The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Strip Search - Ducks

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited March 2013 in Strip Search

Strip Search - Ducks

This time the Artists get to go outside for an adventure and learn more about the city where one of them may soon reside.

Read the full story here

Dog on

• GurtPerkGurtPerk Registered User regular
    YES! Team Lexxy, that's awesome! Way to go!

• LadyGwennyLadyGwenny Registered User regular
    Wow a Cintiq! Great Prize! Congrats Lexxy!

enderandrewmageormike
  • HappyaxHappyax Registered User regular
    Another great episode. I love that they went on a duck boat tour. The interview thing looks interesting. I think I am really gonna dig the social, competitive, elimination format. Lexi was a great winner and I love the prize.

spiffmanaempath
  • JerichoJericho Registered User regular
    Oh god I love Erika's laugh.

Levin SadsadenderandrewFyndir
  • dostrowdostrow Registered User new member
    Great episode. I am going to let the addition of Odontoceti to the family of whales slide as Orcas are a suborder by the strictest definition.

• DinospyDinospy Pacific NorthwestRegistered User regular
    Oh good god...Living in Seattle and going to school downtown, I had to wait for the bus right by where those damned Duck tours started and ended. I quickly grew to hate them.

Good episode though! How long must we wait for the long teased "butt virginity" line?

enderandrew
  • SabinSabin Registered User regular
    Damn, this was some funny shit. Duckboat-guy Lou was the episodes main character by far. So funny, made me wanna ride that crazy death trap of a vehicle.

The prize was awesome, but i kept wondering about the prizes as a whole. Maki got some weird ticket and Lexxy got a brand spanking new Cintiq? Does that mean that Maki's weird ticket is ten ways of awesome of some kind?

• Mossy ToesMossy Toes Idle Warhammerer Eye of TerrorRegistered User regular
    Whoa. Cutesy little quiz... then WHAM. PRIZE.

NotaCylon
  • The_Glad_HatterThe_Glad_Hatter Rogue Jpeg Jockey Registered User regular
    Any show that gives away cintiqs is the kind of show i want to watch!

ozr4h81a0maq.jpg0lwmzl3bfzok.jpg
    NotaCylon
  • DaphinicusDaphinicus Registered User new member
    Gotta hand it to Team Lexxy for pulling out the win! The Cintiq's a phenomenal prize, but it has no bearing on overall success, while that redraw ticket is almost assuredly a Get Out of Comic Faceoff Free card, or something similar. I'd say that, in the grand scheme of things, Maki's still got the hotter prize.

NotaCylon
  • xThanatoSxxThanatoSx Registered User regular
    Part of me wants to stop watching and let all the episodes pile up so I can just watch them all at once and not have to stop.

CURSE YOU PENNY ARCADE FOR MAKING SUCH GREAT CONTENT!!!

:-D

XeavnNotaCylonSpiritfire
  • TorsailrTorsailr Registered User new member
    Any chance we could get the opening credits music as a download?

CorruptBiggins
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    Hm yeah I'm liking the day structure. fun times, contest times, elimination times. good times :D

jCyyTSo.png
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
  • LexxyLexxy Registered User, Strip Search regular
    Thanks guys!!

lexxy_cintiq_zpse0a1c748.png

It's huge and gorgeous and I'm terrifed to use it r o f l

KochikensCambiataHappyaxWarmthKnightmareSegmegascorcherzerzhulElbasunuKoopahTroopahenderandrewGeekfatherThe_Glad_HatterDiplominatormageormikethewMyntempathrisingtableCrippl3Vicious CircleHardmanPeter EbelFyndirscrattatatTehSpectreVenkman90hottopicrejectFalxpuntNotaCylonTofystedethSpliveaerobeing
  • WarmthWarmth Registered User regular
    this whole episode is goddamn adorable and lexxy's post after it gave me 42 types of diabetes.

megascorcherempath
  • KnightmareKnightmare PittsburghRegistered User regular
    Yay Lexxy! I've never used a Cintiq...they seem pretty awesome though.

I live in Pittsburgh and we also have duckboats (ours are red) and I have never actually been on one- now I kind of want to take the tour!

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Knightmare wrote: »
    Yay Lexxy! I've never used a Cintiq...they seem pretty awesome though.

I live in Pittsburgh and we also have duckboats (ours are red) and I have never actually been on one- now I kind of want to take the tour!

We have duckboats in Pittsburgh? I HAD NO IDEA!

A bunch of forumers usually do a duckboat tour before PAX Prime every year in Seattle, but I haven't been on that one yet either. I fail at duckboats.

86diUMN.png5OEMupX.png
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Also was anyone else hoping that we might see Mike yelling at some ducks in this episode?

86diUMN.png5OEMupX.png
    WangchangbackupEricStrattonrisingtableCrippl3Maz-FalxNotaCylonJayeEmmTofystedethnhainesSpiritfire
  • darklaodarklao Registered User regular
    Abby was charming as f*** in this ep.

Otherwise, a little boring. Grant was way better though, maybe because he had time to show more personality.

Elbasunuempath
  • ChristopherJohnChristopherJohn Registered User regular
    Thank God I wasn't drinking something when Abby's waterboarding answer appeared. I laughed my ass off.

Lexxy's prize is pretty sweet. Can't wait to see what else the contestants win.

Admittedly the first half of this episode was a little boring, but it did give us a chance to "play along" during the test. But still......

empath
  • Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    @Zerzhul That's exactly what came into my mind when I saw the title of this episode.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • RaakamRaakam Too many years... CanadalandRegistered User regular
    Now we have to wait until Tuesday for the next episode :(
    Pull a House of Cards and put all of it in the iTunes Store or Amazon in one go, I want to buy it all and watch it in one sitting!

