As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Internet Dating] Bisexuals over 30 without smartphones are doomed. DOOOOOOMED!

189111314101

Posts

  • PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    When you find someone who really digs you, they are going to love those things. So you'll be profiting by these uncontrollable characteristics. Sure some people are going to reject you for it, some wont care, and others will like it. Just like pretty much any other characteristic you have.

    I think it was mentioned earlier, possibly in this thread, that attractiveness has been linked with certain averageness. It seems to make sense at first glance: Average features matching average opinions. But with outliers cancelling eachother out, it doesn't mean that separate individuals have to favour anything like the average features. Though they could.
    That's just speculating hot air, in any case. We know from experience that people are quirked.

  • JeedanJeedan Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    redx wrote: »
    Jeedan wrote: »
    Guys go NUTS when someone "lower" than them on the social attractiveness pole rejects them. I got no sympathy for any dude a bloo blooing how shallow women are.

    A lot of guys are entitled, privileged asshole. The patriarchy is bad. I'm not really sure how listing a bunch of stereotypical cultural exceptions helps either one of those things,

    Again, context. PixelMonkey claims he "can't see why he shouldn't be bitter" about being passed over for his height. I'm just giving him a list of reasons not to be.

    Other reasons not to be bitter: it's a self fulfilling mentality. If you believe that women don't like you because x you will encounter evidence for it at every turn.

    Also
    Taller men have greater reproductive success (Pawlowski, Dunbar, and Lipowicz 2000; Nettle 2002) and height contributes to overall assessments of attractiveness. But Sorokowski and Pawlowski (2008) report that enhancing images of men to make them appear proportionally taller only results in a small (5 percent) change in how attractive women rate them.

    source-http://www.femininebeauty.info/f/leg.length.polish.pdf

    Jeedan on
    TehSpectrekaliyama
  • rizriz Registered User regular
    hsu wrote: »
    Ok you know what give mentally with women. Even the short girls want six foot guys fine, they want be able to say to short guys to suck it up when they could be well a fat cow due to treating their bodies like shit and still get all the support in the world and even support groups popping up from them fine.
    As another short guy, you have to do a lot more to stand out, to make girls forget that you are short.

    My quick tip: wear motorcycle boots or cowboy boots. That's 4 extra inches, in socially acceptable footwear. If you are really short, put some lifts in them for an extra 1-2 inches. And if you actually ride a motorcycle, that's even better.

    My not so quick tip: get ripped. Like UFC fighter ripped. This will take 2 years of lifting and a solid diet, but results will be noticeable in 6-8 months (at which point, you should buy new clothing that shows off all this hard work). Muscles are rare enough that girls will lower their height standards for them.

    I was going to say basically this. If you think fat people have it so much easier than short guys because they can just snap their fingers and become attractive by losing weight, but you can't do anything to make yourself more attractive, you're kidding yourself. A 5'6 guy who hits the gym will be a lot more attractive to the 5'3 girl who thinks she is only attracted to 6'+ guys. It's not just a height thing but a stature thing. (Naturally super-skinny short guys? Don't know what to tell you.) Not to mention you see many, many red carpet shots of shorter Hollywood dudes with taller actresses/models on their arms. So, y'know, be successful. Be charming. Dress better. Who knows.

    However, I would warn against all the "wear boots" advice... It might work with the girls who are genuinely shorter than you already, but I'm also really uncomfortable dating anyone shorter than me. So if I was dating someone my height who suddenly turned out to be 4 inches shorter than me once we got home and took our shoes off, I would notice. And be... bothered. The boots thing might work if you're already with someone your height and she wants to wear heels without looking weird when you're tagged together in Facebook photos though... (personal experience.)

    kaliyama
  • HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Jeedan wrote: »
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    Jeedan wrote: »
    Ok you know what give mentally with women. Even the short girls want six foot guys fine, they want be able to say to short guys to suck it up when they could be well a fat cow due to treating their bodies like shit and still get all the support in the world and even support groups popping up from them fine.

    However the one thing that hasn't been able to stop pissing me off is the fact I'm constantly blow off for something I can't change without crippling surgery, and I'm told I'm not allowed to be bitter about it.

