Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Strip Search - Ducks

124»

• KalTorakKalTorak Way up inside your butthole, Morty. WAAAAY up inside there.Registered User regular
    oh no she drew herself with a mean face

Cambiata
  • makitorimakitori Registered User, Strip Search regular
    My photo is a grumpy face. I'm a grumpitty grump grump fa-lump grump

CambiataMynt
  • enderandrewenderandrew Registered User regular
    @MAKITORI - That's actually pretty funny, because I don't think I've seen a shot of you in the show when you don't have a smile.

@KALTORAK - I think her self-portrait does make a statement and affects how viewers perceive her.

• realisticradicalrealisticradical Durham, NCRegistered User regular
    It's really hard to believe that someone who describes himself as a "grumpitty grump grump fa-lump grump" is actually grumpy.

• CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Mean face drawings: the worst thing an artist could ever do, like for reals.

Currently doing a Mass Effect Andromeda let's play:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/cambiata
    Instagram:
    https://www.instagram.com/bel.di.doll/
    Tofystedethmegascorcher
  • KalTorakKalTorak Way up inside your butthole, Morty. WAAAAY up inside there.Registered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Mean face drawings: the worst thing an artist could ever do, like for reals.

Hitler's worst crimes were the self-portraits he did before he rose to power.

• CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Amy wasn't even satisfied with just doing the one mean face picture. She drew another one for the SE++ thread.

@AmyTFalcone does your evil know no bounds, madam?

Currently doing a Mass Effect Andromeda let's play:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/cambiata
    Instagram:
    https://www.instagram.com/bel.di.doll/
  • ahdokahdok Figment of your imagination Registered User regular
    I was also referring to the talking in the diary room this episode, where most people were all "well I was just having fun" and Amy was a bit more "I concentrated really hard, because I've watched a lot of reality shows, and figured we'd end up competing on this."

Don't read me wrong though, I love Amy, she's awesome.

http://www.socksandpuppets.com for comics, art and other junk.
  • LoneGunmanLoneGunman Registered User regular
    As much as I hate touristy crap, I also love useless trivia so that duck tour would've been AWESOME!! :)

Glad Lexxy won that one and what a prize! Did they bring enough to share with the entire class?!?

I actually thought they were going to be forced to duck-wrangle to help Mike with his Kickstarter obligation. :)

• seegruseegru Master of None St. PaulRegistered User regular
    Kind of a slow episode.....

• minamina Registered User new member
    I thought the episode was nice though it would have been nicer to see the social challenges push their art skills more to the test. I was expecting the challenge to have them draw the landmarks on the tours.

Also I loved Ty lost expressions during the quiz parts, he looked so adorable.

• Roger WilcoRoger Wilco Registered User regular
    mina wrote: »
    I thought the episode was nice though it would have been nicer to see the social challenges push their art skills more to the test. I was expecting the challenge to have them draw the landmarks on the tours.

Also I loved Ty lost expressions during the quiz parts, he looked so adorable.

I think the thing is that these episodes are just meant to help us get to know the artists, and the challenge is just for fun. So they need a challenge that can have an objective winner, whereas art is always very subjective.

"Not far below you is a large horizontal plane which proves beneficial in maximizing the exploitation of gravity."
  • GamercowGamercow Registered User regular
    @GAMERCOW - You mention that the Boston Duck Boat tour is really inaccurate on its history. Having done several different history tours (as well as walking the Freedom Trail) in Boston, they all seem to provide consistent information. I'm curious what is so massively inaccurate.

It's been a while, but I've gone on it twice, and it was different things both times. Of course, it all depends on the driver. But the ones that I remember are:
    Pointing at the MIT Great Dome, and saying "There's Harvard", calling the Trinity Church Old North Church, saying that the rebels won the Battle of Breeds(Bunker) Hill, not knowing that the Bunker Hill Monument was on the "wrong" hill, not knowing what Evacuation Day was, etc.

• cleverclever Registered User new member
    I prefer Graham's style over the typical annoying, fake enthusiastic hosts on other shows. Haters gon' hate.

• MontyRohdeMontyRohde Registered User regular
    Fyndir wrote: »
    MontyRohde wrote: »
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG critique here, but I believe my points are valid and I wanted to put some effort into developing them.

I am pretty sure that nothing you can say about Cintiqs will adequately explain why they are a Good Thing[tm] without being long and boring to anyone that isn't already interested, and if they're already that interested then chances are they already know or will look it up. The reactions of the contestants sold it plenty to those who don't know IMO.

The tour was great fun, and so was the quiz, neither were boring to me at all, partially because of the personalities involved and the fun they were having.

I don't know. I agree you can't really explain what makes a cintiq special to non artists. Do a few "Oh wow" reactions really get the point across? Usually to generate excitement about these kinds of things shows attach price tags, and use really gimmicky techniques to make it a big deal. I'm not saying that should be done but the prize is supposed to be the climax of the episode and it really didn't feel like one, at least to me.

• BrenderousBrenderous Registered User regular
    It's adorable what Americans think is "cold weather."

• parmeisanparmeisan Registered User regular
    @ahdok Considering that she's the only person to have made an elimination-challenge decision she's really the only one who has any reason to talk about strategy in the diary room.

What's this about a diary room? I was wondering how they got everyone to open up so well. Are you saying that isn't anyone asking questions, but just sending the artists into an empty room to talk at nobody for a bit?
    mina wrote: »

Me too! Get them to draw as many of them as they can, and it only counts if at least one of the other artists can tell what it is you were trying to draw. (It wasn't an elimination challenge, so I suspect that would have been fair). Or, go through a list of "draw this", "draw that", but that seems less interesting to me.

• ahdokahdok Figment of your imagination Registered User regular
    They do appear to be doing individual comments to camera regularly, with nobody else around. :)

http://www.socksandpuppets.com for comics, art and other junk.
  • strike_the_tripstrike_the_trip Registered User regular
    Graham, the Great Wheel is technically NOT a ferris wheel since it doesn't have open bucket seats, buuut hey, close enough.

http://blog.seattlepi.com/thebigblog/2012/06/25/man-climbs-seattles-ferris-wheel-takes-pictures/

• TinklesTinkles YAY! Never Past Bedtime LandRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    8BitLoser has been kidnapped by Gosling and is being held for ransom! Solve the riddle to set em' free, or I'll hand em' over to Clamps!

You've seen a STORM of my type
    But never covering a single star
    I'm WEATHER of a forum stripe
    A pattern that you may find BIZARRE
    Which forumer am I?

1gVsb9o.png
  • ReighReigh Registered User regular
    I miss home thanks cheesy duck tours and your random humor and your showing of all the landscapes I am not able to see at the moment.

124»