As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pokecrawl Episode 4: The Power of One!

• Options
    Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    So I noticed Challenge 2 has been posted.
    Challenge 2: Prepare For Trouble

Pair up with an opponent and order them their least favorite beer, drink, or shot. And make it double. After your opponent drinks their two drinks they do the same for you. Then blast off at the speed of light.

I personally feel like this can get dangerous, especially if someone considers their least favorite drink as something they can't handle or something gross. Will there be restrictions on this challenge? I don't really want to see anyone's night ruined from drinking something bad.

I think there is a universal ban on things such as "cement mixers" as they only exist to make someone vomit.

Right in the OP there are restrictions on drinks. Other than that, consider this a Gentleman's/Gentlewoman's challenge.

• Options
    Certain.shade.of.greenCertain.shade.of.green Registered User regular

Pair up with an opponent and order them their least favorite beer, drink, or shot. And make it double. After your opponent drinks their two drinks they do the same for you. Then blast off at the speed of light.

I personally feel like this can get dangerous, especially if someone considers their least favorite drink as something they can't handle or something gross. Will there be restrictions on this challenge? I don't really want to see anyone's night ruined from drinking something bad.

I think there is a universal ban on things such as "cement mixers" as they only exist to make someone vomit.

Right in the OP there are restrictions on drinks. Other than that, consider this a Gentleman's/Gentlewoman's challenge.

There you go folks, not only did I think it; someplace deep down I knew it was a banned drink.

• Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Uh, the only Stadium's I can find on Google Maps are QUITE a stumble away (like on the other side of the BCEC).

Can anyone give me a Google Maps link, or perhaps just a name that Google will understand better?

• Options
    edited March 2013
    Imperfect wrote: »
    Uh, the only Stadium's I can find on Google Maps are QUITE a stumble away (like on the other side of the BCEC).

Can anyone give me a Google Maps link, or perhaps just a name that Google will understand better?

Stadium used to be McFadden's.

I'm working on maps of the full routes as we speak.

Atlus Parker on
  • Options
    When using Google maps, you can still search for McFadden's which gives the correct address for Stadium.

Team Red Silver

• Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Sweet, our hotel is a three minute walk away.

• Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Oh man I'm so excited.

When can we expect Challenge #4 to be up too?

Also just to be sure, both (for example) Blue teams starts at the same bar and finishes at the same bar as each other right?

• Options
    Oh man I'm so excited.

When can we expect Challenge #4 to be up too?

Also just to be sure, both (for example) Blue teams starts at the same bar and finishes at the same bar as each other right?

Challenge 4 will be up soon.

Gold & Silver group start at the same bar and at the end up the night they come back together for the last bar.

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod

The #1 rule of PAX is Don't be a dick.

• Options
    RidleyDragonRidleyDragon Registered User regular
    I will be at kitty o'sheas early, blue silver.

PW0oFIs.png
  • Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »

In all fairness it is honesty here too, don't say you hate something you're not willing to drink.

Personally I hate rum with a passion but I'm absolutely willing to do 2 shots of it for the sake of hilarity this Thursday. Apparently I hate myself that much.

• Options
    boozysmurfboozysmurf Registered User regular

I generally subscribe to Wheaton's Law on this. We are here to have fun, you probably don't know that person, and don't be a douche. I don't think "Dangerous" the same as gross.

And for the record, I hate tequila. But every year, I end up doin' tequila because someone just HAS to. And I'm a people person. :)

• Options
    gfishgfish Ottawa, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    boozysmurf wrote: »
    But every year, I end up doin' tequila because someone just HAS to. And I'm a people person. :)

I think you spelled 'simple person' wrong. HTH! HAND!

-- PokeTron: Ampharos
  • Options
    PRationalityPRationality CinderAley NJRegistered User regular
    I'll drink anything s'long as its not mint or pineapple (I'm allergic to both) based. I prefer vodka, but sacrifices are always made in the name of the King.

no wait wrong pubcrawl...

• Options
    peetsnackpeetsnack Team Green Poké Assist, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, Head Girl House Hufflepuff The Cleave LandsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2013
    EDIT: EVERYTHING'S PERFECTLY ALL RIGHT NOW. WE'RE FINE. WE'RE ALL FINE HERE NOW, THANK YOU. HOW ARE YOU?

Pokecrawl team maps:

Red Silver and Red Gold

Green Silver and Green Gold

Yellow Silver and Yellow Gold

Blue Silver and Blue Gold

if there are any errors or omissions, please notify me.

peetsnack on
    7B14287.png
  • Options
    EagleAlphaXEagleAlphaX New JerseyRegistered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »

In all fairness it is honesty here too, don't say you hate something you're not willing to drink.

Personally I hate rum with a passion but I'm absolutely willing to do 2 shots of it for the sake of hilarity this Thursday. Apparently I hate myself that much.

OK. I'm good with this. I just wanted to make sure that if things ended poorly, it was because of many good drinks and not 1 awful drink. ;)

wjxmaepqs9k1.png
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Transmission incoming...

Poketron: Ampharos 2.0 is now transmissible via the charity vector.

shirtwa.jpg

Limited numbers of Pokediscs and Pokeshirts can be had for massive charity donations. Venue auctions to be announced.

