As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Michigan Politics: Republican Judges No Longer In Majority

1555657585961»

Posts

  • zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    JaysonFour wrote: »

    How is the FBI not crawling in and out of this man's orifices for something like this? Just that Facebook quote ought to be enough to get him on the damn radar.

    His relationship with the terrorists that were trying to murder Whitmer definitely put him on the FBI radar already...I think / hope that the FBI is basically in the 'give him enough rope' part of the process where they want to make this a slam dunk before dropping a ton of bricks on him.

    And you can be assured that if he's this rotten politically he's also dirty as shit with campaign funds, embezzlement, and other general corruption. Give him some time and he'll end up in big boy prison.

    MorganVElvenshaemonikeriTunesIsEvilJaysonFourlwt1973FencingsaxHarry Dresden
  • JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    MI Senate Majority Leader Mike Shirkey: U.S. Capitol riots ‘a hoax’, says Mitch McConnell was in on it

    Just when you thought they couldn’t dig down any deeper, down they go. They have the fucker on tape making these remarks, as well as some sexual remarks about Governor Whitmer. This particular shithead is also responsible for Michigan’s vaccine rollout being slow-rolled because he and his party buddies refuse to okay the distribution of federal funds unless Whitmer gives up the very powers keeping us safe and locked down from COVID.

    He’s offered an insincere apology for getting caught, but... yeah, this sure explains a lot. In any other time, this would be a career ender, but the kind of asswipe that pass for Republicans these days might just anoint the fucker as king.

    steam_sig.png
    monikerXaquinMorganVlwt1973Netscape
  • Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Mike Shirkey is a hoax

    JaysonFourElvenshae
  • MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    MI Senate Majority Leader Mike Shirkey: U.S. Capitol riots ‘a hoax’, says Mitch McConnell was in on it

    Just when you thought they couldn’t dig down any deeper, down they go. They have the fucker on tape making these remarks, as well as some sexual remarks about Governor Whitmer. This particular shithead is also responsible for Michigan’s vaccine rollout being slow-rolled because he and his party buddies refuse to okay the distribution of federal funds unless Whitmer gives up the very powers keeping us safe and locked down from COVID.

    He’s offered an insincere apology for getting caught, but... yeah, this sure explains a lot. In any other time, this would be a career ender, but the kind of asswipe that pass for Republicans these days might just anoint the fucker as king.

    And this is the problem with the federal Republicans wanting to be all "unity and time to move on now!".

    Yeah, as long as the state parties and their leadership continue to be jackholes on the matter (especially nearly all the states that were instrumental this time around), you can't really have unity.

    That the guy in impeachment to switch on constituionality has already been publicly rebuked by his state party, means the rot is going to continue to fester.

    Without the John Lewis named VRA, this shit, where gerrymandered dipshits control a lever of power are going to continue to be assholes, and a hindrance to "moving on".

    durandal4532JaysonFourJragghenElvenshaeFencingsaxNetscape
  • lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    MorganV wrote: »
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    MI Senate Majority Leader Mike Shirkey: U.S. Capitol riots ‘a hoax’, says Mitch McConnell was in on it

    Just when you thought they couldn’t dig down any deeper, down they go. They have the fucker on tape making these remarks, as well as some sexual remarks about Governor Whitmer. This particular shithead is also responsible for Michigan’s vaccine rollout being slow-rolled because he and his party buddies refuse to okay the distribution of federal funds unless Whitmer gives up the very powers keeping us safe and locked down from COVID.

    He’s offered an insincere apology for getting caught, but... yeah, this sure explains a lot. In any other time, this would be a career ender, but the kind of asswipe that pass for Republicans these days might just anoint the fucker as king.

    And this is the problem with the federal Republicans wanting to be all "unity and time to move on now!".

    Yeah, as long as the state parties and their leadership continue to be jackholes on the matter (especially nearly all the states that were instrumental this time around), you can't really have unity.

    That the guy in impeachment to switch on constituionality has already been publicly rebuked by his state party, means the rot is going to continue to fester.

    Without the John Lewis named VRA, this shit, where gerrymandered dipshits control a lever of power are going to continue to be assholes, and a hindrance to "moving on".

    It doesn't matter. He said he was sorry for the insensitive comments which is a joke. He won't go against the Trump types as he wants to win his primary and continue on in politics. If he disavowed the comments then he would be roasted in a primary by his opponent and the MAGA crowd would vote for his opponent. So he won't take anything back.

