Options

[WiiU] THIS THREAD IS OVER. POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    Oniros25Oniros25 Registered User regular
    Looking to give Olimar a little more pop culture pentration before his next game launches?

Nintendo Network ID: Oniros
    3DS Friend Code: 1461-7489-3097
  • Options
    edzeppedzepp Registered User regular
    Can we have Princess Peach in shorts next? :P

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    edzepp wrote: »

super-mario-strikers-20050930061224817.jpg

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    pirateluigipirateluigi Arr, it be me. Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »
    super-mario-strikers-20050930061224817.jpg

That makes me want a new Mario Strikers for WiiU.

Also, dayum.

http://www.danreviewstheworld.com
    Nintendo Network ID - PirateLuigi 3DS: 3136-6586-7691
    G&T Grass Type Pokemon Gym Leader, In-Game Name: Dan
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    The old Wii U thread is dead... Long live the new Wii U thread! :) Wooo...

Also, damn between Tomb Raider and StarCraft 2 and Fire Emblem and WoW, who the hell knows when I'll get back to Wii U stuff :(

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    The old Wii U thread is dead... Long live the new Wii U thread! :) Wooo...

Also, damn between Tomb Raider and StarCraft 2 and Fire Emblem and WoW, who the hell knows when I'll get back to Wii U stuff :(

March 19th.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    corin7corin7 San Diego, CARegistered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »

April is stacked. But my top priorities are Monster Hunter and Bioshock. Dusting that Wii U off finally. Everything else can wait. I may grab MH at Target and take advantage of the buy 2 get 1 so I can squeeze in a few more titles.

• Options
    SirUltimosSirUltimos Don't talk, Rusty. Just paint. Registered User regular
    Mario Strikers was an incredibly underrated game. I bought the Wii one on a whim and I had a lot of fun with it.

• Options
    KysennaKysenna Registered User regular
    Capt Howdy wrote: »
    So hows Scribblenauts on WiiU? May snag that as my free game from target when I pick up Lego City and Mario.

It's the only Scribblenauts I've ever played, so I don't know how it stacks up to the others - but I liked it. There's a huge world map with a ton of different places to go, and you talk to all sorts of different NPCs, using your creativity to solve their problems.

Alternatively, you make Evil Omnipotent Flying Black Leather Pants, which then pick up an old discarded Shotgun and terrorize everyone in sight. (Heroic Omnipotent Flying White Leather Pants with a Holy Sword kept the evil pants from killing the whole town.)

It's not a hard game at all, but I had a ton of fun with it.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Sounds like a god free game then.

Edit - GOOD, I meant to spell good. Holy crap.

Capt Howdy on
    Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    Has as much god as you want.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h81WZphCoqo

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    Is F-Zero still 30 cents?

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    Riokenn wrote: »
    Is F-Zero still 30 cents?

Yes.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    That looks interesting...weren't people raving about this game?

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Ok, whoever the old lady is in that trailer sounds familiar as hell

Edit: Hmm, I assume this is her... nothing jumping out, maybe just my imagination :P

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    That looks interesting...weren't people raving about this game?

I certainly was once I'd played it.

But Pandora's Tower is probably best known as "That third Operation Rainfall game after Xenoblade Chronicles and The Last Story". Never mind that it's way better than The Last Story.

• Options
    H*RH*R Registered User regular
    I'm finding that having british actors doing all the voice acting is something I want all the time now. I'm loving it in Xenoblade Chronicles.

Nintendo Network: WarrenMSP
    3DS: 4184-2362-9697
    PSN: Skywarrd
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    I'd totally wear Pikmin shorts.

They're comfy and easy to wear

• Options
    H*R wrote: »
    I'm finding that having british actors doing all the voice acting is something I want all the time now. I'm loving it in Xenoblade Chronicles.

I don't want it all the time but certainly it adds something very nice every so often. It's a lot fresher than all the dudebro voices we get in most RPGs these days :P

• Options
    MordaRazgromMordaRazgrom Морда Разгром Ruling the Taffer KingdomRegistered User regular
    Kysenna wrote: »
    So hows Scribblenauts on WiiU? May snag that as my free game from target when I pick up Lego City and Mario.

It's the only Scribblenauts I've ever played, so I don't know how it stacks up to the others - but I liked it. There's a huge world map with a ton of different places to go, and you talk to all sorts of different NPCs, using your creativity to solve their problems.

Alternatively, you make Evil Omnipotent Flying Black Leather Pants, which then pick up an old discarded Shotgun and terrorize everyone in sight. (Heroic Omnipotent Flying White Leather Pants with a Holy Sword kept the evil pants from killing the whole town.)

My favorite time on Scribblenauts was creating the Fire Engine, then, to move the traffic out of the way I created a zombie apocalypse. Traffic problem solved :P

I have it on PC, though, I"m sure it's very similar if not identical on the WiiU, minus KBAM of course.

