Options

Chrome mobile rendering issues?

KleinKlein Registered User regular
In the past week, the forums have been freaking out when I use Chrome on my phone, such as the Web Page going blurry or all text disappearing, leaving me with just a dark blue screen. I have not had any other issues like this on other websites, just these forums. It does not happen to my desktop version of chrome. I have not tried another mobile browser to see if this happens. I am also not sure if this is a problem on the forum's end or Google's, but I thought you guys should be aware of the issue.

Klein on

• Options
    KashaarKashaar Low OrbitRegistered User regular
    I've had the same experience, and I think it coincided with the last Chrome for Android update. No idea what the relevance might be, but I thought I'd offer up the additional information.

Indie Dev Blog | Twitter | Steam
    Unreal Engine 4 Developers Community.

I'm working on a cute little video game! Here's a link for you.
  • Options
    ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor changed Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Does it usually do this in threads with +5'd posts (yellowish glow effect) that are more that a few lines long ? I've experienced a similar render slowdown linked to the 600px box-shadow used for that effect.

Temp solution: If you don't mind switching to Opera, it seems to handle them fine.

ArbitraryDescriptor on
  • Options
    Gear GirlGear Girl More class than a state university Registered User regular
    I'm getting this as well, ever since the last mobile chrome update.

• Options
    DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular
    Yeah, I've been getting this, and like @ArbitraryDescriptor said, it seems to crap out when it has to render the glowy box around a featured post.

If I tell Chrome to request the desktop version of the site everything's fine, which is what I've been doing for now.

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    I switched to the desktop version. Got rid of the problem for me. Of course, I'd still like to be able to use the mobile site, but I suspect that's a fault of Chrome, not the forums.

• Options
    Tim is on the InternetTim is on the Internet On the Internet Edmonton, ABRegistered User regular
    Yeah. The latest update for mobile did weird things.

Discord: TimIsOnTheInternet#0056
    Steam: TimIsOnSteam
    Battle.net: TimIsOnBnet#1745
    Switch: SW-7012-4788-7410
    PSN: TimIsOnTheNet