, but if you are, you are likely to repel whatever small subset of women would find you as a short man attractive. So there are practical reasons to not be bitter.

    I still think your lack of punctuation and writing ability generally is hurting you more than your height.

    Admittedly I was typing it out in a sort of quick manner on my iPhone.

    PixelMonkey on
  • LadyMLadyM Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    Show me which one of those things is a must have for all girls, because I have dated women who have not observed at least two entries on that list each, and we got on just fine.

    Women don't "have to", but a woman who doesn't shave her legs, wear makeup, and bleach facial hair will have a smaller dating pool.
    kaliyama wrote: »
    Women on the whole seem to be as picky about height as men are about weight, and you're right that it's mostly an immutable characteristic. It's hugely unfair and it reflects badly on women.

    It's not fair that trans people get crossed off a lot of people's dating lists for being trans but some people are just not attracted to trans folks. And although that sucks, I don't think it "reflects badly" on anyone (except the ones who are actually transphobic). People are attracted to what they're attracted to.

    Look, I know it sucks to be short when a lot of women want a taller guy, but I don't appreciate this "women are just so SHALLOW or crazy maybe" vibe I'm getting here. It's not shallow to want to be attracted to your date, and a lot of women find height a factor in attraction. Personally, I would not mind dating a guy the same height as me or maybe an inch shorter. More than an inch and I am not interested. It feels "wrong". (Not morally wrong obviously, but awkward-awkward wrong.) Maybe with intensive therapy I could get over this feeling, oh hey or I could just date guys taller than that height, how about that.

    (I actually feel the same way about the ladies, I don't mind being a little taller, but I don't want to tower over my date.)

    LadyM on
    PLAcabsyrizN1tSt4lker
  • LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Angelina wrote: »
    Zack
    Very sexy ;)

    angel_of_ages
    Good thing you can't see me right now!

    Zack
    And why's that baby x

    angel_of_ages
    I look like something from the Addam's family with my finger in the plug socket, just woken up.

    Zack
    Haha :p you still in bed too :p

    angel_of_ages
    Yeah I'm trying to become nocturnal for my night shifts next week. A night out tonight will help! what's your excuse for being a lazy bum?

    Zack
    Well I'm just being lazy Haha :) where are you out tonight? Maybe you should come here and ill be more energetic ;)

    No! Bad internet man! Don't say on your profile you're looking for a relationship and then offer that! Eurgh.

    I'm astonished that a person is like this. I couldn't even think about propositioning someone that I just met.

    LoserForHireX on
    "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
    Jimmy Marku
  • redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    Angelina wrote: »
    PLA wrote: »

    You say "even if they're short", but doesn't that actually make "taller than them" less demanding?

    Yeah slightly but if a girl's 5ft2 she can be 5ft7 in her heels and still want a guy that's a couple of inches taller than her even then. It's a massive shame really.



    "You don't have to shave your legs, wear make up, learn to walk in heels, wear a push up bra, co ordinate your underwear, worry about cellulite, wear extensions, skip dessert, shave your armpits, show some skin but oh shit not too much skin, fuckin WAX, bleach your facial hair, get an eating disorder, pluck your eyebrows, keep fit but not muscular because muscles are gross, put your body back into shape after pregnancy, or plan to account for the fact you're going to bleed from your genitals every month until youre grey. So yes, how about you stop being bitter about it."

    I don't think I'm a girl :(

    That's ok. I totally take up your slack. Maybe drop bleaching facial hair(aside from if I want my eyebrows to match, which is rare and a different thing), extensions, the bleeding and pregnancy thing. It's pretty rare that I find myself in a bra. Everything else though.

    I like that the response to a guy being shut down for being too short, is to bemoan the fact that women get to wear heels. Yeah, no way at all I'd want to be 4 inches taller with a fantastic ass and great legs. :( French monarchs used to have such cute foot wear.

    This machine kills threads.
  • LadyMLadyM Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Men can wear heels too, get some of those French pirate boots. Okay, I can't find any pictures but you know the kind I mean, with the square blocky heel.

    Anyway, heels are awful healthwise. The human body was not meant to carry all that weight on the ball of the foot.

    LadyM on
  • hsuhsu Registered User regular
    Ok you know what give mentally with women. Even the short girls want six foot guys fine, they want be able to say to short guys to suck it up when they could be well a fat cow due to treating their bodies like shit and still get all the support in the world and even support groups popping up from them fine.
    As another short guy, you have to do a lot more to stand out, to make girls forget that you are short.

    My quick tip: wear motorcycle boots or cowboy boots. That's 4 extra inches, in socially acceptable footwear. If you are really short, put some lifts in them for an extra 1-2 inches. And if you actually ride a motorcycle, that's even better.

    My not so quick tip: get ripped. Like UFC fighter ripped. This will take 2 years of lifting and a solid diet, but results will be noticeable in 6-8 months (at which point, you should buy new clothing that shows off all this hard work). Muscles are rare enough that girls will lower their height standards for them.

    iTNdmYl.png
  • JeedanJeedan Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    redx wrote: »
    Angelina wrote: »
    PLA wrote: »

    You say "even if they're short", but doesn't that actually make "taller than them" less demanding?

    Yeah slightly but if a girl's 5ft2 she can be 5ft7 in her heels and still want a guy that's a couple of inches taller than her even then. It's a massive shame really.



    "You don't have to shave your legs, wear make up, learn to walk in heels, wear a push up bra, co ordinate your underwear, worry about cellulite, wear extensions, skip dessert, shave your armpits, show some skin but oh shit not too much skin, fuckin WAX, bleach your facial hair, get an eating disorder, pluck your eyebrows, keep fit but not muscular because muscles are gross, put your body back into shape after pregnancy, or plan to account for the fact you're going to bleed from your genitals every month until youre grey. So yes, how about you stop being bitter about it."

    I don't think I'm a girl :(

    That's ok. I totally take up your slack. Maybe drop bleaching facial hair(aside from if I want my eyebrows to match, which is rare and a different thing), extensions, the bleeding and pregnancy thing. It's pretty rare that I find myself in a bra. Everything else though.

    I like that the response to a guy being shut down for being too short, is to bemoan the fact that women get to wear heels. Yeah, no way at all I'd want to be 4 inches taller with a fantastic ass and great legs. :( French monarchs used to have such cute foot wear.

    I post on another internet dating thread on a different forum where people often share bad messages they recieve.

    One of the girls who posts there is overweight, shes attractive by most peoples standards but clearly slightly bigger than the average.

    This girl gets a lot, a lot of messages that go like this.

    Guy: hey, hows it going?

    Her: *no reply*

    Guy a few days later: hey you fat stuck up bitch. Can't even be bothered to reply huh? You realise your a fat piece of shit no guy would go for? I just wanted to fuck you and dump you anyway cause I was bored. Later fatass.

    Guys go NUTS when someone "lower" than them on the social attractiveness pole rejects them. I got no sympathy for any dude a bloo blooing how shallow women are and that they get it easier.

    But hey women get to wear heels, you know, the shoes that are notoriously painful to wear for any length of time? Man I wish that was the expected standard of dress for most events I went to. It would make my ass look so cute.

    Jeedan on
  • ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Jeedan wrote: »
    I got no sympathy for any dude a bloo blooing how shallow women are.

    It sucks to be rejected for something you can't control, though. I mean, I'm not saying "have sympathy for everyone saying this!" but it's worth thinking about.

    Though I think a healthy person will usually realize we live in a culture which promotes certain specific ideals and is fucking unfair, and focus on that rather than complain about people, whether individually or in a category.

    Zombiemambo
  • LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    It does blow that people in general (women, men, unicorns [which are people too you know!]) are attracted to people or not based on their physical characteristics. Mostly because physical characteristics are not under most of our control. I can't change my eye color, shape or size. To some people that is going to matter. I can't change the shape of my nose, or my ears. I can't control how tall I am. This might serve to get me dates or prevent me from getting them.

    When you find someone who really digs you, they are going to love those things. So you'll be profiting by these uncontrollable characteristics. Sure some people are going to reject you for it, some wont care, and others will like it. Just like pretty much any other characteristic you have.

    LoserForHireX on
    "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    Jeedan wrote: »
    Guys go NUTS when someone "lower" than them on the social attractiveness pole rejects them. I got no sympathy for any dude a bloo blooing how shallow women are.

    A lot of guys are entitled, privileged asshole. The patriarchy is bad. I'm not really sure how listing a bunch of stereotypical cultural exceptions helps either one of those things, and well... there really isn't a lot of support for or acceptance of things like guys with eating disorders(though it is much less common).

    It's wrong to blame women as a group. It's kinda a shitheel misogynist thing to do, but then again ignoring the hardship that causes that isn't really fantastic either.

    LadyM wrote: »
    Men can wear heels too, get some of those French pirate boots. Okay, I can't find any pictures but you know the kind I mean, with the square blocky heel.

    Anyway, heels are awful healthwise. The human body was not meant to carry all that weight on the ball of the foot.

    Yes. Plenty of country, riding and urban boots with a 2+ inch heel as well.

    Some with internal lifts. If that kid upthread is really all that put out by his height, he could probably manage a few extra inches of height without too much work.

    This machine kills threads.
    forty
  • AngelinaAngelina Registered User regular
    edited March 2013

    I'm astonished that a person is like this. I couldn't even think about propositioning someone that I just met.

    Every day. Every day.

    Angelina on
  • KruiteKruite Registered User regular
    Changed the pic to that second one. The third pic is a little dated, but I haven't changed much since then (the hiking pic is the most up to date). okcupid sent me the geography stats and Im in one of the worst states to look for women. (I suppose I need to answer more questions?)

  • SliderSlider Registered User regular
    Hate OKC.

    Deleted my account.

    Not going to waste my time using a website that automatically adjusts search results.

This discussion has been closed.