    "He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
    JaysonFour
  • JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    lwt1973 wrote: »
    MorganV wrote: »
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    MI Senate Majority Leader Mike Shirkey: U.S. Capitol riots ‘a hoax’, says Mitch McConnell was in on it

    Just when you thought they couldn’t dig down any deeper, down they go. They have the fucker on tape making these remarks, as well as some sexual remarks about Governor Whitmer. This particular shithead is also responsible for Michigan’s vaccine rollout being slow-rolled because he and his party buddies refuse to okay the distribution of federal funds unless Whitmer gives up the very powers keeping us safe and locked down from COVID.

    He’s offered an insincere apology for getting caught, but... yeah, this sure explains a lot. In any other time, this would be a career ender, but the kind of asswipe that pass for Republicans these days might just anoint the fucker as king.

    And this is the problem with the federal Republicans wanting to be all "unity and time to move on now!".

    Yeah, as long as the state parties and their leadership continue to be jackholes on the matter (especially nearly all the states that were instrumental this time around), you can't really have unity.

    That the guy in impeachment to switch on constituionality has already been publicly rebuked by his state party, means the rot is going to continue to fester.

    Without the John Lewis named VRA, this shit, where gerrymandered dipshits control a lever of power are going to continue to be assholes, and a hindrance to "moving on".

    It doesn't matter. He said he was sorry for the insensitive comments which is a joke. He won't go against the Trump types as he wants to win his primary and continue on in politics. If he disavowed the comments then he would be roasted in a primary by his opponent and the MAGA crowd would vote for his opponent. So he won't take anything back.

    Yeah, it just dropped that he got censured by the county-level GOP in Hillsdale county, one of the three he represents (along with Branch and Jackson counties) for... not doing enough to fight the reduction of Second Amendment rights (voting for the ban of open-carry weapons and guns in the state Capitol) and not doing enough to fight Gov. Whitmer’s “abuse of executive orders” on how she’s fighting the coronavirus epidemic. (Hillsdale is one of the most backwater conservative counties in the whole state-it rides the crack with Branch county over the northeast Indiana/northwest Ohio border intersection.)

    The state Democratic Party is screaming for him to resign; I expect it to do as much good as always- they’ll just treat it as a sign they did something cool if it pisses the Dems off that much... but there’s talk of an attempted recall election...

    steam_sig.png
  • MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    lwt1973 wrote: »
    MorganV wrote: »
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    MI Senate Majority Leader Mike Shirkey: U.S. Capitol riots ‘a hoax’, says Mitch McConnell was in on it

    Just when you thought they couldn’t dig down any deeper, down they go. They have the fucker on tape making these remarks, as well as some sexual remarks about Governor Whitmer. This particular shithead is also responsible for Michigan’s vaccine rollout being slow-rolled because he and his party buddies refuse to okay the distribution of federal funds unless Whitmer gives up the very powers keeping us safe and locked down from COVID.

    He’s offered an insincere apology for getting caught, but... yeah, this sure explains a lot. In any other time, this would be a career ender, but the kind of asswipe that pass for Republicans these days might just anoint the fucker as king.

    And this is the problem with the federal Republicans wanting to be all "unity and time to move on now!".

    Yeah, as long as the state parties and their leadership continue to be jackholes on the matter (especially nearly all the states that were instrumental this time around), you can't really have unity.

    That the guy in impeachment to switch on constituionality has already been publicly rebuked by his state party, means the rot is going to continue to fester.

    Without the John Lewis named VRA, this shit, where gerrymandered dipshits control a lever of power are going to continue to be assholes, and a hindrance to "moving on".

    It doesn't matter. He said he was sorry for the insensitive comments which is a joke. He won't go against the Trump types as he wants to win his primary and continue on in politics. If he disavowed the comments then he would be roasted in a primary by his opponent and the MAGA crowd would vote for his opponent. So he won't take anything back.

    It was more the gerrymandered bit, not the asshole part that I was wanting to emphasize.

    You can't control that some (read most) Republicans are raging assholes. You can, if you can get enough short term political will, make sure they're a constant minority (and you know how they hate those), by making the party have to represent ~50%+1 of the area they're responsible for. Some places are still going to be majority asshole, but as has been shown by their systematic electoral tampering, they know that it'll only be a very small number of places.

