Options

Fire Emblem: Thread is done.

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Hrm. Is auto-equip only in normal mode? I've only ever played on Hard and Lunatic, and while curious I was never able to make the auto-equip button do anything. But yes, it's wrong, you should micro-manage everything. Everything.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Gundi wrote: »
    Hrm. Is auto-equip only in normal mode? I've only ever played on Hard and Lunatic, and while curious I was never able to make the auto-equip button do anything. But yes, it's wrong, you should micro-manage everything. Everything.

I'm guessing we are talking about the "optimize" option in the inventory menu. Access it by pressing the L button. You'll also find the stupidly useful "restock all" feature. A life-saver once you get going in the game.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    I suppose I would find it useful if I bought weapons in bulk. Right now though everybody is using different ranks of different weapons, and it's just easier to stock up individually.

I really wish there was just one giant store that sold everything, rather than this stupid segregated crap. Just makes buying stuff that much harder.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    I've tried that. I've never been able to do anything with it. Not that I think I'd use it all that much.

On an unrelated note, Gregor and Panne's support conversations are absolutely hilarious.
    Gregor is always ready for friendly cuddling!
    Second, I've never particularly liked Maribelle but...
    Brady more than makes up for her.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Ok, how do I fight streetpass teams? I thought I was seeing my friend's team but I talked with him and turns out he has been seeing the same team as me (no idea where it's coming from - leader was named "Arwen"). Neither of us have seen each other's teams. Is this accessed via the menus somewhere? (like how Bonus Box summons the teams to the map)

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Ok, how do I fight streetpass teams? I thought I was seeing my friend's team but I talked with him and turns out he has been seeing the same team as me (no idea where it's coming from - leader was named "Arwen"). Neither of us have seen each other's teams. Is this accessed via the menus somewhere? (like how Bonus Box summons the teams to the map)

Streetpass teams should show up on the map. You need to parlay and then you should have the option to fight them.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Sup guys. Why is that one blindfolded character in the op picture flying the wrong way. Did they get lost?

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    Dahkath wrote: »
    So, I got through the first 4 maps with little issue, but now that they've thrown me into the open world, I've noticed they just unlocked in game systems (inventory, shops, etc) basically all at once, with less tutorial/description then the previous missions.

Would anyone have some tips on proper inventory management? Seems like each melee person should have a weapon of each type, to counteract the Rock/Paper/Scissors combat system, but I'm not 100% sure about it. The inventory system seems a bit convoluted when it comes to managing 10+ heroes equipment. I've had 2 or 3 restarts because I sent some units into combat without a single weapon (totally my fault, I know!)

If you look at the little info slide on each character and check the bottom left of the screen, you'll see little pictures that show what weapons that person can use and what rank. Assuming you're on Normal, and you're still in the beginning where money is a bit tight, I'd just give everyone a Bronze weapon for each of those proficiencies. For your healers, just give them each a Heal staff (you can upgrade to a Mend staff if you want to) and give either a Fire or Wind tome to each caster. Then give Vulneraries to your healers and units that you expect to take a lot of damage.

You've probably picked up a Hammer by now. Make sure someone you use regularly has it in their inventory, because in the early game that's the best way to handle heavy armored units like Knights. If you tap on a weapon like the Hammer or Wind tome it'll bring up a quick description, along with a little picture showing if it's super effective against something. By checking the unit info slides on enemy characters, you can see which units have those attributes (they'll be in the upper right-hand corner). For example, bows and Wind tomes are all very effective against flying units, so make sure you bring them to bear against enemy pegasus knights and wyvern riders.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Sup guys. Why is that one blindfolded character in the op picture flying the wrong way. Did they get lost?
    He was using Apple Maps.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    I really enjoy kellam's placement on that op art

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    ScudMuffinScudMuffin MarylandRegistered User regular
    So can someone tell me if forging is beneficial ... and how to do it well if it is?

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    Pity I don't have a 3DS cos looking up Kellam and that op picture really made me want it.

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    Pity I don't have a 3DS cos looking up Kellam and that op picture really made me want it.

There's an easy fix for that you know...

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    3d gives me a headache and I don't want it enough to buy whats effectively just a ds upgrade.
    It's more of a "If I had it, I woulda bought it" thing and...that's it.
    What's the DS one like. I have a DS. Finding the gameboy advance ones would be more or less impossible here. I don't ever remember seeing fire emblem in a shop here at all come to think of it.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    skeldare wrote: »

Streetpass teams should show up on the map. You need to parlay and then you should have the option to fight them.

See that's what I thought, but they aren't - or at least, my friend's isn't (and he isn't seeing mine).

If he's farther in the game than me, would it maybe not show up because it wants to show on a later chapter?