    You don't have to shave your legs, wear make up, learn to walk in heels, wear a push up bra, co ordinate your underwear, worry about cellulite, wear extensions, skip dessert, shave your armpits, show some skin but oh shit not too much skin, fuckin WAX, bleach your facial hair, get an eating disorder, pluck your eyebrows, keep fit but not muscular because muscles are gross, put your body back into shape after pregnancy, or plan to account for the fact you're going to bleed from your genitals every month until youre grey. So yes, how about you stop being bitter about it.

    Show me which one of those things is a must have for all girls, because I have dated women who have not observed at least two entries on that list each, and we got on just fine.

    Show me where its a must have that all guys be plus six foot. Because that's the point I'm responding to.

    Plus six foot? No. Plus inches? Yes.

  • CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    Here's a good reason not to be bitter about shit you can't control like other people's preferences.

    Being bitter is highly unattractive regardless of your other physical or personality traits. Worry about the things that are within your power to effect.

    :so_raven:
    redxJeedanAngelinaMr Ray
  • PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Objection.gif
    godot_by_soak1111-d5pfgmj.jpg

  • HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Corvus wrote: »
    Here's a good reason not to be bitter about shit you can't control like other people's preferences.

    Being bitter is highly unattractive regardless of your other physical or personality traits. Worry about the things that are within your power to effect.

    Something like that isn't within everyone's reach. Check your height privilege, bro.

  • LilnoobsLilnoobs Alpha Queue Registered User regular
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    Jeedan wrote: »
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    Jeedan wrote: »
    Ok you know what give mentally with women. Even the short girls want six foot guys fine, they want be able to say to short guys to suck it up when they could be well a fat cow due to treating their bodies like shit and still get all the support in the world and even support groups popping up from them fine.

    However the one thing that hasn't been able to stop pissing me off is the fact I'm constantly blow off for something I can't change without crippling surgery, and I'm told I'm not allowed to be bitter about it.

    You don't have to shave your legs, wear make up, learn to walk in heels, wear a push up bra, co ordinate your underwear, worry about cellulite, wear extensions, skip dessert, shave your armpits, show some skin but oh shit not too much skin, fuckin WAX, bleach your facial hair, get an eating disorder, pluck your eyebrows, keep fit but not muscular because muscles are gross, put your body back into shape after pregnancy, or plan to account for the fact you're going to bleed from your genitals every month until youre grey. So yes, how about you stop being bitter about it.

    Show me which one of those things is a must have for all girls, because I have dated women who have not observed at least two entries on that list each, and we got on just fine.

    Show me where its a must have that all guys be plus six foot. Because that's the point I'm responding to.

    Plus six foot? No. Plus inches? Yes.

    Like, this was the last sentence of the abstract.
    We conclude that while preferences for partner height generally translate into actual pairing, they do so only modestly.

    Couldn't be bothered to read the whole paragraph?

  • CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    Corvus wrote: »
    Here's a good reason not to be bitter about shit you can't control like other people's preferences.

    Being bitter is highly unattractive regardless of your other physical or personality traits. Worry about the things that are within your power to effect.

    Something like that isn't within everyone's reach. Check your height privilege, bro.

    I'm 5 ft 8, so...

    :so_raven:
  • HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Lilnoobs wrote: »
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    Jeedan wrote: »
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    Jeedan wrote: »
    Ok you know what give mentally with women. Even the short girls want six foot guys fine, they want be able to say to short guys to suck it up when they could be well a fat cow due to treating their bodies like shit and still get all the support in the world and even support groups popping up from them fine.

    However the one thing that hasn't been able to stop pissing me off is the fact I'm constantly blow off for something I can't change without crippling surgery, and I'm told I'm not allowed to be bitter about it.

    You don't have to shave your legs, wear make up, learn to walk in heels, wear a push up bra, co ordinate your underwear, worry about cellulite, wear extensions, skip dessert, shave your armpits, show some skin but oh shit not too much skin, fuckin WAX, bleach your facial hair, get an eating disorder, pluck your eyebrows, keep fit but not muscular because muscles are gross, put your body back into shape after pregnancy, or plan to account for the fact you're going to bleed from your genitals every month until youre grey. So yes, how about you stop being bitter about it.

    Show me which one of those things is a must have for all girls, because I have dated women who have not observed at least two entries on that list each, and we got on just fine.

    Show me where its a must have that all guys be plus six foot. Because that's the point I'm responding to.