    I thought Michigan was gerrymandered as fuck. Or am I thinking Wisconsin? Maybe I should ask @enlightenedbum . Unless they're from Ohio. Or was it Indiana?

  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited February 10
    Michigan is less gerrymandered than Wisconsin in that Democrats can theoretically win the state legislature/Senate, but it requires like a 55-45 statewide win to do so. In Wisconsin Dems can win a majority of the popular vote and the GOP still gets a super majority. As a mathematical exercise, the Wisconsin map is incredible. And evil.

    enlightenedbum on
    Herbert Hoover got 40% of the vote in 1932. Friendly reminder.
    Warren 2020
    monikerButtersCelestialBadgerJaysonFourjkylefultonMoridin889shryke
  • lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    Michigan is less gerrymandered than Wisconsin in that Democrats can theoretically win the state legislature/Senate, but it requires like a 55-45 statewide win to do so. In Wisconsin Dems can win a majority of the popular vote and the GOP still gets a super majority. As a mathematical exercise, the Wisconsin map is incredible. And evil.

    When the next redistricting happens (who knows when the census will be certified) it should get better due to the state constitution amendment. The one that Republicans fought tooth and nail to get rid of.

    "He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
    monikerNetscape
  • ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    MI Senate Majority Leader Mike Shirkey: U.S. Capitol riots ‘a hoax’, says Mitch McConnell was in on it

    Just when you thought they couldn’t dig down any deeper, down they go. They have the fucker on tape making these remarks, as well as some sexual remarks about Governor Whitmer. This particular shithead is also responsible for Michigan’s vaccine rollout being slow-rolled because he and his party buddies refuse to okay the distribution of federal funds unless Whitmer gives up the very powers keeping us safe and locked down from COVID.

    He’s offered an insincere apology for getting caught, but... yeah, this sure explains a lot. In any other time, this would be a career ender, but the kind of asswipe that pass for Republicans these days might just anoint the fucker as king.

    The sexual remarks for me are almost more significant in that they show deep down under all the conspiracy theories and extremism these people are just fucking assholes. That’s the core of it, they’re all fucking pricks

    Special KmonikerJaysonFourElvenshaeMorganVBlackDragon480XaquinTicaldfjamFencingsaxNetscapepainfulPleasance
  • JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    "I did it, and it was awesome. But I should have used better language."

    Shirkey stands by his comments, walks back his pathetic, mealy-mouthed apology:

    In a private conversation with Democratic Lt. Gov. Garlin Gilchrist II on the Senate rostrum that was captured by the chamber's video feed, Senate Majority Leader Mike Shirkey said: "I frankly don't take back any of the points I was trying to make" but rather "some of the words I chose." He said the siege was "very real, but the assignment of cause — that was planned weeks and months in advance."

    So, yeah, pretty much business as usual, also makes mention of how he claimed the Republicans had "spanked her hard" on dealing with Gov. Whitmer on COVID-19 things, and older instances where he referred to the Governor as "batshit crazy" back in December. So, yeah, a real class act all round, emphasis on "ass".

    At least the furthermost we'll have to deal with this fucker is two more years; he term-limits out of the Senate in '22. Hopefully.

    steam_sig.png
    ProhassNetscape
  • ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited February 11
    if it was planned months in advance, then surely the trump administration still at the very very least failed to stop it, and encouraged it at every step. Woops ive accidently been supporting a terrorists agenda this whole time!

    As a tv lawyer mentioned on one of the cnn shows I think, just because you didnt invent the idea, doesnt mean you didnt incite it. Ie, someone could have the idea to attack the capital 4 weeks before, and if you say "you should attack the capital today!" and they do attack it that day, just because they had the idea before, and made plans for it, doesnt mean you still didnt incite the attack!

    this is all giving assholes like this too much credit tho. Its clear he did mean it was staged and a hoax and probably wouldve said it was antifa with a few more minutes of camera time

    Prohass on
    JaysonFourElvenshae
  • lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    Oh look, the census data is being delayed for several months so redistricting will be pushed back.
    The Census Bureau announced September 30 as its new target for releasing the numbers used in statehouses nationwide for the once-a-decade task of drawing new congressional districts.

    It usually is released in April so this is going to throw off a lot of states as there are laws stating it has to be done by the summer.

    Michigan's law states:
    The commission will use data from the 2020 federal decennial census and citizen input to determine district lines no later than November 1, 2021. These district plans will take effect prior to the 2022 primary and general elections.

