edited March 2007 in Artist's Corner
well only one dragon, but I guess this isn't really a doodle anymore:
dragonco.jpg

The old one from way back:
dragon.jpg

Iruka on

• SkyGheNeSkyGheNe Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    The difference between the ink and coloring feathers is really nice.

SkyGheNe on
  • earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I love it. Nice rendering, the composition is much improved and the colors are great. The feathers are crazy. I want to touch them.

On the nitpickyside, the girls nose is too big but that's just getting nasal. I mean anal.

earthwormadam on
  • The One 52The One 52 Registered User
    edited March 2007
    Dear Iruka,

Please let me congratulate you for this nice piece of artwork. Also, please send some of your coloring skills to this poor young boy who writes this very memo.

Thank you,
    Marty.

(Love this drawing, I love it. :^:)

The One 52 on
    bigbosssig.gif
    The internet does not qualify as grounds where you can act like a bouquet of dick.
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The PIT, level 26Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I love it. Nice rendering, the composition is much improved and the colors are great. The feathers are crazy. I want to touch them.

On the nitpickyside , the girls nose is too big but that just getting nasal. I mean anal.

All that, except I actually like the big nose. I like it. Beautiful work on the dragon's feathers and scales.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2007
    Thanks guys! Her nose is big, I think it was from drawing all those trolls, I just knew messing with it would make the big eyes look even more...big. It was more of a rendering exercise at this point than anything else.

I almost died doing the feathers.

Iruka on
  • AlyceInWonderlandAlyceInWonderland Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    <3's all around!

And I quite fancy the big nose as well.

AlyceInWonderland on
  • lyriumlyrium Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    This is really cool.
    How long did it take you?

Wow.

lyrium on
  • Tom LamakieTom Lamakie Registered User
    edited March 2007
    Seeing as it's been a point of interest. I think the nose is a tad too big. It may be a style choice but it seems to be a visual black hole. I am looking a this amazing picture with great detail and instead of my eye moving from the dragons head down to the girls belt buckle up past the rabbit moving across her eyes to the feathered wings and back to the dragon's head. My eye hits her nose and stays there. I love her kimono/hoody/sweater jacket.

Tom Lamakie on
    fathead.jpg
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    First off, you have an awesome style, I really like it. I'm not all that bothered by the size of the nose, to be honest.

One question though: Do you not like drawing hands and feet? :þ

Aldo on
  • ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Oh man, I'm really digging this piece, the feathers blow my mind!

Projeck on
    edited March 2007
    Thanks every one :D

Lyrum: I don't know how long it took me, honesty. I worked on it over the course of the week after homework. Hours, though. I just cant say how many.

Tom: People seem to like the nose, in the majority so *shrugs*. The only reason I didn't adjust it is it made her eyes look ridiculously big. I think the nose is kinda big too.

Aldo. Thanks, and uh, I draw plenty of hands. I guess I do less full body stuff but mostly because the chest area and head really interest me. Id link stuff but there are really plenty of examples http://iruka.iseenothing.com/ you can look if you want.

Iruka on
  • ScrumYummyScrumYummy PortlandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I really like the composition. The piece has a nice movement, and it feels very three dimensional; the shading gave it a really nice sense of depth. I can tell that you spent a lot of time and effort. The dragon's right eye (our left) seems a bit too close in and is kind of throwing off the balance of his head; I think maybe we are seeing more of it than we should.

As for the nose, stylistically it's a choice I wouldn't have made, but that's what makes artists different :P Keep it.

ScrumYummy on
    -Scrum
  • Hotlead JunkieHotlead Junkie Registered User
    edited March 2007
    Hot dayumn these are awesome. What sort of pencils and paper do you use?

Hotlead Junkie on
    tf2_sig.png
  • EpiEpi Registered User
    edited March 2007
    Her face reminds me of the art style of Marie GrandPre for some reason...

Epi on
  • Scott WegenerScott Wegener Registered User
    edited March 2007
    Aldo wrote: »

I don't think this composition really calls for the hands and feet. IMO, anyway.

I guess if it had started out with the goal of being a full on work, instead of the sketch that birthed it I'd like to see her entire figure. But I wouldn't add anything at this point. And the hands are where they should be for a pose like this.

Its great. I love her face -like the feathers, it feels like I could touch her and feel the contours of her (fabulous) nose, eye lids, etc.

Is that colored on the computer? It looks to textured to be digital colors, but I'm probably wrong.

Scott Wegener on
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Aldo wrote: »

I don't think this composition really calls for the hands and feet. IMO, anyway.

It could work either way imo, but it doesn't really matter, because it looks awesome. :D

Aldo on
  • AximAxim Registered User
    edited March 2007
    love it man, got some great texture in there and obviously the dragon makes it with all that sweet detail mmm

Axim on
  • DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Iruka Art!

I lurk happily in the PA:AC but have always liked me some Iruka Art. Those feathers are amazing, btw. Same with the detailing on the dragon's face.

DrZiplock on
    "zip, i dunno what it is about you, but there's something very cat-like about your face. i can't really place it. you'd make a good mountain lion." Hail, Satan!
  • BelieveBelieve Registered User
    edited March 2007
    I adore your painting style, Iruka. Reminds me of wood carvings.

Believe on
  • JimpyJimpy Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Wow, really really nice. How long did it take you to go from sketch to colored?

Jimpy on
    edited March 2007
    Jimpy wrote: »
    Wow, really really nice. How long did it take you to go from sketch to colored?

No idea, honesty. I did the sketch awhile ago, while watching pulp fiction. The coloring I did oner a few days, I don't really know how long it took me.

Anyways, thanks everyone! I'm glad you all like it.

Iruka on