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    3d gives me a headache and I don't want it enough to buy whats effectively just a ds upgrade.
    What's the DS one like. I have a DS.

All I'm hearing is excuses.

The DS game is not as good as Awakening.

You owe it to yourself and the world to play it.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    ChorazinChorazin Lancaster, PARegistered User regular
    edited February 2013

See that's what I thought, but they aren't - or at least, my friend's isn't (and he isn't seeing mine).

If he's farther in the game than me, would it maybe not show up because it wants to show on a later chapter?

Have you two actually gone into Wireless and set up your StreetPass armies and activated them?

Chorazin on
    Twitter//@chorazin
    Google+//http://gplus.to/chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    3DS Friend Code: 3823 8527 9997
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • Options
    What's the DS one like. I have a DS.

All I'm hearing is excuses.

The DS game is not as good as Awakening.

You owe it to yourself and the world to play it.

I approve of this attitude.

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    What's the DS one like. I have a DS. Finding the gameboy advance ones would be more or less impossible here. I don't ever remember seeing fire emblem in a shop here at all come to think of it.

Leave the 3D off. You are not buying a DS upgrade, you are buying access to excellent games like Fire Emblem.

The DS one is the worst of the games released in English.

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    You know what needs to happen? You know who needs to be in the next Smash Bros. Donnel. That's who.

(She/Her)
  • Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    That would be unfair to all the other fighters

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    Oniros25Oniros25 Registered User regular
    eelektrik wrote: »
    You know what needs to happen? You know who needs to be in the next Smash Bros. Donnel. That's who.

I think I would prefer Henry actually. That little sadist cracks me up.

Nintendo Network ID: Oniros
    3DS Friend Code: 1461-7489-3097
  • Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    I am enjoying messing with the silly descriptors on the streetpass card

I am a craven dark knight who is also a crimean princess, how you doin'

• Options
    I just want them to either replace Marth with "Marth" or use a couple of alternative skins

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Also I did not notice Kellam was in that picture until he was brought up. I went and looked up his personality out of curiosity and had to "where's wally" search the picture to find him. It's very clever. You scan pictures like this for faces not bodies.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    "Marth" would also be my choice for appearing in the next Smash game.

• Options
    Ummmmm....what does it mean that Geth is "tracking" me? That sounds decidedly dangerous to my continued existance.

• Options
    BillmaanBillmaan Registered User regular
    edited February 2013

I think it may avoid giving you teams with characters you haven't met yet. This seems almost necessary, to avoid spoilage.

edit: oh, and the obvious choice for Smash Bros. is Owain.

Billmaan on
  • Options
    I don't think it avoids that, but I may be wrong. You may note that none of the character descriptions technically have any spoilers in them.

• Options
    I want Chrom and "Marth"

Gotta keep the pattern up

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Billmaan wrote: »

I think it may avoid giving you teams with characters you haven't met yet. This seems almost necessary, to avoid spoilage.

I doubt it. I've gotten other teams (not his) that have characters I haven't met in them. And yeah, I know I've at least setup my streetpass team and I'm pretty sure he has (he said he'd named it and such)

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular

I think I might slightly disagree with you. I'm not sure I want Owain to participate as a playable character. However, putting him as the play by play commentator during battles? Sold!

• Options
    Also to get streetpass teams you I think need to access the wireless menu?

• Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    OHAI new thread!

I knew I should wait, but I had to promote Miriel asap. I want in on this dark magic action.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »

Leave the 3D off. You are not buying a DS upgrade, you are buying access to excellent games like Fire Emblem.

The DS one is the worst of the games released in English.

As a alternate point: The 3D effect absolutely does not work on me. Therefore the 3DS is firmly just a DS upgrade for me.

There are enough fantastic games out there now to fully justify it on that front.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    I like the 3D... for about ten minutes. Then it starts to make me a little ill also. I keep it off most of the time. In a game like this, all it adds are some wowwee effects.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    BillmaanBillmaan Registered User regular
    I don't think it avoids that, but I may be wrong. You may note that none of the character descriptions technically have any spoilers in them.
    Well, it would still be a spoiler to run across
    Basilio. Arguably Lucina, too.

And come on, Owain would be perfect for Smash Bros. He's already named all his special moves and everything!

• Options
    Well, it would still be a spoiler to run across
    Basilio. Arguably Lucina, too.

And come on, Owain would be perfect for Smash Bros. He's already named all his special moves and everything!

Love that kid. He's a hoot.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Hm, does anyone have any clue what the release schedule for the DLC is like? I assumed some stuff would come out today, but it has not.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Knight_ wrote: »
    Hm, does anyone have any clue what the release schedule for the DLC is like? I assumed some stuff would come out today, but it has not.

It should be there. If you access the in game DLC shop, it should auto update.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA