As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[NHL] Thread; Wearing Adam Pardy's Helmet

• BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    Also; I'll trade Danny Briere for a bag of pucks, if anyone wants him.

• CleonicusCleonicus Registered User regular
    I love that people blame Bryz for being an overrated goalie. Considering he did well in Anaheim and Phoenix, I'm tempted to think that he might not be the problem in Philly.

Debate 'n' DeHockey team: Astronauts
  • downerdowner Registered User regular
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    Also; I'll trade Danny Briere for a bag of pucks, if anyone wants him.
    I'll trade you Dany Heatley for him.. He's about as useful.

Deal.

• quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    Apparently, according to a "very reliable source" next season might be Pavel Datsyuk's last in Detroit because he wants to go back to Russia and apparently avoid the Eastern Conference? While it's not impossible to believe, nothing is going to happen until it happens. I remember hearing for years and years and years that Nick Lidstrom was going to leave the Wings and head back to Sweden and that obviously never happened. So, until Datsyuk hops on a plane to Russia, I refuse to believe it.

That being said, if this is true, oh boy are the Wings going to suck in a few years.....Back to the "Dead Things" era

• OSUJumpManOSUJumpMan Registered User regular
    He certainly seemed to enjoy himself in the KHL. I get the going home part, I don't get avoiding the East.

camo_sig2.png
    NHL realignment has been approved.

• saint2esaint2e Registered User regular
    I like it. I'm sure, like anything, it will have it's up sides and down sides, but I think the up sides outweigh the down.

banner_160x60_01.gif
    edited March 2013
    Since I'm no longer posting from my phone, I'll throw this in here, too.

realign_img.jpg

So I guess Boston will be making the playoffs for the next 15 years or so.

Burtletoy on
  • shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular

...and Calgary will never make the playoffs again.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
    shalmelo wrote: »

You guys get so hung up on recent success. It was only like 6 or 7 years ago that Boston was kind of awful AND Calgary was kind of great.

camo_sig2.png
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Hell, the Kings were pretty awful like a year ago, as I remember things.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    OSUJumpMan wrote: »

You guys get so hung up on recent success. It was only like 6 or 7 years ago that Boston was kind of awful AND Calgary was kind of great.

Wellllllllllllll

Calgary didn't do much more than make the playoffs for a few years. They were great for '04. They were mediocre the rest of the time and shit for the past few years. :P

• shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    OSUJumpMan wrote: »

A) It's called hyperbole

B) Take a look at Calgary's roster for a minute. It would take multiple great offseasons to dig out of that hole, even if they were staying in the godawful NW division, and the increase in difficulty of the new division isn't going to make things any easier.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    So it's top 3 per division plus 2 wildcards right?

I guess we'll see how the next two seasons go. Unless something changed, the NHLPA gets to revote after 2015 if they want to keep it or not. I'm wondering if that two year period was agreed to by the league because of plans to move a team to the west, or otherwise expand the league?

ie: if the Columbus Bluejackets become the Seattle Grungecoffees then we'd have even conferences.

Dissociater on
  • JayrichoJayricho Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular

ie: if the Columbus Bluejackets become the Seattle Grungecoffees then we'd have even conferences.

Until Phoenix moves to Quebec. :P

edited March 2013
    I'm not saying "look out for Calgary, they're ready to win it all any year now." If I was, I'm sure I could get a job in the front office there.

I'm just saying that sometimes rosters turn over REALLY quickly and several middle round picks can all hit at once. And sometimes several players lose their game all at once. Sometimes a beloved player on a long-term deal wants out, and sometimes a beloved player on a long-term deal gets swapped for a couple of kids that don't work out. Shit happens and preposing that somehow the new divisions have locked anybody into a permanent playoff spot like it's fucking 1984 is utter goosery.

Edit: And Columbus isn't fucking going anywhere. They literally have a contract with the city that forces them to stay in Columbus for the next 12-13 years.

OSUJumpMan on
    camo_sig2.png
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    I suspect we'll have two expansion teams, and Phoenix and Florida will end up getting relocated, with the four new cities being Seattle, somewhere in the center of the country (Kansas City ish), Quebec, and Toronto getting a second team. Colorado ends up getting bumped Pacific, KC is central, Detroit goes back to Central, Tampa Bay goes Atlantic, and Quebec and Toronto 2 are in Northeast. Still fits the "no division is more than 2 time zones" thing, Detroit and Chicago are back together, and two of the poorer teams from financial solvency standpoint are in areas which seem more fertile.

This is based on absolutely nothing, and probably also has ten billion problems with it, but in my head as I sketch it out, it seems to work.

Flordia just got new ownership last season.

I don't see them moving anywhere soon.

Also, Kansas City will never have an NHL team, unless they are also a basketball team.

As someone who lives 40min away from Kansas City and has seen multiple Preseason NHL games in the Sprint Center.

• mr_michmr_mich Mmmmagic. MDRegistered User regular
    Does anyone use GCL on the 360? Every time I open it, they tell me to re-authenticate my account. It's pretty god-damn obnoxious on an xbox.

• DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    I think I would be happy if Healy never did colour for a game again. He's the worst.

Scrivens goalie mask is really fucking sweet looking.

Holy Shit, Crosby

Watching TSN right now and Pierre LeBrun thinks the Kings are going to make a run at Iginla with Bernier as the major piece.

• CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    Calgary being in a tougher division is a good thing for Flames fans, because it may finally pound in to your management and ownership's heads that their team is crap, and they need to burn it down, stock up their system and reboot.

I'll kind of miss the Avs as there used to be a decent Van-Colorado rivalry, but I'll take losing them and the Wild for more games in the same time zone.

:so_raven:
    At what point did Chris Stewart start giving a shit?

• enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Jayricho wrote: »
    At what point did Chris Stewart start giving a shit?

Contract year.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    7 goals in two periods between Canucks and Preds. Madness!

:so_raven:
  • MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    The latest on Vancouver's goaltending controversy. Its getting ugly, folkes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnCCaAYtqbc&feature=player_embedded

3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
    Cory Schneider has devastatingly blue eyes. That's all I remember now.

camo_sig2.png
    edited March 2013
    lol that was a 11 goal game with Nashville.

Matrias on
  • BlendtecBlendtec Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    I had Steen on IR. ESPN decided I couldn't take him off it until the game started and he was on the ice, so it only counts for tomorrow. Of course he has a 3 point game.

That Columbus/Chicago game was super exciting. Where have these Jackets been the past few years?

Blendtec on
    Watching Rick Nash.

camo_sig2.png
    So all the Wild needed to do to score some goals was have a back to back series with the Avs. Season high goals for in two games straight.

• DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    I briefly switched over to the game from something else I was watching and saw it was 3-0 barely 10 minutes into the first... and switched back.

God dammit Avs.

• facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Wait, you mean your team doesn't routinely come back from three goal deficits?

Signed, a Penguins fan

facetious on
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    (That honestly wasn't meant to come off as arrogant, more a kind of baffled bewilderment at what our team has been doing lately.)

(I feel your pain, honest.)

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
    edited March 2013
    holy crap, what is Tarasenko doing in FA pile, guys?

Matrias on
    edited March 2013
    Having a poor season and a concussion?

Edit: In his last ten games, he has 3 points, ATOI of less than 14min, and only 13 shots.

I dropped him before the concussion in my other league (as did the majority of his owners in ESPN, iirc)

Burtletoy on
  • DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    facetious wrote: »
    Wait, you mean your team doesn't routinely come back from three goal deficits?

Signed, a Penguins fan

I am sort of surprised that the final score ended up being 6-4, but still the same result as the other night.