As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Florals, for spring? Groundbreaking. [Beauty/Fashion Thread]

• Options
    FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    unfortunately there wasn't a photoset from the Tswift shoot. Just that one picture! it was more about the art and art-fashion world grabbing onto Youtube and internet-style production

the same article has a good amount of stuff on K Pop and
    HyunA-Pop-Magazine-328x430.jpg

thinking about it now, it's very much right up your alley

ETqXK.png
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    For the record

I have been looking at pictures from that McQueen show for a couple days now and I can't fucking stop and I'm obsessed with it.

Especially the hair

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    FYI the old threads are missing from the list, I don't know if they got culled or what but:

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/170848/gurl-you-look-good-beautyfashion-thread/p1
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/167846/beauty-thread-vilify-vanity-or-be-beautifully-brainwashed/p1
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/162100/beauty-fashion-skincare-sephora-friends-and-family-sale-possibly-in-october/p1

they started as makeup threads and became beauty/fashion threads

I don't know why I am getting all pedantic up in here but it's probably because apart from posting a couple photos of dresses I just really can't get into the fashion side of it and I really want to talk more about makeup but no one talks about it anymore :c

[EDIT] never mind the threads are not in order which is how I missed them, I see this now

I want to talk about makeup! Let's talk about makeup!

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    I got a free bottle of BB Cream and I really want to give it a go but I'm scared because I have heard both wonderful and dropdead awful things about BB Creams. Do any of you guys use it regularly?

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    MakeupGeek has gone quite a bit downhill in recent months

her tutorials are still great and all, and I still love their products

but she's gotten all weird into this weight loss thing but it's actually clear she has no idea what she's talking about

she recently lost a lot of weight and got a tummy tuck and all that, and now she has a few videos of her cooking, and she did up a recipe episode for "healthy pasta"

but she says idiotic things like rice noodles are better for you than pasta because they're gluten-free, and she's trying to be gluten-free because it's "healthier" and I'm just like what no it's not where the fuck did you hear that

but yeah apparently this is "healthy" pasta because it's rice noodles instead!

on top of putting both jarrred pasta sauce and a can of crushed tomatoes into the sauce, which is like whaaaaaaaaa

I hope she goes back to just doing the makeup stuff, because she's good at it and the food/healthy living stuff is actually making her lose a lot of credibility

this is the video I am talking about: http://simplymarlena.com/weight-loss-journey/the-best-healthy-spaghetti-ever/

• Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    The BB creams I've tried have looked really awesome but felt icky on my skin, almost like pancake foundation

But I wear foundation so rarely I'm probably not the best person to give you guidance!

Usagi on
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    also holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit Urban Decay

http://www.urbandecay.com/foxy-four-way-24-7-by-urban-decay/365,default,pd.html

it's like my dream-team of eyeliner colors

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    I too am looking at bbcreams, I'm just reluctant to spend money right now. I still have quite a bit of colorstay foundation left but I need to mix it with other things to match my skintone and it gets annoying. I was looking at the Missha M bbcream no. 27, but I can't see it in person because I can only find places that sell it online :( There are American BBcreams but I am trying to suss out which ones are more than tinted moisturizer. I am trying to stick to lower-medium coverage, I don't really need anything more than that. I want something that looks natural.

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I get paid on monday and I'm seriously thinking about going to Lush and splurging a bit (I need to get more shampoo anyways).

or, do I take a day and go sit at the Bobbi Brown counter and be all "make me pretty! and help me find a red!"

If you were going to go to a counter, would you do Bobbi Brown, Mac?

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    Geth wants to be prettiest forum princess~

• Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    Who doesn't?

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    so
    the boots that I had resoled sprung another leak (in the heel, which wasn't resoled)
    so I'm STILL in the market for good looking, flat, long-ish boots (over mid-calf) which are warm, waterproof, and won't cost me a bajillion bucks.

urgh ...

• Options
    Yah, I could use some new boots as well, the soles of mine keep cracking horribly and I think they're beyond saving now :(

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    It's that time of year! Time to break out my floral cargo jorts!

• Options
    seriously someone point me to some boots and I will buy them
    I keep toying with sorels but the only ones I really like are always the way expensive ones, plus they're frankly overkill for this climate.

• Options
    I'm currently looking at these as cheap pairs of boots

One:
    Q77zjrS.jpg

mkFzgao.jpg

Two:
    JuCJUjA.jpg

MkkI8ih.jpg

• Options
    I like both of them, I'm not usually a fan of tan with pale soles so my inclination i sthe first set but they both look decent.

That said, speaking of overkill, you sure you need the (wool?) lining all the way up there in Humid McTemperateVille? :P

• Options
    Hah! Yeah I'm wary about that lining, but those are the best pairs in my price range. The runner-ups would have to be these:

Three:
    F10gExJ.jpg

ERxvvdl.jpg

Four:
    XRIAYKv.jpg

u8TtqrY.jpg

• Options
    Don't y'all's feet get hot and sweaty when you wear boots in the heat?

• Options
    Well, yeah, but it's autumn/winter time here and I could use some boots for PAX Aus in Melbourne which will be cold and windy as all heck.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    godmode wrote: »

And then you toughen up.

• Options
    Blake T wrote: »

And then you toughen up.