...Transmission ends.

gfish on
  • Options
    gfish wrote: »
    Transmission incoming...

shirtwa.jpg

Limited numbers of Pokediscs and Pokeshirts can be had for massive charity donations. Venue auctions to be announced.

...Transmission ends.

Oh my god I want either of those

• Options
    EchoZeroEchoZero Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Transmission incoming...

shirtwa.jpg

...Transmission ends.

Oh my god I want either of those

Totally just looked at the routes instead and hopefully will have a chance to get one of these when we meet up with yellow gold.

EchoZero on
  • Options
    punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular

A couple years ago the legendary challenge was a double shot of jäger which I hate with a passion. I tried to dutifully do my shots but gagged on the second and wore it all down the front of me :( To this day, the team red shirt I bought and wore that night has a faint stain on the front.

HI3789R.png
  • Options
    blAAAm!!!blAAAm!!! Cleveland, OhioRegistered User regular
    the pre-pax dinner is right around the corner from the Team Blue starting Bar!

• Options
    I wonder if there's a place that could host 400 screaming costumed crawlers all at once. What an epic party that would be.

• Options
    I wonder if there's a place that could host 400 screaming costumed crawlers all at once. What an epic party that would be.

That... Would be amazing! We would probably have to rent some space somewhere. I figure there are some places that can handle that volume.

• Options
    RidleyDragonRidleyDragon Registered User regular

That... would be incredibly expensive.

PW0oFIs.png
  • Options
    edited March 2013

That... would be incredibly expensive.

I'm assuming no nearby bar can do it. But maybe a place that sells tickets or something. PAX really does need a Sunday night thing, IMHO.

EDIT: And also a nice quiet corner for Snorlax

gfish on
  • Options
    PRationalityPRationality CinderAley NJRegistered User regular
    blAAAm!!! wrote: »

Oh thank goodness! I was a little worried as I have no knowledge of transversing the streets of Boston...

• Options

Oh thank goodness! I was a little worried as I have no knowledge of transversing the streets of Boston...

Don't worry, Faneuil Hall area is super easy to navigate. After the bar crawl you'll be the very best, like no one ever was at getting around that area.

• Options
    KyussKyuss Registered User regular

Don't worry, Faneuil Hall area is super easy to navigate. After the bar crawl you'll be the very best, like no one ever was at getting around that area.

I disagree, if you are awesome at getting around the area after the bar crawl then you did it wrong. lol

• Options
    Kyuss wrote: »

I disagree, if you are awesome at getting around the area after the bar crawl then you did it wrong. lol

It's just that easy. Even drunk you will manage to get around.

• Options

I see what you did there! The area isnt really that bad though by the bars,.

• Options
    agreatrandomagreatrandom Wizard Outside BostonRegistered User regular

There is always the option of just walking into a bar big enough and hoping we all get in.

I can think of a few bars in the area that might be big enough to hold some of the 400+ Pokémon. A few that come to mind is Hennesey's right in the Faneuil Hall area which has two floors to it. The other, Greatest Bar, is about a ten minute walk north of the where the crawl is, around the TD Garden area.

5rOQuX4.png

Design Wizard, Pizza Enthusiast, Craft Beer Extraordinare from MA
  • Options
    ErickaJoErickaJo MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Wow, lucky for my liver, I hate Bud Light.

• Options
    renducyrenducy Registered User regular
    Yay, i got a ticket for team Yellow Silver. There's still one left...

• Options
    ErickaJoErickaJo MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Challenge 4: Pokemon World

Order your opponent a mixed drink that matches your colors team. Your opponent does the same for you.

Now I have to think of green drinks...

Outside of Appletinis. I can be more creative than that.

ErickaJo on
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Boston, MARegistered User regular
    @ErickaJo It was just Saint Patty's so ask a bartender - I'm sure they are well aware of every possibility. Personally, I'm partial to anything with Midori in it. Or a Green Giraffe.

5I7JEDi.png
  • Options
    philbertdephilbertde Registered User regular
    peetsnack wrote: »
    Pokecrawl team maps:

Red Gold and Red Silver

Green Gold and Green Silver

Yellow Gold and Yellow Silver

Blue Gold and Blue Silver

It looks to me like the Green silver/gold teams are backwards. True? False?

• Options
    LoonyEclipseLoonyEclipse WWHRD? Montreal, QCRegistered User regular

...hm, now to think up a yellow beverage. Does lager count?

My pin lanyard
    PSN: L00nyEclip
    Steam: Loony Eclipse
    Twitter: @Loonyeclipse

8hQBw4O.png
  • Options
    philbertde wrote: »
    Pokecrawl team maps:

Red Gold and Red Silver

It looks like they're all backwards.

• Options
    The_SavesThe_Saves Magistrate of Crazy Town KirklandRegistered User regular
    How do we feel about AMF's for that fourth challenge?

Ummm...
  • Options
    TriiipledotTriiipledot Registered User regular
    philbertde wrote: »
    Pokecrawl team maps:

Red Gold and Red Silver

It looks like they're all backwards.
    Whats all backwards the routes?

This discussion has been closed.