As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[MS Pony Adventures] Shipping is Magic

• KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    I mean, yeah you're gonna be mocked

But shippers in the MSPA thread were also mocked

Usually by other shippers, as they were discussing troll romances in embarrassing honesty

I personally am not interested in being mocked. I prefer a more welcoming atmosphere for my fandom talk. That was what the MLP thread had been. :|

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    Riokenn wrote: »
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    Riokenn wrote: »
    Well, fuck.

This used to be the only place I knew where I could talk about ponies in a controlled environment.

Oh well...
    It's controlled!

Talk about ponies to your heart's content.

Oh sure I can talk about it, doesn't mean it would be well received here. I don't think the MSPA people would like to see a update post about reactions to Issue #5 of the MLP comic or discussions on the latest happenings in the pony-verse. I know when to not talk about ponies and I don't want to upset anyone constantly talking about it.
    Syphyre wrote: »
    To be fair, despite what people may think of the MLP and MSPA communities, the actual MLP thread on this board is (was) quite nice. The strict rules enforced in the MLP thread make it a rather easy going relaxed place to be.

Thank you. :^:

post your shit they deserve to be upset

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • AdusAdus Registered User regular
    if for some reason the continuation of the merge thread after this one is over isn't a joke i probably won't even bother

maybe you'll consider my absence a bonus, who knows

• gavindelgavindel The reason all your software is brokenRegistered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyrAkwJ6WsY

I really should stop humming this in the hallways. One of these days somebody is gonna notice.

Book - Royal road - Free! Seraphim === TTRPG - Wuxia - Free! Seln Alora
  • warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
  • SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    because no way in hell will we ever stop talking about dumb homestuck minutia

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    I honestly don't think it's a big deal for the mspa thread since we produce such a greater volume of posts it's just sort of ponies every once in a while

I can see how the pony people would be miffed

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Day of the BearDay of the Bear The Qun demandsRegistered User regular
    literally don't ship any human character w another human character

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »

Usually by other shippers, as they were discussing troll romances in embarrassing honesty

I personally am not interested in being mocked. I prefer a more welcoming atmosphere for my fandom talk. That was what the MLP thread had been. :|

This is kind of interesting to me, because I thought of the Homestuck thread as being a microcosm of SE++ in general

If somebody says to you, "Your ships are shit. You are shit. You should be in prison"

Well

They actually think you're pretty all right and assume you can take the joke

dN0T6ur.png
    gavindel wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyrAkwJ6WsY

I really should stop humming this in the hallways. One of these days somebody is gonna notice.

Well, time to hum this for another week straight. Thanks, Gav. :P

Wyborn should be in prison imo

but he gets a pardon for his INCREDIBLE da2 posts

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    in interests of furthering homestuck/mlp relations i bring a gift of crossover fanfiction that we can mutually enjoy

a sneak preview!
    The Rebirth and Redeath of Boredom by SiFi270 reviews
    A few years after The End of Boredom 1, Andrew Hussie and Lauren Faust have the most adorable baby ever. Everything's going just fine, until Doc Scratch shows up out of nowhere and kidnaps the baby just for the sake of being a jerk.
    Rated: T - English - Romance/Humor - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,448 - Reviews: 1 - Published: 2-13-13 - Princess Celestia & Doc Scratch - Complete

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    literally don't ship any human character w another human character

dotb is a literal war criminal and should be tried at the Hague

wY6K6Jb.gif
    hello i am shipping john x vriska and rose x kanaya and karkat x dave

m6eoUgQ.jpg
    deal w it

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Wyborn wrote: »

This is kind of interesting to me, because I thought of the Homestuck thread as being a microcosm of SE++ in general

If somebody says to you, "Your ships are shit. You are shit. You should be in prison"

Well

I get the sense a lot of people were here for the ponies and not the SE.

I don't know why, this place is awesome! (send help) (please)

• Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    As long as Farg doesn't use this thread to merge mock mother with pony we will all be alright

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    As long as Farg doesn't use this thread to merge mock mother with pony we will all be alright

farg

farg

farg

FAAAAAAARG

oh yeah I forgot there was some sort of pony exodus to the se pony thread a while ago wasn't there

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    the pony thread was always in SE so this shouldn't be a surprise?

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
    Antimatter wrote: »

farg

farg

farg

FAAAAAAARG

sheesh, sorry, i'll hurry up and get posting that crossover

PART 1
    One day Andrew Hussie and Lauren Faust had the most adorable baby ever. Her name was Casey Blossom Faust Hussie, but friends called her Caussie or sometimes Blaussie. She could switch between two forms, alicorn and hero mode, and NO SHE ISN'T A MARY SUE.

...Okay, so she kind of is, but... Hear me out on this, ok?

When Caussie was only five years old, she found herself in a situation that most children her age wouldn't dream of. While her parents weren't looking, a four foot tall asshole in suspenders appeared in front of her, and before she could make the smallest sound, he plucked her from the floor, eliciting a small 'eek!'

"What the..." Andrew quickly turned around, his eyes narrowing the moment he realized what was going on. "Scratch! What the hell are you doing?"