    I'm guessing that's going to be pushed back as they can't do it in a day.

    "He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    lwt1973 wrote: »
    Oh look, the census data is being delayed for several months so redistricting will be pushed back.

    "The Census Bureau announced September 30 as its new target for releasing the numbers used in statehouses nationwide for the once-a-decade task of drawing new congressional districts."

    It usually is released in April so this is going to throw off a lot of states as there are laws stating it has to be done by the summer.

    Michigan's law states:

    "The commission will use data from the 2020 federal decennial census and citizen input to determine district lines no later than November 1, 2021. These district plans will take effect prior to the 2022 primary and general elections."

    I'm guessing that's going to be pushed back as they can't do it in a day.

    I think you mean a month and a day?

    Or do you have a Grandpa Simpson like refusal to acknowledge the month of October?

    Marge: "Grandpa, why are there only 49 stars on that flag?"
    Grandpa: "It'll be a cold day in hell before I recognize Missourah!"

    jkylefultonCaulk Bite 6
  • lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    MorganV wrote: »
    lwt1973 wrote: »
    Oh look, the census data is being delayed for several months so redistricting will be pushed back.

    "The Census Bureau announced September 30 as its new target for releasing the numbers used in statehouses nationwide for the once-a-decade task of drawing new congressional districts."

    It usually is released in April so this is going to throw off a lot of states as there are laws stating it has to be done by the summer.

    Michigan's law states:

    "The commission will use data from the 2020 federal decennial census and citizen input to determine district lines no later than November 1, 2021. These district plans will take effect prior to the 2022 primary and general elections."

    I'm guessing that's going to be pushed back as they can't do it in a day.

    I think you mean a month and a day?

    Or do you have a Grandpa Simpson like refusal to acknowledge the month of October?

    Marge: "Grandpa, why are there only 49 stars on that flag?"
    Grandpa: "It'll be a cold day in hell before I recognize Missourah!"

    Who needs October?

    "He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
    jkylefulton
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    lwt1973 wrote: »
    MorganV wrote: »
    lwt1973 wrote: »
    Oh look, the census data is being delayed for several months so redistricting will be pushed back.

    "The Census Bureau announced September 30 as its new target for releasing the numbers used in statehouses nationwide for the once-a-decade task of drawing new congressional districts."

    It usually is released in April so this is going to throw off a lot of states as there are laws stating it has to be done by the summer.

    Michigan's law states:

    "The commission will use data from the 2020 federal decennial census and citizen input to determine district lines no later than November 1, 2021. These district plans will take effect prior to the 2022 primary and general elections."

    I'm guessing that's going to be pushed back as they can't do it in a day.

    I think you mean a month and a day?

    Or do you have a Grandpa Simpson like refusal to acknowledge the month of October?

    Marge: "Grandpa, why are there only 49 stars on that flag?"
    Grandpa: "It'll be a cold day in hell before I recognize Missourah!"

    Who needs October?

    You really wanna pick a fight with all the people who seem to simply live for Halloween?

    ... Good luck with that.

    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
    MorganVKayne Red RobeElvenshaeCaulk Bite 6
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Forar wrote: »
    lwt1973 wrote: »
    MorganV wrote: »
    lwt1973 wrote: »
    Oh look, the census data is being delayed for several months so redistricting will be pushed back.

    "The Census Bureau announced September 30 as its new target for releasing the numbers used in statehouses nationwide for the once-a-decade task of drawing new congressional districts."

    It usually is released in April so this is going to throw off a lot of states as there are laws stating it has to be done by the summer.

    Michigan's law states:

    "The commission will use data from the 2020 federal decennial census and citizen input to determine district lines no later than November 1, 2021. These district plans will take effect prior to the 2022 primary and general elections."

    I'm guessing that's going to be pushed back as they can't do it in a day.

    I think you mean a month and a day?

    Or do you have a Grandpa Simpson like refusal to acknowledge the month of October?

    Marge: "Grandpa, why are there only 49 stars on that flag?"
    Grandpa: "It'll be a cold day in hell before I recognize Missourah!"

    Who needs October?

    You really wanna pick a fight with all the people who seem to simply live for Halloween?

    ... Good luck with that.

    Dia de Muertos is the better day, so I'd be happy with jumping straight to November 1.

    Though no October 30th in Detroit might unduly effect those really into The Crow.