    Plus six foot? No. Plus inches? Yes.

    Like, this was the last sentence of the abstract.
    We conclude that while preferences for partner height generally translate into actual pairing, they do so only modestly.

    Couldn't be bothered to read the whole paragraph?

    Way to ignore the findings of the study, bro.

  • HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    I feel it prudent to point out that I've been on both sides of this particular fence. Grew up being the shortest, finished my developmental years as one of the tallest. Short guys have it rough. Super rough if they're 5'7" or shorter. Now standing 6'3", I feel I have a perspective few people can really appreciate unless they've lived it.

    kaliyama
  • OrganichuOrganichu jacobkosh Registered User regular
    i'm 8 feet tall

  • HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    [Citation Needed]

  • OrganichuOrganichu jacobkosh Registered User regular
    i am 6'1"

    :x

  • redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    I'm 5-10 5-11 depending on which boots I'm wearing.

    This machine kills threads.
  • OrganichuOrganichu jacobkosh Registered User regular
    i reactivated my profile to look at angelina's thing

    now i am browsing profiles

    there are lots of new people, actually

    scratching my chin

    wazilla
  • HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Every now and again I entertain the idea of reactivating my profile. Then I remember how much I suck and fail at all things romance and I don't.

    wazillaforty
  • darklite_xdarklite_x I'm not an r-tard... Registered User regular
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    Every now and again I entertain the idea of reactivating my profile. Then I remember how much I suck and fail at all things romance and I don't.

    That's the spirit!

    Steam ID: darklite_x Xbox Gamertag: Darklite 37 PSN:Rage_Kage_37 Battle.Net:darklite#2197
    rizHacksawPLAAngelinaDark Raven Xwazillaforty
  • hsuhsu Registered User regular
    riz wrote: »
    The boots thing might work if you're already with someone your height and she wants to wear heels without looking weird when you're tagged together in Facebook photos though... (personal experience.)
    Heels are the reason for the boots.

    The average girl is something like 6 inches shorter than the average guy. So a short guy is typically still taller than most girls. Except when the girl is wearing heels. So that's what boots are for: to counteract heels.

    iTNdmYl.png
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I think the height thing is a lie as I am 6'9" I tend to tower over most people. Some of the women I have dated thought it was awesome they could stil wear heals around me and still not be as tall

    I really could care less about my account since I rarely got messages and never meet anyone from there

  • rizriz Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    hsu wrote: »
    riz wrote: »
    The boots thing might work if you're already with someone your height and she wants to wear heels without looking weird when you're tagged together in Facebook photos though... (personal experience.)
    Heels are the reason for the boots.

    The average girl is something like 6 inches shorter than the average guy. So a short guy is typically still taller than most girls. Except when the girl is wearing heels. So that's what boots are for: to counteract heels.

    Well yeah but that's assuming girls are going to be wearing heels all the time ever. Some of us go on first dates in something other than stilettos! (The original post was complaining about a girl arriving for a first date and rejecting him based on his height. Her footwear wasn't disclosed, I think. And I was under the impression he was actually shorter than average, not just "not 6'4 like she wanted"...)

    riz on
  • kaliyamakaliyama Left to find less-moderated fora Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    LadyM wrote: »
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    Show me which one of those things is a must have for all girls, because I have dated women who have not observed at least two entries on that list each, and we got on just fine.

    Women don't "have to", but a woman who doesn't shave her legs, wear makeup, and bleach facial hair will have a smaller dating pool.
    kaliyama wrote: »
    Women on the whole seem to be as picky about height as men are about weight, and you're right that it's mostly an immutable characteristic. It's hugely unfair and it reflects badly on women.

    It's not fair that trans people get crossed off a lot of people's dating lists for being trans but some people are just not attracted to trans folks. And although that sucks, I don't think it "reflects badly" on anyone (except the ones who are actually transphobic). People are attracted to what they're attracted to.

    Look, I know it sucks to be short when a lot of women want a taller guy, but I don't appreciate this "women are just so SHALLOW or crazy maybe" vibe I'm getting here. It's not shallow to want to be attracted to your date, and a lot of women find height a factor in attraction. Personally, I would not mind dating a guy the same height as me or maybe an inch shorter. More than an inch and I am not interested. It feels "wrong". (Not morally wrong obviously, but awkward-awkward wrong.) Maybe with intensive therapy I could get over this feeling, oh hey or I could just date guys taller than that height, how about that.

