As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[League of Legends] Big Zac Attack

• BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    What am I supposed to do if I get stuck as Lux mid against Yi?

Shield yourself when he Qs, rush a Morellonomicon and keep your team notified if he leaves the lane. That should be a strategy which'll work out pretty well.

• DunxcoDunxco Should get a suit Never skips breakfastRegistered User regular
    By tomorrow, my fair Leona will be gone from F2P week rotation. :(

I wanna buy her but I know deep down that I should take my IP and buy Zed or Kha'zix or Thresh.

:( sums it up.

• FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Leona is the bestest, buy her.

BurnageNaphtaliDasUberEdward
  • MiniwolfMiniwolf Probably somewhere sniffing somethingRegistered User regular
    Dunxco wrote: »

I wanna buy her but I know deep down that I should take my IP and buy Zed or Kha'zix or Thresh.

buy who you have fun with.

League Of Legends: Ulven
    Q98DBY0.pngwolfmini.png
    Delphinidaes
  • pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    having a good khazix game is a sublime experience

forcing a surrender after your second quadra just feels so gooooood

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • AhiMahiAhiMahi Registered User regular
    What am I supposed to do if I get stuck as Lux mid against Yi? This has happened a few times and I've been destroyed. Not sure if it's because I'm not a good mid--I'm only decent at playing adc, but trying to branch out before I play ranked (I'm summoner lvl 22, I think)--or because I don't do enough damage as Lux to deal with that meditate and also get whittled down by his q when I fail to dodge.

Probably doesn't help that I only have one rune page so every champion gets AD runes no matter what.

During laning phase, stay away from your minions as much as you can. This will help you not get hit by his Q(Alpha Strike). Poke with your E then follow up with one auto. If he Q then use W to shield your self follow up by Q root and one auto. Keep trading in your favor.

His W(heal) is on high CD. Keep track of when it was used last time. At first rank it is something like 24 seconds. If his W is on CD and if you think you can land your skill shots then look for a kill opportunity. Do not get suckered in for a kill attempt under his tower with his W up, unless you know you are going to get a sure kill. Take ignite to lessen his healing during all in kill fights.

If he is AP Yi then you have to worry less about his R. He will most likely use it for escape rather than initiation tool. Laser when he tries to escape.

Roz
  • wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Burnage wrote: »
    What am I supposed to do if I get stuck as Lux mid against Yi?

Shield yourself when he Qs, rush a Morellonomicon and keep your team notified if he leaves the lane. That should be a strategy which'll work out pretty well.

Pre 6 he should be very susceptible to ganks.

Playing around his Q is important. Watch your minion wave. When it gets down to 3 or less stay as far form your minions as you can/farm with Singularity. At this point there's no chance his Q won't hit you if you're in range and he'll be reset to the minion he targets, making it super free harass that will be very difficult to counter/respond to. Make sure to punish if his position ever resets to you.

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki

Abstrakt stop it. Its an unwritten rule you're only allowed to get double and triple kills so they don't nerf him again!

Q98DBY0.pngwolfmini.png
  • MadpandaMadpanda suburbs west of chicagoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Had a game i thought was going straight to hell, my bot lane partner afk'd for 2 minutes then gave up first 2 kills and was ~4 levels behind everyone. After some constructive criticism he played defensive and started hitting jungle creeps to level. So I (as sona) followed Dianna around while he was doing that and ended up with ~30 assists. Highlight of the game was warwick, who I should was just waiting for us, went and soloed baron while we tore through their center inner turrent, inhib, and both nexus towers after one good team fight.

Madpanda on
    camo_sig2.png
    Steam/PSN/XBL/Minecraft / LoL / - Benevicious | WoW - Duckwood - Rajhek
  • RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular

no. you buy her.

You do not think twice

you do it and you dont look back.

InfidelBurnage
  • credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    wazilla wrote: »
    Pre 6 he should be very susceptible to ganks.

It is very seldom that lanes will help each other out pre-6 at my summoner level, and there's only a jungler 20-25% of the time. I know, I know, that means I should try to be that jungler. But I don't feel ready for that yet.

Hmm, okay, sounds like the changes I need to make in my Lux v Yi game are 1. Actually level my w (usually I don't until teamfights start) and 2. be more intelligent about dodging the Q.
    Burnage wrote: »
    Huh, I've never used a Morellonomicon, since I normally go for Athene's, but I see how the Grievous Wounds would be really helpful.
    You get two free rune pages. I picked up two more from the recent sale.
    To clarify, I have 4 rune pages but only enough runes to fill one of them. I'm not spending money on this game--yet--so I'm pretty low on IP, as I have to use it to buy champions as well.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    Miniwolf wrote: »

Abstrakt stop it. Its an unwritten rule you're only allowed to get double and triple kills so they don't nerf him again!
    too late i did it again

the dev team is currently battering my door down with the nerf hammer

save yourselves

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    What am I supposed to do if I get stuck as Lux mid against Yi? This has happened a few times and I've been destroyed. Not sure if it's because I'm not a good mid--I'm only decent at playing adc, but trying to branch out before I play ranked (I'm summoner lvl 22, I think)--or because I don't do enough damage as Lux to deal with that meditate and also get whittled down by his q when I fail to dodge.