    First they came for the Muslims and we said...NOT TODAY MOTHERFUCKERS!
  • MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    So, I was listening to a Podcast called Swindled, and it had an episode of Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick. Now, most of what I knew was what the Five o'clock news broadcasted over the border, but I knew he had been jailed for corruption. What I heard, and what was proven in court was a bit of an eye-opener

    But as this episode was from the distant past of 2019, the final end was that he was going to be in prison until 2034, and that his family was lobbying President Trump for a pardon, but the chances of that happening were unlikely.

    :bigfrown:

    That... did not age well.

    Martini_Philosopher
  • TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    Muzzmuzz wrote: »
    So, I was listening to a Podcast called Swindled, and it had an episode of Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick. Now, most of what I knew was what the Five o'clock news broadcasted over the border, but I knew he had been jailed for corruption. What I heard, and what was proven in court was a bit of an eye-opener

    But as this episode was from the distant past of 2019, the final end was that he was going to be in prison until 2034, and that his family was lobbying President Trump for a pardon, but the chances of that happening were unlikely.

    :bigfrown:

    That... did not age well.

    Trump giving a pardon to a black guy from Detroit was unlikely on paper. Until it actually happened.

    MuzzmuzzMartini_PhilosopherzagdrobCaulk Bite 6Stabbity StyleBlackDragon480JaysonFourShadowfireFencingsaxHarry Dresden
  • quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
  • lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    quovadis13 wrote: »
    Covid vaccine to be available to everyone in Michigan starting April 5. Good luck getting appointments!!

    I just got my first dose today downtown GR at the Devos Center. It was very organized and everyone knew WTF they were doing. The parking garage on the other hand had issues as the machine wouldn't read the validated pass properly. Eventually a worker came and just waved everyone through.

    "He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
    JaysonFourDaenrisNetscape
  • CelestialBadgerCelestialBadger Registered User regular
    TryCatcher wrote: »
    Muzzmuzz wrote: »
    So, I was listening to a Podcast called Swindled, and it had an episode of Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick. Now, most of what I knew was what the Five o'clock news broadcasted over the border, but I knew he had been jailed for corruption. What I heard, and what was proven in court was a bit of an eye-opener

    But as this episode was from the distant past of 2019, the final end was that he was going to be in prison until 2034, and that his family was lobbying President Trump for a pardon, but the chances of that happening were unlikely.

    :bigfrown:

    That... did not age well.

    Trump giving a pardon to a black guy from Detroit was unlikely on paper. Until it actually happened.

    He also pardoned Rod Blagojevich, the crooked Democrat ex-senator.

    I think the idea was to trigger the libs, because it doesn't make sense otherwise.

    JaysonFourDoctor Detroit
  • MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    TryCatcher wrote: »
    Muzzmuzz wrote: »
    So, I was listening to a Podcast called Swindled, and it had an episode of Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick. Now, most of what I knew was what the Five o'clock news broadcasted over the border, but I knew he had been jailed for corruption. What I heard, and what was proven in court was a bit of an eye-opener

    But as this episode was from the distant past of 2019, the final end was that he was going to be in prison until 2034, and that his family was lobbying President Trump for a pardon, but the chances of that happening were unlikely.

    :bigfrown:

    That... did not age well.

    Trump giving a pardon to a black guy from Detroit was unlikely on paper. Until it actually happened.

    He also pardoned Rod Blagojevich, the crooked Democrat ex-senator.

    I think the idea was to trigger the libs, because it doesn't make sense otherwise.

    I'm pretty sure it was leaked that he (on Jared's urging) thought he would get praise, because in their feeble minds, they thought the left would be appreciative that he spared "on of theirs".

    It appears to have not registered at all that Democrats are pretty much anti-corruption, regarless of the party they belong to.

    Same with the Comey firing. Given Democrats feelings towards Jim, Trimp and Jared legitimately thought this would get them kudos from the left.

    FencingsaxJaysonFourBlackDragon480jmcdonaldCelestialBadger
  • HevachHevach Registered User regular
    TryCatcher wrote: »
    Muzzmuzz wrote: »
    So, I was listening to a Podcast called Swindled, and it had an episode of Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick. Now, most of what I knew was what the Five o'clock news broadcasted over the border, but I knew he had been jailed for corruption. What I heard, and what was proven in court was a bit of an eye-opener

    But as this episode was from the distant past of 2019, the final end was that he was going to be in prison until 2034, and that his family was lobbying President Trump for a pardon, but the chances of that happening were unlikely.