    (I actually feel the same way about the ladies, I don't mind being a little taller, but I don't want to tower over my date.)

    Yes, but the point is the height stuff for women is as socially constructed as the weight stuff is for men. Any social justice-y critique of how society constructs women's body self-images applies equally to men and height. The point is that it shouldn't feel wrong if a guy is shorter than you, even though it does.

    I also think transphobia reflects badly on anybody who is transphobic. That's a whole nother discussion.

    As for me, I only find men/women with a BMI of 18 or less or so attractive most of the time. That too is INCREDIBLY MESSED UP. But that's how we get constituted. Of course nobody should force themselves to date somebody they find unattractive to do broader social justice, but just because we have little power to change how society has structured our attractions doesn't mean we can't condemn it and try to change what is sexy for future generations.

    Race is a good example of this historically - decades ago people were told that finding people of other races were attractive. But efforts at societal change were successful, at least in part, and made interracial romance less problematic and more prevalent.

    kaliyama on
    fwKS7.png?1
  • LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Registered User regular
    Angelina wrote: »

    I'm astonished that a person is like this. I couldn't even think about propositioning someone that I just met.

    Every day. Every day.

    That is so weird. Not only because it doesn't ever happen to me (Somehow the ladies are not just tripping over themselves to get a piece of this), but because I just can't fathom doing something like that. I mean, it takes me a lot of psyching up just to get to a point where I can talk to a decently attractive girl. I certainly can't lead off with "hey lets you and me slap our good bits together"

    "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    i'm 8 feet tall

    I thought it was 8 feet long.

    Y'know....long

    "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    darklite_x wrote: »
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    Every now and again I entertain the idea of reactivating my profile. Then I remember how much I suck and fail at all things romance and I don't.

    That's the spirit!

    Better than the alternative: failing to attract a mate and then drinking profusely to water down my shame. Depression and self loathing follows suit.

    wazilla
  • LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Registered User regular
    riz wrote: »
    hsu wrote: »
    riz wrote: »
    The boots thing might work if you're already with someone your height and she wants to wear heels without looking weird when you're tagged together in Facebook photos though... (personal experience.)
    Heels are the reason for the boots.

    The average girl is something like 6 inches shorter than the average guy. So a short guy is typically still taller than most girls. Except when the girl is wearing heels. So that's what boots are for: to counteract heels.

    Well yeah but that's assuming girls are going to be wearing heels all the time ever. Some of us go on first dates in something other than stilettos! (The original post was complaining about a girl arriving for a first date and rejecting him based on his height. Her footwear wasn't disclosed, I think. And I was under the impression he was actually shorter than average, not just "not 6'4 like she wanted"...)

    Bullshit.

    You're wearing heels right now aren't you?

    You wear them when you sleep! I'm on to you

    "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • darklite_xdarklite_x I'm not an r-tard... Registered User regular
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    darklite_x wrote: »
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    Every now and again I entertain the idea of reactivating my profile. Then I remember how much I suck and fail at all things romance and I don't.

    That's the spirit!

    Better than the alternative: failing to attract a mate and then drinking profusely to water down my shame. Depression and self loathing follows suit.

    Is it though? Let me tell you right now, all those people that tell you alcoholism is a disease are quitters. I mean, really, does it matter if a woman brings you happiness or a bottle, as long as you're happy? Keep hope alive.

    Steam ID: darklite_x Xbox Gamertag: Darklite 37 PSN:Rage_Kage_37 Battle.Net:darklite#2197
  • LadyMLadyM Registered User regular
    What about booze in a Mrs. Butterworth container? Then it's a bottle AND a woman!

    TehSpectre
  • HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    darklite_x wrote: »
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    darklite_x wrote: »
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    Every now and again I entertain the idea of reactivating my profile. Then I remember how much I suck and fail at all things romance and I don't.

    That's the spirit!

    Better than the alternative: failing to attract a mate and then drinking profusely to water down my shame. Depression and self loathing follows suit.

    Is it though? Let me tell you right now, all those people that tell you alcoholism is a disease are quitters. I mean, really, does it matter if a woman brings you happiness or a bottle, as long as you're happy? Keep hope alive.

