Organized Crime, a [mini-Phalla]
This is a mini-Phalla for up to 30 players, vaguely inspired by The Mole
. It will last at most 6 days. If you have no idea what a phalla is, click here
for an explanation, then !sign up
by posting in bold limegreen or some other bright color to declare you intentions. All the standard rules listed there apply here. The most important are:
- No communication (about this game) between living players and dead players.
- No using screenshots or other methods to verify information as being given by the host. No copy/pasting messages from the host.
- No speaking in code or languages unknown to all participants (apparently mods get in a huff about this).
- Do not add people (other than the host) to existing conversations. Proboards are a kind of exception to this rule, so recognize that if you accept an invitation to a proboard, your posts can be shown to future entrants.
- Invite the host to any proboards created for the purposes of this game.
- Do not, under penalty of death, edit a vote post. If you have a bbcode fail, suck it up and leave it.
- Please include the host (me) on all PMs. Okay, this isn’t a standardized rule but has become common practice and I like to see what happens behind-the-scenes.
This game could have a rating of up to 4 Farangus. There are quite a few reasons that I can explain post-game. I’d rather not even hint at them now, but mostly it’s due to new mechanics. If balance is a strict requirement for enjoyment, you may want to pass on this game. Rend has looked at it, and given me very sage advice, but see previous statement re: new mechanics.
The Hook (i.e. important information relating to this specific game).
This game has two sides, with no neutral parties. The “village” consists of members of a crime syndicate, while the “mafia” consists of undercover agents attempting to bring them down. Each day, the collective will be sent a group of missions. Each player may sign up for 1 (and only 1) mission that day.
The agents (“mafia”) have the option to sabotage any mission for which they have a member enrolled. If a mission is sabotaged, the mission fails, and no money is gained by the syndicate. Each mission will also have a specified minimum number of participants required to succeed. If the mission does not have at least the minimum, the mission will fail. If the number of people completing the mission is at least the minimum, and it is not sabotaged, the mission succeeds, and the mission value is added to the total. The total gains by the syndicate will be public knowledge. Only players that participate in a mission will be told if that particular mission succeeded or failed, though this can, usually, be deduced by the change in the total proceeds.
If the entire group is suspicious of a particular player, they may prohibit them from participating in missions. If a majority of the players feels that someone should not participate in a mission, that player’s signups will be voided and they will not be able to sign up for the remainder of the day. They do not count towards the minimum required number of players for any mission, but are also unable to sabotage any mission.
The goal of the village is for the syndicate’s total proceeds to exceed a specified dollar amount (determined by the number of players) within 6 turns while outnumbering the mafia, OR to eliminate the undercover agents. The agents win in any other scenario.
Voting, Actions, and Other Miscellanea:
The deadline for votes and orders will be 9 PM Eastern
(2AM GMT, 6PM Pacific), which is a bit earlier than you may be used to. Note this well because inactives will be strictly culled (2 failures to vote will result in your replacement or death). Each day, you must
vote for a player in bold red
. The person with the most red votes is killed by the syndicate. In the case of a tie, the person who had more votes before the tie occurred is considered the “winner” of the vote.
Players may also place votes of no-confidence in bold darkorchid
. If a majority of the players decide that they do not have confidence in a player, that player will not be eligible for missions that day. You may use this vote on as many players as you like. To retract a vote of no-confidence, repeat your vote in bold dodgerblue
Finally, to sign up for a mission, please indicate which mission number you would like to take in bold lime
. You may accompany this with verbiage of your choice.
The order of actions is:
Votes -> “Regular” Phalla actions in a logical way -> Missions
may be asked in thread by posting in bold darkorange
(or the inferior bold orange
). To avoid unwanted interference, I will not respond to questions without this markup. You may also ask clarifications by responding to your role PM, however unless it is specifically about your particular role, I am likely to deny clarification, even if I would have granted clarification had you asked the question in thread. Getting denied a clarification in private will not affect the likelihood of receiving public clarification. If I do not respond to your question, I'm not ignoring you, I just didn't see it, so please ask again. To point out what a bad host I am, you may restate it by quoting your old question.
- TheRoadVirus (Lackey) - Taken Downtown
- Mill (Enforcer) - Mob Justice
- Baidol (Undercover Agent) – Executed
- Farangu (Lackey) - Mob Justice
- Cayrus (Lackey) - Taken Downtown
- vertroue (Lackey) - Mob Justice
- Iron Weasel (Brother) - Taken Downtown
- kime (Lackey) - Executed
- Smasher Zombie Hero (Lackey) - Mob Justice
- blahmcblah (Lackey) - Taken Downtown
- The Anonymous
- Mikey CTS
- BradicusMaximus (Brother) - Taken Downtown
- Locus (Lackey) - Taken Downtown
- premium(Undercover Agent) – Mob Justice
- KetBra (Lackey) - Inactivus
- Assuran (Lackey) - Taken Downtown
- Langly (Enforcer) - Lesson
- I needed a name to post. (Undercover Agent) - Executed
- Day 1 - Mission Assignments
- Day 2 - Mission Results - Mission Assignments
- Day 3 - Mission Results - Mission Assignments
- Day 4 - Mission Results - Mission Assignments
- Day 5 - Mission Results
- Day 6
Will a mission ever require more than one "fail" in order for the crime syndicate to lose the money from the mission?
Sample Villager PM:
Can we back out of missions? If so, how?
You may back out of missions by declaring that intention in limegreen or simply by choosing another mission.
What happens in the event of a tie for the vote of no confidence?
The vote of no confidence is not a competition except to the majority benchmark. You may post a no-confidence vote for as many people as you like. Anyone with a no confidence vote from the majority of players is banned from missions.
You are a Lackey
You just do what you’re told. Missions come in, you complete them, and get paid. It’s dangerous work but it’s good money. You’ve got a family and they’ve come to expect a certain lifestyle.
Lately, though, missions haven’t been going as smoothly. You’ve started to suspect that maybe there is a mole. Maybe multiple moles. You’ve been in too long to get out, so there’s only one option. Find the holes, and plug them.
Victory Condition: Ensure that the syndicate makes at least $300,000 OR ensure that the group is free from infiltration. There must be at least one member of the syndicate alive to claim victory.