Monster Hunter Tri code/username: 1MF42Z (Morda)
    WiiU Username: MordaRazgrom
    Steam Username: MordaRazgrom
    WoW/Diablo 3 Battlenet Battletag: MordaRazgrom#1755
    Me and my wife have a gamer YouTube page if interested www.youtube.com/TeamMarriage
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Kysenna wrote: »

My favorite time on Scribblenauts was creating the Fire Engine, then, to move the traffic out of the way I created a zombie apocalypse. Traffic problem solved :P

I have it on PC, though, I"m sure it's very similar if not identical on the WiiU, minus KBAM of course.

Probably. Wii U has the gamepad which is pretty much just as good as KBAM though (and I think it works much better than the DS versions due to the larger size making it easier to type stuff).

The Wii U version is the superior one though because you can make Nintendo characters in it ;)
    Mario-Zelda-Scribblenauts-Unlimited.jpg

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    MordaRazgromMordaRazgrom Морда Разгром Ruling the Taffer KingdomRegistered User regular
    Was almost going to have sad times with ZombiU yesterday. Character bugged through a tree and wound up falling through the floor and dying...except not dying because the game froze and hard-locked my WiiU where I had to disconnect it from the power source to reboot. I thought it would have broken the WiiU with only 8 days to go to Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate, which would have made me very sad. Turns out, though, it's all good, I couldn't get my stuff back from ZombiU, so I suicided my new guy, and then, happily, saw that all my weapons were scattered around, so it's just as easy as checking the CCTV, and then going to pick up my weapon. First glitch in ZombiU too, which is pretty fantastic stability for me. I'm about to hit
    the Nursery
    which should be fun. Only after I level all my weapon skills to at least 3, of course, which will take me the rest of the week. Losing survivors is pretty good, in terms of giving you an actual penalty. It's not meaningless, which I was afraid of, I now have a brand new guy to re-train and re-supply.

Me and my wife have a gamer YouTube page if interested www.youtube.com/TeamMarriage
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    There's supposedly a patch in the works for ZombiU according the developer's graffiti, so we'll see what happens.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    With all the shenanigans that I have pulled, this game has worked nearly perfectly for me, so I'm not terribly worried...unless their patch removes the
    exploding zombies
    because, seriously, fuck those guys!

• Options
    With all the shenanigans that I have pulled, this game has worked nearly perfectly for me, so I'm not terribly worried...unless their patch removes the
    exploding zombies
    because, seriously, fuck those guys!

I've had a few close calls with those guys. I usually don't realize they're the explodin' type until I've shot them, and they take out like 80% of my health.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    So I was doing a quest, I climb down a ladder, hear a zombie, turn with my cricket bat already swinging, and notice he has a gas mask on...I now know what gas mask means. Prior to this I've never seen them close because I take my zombies out from a distance...like a man! (a scared man)

• Options
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    It's a bit of a shame that Ganondorf doesn't immediately produce a pair of heavy swords to meet the legendary hero in an epic battle, but I suppose that would've stepped outside the boundaries of what is actually possible in the world of Scribblenauts.

Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • Options
    losabiolosabio Registered User regular
    LEGO City is looking pretty awesome. I'm hoping that the comparisons to GTA mean that it's possible to ignore the main quest line in order to explore the city and generally waste time.

• Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    Scribblenauts is as fun as your imagination. The best way to play the game IMO is to pretend like you're an asshole genie.

• Options
    DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    Why do I follow this thread when I can't afford a WiiU right now? All you do is hurt me, thread!

• Options
    Feel the pain.

Also, good on Nintendo for pushing Lego City.

• Options
    So Lego City, in a nutshell, Grand Theft Auto meets Sim City while having an affair with Prototype...right?

• Options
    So Lego City, in a nutshell, Grand Theft Auto meets Sim City while having an affair with Prototype...right?

No SimCity since it has no game breaking DRM :)

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    I've heard some disappointing things about Lego City...whatever you think about the Lego games and whether they're fun or not, that should stay the same, if you like them then you'll like this. But it sounds like it's really no GTA. Supposed to be kinda short and not a ton to see and do out in the world.

Normally I might reserve judgement but having seen the tiny map, it seems plausible (click for bigger):

953483newcitymapqzuj9.jpg

Now from what I hear a lot of missions take place off of that map, indoors, underground, etc. so there's plenty of sights to see...just maybe not in free exploration mode.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Sim City would honestly be a pretty good fit for a touch screen controller.

Of course, they have to make it work first. :P

To Sporky: So, adjust expectations slightly.

edzepp on
  • Options
    Sim City would honestly be a pretty good fit for a touch screen controller.

Of course, they have to make it work first. :P

To Sporky: So, adjust expectations slightly.

I enjoyed Simcity DS, for what it's worth.

FU7kFbw.png
This discussion has been closed.