    I'm certainly keeping the Jack Daniels brewery alive, that's for damn sure.

  • N1tSt4lkerN1tSt4lker Registered User regular
    kaliyama wrote: »
    LadyM wrote: »
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    Show me which one of those things is a must have for all girls, because I have dated women who have not observed at least two entries on that list each, and we got on just fine.

    Women don't "have to", but a woman who doesn't shave her legs, wear makeup, and bleach facial hair will have a smaller dating pool.
    kaliyama wrote: »
    Women on the whole seem to be as picky about height as men are about weight, and you're right that it's mostly an immutable characteristic. It's hugely unfair and it reflects badly on women.

    It's not fair that trans people get crossed off a lot of people's dating lists for being trans but some people are just not attracted to trans folks. And although that sucks, I don't think it "reflects badly" on anyone (except the ones who are actually transphobic). People are attracted to what they're attracted to.

    Look, I know it sucks to be short when a lot of women want a taller guy, but I don't appreciate this "women are just so SHALLOW or crazy maybe" vibe I'm getting here. It's not shallow to want to be attracted to your date, and a lot of women find height a factor in attraction. Personally, I would not mind dating a guy the same height as me or maybe an inch shorter. More than an inch and I am not interested. It feels "wrong". (Not morally wrong obviously, but awkward-awkward wrong.) Maybe with intensive therapy I could get over this feeling, oh hey or I could just date guys taller than that height, how about that.

    (I actually feel the same way about the ladies, I don't mind being a little taller, but I don't want to tower over my date.)

    Yes, but the point is the height stuff for women is as socially constructed as the weight stuff is for men. Any social justice-y critique of how society constructs women's body self-images applies equally to men and height. The point is that it shouldn't feel wrong if a guy is shorter than you, even though it does.

    I also think transphobia reflects badly on anybody who is transphobic. That's a whole nother discussion.

    As for me, I only find men/women with a BMI of 18 or less or so attractive most of the time. That too is INCREDIBLY MESSED UP. But that's how we get constituted. Of course nobody should force themselves to date somebody they find unattractive to do broader social justice, but just because we have little power to change how society has structured our attractions doesn't mean we can't condemn it and try to change what is sexy for future generations.

    Race is a good example of this historically - decades ago people were told that finding people of other races were attractive. But efforts at societal change were successful, at least in part, and made interracial romance less problematic and more prevalent.

    Actually, some of us feel awkward dating shorter guys because it reminds of how awkward we felt most of middle school and high school being taller than all the guys. It doesn't feel wrong to me because society tells me I'm not supposed to date shorter guys; it feels wrong to me because it makes me feel like a gawky 13 year old again. Also, i teach elementary school, so that adds a whole other weird to it. I acknowledge that there are plenty of shorter men who are very sexy. I don't find short men innately not attractive. I do find it terribly awkward to actually date them, and even attempting to do so, I know from experience, is going to be a waste of both of our time. I've tried. I can't get past the gawky feeling. So for some of us it isn't just a matter of "Oh, short men aren't as attractive as tall men." And it isn't really something that will be eradicated by changing the parameters of attractiveness unless you can also fix the awkward gawky feeling that young girls experience at being several inches taller than all guys for several important years.

    Now all that said, I will certainly state that the manner in which the girl who started this discussion handled the situation was terribly tacky. Have the date; move on. Don't be dismissive about it and leave. Then I do have to wonder, if height is a thing for her, I would have expected her to look specifically at that on a guy's profile. Is it not on the profile? Is it not accurate?

    rizLadyM
  • PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    I feel it prudent to point out that I've been on both sides of this particular fence. Grew up being the shortest, finished my developmental years as one of the tallest. Short guys have it rough. Super rough if they're 5'7" or shorter. Now standing 6'3", I feel I have a perspective few people can really appreciate unless they've lived it.

    Grew up with a guy who was the shortest until he was suddenly average. He tried to glare you to death if you even mentioned shortness.

    Hacksaw wrote: »
    darklite_x wrote: »
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    Every now and again I entertain the idea of reactivating my profile. Then I remember how much I suck and fail at all things romance and I don't.

    That's the spirit!

    Better than the alternative: failing to attract a mate and then drinking profusely to water down my shame. Depression and self loathing follows suit.