    :bigfrown:

    That... did not age well.

    Trump giving a pardon to a black guy from Detroit was unlikely on paper. Until it actually happened.

    He also pardoned Rod Blagojevich, the crooked Democrat ex-senator.

    I think the idea was to trigger the libs, because it doesn't make sense otherwise.

    It was absolutely that. Democrats hold their own to account for their shit (see the long list of Democrats the party told to resign and fuck off to a hole somewhere over the years, a list that just recently gained Andrew Cuomo), and have long used that as a call for Republicans to clean up the shit in their own yard.

    Democrats told Republicans to get a leash on Trump they responded, "Haha, not only will we not do that we're going to pardon a bunch of yours because that's the opposite."

    JaysonFourMartini_PhilosopherBlackDragon480CelestialBadgerNetscapeHarry DresdenElvenshae
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    TryCatcher wrote: »
    Muzzmuzz wrote: »
    So, I was listening to a Podcast called Swindled, and it had an episode of Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick. Now, most of what I knew was what the Five o'clock news broadcasted over the border, but I knew he had been jailed for corruption. What I heard, and what was proven in court was a bit of an eye-opener

    But as this episode was from the distant past of 2019, the final end was that he was going to be in prison until 2034, and that his family was lobbying President Trump for a pardon, but the chances of that happening were unlikely.

    :bigfrown:

    That... did not age well.

    Trump giving a pardon to a black guy from Detroit was unlikely on paper. Until it actually happened.

    He also pardoned Rod Blagojevich, the crooked Democrat ex-senator.

    I think the idea was to trigger the libs, because it doesn't make sense otherwise.

    Disgraced former Governor, not Senator. He tried to sell the Senate Seat when Obama vacated it for the Presidency. Among numerous other heinous shit, including shaking down a children's hospital for campaign donations. I voted for Judy Baar Topinka (R) in that election and I have absolutely no regrets about it. Literally four people in the whole damn State wanted that Pardon to happen, and they all have the same last name.

    CelestialBadgershrykeButters
  • lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    Republicans, doing their sore loser thing.
    The proposals drawing the most ire would introduce new identification requirements for requesting absentee ballots, prohibit the secretary of state from making absentee ballot applications available online, ban clerks from supplying prepaid return postage for absentee ballots, bar clerks from counting absentee ballots in the weeks leading up to the election and impose new requirements for ballot drop boxes.

    The prepaid return postage thing is nuts. It's like they were going through all the ways to hinder people voting and someone just chimed in, "How about we take away free postage!"

    "He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
    BlackDragon480Trajan45Martini_PhilosopherElvenshae
  • lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    More silly goose Republicans doing their WTF thing.

    The head of the Michigan Republican party said that Whitmer, Benson, and Nessel are witches and they should be ready to be burned at the stake during a political event. On top of that, he had to joke about if you can't assassinate Meijer and Upton who voted to impeach Trump then you can only vote them out. And yes, people laughed at that because of course they did. Some of the regents at U of M want Weiser to resign but you know he won't. The U of M president did the no comment and the spokesman for the MI Republicans said this it's your fault answer:
    "If you listen in context, he was making it very clear that it is up to the voters to determine the nominees of the Republican Party, and to suggest anything else is dishonest and irresponsible," Goodman said.

    The Republican primaries in Michigan are all going to be about how much you supported Trump in his time of need.

    "He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • CelestialBadgerCelestialBadger Registered User regular
    lwt1973 wrote: »
    Republicans, doing their sore loser thing.
    The proposals drawing the most ire would introduce new identification requirements for requesting absentee ballots, prohibit the secretary of state from making absentee ballot applications available online, ban clerks from supplying prepaid return postage for absentee ballots, bar clerks from counting absentee ballots in the weeks leading up to the election and impose new requirements for ballot drop boxes.

    The prepaid return postage thing is nuts. It's like they were going through all the ways to hinder people voting and someone just chimed in, "How about we take away free postage!"

    They are all about shaving off a few percentage points here and there. A thousand people not returning their vote in time because they forgot to buy a stamp could be very helpful in a close election.

    FencingsaxmonikerMartini_PhilosopherBlackDragon480Commander ZoomLabelJaysonFourElvenshaeCaulk Bite 6Mayabird
Sign In or Register to comment.