Probably doesn't help that I only have one rune page so every champion gets AD runes no matter what.

I don't even use Q at all when laning against Yi unless I know he's terrible. I just put two points into W (W>E>W) then level E and use it to last hit if he's too close or my creeps are weak enough for him to alpha through. It's basically a really boring farm off unless he tries to dive (A single point in Q at 4 will make him regret any attempts to dive.)

I'll usually ask my jungler early on if they want to help gank mid when I'm about level 3. If they do, I'll grab Q at 3 and I'll try to land it for the gank, otherwise I wait til 4.

Yi really shouldn't have the power to melt you and once you hit 6 if you've been keeping up farm, your full combo+ignite should be enough to kill Yi unless he's amazingly stacked with mres. (Which, if you haven't been poking him much, most won't even think of grabbing then pow, you can usually pick up a kill or two.)

steam_sig.png
    wazilla
  • corin7corin7 San Diego, CARegistered User regular
    I hate it when junglers say ping for gank. What? how bout as you clear your jung you keep an eye on lanes look for opportunities and then ping when you want to gank. Dumb shit is dumb. /rant

Miniwolf wrote: »

too late i did it again

the dev team is currently battering my door down with the nerf hammer

save yourselves

yo dawg

I haven't even gotten my Frelo with him yet.

Let me ruin some lives first.

• CyrenicCyrenic Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    2AOED.jpg

That's an insane number of viewers for a single streamer. And I think they did it spur of the moment without much notice to the community.

Cyrenic on
    Also I love all chat shenanigans where people are like, "OMG REPORT DIS SIVIR 0-4 IN 12 MINUTES"

Well, yeah dude. She's having a bad game, has a bad matchup, and I'm way below where my MMR should be. It happens. Like, people have bad games bro and if you know how to leverage advantages it can be hard to catch back up.

I mean seriously, everyone fucks up in this game. Everyone has bad games. Shitting on people having bad games won't make them play better and all you're doing is giving them something to legitimately report you for.

wazilla
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
  • unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    that's me

surrealitycheck
    corin7 wrote: »
    I hate it when junglers say ping for gank. What? how bout as you clear your jung you keep an eye on lanes look for opportunities and then ping when you want to gank. Dumb shit is dumb. /rant

Jungling isn't that simple. Ganking isn't a one sided affair. Letting a jungler know when your lane is vulnerable, when their flashes are down, etc is incredibly helpful information.

The laner and jungler have to be on the same page to secure kills, otherwise they can both wind up wasting multiple summoners and not securing anything. When I'm jungling, if someone pings for a gank and lets me know where the wards are and if their summoners are up, I am almost assuredly going to gank that lane and soon.

Why? Because this person has shown that they are willing to work with me and assist in ganking. There's no worse feeling than setting up a gank and having your laner not participate, so the jungle winds up behind in farm and levels.

In fact, this jungler has given you a bunch of useful information in that statement. You know that he's

A) Primarily a farming jungler, so he wants to farm his jungle as much as possible.

and

B) That he's relying on your input to know when a good time to gank is. This probably also means that he's not as competent at jungler as someone who might otherwise be more experienced. But just telling you this is a huge benefit to you as it will let you coordinate your ganks better, since you know how he plays.

• BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Ahahahaah. They're upping Valor's movement speed again on the PBE, to 100% + flat 80 at level 18.

Gotta go fast

Talith
    corin7 wrote: »

Except half the time the lanes are too stupid to follow up on a gank even when you put the giant target on the enemy, the green arrow on the ground, and go in. Then pop up lame excuses like 'OMG MAI COLDUWNZ' or something similar and do nothing but waste time. Especially if you aren't a jungle with hard CC, if your lane isn't spot on its just a total waste.

What you, as a lane, think is an opportunity, what your jungler thinks is an opportunity, and what is actually a good opportunity, are usually pretty mutually exclusive.

Until you're 100% able to trust your team mates aren't idiots, just AFK farming in the jungle is pretty much always the better option. Unless you're someone like Xin who can secure the kill all by themselves due to crazy sticking power.