I mean, I'm not saying it's intolerable, having worn boots basically every day for years while I was in the military. But having hot sweaty feet now, while I'm free, just isn't optimal.

• Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    I got a free bottle of BB Cream and I really want to give it a go but I'm scared because I have heard both wonderful and dropdead awful things about BB Creams. Do any of you guys use it regularly?

Like muse, I have a hard time figuring out which BB creams are just tinted moisturizer, so I haven't tried any yet. I've heard physician's formula super bb cream and loreal youth code bb cream are the closest to the real thing, so I might pick one of those up!

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »

And then you toughen up.

I mean, I'm not saying it's intolerable, having worn boots basically every day for years while I was in the military. But having hot sweaty feet now, while I'm free, just isn't optimal.

Sorry I didnt finish typing, then you toughen up the airconditioning.

Seriously, it's not that bad.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Ubik wrote: »
    i need to get some sneakers i can wear without socks for the summmer tiiiiiiiiiiiiime

@Ubik maybe a mesh sneaker, like so?

• Options
    Sara LynnSara Lynn I can handle myself. Registered User regular
    I've never tried BB Creams, just because I like more coverage.

I still really like my Covergirl 3in1 foundation, even though I'm like 99% sure it's too pink for my skin. It seems like it's only visible in bright natural light, I can tell in the car mirror that my face is pretty pink. I've made Annie stare at my numerous times, and he says it's not very noticeable. I don't know. I really like it, so I hope most people wouldn't notice. I can't really afford fancy dept store foundations right now, which tend to have the neutral/yellow tones I need, so as far as drugstore foundations are concerned this is probably my best bet for now.

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    My shoes are starting to go. Think I need to get some new ones soon.

Probably gonna get more Vans because they are awesome and very comfortable.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    ScudoScudo Registered User regular
    I just bought some new vans as well, to replace my disgusting crusty chucks. And a bunch of colorful no-show socks.

• Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    I like the first and third one @Gatsby, now give me a link to them D:

• Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    Awww man was looking for a new messenger bag cause I've had mine for years now and this one from myhabit popped up today but its already sold out :(

http://www.thebritishbeltcompany.com/Castleton.html

Castleton.jpg

rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    AngelinaAngelina Registered User regular
    @Vivixenne and other people who actually have a clue about these thing (unlike me), I have a question!

I have a few face masks and I never know when to use them in my routine. I wash my face and then put on one but do I tone and moisturise once I've taken it off? My skin feels soft and not dry but now that I've started using toner I feel weird not doing that step. Though then I wonder whether the toner will remove the effects of the face mask. I'm rubbish at being a girl.

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    BB creams are bb-boss in my experience but that might just be because they were crazy popular in Seoul before I left I guess

On which note I'm almost out of my Korean face product number three. Hrm.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular

but she's gotten all weird into this weight loss thing but it's actually clear she has no idea what she's talking about

she recently lost a lot of weight and got a tummy tuck and all that, and now she has a few videos of her cooking, and she did up a recipe episode for "healthy pasta"

but she says idiotic things like rice noodles are better for you than pasta because they're gluten-free, and she's trying to be gluten-free because it's "healthier" and I'm just like what no it's not where the fuck did you hear that

on top of putting both jarrred pasta sauce and a can of crushed tomatoes into the sauce, which is like whaaaaaaaaa

I hope she goes back to just doing the makeup stuff, because she's good at it and the food/healthy living stuff is actually making her lose a lot of credibility

maybe it's just my friend group/family, but gluten-free is supposed to be healthier in general as far as I understand

the way gluten is processed changed some years ago, and now many people have an intolerance to it that may be pretty low-level

when folks kick gluten entirely for a couple of weeks, many report a noticeable improvement in overall gut health

so her statement isn't entirely incorrect, just maybe not globally applicable

kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular

maybe it's just my friend group/family, but gluten-free is supposed to be healthier in general as far as I understand

the way gluten is processed changed some years ago, and now many people have an intolerance to it that may be pretty low-level

when folks kick gluten entirely for a couple of weeks, many report a noticeable improvement in overall gut health

yeah, but as you're saying it's not really "gluten-free is healthier" but "you might be slightly intolerant to gluten, so maybe figure that out"

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    right. though I don't think anybody's health has ever worsened by avoiding gluten

kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    on-topic: the coach factory store is having a big fat sale if that's your thing http://www.ebay.com/rpp/coach/coach-factory-ebay/

some nice looking men's stuff, and some of their handbags are actually not hideous

kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    right. though I don't think anybody's health has ever worsened by avoiding gluten

oh not as far as I know either, not that I know much of anything in-depth about gluten

it's just off-putting when it's pushed as generally "healthier" for the same reason it's off-putting to blanket-push anything vaguely "organic" as being healthier

the upside is that more gluten-free food is available, which is cool for those who need it! But the trend being seized as a buzzword is as annoying as, well, that always is.

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    ReciprocityReciprocity Registered User regular

The really weird part of that recipe is using two jars of Prego sauce and calling it healthy

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    just got haircut from cousin
    1fkdCMn.png
    QmOClZ9.png
    uuvZyd0.png
    XBFs5Q4.png
    grantmorrison_lennon_invisibles.jpg

• Options
    Adorable!

This discussion has been closed.