"I'm simply restoring balance to the universe." he said. "When you killed my master and his accomplice, you eliminated two of the most important forces in this universe: Chaos and boredom. If the status quo is ever to be restored, someone must take their place. And there's only one being in this multiverse with the potential to become that powerful."

"Most of that," Andrew said, "is complete bullshit."

"It is." Scratch agreed. "But I'm still taking the child."

Lauren Faust leapt forward and Sonic Rainboomed towards him, destroying most of her house in the process. However, as soon as Caussie was within her reach, Doc Scratch disappeared, taking the child with him as promised.

"Damn it!" She stomped a hoof against the ground in frustration. "Andrew, you know him better than I do... What are our options?"

"Well..." He placed a hand to his chin. "With the resources we have at our disposal, getting to the Felt Manor shouldn't be too much of a problem. And when I get close enough to him, he just kind of stops living. But knowing him..." He sighed. "...He's probably planned around all of this somehow. He's almost certain to have a trap waiting for us, and the only way to find out what it is is to walk right into it."

Lauren responded with zero hesitation. "I'm going to risk it, for Casey. Get on my back."

So he got on her back and they did the Back to the Future thing from the first part you all loved so much. It was pretty great.

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg

Well

(1) Not a shipper. Of anything. (2) Besides this thread (i.e. the pony thread), the only other ones I frequent somewhat commonly are the Tabletop Gaming and webcomic threads.

All three were at least vaguely welcoming before (even with the venom spewed at Sinfest, LICD, etc).

This could also stem from my . . . dislike of Homestuck in general. It may be someone's cup of tea, but it ain't mine, and just generally speaking I don't really care to hear a word about it. :|

tynic wrote: »

Well

I get the sense a lot of people were here for the ponies and not the SE.

I don't know why, this place is awesome! (send help) (please)

nic..................

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular

)

Ironic, then, when you were one of the unwelcoming ones to the mspa-ers. It's not like this was anyone's bright idea except rorus'.

• gavindelgavindel The reason all your software is brokenRegistered User regular
    KetBra wrote: »
    I honestly don't think it's a big deal for the mspa thread since we produce such a greater volume of posts it's just sort of ponies every once in a while

I can see how the pony people would be miffed
    NerdyRainbowDash.png

I'm trying.

Book - Royal road - Free! Seraphim === TTRPG - Wuxia - Free! Seln Alora
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Man, I am not a fan of that Moonstuck dub. Much prefer the comic.

Also, if we're posting MLP songs, how bout a something inspired by The Music Man!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ssl1RxwMWNA

Stabbity_Style.png
    reminder that the mspa thread has been pretty welcoming to new people in general

it's jjust that a lot of folks on both sides ain't care for the other fandom so we are frustrated to hafta see it

also i hate everyone so there's that

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    lauren faust is not actually a pony so I am imagining Hussie literally being carried around on her shoulders while she runs so fast she leaves flaming footprints

BahamutZERO.gif
  • FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    :|

except farg

farg sincerely and unironically owns

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    sheesh, sorry, i'll hurry up and get posting that crossover
    daaanger zooone

• Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    FAQ wrote: »
    :|

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Day of the Bear ships Isabela and The Batterwitch

Pass it on

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    it's jjust that a lot of folks on both sides ain't care for the other fandom

pathetic mate.

pa-thetic

• Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    The fight for supremacy if the thread has begun.

Unleah the fan trolls

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    cross pollination of fandoms is never a terrible thing. Gets people exposure to things outside of their chosen bubble of interests.

so long as they can resist the urge to be total geese, it's for the better.

jnij103vqi2i.png
    FAQ wrote: »
    it's jjust that a lot of folks on both sides ain't care for the other fandom

pathetic mate.

pa-thetic

yes i am

m6eoUgQ.jpg
    except farg

farg sincerely and unironically owns

this ones for you little guy
    Years in the future, but not many, Andrew and Lauren arrived at the Felt Manor. Immediately, both knew that something was wrong, but only Andrew was able to put his finger on it, for more reasons than one.

"Usually, the entrance is on fire..." he noted. "You can't begin a Felt Manor adventure if the entrance isn't on fire. Also, this place has one thousand and one clocks, and I can't hear a single one of them ticking."

"Neither of those can mean anything major." Lauren said. "If I had to guess, I'd say this is a ruse to distact us from something genuinely suspicious. Something like a particularly large henchman..."

"Oh yeah!"

"...sneaking up behind us." She finished, slowly turning around to find a particularly large henchman sneaking up behind them.

"I swear," Andrew said, "If that's Cans, I'm going to..." He turned around, his voice turning to a whimper by the time he'd finished. "...It's Cans."

"Oh yeah!" Cans repeated, literally clocking them into next week.

Okay I lied. He clocked them much further than that.

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
    Day of the Bear ships Isabela and The Batterwitch

Pass it on

isabela from da?

hmmmm, interesting ship, i like yr style wyborn

m6eoUgQ.jpg
    Day of the Bear ships Isabella and The Batterwitch

Pass it on