The exception to this is blowing a cooldown or two on mid while you're passing through to force a flash, because you need to pass by anyway so why not do it in a way that gets some results. Going top/bot and not getting a kill is like going B in a lane for no reason and having to walk back. It just puts you behind.

steam_sig.png
  • JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
  • TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Next thread is mine.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Talith wrote: »
    Next thread is mine.

Debonair Talith's League of Dominion Thread feat. Riven

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
    Talith
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Roz wrote: »
    Also I love all chat shenanigans where people are like, "OMG REPORT DIS SIVIR 0-4 IN 12 MINUTES"

Well, yeah dude. She's having a bad game, has a bad matchup, and I'm way below where my MMR should be. It happens. Like, people have bad games bro and if you know how to leverage advantages it can be hard to catch back up.

I mean seriously, everyone fucks up in this game. Everyone has bad games. Shitting on people having bad games won't make them play better and all you're doing is giving them something to legitimately report you for.

i am still amazed at how much anger is in this community

actually I secretly wish that there was a camera on every LoL player so I can see the rage in chat manifest itself in person. Are these people really frothing at the mouth as their eyes glaze over in pure rage?

steam_sig.png

actually I secretly wish that there was a camera on every LoL player so I can see the rage in chat manifest itself in person. Are these people really frothing at the mouth as their eyes glaze over in pure rage?

I thought about making unbreakable light weight keyboards and mice to sell to LoL players who rage.

'Rage and break your mouse and keyboard? try new unbreakable keyboard and mice. Cushioned so when you throw them at walls they don't break and neither does the wall*'

*hitting the wall with them repeatedly may break the wall. (and your soul)

Q98DBY0.pngwolfmini.png
  • TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular

Suddenly, a surge of naked players.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
    edited April 2013
    Talith wrote: »

Suddenly, a surge of naked players.

As well as a host of posts like this on the official forums.

MRPh5AH.jpg

Miniwolf on
    Q98DBY0.pngwolfmini.png
    DasUberEdward
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    talith pls

new op should just be pictures of me thx

obF2Wuw.png
    TalithPrjctD_Captain
  • Al BaronAl Baron Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Bot game, but first penta:

pfaRF81.jpg

Let's see if I can do this in a real game.

Al Baron on
    steam_sig.png
  • Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    Except half the time the lanes are too stupid to follow up on a gank even when you put the giant target on the enemy, the green arrow on the ground, and go in. Then pop up lame excuses like 'OMG MAI COLDUWNZ' or something similar and do nothing but waste time. Especially if you aren't a jungle with hard CC, if your lane isn't spot on its just a total waste.

What you, as a lane, think is an opportunity, what your jungler thinks is an opportunity, and what is actually a good opportunity, are usually pretty mutually exclusive.

Until you're 100% able to trust your team mates aren't idiots, just AFK farming in the jungle is pretty much always the better option. Unless you're someone like Xin who can secure the kill all by themselves due to crazy sticking power.

The exception to this is blowing a cooldown or two on mid while you're passing through to force a flash, because you need to pass by anyway so why not do it in a way that gets some results. Going top/bot and not getting a kill is like going B in a lane for no reason and having to walk back. It just puts you behind.

If you aren't active as a jungler, you'll lose more than you winthough.

Outside of getting plain outmatched in lane, inactive junglers have the greatest negative impact on the game. Sure you might lose some gold by failing a gank. But if you save a struggling lane by camping them and keeping it from snowballing against you, it's better than afk farming and letting them eat your weak laners.

As a jungler you are an extra support for your team. Instead of ensuring the adc gets farm, you do so for all the lanes. Your responsibility is to make sure it isn't a 4v5 by having one person get shut down on your team. Selfishness can't do that.

• CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    DrDreidel wrote: »
    I've been practicing my jungle for about a month now, and feel more comfortable in the role than any other. The thing that I'm still not great with is situational picking. I tend to just pick who I feel like playing. Can someone help me to understand when to take the junglers below that I excel at playing (ranked from best to worst). I like Zac, but I'm just not winning with him as often as Vi and Trundle (my personal current FoTM).

1 - Vi
    2 - Amumu
    3 - Olaf
    4 - Hecarim
    5 - Trundle
    6 - Zac

Vi's thing is that you can build a lot of AD early and have amazing clears while also having tons of gank paths and bringing a lot of damage and CC to lanes. If you've never tried it before, try getting a smiteless on blue (after wolves), then immediately clear red and gank mid. Late game with some CDR, you spam Q on people and lock people down with your ult; you're a good initiator, but only if you're catching people out of position.

Amumu's thing is that you're a great initiator and put out some pretty good burst damage early on. Late game, you build tanky and they're forced to kill you or take tons of AoE damage from your toggle. You are a terrible duelist in the early game, though, so be careful.