    Oh, I'm already selfloathing, so that's not it for me. I'm just scared of strangers.

  • AngelinaAngelina Registered User regular
    I should not be allowed to speak to men in real life. Back to the creepy messages!

  • hsuhsu Registered User regular
    kaliyama wrote: »
    As for me, I only find men/women with a BMI of 18 or less or so attractive most of the time.
    Speaking of preferences, I would think that an 18 BMI guy would be considered too skinny for the vast majority of heterosexual women.

    When women think skinny, they don't think marathon runner skinny. Instead they think UFC fighter skinny, which is really a 24-25 BMI guy, but with a low bodyfat percentage. Or at least that's been my experience.

    iTNdmYl.png
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    Angelina wrote: »
    I should not be allowed to speak to men in real life. Back to the creepy messages!
    The thread demands awkward date stories!

    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    N1tSt4lker
  • AngelinaAngelina Registered User regular
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    Angelina wrote: »
    I should not be allowed to speak to men in real life. Back to the creepy messages!
    The thread demands awkward date stories!

    No date! Just me watching a gig, going up to the guy after it and getting his number. Texting him all night, going round his, and then terrible times. Plus he was so young! Younger than the guy who I told to stop touching me on the dance floor as "I probably could have given birth to you" I think was the phrase I used. I should not be allowed outside.

  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    Angelina wrote: »
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    Angelina wrote: »
    I should not be allowed to speak to men in real life. Back to the creepy messages!
    The thread demands awkward date stories!

    No date! Just me watching a gig, going up to the guy after it and getting his number. Texting him all night, going round his, and then terrible times. Plus he was so young! Younger than the guy who I told to stop touching me on the dance floor as "I probably could have given birth to you" I think was the phrase I used. I should not be allowed outside.
    Hahah, that is an amazing shutdown.

    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • AngelinaAngelina Registered User regular
    I am not a subtle lady! I'm now looking at last night's guy's youtube videos and trying to work out his age. Next time I want a form of ID.

    I keep getting guys adding me to their favourites and then never contacting me, I find it weird.

  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I add people to my favourites so I can remember to look at the profile again and send a message sadly most of the time when I go back these women have deleted thier accounts

    I have been asked for ID on a date it felt odd and really forced

  • KruiteKruite Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    misspost

    Kruite on
  • LilnoobsLilnoobs Alpha Queue Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    Lilnoobs wrote: »
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    Jeedan wrote: »
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    Jeedan wrote: »
    Ok you know what give mentally with women. Even the short girls want six foot guys fine, they want be able to say to short guys to suck it up when they could be well a fat cow due to treating their bodies like shit and still get all the support in the world and even support groups popping up from them fine.

    However the one thing that hasn't been able to stop pissing me off is the fact I'm constantly blow off for something I can't change without crippling surgery, and I'm told I'm not allowed to be bitter about it.

    You don't have to shave your legs, wear make up, learn to walk in heels, wear a push up bra, co ordinate your underwear, worry about cellulite, wear extensions, skip dessert, shave your armpits, show some skin but oh shit not too much skin, fuckin WAX, bleach your facial hair, get an eating disorder, pluck your eyebrows, keep fit but not muscular because muscles are gross, put your body back into shape after pregnancy, or plan to account for the fact you're going to bleed from your genitals every month until youre grey. So yes, how about you stop being bitter about it.

    Show me which one of those things is a must have for all girls, because I have dated women who have not observed at least two entries on that list each, and we got on just fine.

    Show me where its a must have that all guys be plus six foot. Because that's the point I'm responding to.


    Plus six foot? No. Plus inches? Yes.


    Like, this was the last sentence of the abstract.
    We conclude that while preferences for partner height generally translate into actual pairing, they do so only modestly.

    Couldn't be bothered to read the whole paragraph?

    Way to ignore the findings of the study, bro.

    And those are? Quote me it, because right now I just think you can't read.

    To clarify, I'm responding to your post that you say men must be taller than women in order for women to find the men attractive. I've bolded the relevant parts in the quote tree above. Nowhere does the study say that "inches" is a must; in fact, the study and "findings" say the impact of height is lower than previously thought and only matter somewhat. That is completely different than what you are trying to say the study says, which is misleading at best and a complete fabrication at worst.

    Lilnoobs on
This discussion has been closed.