As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Tabletop Tournaments 2013

2»

• Options
    wrccitroenwrccitroen New EnglandRegistered User regular
    Lackey wrote: »
    Outside of events being run by PAX itself, there will be tournaments run by exhibitors too! If I come across more info, I'll keep posting them here:

Yomi and Puzzle Strike tournament at the Game Salute booth.

http://www.fantasystrike.com/forums/index.php?threads/pax-east-2013-tournaments-and-more.7553

Awesome thanks for keeping us in the loop!

• Options
    BahimironBahimiron Registered User new member
    This isn't my first Pax, but it's only my second Pax since that very first Pax Prime a million years ago and it's my first Pax where I'm going to try to actually get in on stuff. So... I hate to ask dumb questions, but will I just be able to sign up for the Dominion and 7 Wonders tournys there? I know that block A starts on Friday, but I'm not going to be able to get to Pax until around 4:00 PM. Will they be filled up by then, or will I still be able to get in on block B on Saturday?

• Options
    iltailta Registered User regular
    Sign-ups are morning-of. You probably won't be able to get to the Friday one but if you head over there first thing on Saturday you will (probably) be able to get a spot.

• Options
    LackeyLackey [E] PAX Tabletop Tournaments Registered User regular
    ilta is correct. Also, the signup sheet for Saturday's tournaments should be put out at around 7:00 pm on Friday evening. A portion of the slots on the signup sheet will open Friday night, and the remainder will open up Saturday morning.

• Options
    AthyraAthyra Registered User new member
    Does anybody have any idea how quickly the tournament signups will fill up? I'm trying to figure out if I need to go directly in and sign up as soon as the Expo Hall opens or if it's okay to go to a panel first.

I realize that this year's experience may not be the same as previous year's, just hoping for some ball park information (don't worry, I won't hold you to it).

• Options
    jsh357jsh357 Registered User regular
    Athyra wrote: »
    Does anybody have any idea how quickly the tournament signups will fill up? I'm trying to figure out if I need to go directly in and sign up as soon as the Expo Hall opens or if it's okay to go to a panel first.

I realize that this year's experience may not be the same as previous year's, just hoping for some ball park information (don't worry, I won't hold you to it).

Last year Dominion filled up really fast, like within the first 2 hours it was posted. Depends on the game.