Olaf has one of the fastest jungle clears in the game, and has decent ganks. His last batch of nerfs were pretty hard, and I'm not terribly sure he's still worth taking in the face of other fast junglers.

Hecarim used to be a carry jungler that built Spirit of the Lizard Elder and just spread TONS and TONS of AoE true damage while being unkillable. Now he's better early on but doesn't deal as much damage and can actually die. You want to farm as hard as you can and gank whenever your ult is up, as it will almost always result in a kill or will force them back for a free tower.

Trundle is a good ganker in the early game, especially with the wolves->blue->red->gank path. The only real thing that's great about Trundle is his pillar, but to be fair, his pillar is fantastic; I've had a fair amount of success with him in S3. My normal build is QWE R>Q>E>W, and to rush Wriggles, as it helps you clear waves and push down towers quickly; I imagine Tiamat would work on him as well.

Zac is just a pure initiator, plain and simple. Build tanky, build CDR, and feel free to dive towers if you're sure that you'll get the kill and your passive is up. I don't really enjoy him as a jungler, but I LOVE his top lane.

Unless you're a carry jungle like vi, xin, hec, j4 and noct, then wasting your time on a lost lane is just that, wasting it.

As a jungle you should be abandoning lost lanes and just snowballing any winning lane that much harder, because of a lane is losing that bad then they probably have poor positioning and such anyway and won't bring anything to the team fights.

Stomp someone else so hard that your lost lane can just farm while they try to stop your snowball.

steam_sig.png
  • Lord PalingtonLord Palington he.him.his History-loving pal!Registered User regular
    I tried out the brown nose technique in a game earlier. We were playing standard meta, with me as jungle vi. Enemy team had no jungler, so our Wukong had to go up against like a Darius and ... Yi, maybe? Anyway, every few minutes he didn't die or lose tower I'd make some comment about how awesome top was doing holding it down, then I'd come up and gank for an easy two kill (tried to give him the kills, didn't always work out).

And that Wukong? He carried hard late game, died maybe twice, and finally lost the first tower around the 16 minute mark.

D. S. T.

Freelo.

SrUxdlb.jpg
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Olaf lore change

Begin shipping Sejuani/Olaf

NaphtaliTalith
  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular

Buy Leona. If you're having fun with her, you should play her - and she brings some of the best initiation and lock-down in the game, far stronger than Zed/Kha/Thresh - the only one who's remotely comparable is Thresh, and he's vastly more about fucking with positioning as opposed to Leona "I am in your face and you are stunned. Stunnned! Stunned by the sun! Oh, you appear to have died. how sad!"

Honestly, i'm just confused that she doesn't see more play - she is super strong, as long as you pick your moments and dont foolishly take damage for no reason.

Also, top lane Zac? Tell me more @Carnarvon - I've been running him jungler, and enjoying that, but i tend to run into the issue of he just cant carry from the jungle, even when you're rocking Liandris/Sunfire cape as a combo - unless your team is able to follow up on his initiation, he's less than effective. Which is frustrating because he is hella fun, especially when someone tries to escape and you squish them into oblivion.

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Olaf lore change

I don't really care about the lore, but it's kind of irritating that they're making EVERY champion from Frejlord and upset about the ice witch.

Cyrenic
  • MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular

Buy Leona. If you're having fun with her, you should play her - and she brings some of the best initiation and lock-down in the game, far stronger than Zed/Kha/Thresh - the only one who's remotely comparable is Thresh, and he's vastly more about fucking with positioning as opposed to Leona "I am in your face and you are stunned. Stunnned! Stunned by the sun! Oh, you appear to have died. how sad!"

Honestly, i'm just confused that she doesn't see more play - she is super strong, as long as you pick your moments and dont foolishly take damage for no reason.

Also, top lane Zac? Tell me more @Carnarvon - I've been running him jungler, and enjoying that, but i tend to run into the issue of he just cant carry from the jungle, even when you're rocking Liandris/Sunfire cape as a combo - unless your team is able to follow up on his initiation, he's less than effective. Which is frustrating because he is hella fun, especially when someone tries to escape and you squish them into oblivion.

I'd say it's mainly just that it's hard to play an all-in support in solo queue. There's nothing less fun than playing Leona and getting stuck with an ADC who just won't autoattack. Well, nothing except for playing Nunu in the same situation.

Steam/LoL: Jericho89
    Coinage wrote: »
    Olaf lore change

I don't really care about the lore, but it's kind of irritating that they're making EVERY champion from Frejlord and upset about the ice witch.

Mostly the icey ones. Aside from trundle everyone else was ice related before the change.

Q98DBY0.pngwolfmini.png
This discussion has been closed.