As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Monster Hunter] Hunters, start your barbecues... 3U IS OUT!!!

1939495969799»

• MordaRazgromMordaRazgrom Морда Разгром Ruling the Taffer KingdomRegistered User regular
    I'm sure he'd be even friendlier if you weren't hell-bent on rending his flesh from his gelatinous bones :P

Monster Hunter Tri code/username: 1MF42Z (Morda)
    WiiU Username: MordaRazgrom
    Steam Username: MordaRazgrom
    WoW/Diablo 3 Battlenet Battletag: MordaRazgrom#1755
    Me and my wife have a gamer YouTube page if interested www.youtube.com/TeamMarriage
  • DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Unlocked the new Urgent.

Plesioth, uh.

So we meet again, you fishy fucker.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »
    Unlocked the new Urgent.

Plesioth, uh.

Strike for justice, brother.

Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
  • Dr. Phibbs McAtheyDr. Phibbs McAthey Registered User regular
    Lanrutcon wrote: »
    Unlocked the new Urgent.

Plesioth, uh.

So say we all!

Limit One Player Arena Plesioth can go fuck itself and die.

• MugaazMugaaz Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Rend wrote: »
    Greatsword is Longsword's big brother. Slow, super-damaging, chargable hits. Huge reach. You can block with the blade. One of the harder to use weapons given how slow you move when its out, and how slow you attack. But it is DEVASTATING once you know monster patterns well enough to be in the right place at the right time to unleash a level 3 charged overhead slash. Not great for elemental or status attacks due to the nature of SINGLE BIG SMACKS.

Not true, at all. Greatsword elemental values are very high, level 3 charge multiplies elemental damage by 200%, lvl 3 side charge multiplies elemental damage by 300%. Works the same for status.

Mugaaz on
  • IceBurnerIceBurner It's cold and there are penguins.Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Monsters recover a bit of status tolerance one every 5 or 10 seconds. Charges are not an effective way of dealing status damage considering that most monsters will recover 30-50% of what you could dish out within the very long time it took you to deal it, and that not every hit procs the status damage. That's not to say you can't inflict status with a GS, but you're going to have to work much harder than SnS, DS, LS, Lance, SA, Bowgun, or Bow, and generally you're going to want to use your infinite combo.

A Lv3 charge (either kind) by Alatreon Revolutio on a dragon-weak target (Rathalos for example) is out-damaged by Anguish (P), despite Alatreon Revolution having 4x the dragon element of Anguish (P) and Anguish (P only having 90 more raw power. That's without any attack boosting skills or items; when you toss in Sharpness+1, Powercharm, Power Talon, the difference only gets bigger because they boost raw attack, not element. Given two GS's with the same sharpness level, raw trumps all for GS.

Fun Trivia: Rathalos would take less 1 point less damage than Qurupeco in their respective offline solo quests from a Lv3 GS charge (regular) to the face via Alatreon Revolution.

IceBurner on
    3DS: 3024-6114-2886 | NNID: Rabites | Steam: IceBurner
    PSN: theIceBurner, IceBurnerEU, IceBurner-JP | X-Link Kai: TheIceBurner
    Dragon's Dogma: 192 Warrior Linty | 80 Strider Alicia | 32 Mage Terra
    Kay
  • DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Unlocked the new Urgent.

Plesioth, uh.

Indeed I did.

Man, Plesioth is so much less irritating now. It's so satisfying to see him dive and be able to follow the snakefaced asshole into the water to keep smacking at him.

THIS IS FOR ALL THE MAGIC HIPCHECKS AND FIFTEEN MINUTE WAITS IN UNITE, YOU FUCKER! MY FRUSTRATION, MY RAGE, AND ALL OF MY HATRED! PECOSPANDER ELEMENTAL BURST!

Steam ID: Right here.
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    Everyone should just make bear armor when hitting HR. It's 300+ armor for minimal work and will last you until you get something more specialized.

bear armor is also the G rank 'leather armor' set, so it should be made first in G rank, since it's easy to make and will always have a use.

jCyyTSo.png
  • mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • GooseyGooseGooseyGoose Registered User regular
    Supagoat wrote: »
    I set about to do a simple intro/tutorial and it ended up being 40 minutes long and I feel like I barely scratched the surface and I'm not really sure I accomplished my goal... Anyway, wdyt? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVvswL7AH7g&list=UUh0LMKwkZJPfvcN4gpWq-oA

I just started playing last night. It's my first monster hunter experience outside of the demo. I thought you touched on some important advice for the nooby.

1. Saving. I spent like 10 minutes figuring out how to save last night.
    2. canteen - I had no idea about making food. I don't know if I rushed through text or something but the game explained farming and boats to me, but I hadn't noticed the food thing.
    3. I was kind of curious if I should spend money on buying armor from the merchant, since it seemed like a relative steal compared to all the mats I'd need to craft it. You answered that and it makes sense eventually she will be outscaled.

I kind of skipped over your online tutorial part since I'm not super interested in that yet. Some things that would be helpful in maybe their own video:

1. Configuring the Wii U controller. I can tell with like 20+ different options that this can be super awesome, but I have no idea what to do here. I'll probably learn as I go but a video on this would be nice.
    2. You kind of breezed missions and never went on one. A video on these and why I'd rather do them than free hunt would be helpful. Also, I know the supply box is there but if I take everything I sometimes fill up when I'm gathering and then I don't know what to throw away. You mentioned mission supplies some staying with you. An explanation on this and if I should even be gathering in missions would be nice.

Thanks for all your hard work making that video!

• MatthewMatthew Registered User regular
    Rathalos, you disappoint me. You're girlfriend did more damage to me than you did, she even managed to knock me out once! You spent all that time flying around and it didn't do you didly squat! I cut of your tail, destroyed your talons, and ruined your wings, and I did it all without even trying!

You're on the cover of the game! How do you think Brachydios feel about losing his spot there now! I expect you to do better next time.

• KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    We have a New Thread!

KiTA on