As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Old games that should be remade - what would you change?

124»

• MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    Batman on the NES

As long as they change nothing but updating the graphics

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    I'd love to see a remake of The Lost Vikings with HD sprites and not-midi music. Just keep everything else the same.

Oh add on line Co-op.

Throw both games on one disc.

Hell, do the same for Secret of Mana.

Yukira on
  • SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    @joshofalltrades You are pretty much the only person other than me I know who has played Robot Rascals. Yeah I remember that game, and I remember playing a lot of it too, both solo and coop with my sister.

• FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Hunter wrote: »
    Which is hard to imagine, because how can you screw up a game involving turning into a man-monster hybrid and killing zombies and demons.

I'm also really in the mood for a good X-Wing vs TIE Fighter remake. Either that or a Wing Commander game. I want to kill things in space.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlIWJlz6-Eg :?:

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    I wanna see a Fighting Force remake, kind of. Great Playstation 1 3D brawler/beat-em-up. The sequel was hot salty garbage though.

Hm... Maybe not a remake but I for sure wanna see a new Baldur's Gate game. I guess a remake would be ok, there's lots of lore to chose from in the setting obviously.

Mutant League Football is another one I'd love to see... god usually I have like a hundred of these in mind...

Tie Fighter would be fucking AWESOME.

Primal Rage.

Crash Bandicoot.

Depth Charge... or Critical Depth or some bullshit like that (it was like Twisted Metal BUT WITH SUBMARINES AW MAN SO FUCKIN COOLLLLLL)

Pokemon Snap (so fuckin obvious with the wiiu.)

Jade Empire, and also KOTOR. Not the mmo either.

At least a sequel to Bully. Please? Anyone?

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Freedom Force.

Tactical super-hero based squad combat.

Really just get Bioware and Irrational together and tell them they're working on a singleplayer Superhero RPG game trilogy.

• FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    VTM Bloodlines with less bugs and more everything else.

Bigger maps, more open world feel, more morality choices etc.

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Bloodlines was great, although every time I get tempted to play as anything but a Brujah/Toreador I just remember how much I miss Celerity.

WoD lore was also quite cool to read up on.

• Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Dude, Bloodlines was mah JAM. So was Freedom Force when I could get it to fucking work.

• FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    I think I've been saying this for a few years now, but I feel like a Bethesda remake of Bloodlines could have potential.

Gotta get DiMagio back as Jack though. Gotta do it.

• Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    remake pokemon ruby and sapphire like they did with red/blue and gold/silver

ruby and sapphire are my favourites but not having the physical/special split is painful

• RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Thought this was a GoG thread. Sorry.

Roe on
    oHw5R0V.jpg