My padherder
    they don't it be like it is but it do
  • DoshiDoshi Registered User regular
    Now, d'ya know what would have been a REALLY funny challenge? Asking the artists to draw every single hat that the Captain wore.

Also? BOOM goes the 2 grand prize!

NotaCylon
  • Roger WilcoRoger Wilco Registered User regular
    So it looks like every segment is going to be "fun challenge"->"Serious challenge"->"elimination challenge." I like that format. It means two days after the depression of someone being kicked off the show we get a funny relaxing episode.

"Not far below you is a large horizontal plane which proves beneficial in maximizing the exploitation of gravity."
  • astronautcowboy3astronautcowboy3 Registered User regular
    I'm really enjoying this and I like the format a lot. However, I think they need to edit the episodes a little more. We didn't need to see every answer to the quiz. I felt the same way during the ice breaker during episode one; totally killed the pacing to look at everything. Show us the highlights! We can handle slightly shorter episodes.

The JRPG Club: Video game reviews, vocabulary lists and other resources for Japanese learners.
    PSN: astronautcowboy 3DS: 5343-8146-1833
    I have Sega, Nintendo and Xbox games and systems for sale. Please help me buy diapers.
    VanityPantsempathMaz-Propriety
  • piLpiL Registered User regular
    Congrats Lexxy!

Every time I see Lexxy do well, it makes me happy. But actually there's a lot of likability among the contestants, so I'll probably be happy either way. Also depressed.

Geekfather
  • tbugtbug Registered User regular
    Another fine episode! I kept getting distracted by wondering how they got the exterior shots of the duck. I'm guessing they found out the route ahead of time then raced ahead and set up the camera. (At first I thought it might be stock footage, but when it was on the water you could see Graham or whoever inside the duck filming.)

• WangchangbackupWangchangbackup Registered User regular
    @Zerzhul that was my first thought.

Good episode, though! Since one of the first three episodes focused almost exclusively on two of the contestants, and another was just everyone's intro, I really felt like I still hadn't got a chance to get to know everybody yet. It was nice to see some lighthearted, fun stuff happening.

• bpacbpac Registered User new member
    pretty glad that their duck boat didn't capsize.

Levin Sadsad
  • Roger WilcoRoger Wilco Registered User regular
    I'm really enjoying this and I like the format a lot. However, I think they need to edit the episodes a little more. We didn't need to see every answer to the quiz. I felt the same way during the ice breaker during episode one; totally killed the pacing to look at everything. Show us the highlights! We can handle slightly shorter episodes.

I don't know, I was ok with it. People have complained the show is too short, so I appreciated getting to see all the answers.

"Not far below you is a large horizontal plane which proves beneficial in maximizing the exploitation of gravity."
    empath
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Another good episode, kinda boring during the tour because we aren't there personally. Surprisingly awesome prize, I'm trying to get a Cintiq and they're mad expensive. Congrats Lexxy!

Steam - Battle.net - Koopah089 - PSN - 1639-6388-9968 - Switch
    NotaCylon
  • AvrahamAvraham Registered User regular
    Daphinicus wrote: »
    Gotta hand it to Team Lexxy for pulling out the win! The Cintiq's a phenomenal prize, but it has no bearing on overall success, while that redraw ticket is almost assuredly a Get Out of Comic Faceoff Free card, or something similar. I'd say that, in the grand scheme of things, Maki's still got the hotter prize.

It says redraw, not escape, so I bet you get to pick another prompt from the wastebasket, or you get a second chance to draw something after time is up

tumblr_mw0i6gT4l61qgwizbo1_250.png :bz: :bz: :bzz:
    NotaCylon
  • DVGDVG Registered User regular
    Seriously though, that Wacom is almost 15% of the overall cash prize for winning the show. It's a hell of a prize for the "goofy" challenge on day 2.

Diablo 3 - DVG#1857
    enderandrewTwoflowermageormikeNotaCylon
  • toekneebullardtoekneebullard Registered User regular
    There needs to be an option to hide all comments. My wandering eyes keep picking up spoilers. The top comment when I loaded this page announced who won.

risingtableJoeDeath
  • enderandrewenderandrew Registered User regular
    I've done the duck boat tours in Boston and they're a lot of fun. Boston has a lot of history so it is a pretty educational tour as well. I'll highly recommend it for anyone who goes to Boston.

• LampLamp Registered User regular
    I liked this episode and I definitely don't think the challenge in every episode needs to be directly related to drawing comics (that wouldn't be a great way to get to know the contestants, anyway). But I'm kind of disappointed that the next episode, the big challenge of this round, also has nothing to do with art. They're having their interview skills tested? Just, why? You "need to be able to hold your own in an interview" to be a successful web cartoonist? I would think exactly the opposite. At least the t-shirt challenge made a logical connection, despite not being directly related to comics.

VanityPantsempathrisingtable
  • mcpmcp Registered User regular
    Just finished watching 1 - 5.

You picked some great people for this. I want them all to win.

I got to drive one of those ducks when I was a little kid. Granted, I was sitting on some dude's lap, but still. Drove a duck.

walrus.png
    GeekfatherrisingtableNotaCylon
  • GeekfatherGeekfather Registered User regular
    Loving this. Abby cracks me up.

• Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, Administrator, ClubPA, Penny Arcade Staff, PAX Staff staff
    @TOEKNEEBULLARD If you watch the episodes on stripsearch.tv, the comments are hidden by default.

@LAMP being a webcartoonist is more an entrepreneurial gig than I think most people realize. It's not just about writing and drawing. You're your own web designer, merch guy, accountant, legal, and PR department.

Some guy.
    tynanaideenMyntempathrisingtableCrippl3CambiataAnana11Venkman90NotaCylonnhainestynicSplive