As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat]muting

• Options
    AntinumericAntinumeric Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    I love reading threads where people try to find the most game-breaking rules/interpretations in mechanics-heavy role-playing games

like this for D&D4E
    This entirely theoretical build is designed to teleport the sun offensively. In theory, it steadily destroys the universe, or instantly destroys the planet. For less violent options, you can merely teleport your enemies into space, onto visible stars or the moon, or to remote mountains.
    IIRC that one breaks because due to the distance of the sun no one can actually pass a spot check to see it.

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Our train leaves in 25 minutes. I am excite.

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »

shut up no fun until I get there

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    I love reading threads where people try to find the most game-breaking rules/interpretations in mechanics-heavy role-playing games

like this for D&D4E
    This entirely theoretical build is designed to teleport the sun offensively. In theory, it steadily destroys the universe, or instantly destroys the planet. For less violent options, you can merely teleport your enemies into space, onto visible stars or the moon, or to remote mountains.
    IIRC that one breaks because due to the distance of the sun no one can actually pass a spot check to see it.

I think this is funnier than the build itself

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    Casual wrote: »
    simonwolf

they don't have bacon in Japan?

then they must not have civilisation

They do, but it's pretty expensive

Maybe one day I will indulge

all of my pity

you have it all

You should send me some bacon

Sending relief packages of cholesterol heavy meat to someone in an impoverished healthy nation sounds like something a Scottish person would do

"Your donation can help a well-paid white man escape the horror of bacon deprivation."

*a single tear falls from my eye as i reach for my wallet*

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular

like this for D&D4E

All you need to do is houserule that a natural 20 is an auto-success.

"You rolled a twenty! You successfully spotted the sun and determined its distance! Roll a fortitude save to avoid blindness."

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    @Casual, the budget is the worst thing in the world because it made the Mail transplant Osborne's face on to Thatcher's head on their front page and now I will never sleep again.

It's just depressing, really. He has his plan and he's going to stick to it and we'll have ten years of utter stagnation. Vince Cable must be wondering if he can get across the cabinet table fast enough to kill him before Cameron pulls him off.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Organichu wrote: »

shut up no fun until I get there

Sorry, j/o party on the train.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    Casual, the budget is the worst thing in the world because it made the Mail transplant Osborne's face on to Thatcher's head on their front page and now I will never sleep again.

It's just depressing, really. He has his plan and he's going to stick to it and we'll have ten years of utter stagnation. Vince Cable must be wondering if he can get across the cabinet table fast enough to kill him before Cameron pulls him off.

There's nothing quite so majestic as the inability to change course from an empirically disastrous policy because you don't want to admit you were wrong.

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    You gave Cass less time than the four minute warning to act, Deebs.

@RMS Oceanic I was about to go underground.
    :(

• Options
    @Casual, the budget is the worst thing in the world because it made the Mail transplant Osborne's face on to Thatcher's head on their front page and now I will never sleep again.

I thought it elegantly telling how he's cutting corporate tax again.

• Options

like this for D&D4E

All you need to do is houserule that a natural 20 is an auto-success.

"You rolled a twenty! You successfully spotted the sun and determined its distance! Roll a fortitude save to avoid blindness."
    Peasants toil the fields under a dark sky, none dare look up lest they spy the sun and are struck blind.

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    Man...really wishing I could go to Pax. :( *sighs* Maybe next year.

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Gonmun wrote: »

You and me.

Screw those jerks and their fun!

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    In response to someone noting that a group of level 3 monks in D&D3.5 could theoretically use the grapple rules to turn into a katamari and begin moving at 180 feet every six seconds:
    The REAL way to move fast is by getting two people with at least +99 Sleight of Hand. A DC 80 Sleight of Hand checks lets you "disappear" someone by displacing them up to 10 feet away. Normally this is a standard action, but you can make it a free action by taking -20 to the skill check. Thus, two people with +99 sleight of hand can alternate shifting each other, giving them infinite speed. For more fun, nothing says you can't shift them vertically, so now you have flight as well.

• Options

at this point i don't know if i even have it in me to pity the lib dems anymore

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    so i'm watching the Sopranos for the first time in my adult life. Episode 5 season 1.

Holy shit if you told kid me that i'd be rooting for a religious character to maintain his moral rigor there would have been so much asinine laughter.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Gonmun wrote: »

it is a little heart breaking to see everyone get to go off and have their fun

i have office work to look forward to

fuck this gay earth

• Options
    it has to be said it is both chilling and somewhat amusing to see the mail masturbating all over Osbourne & Co as being the return of the iron lady

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Hey guys, Just in case you know ..you feel like it or something. I'll gladly take the code for the free GoT:Ascent item from Disruptor Beams booth at PAX East.
    Just sayin'

JuhP5lb.png
    Booth: 786..
    You know just in case you have something to do at booth 787 or something.
    >.>

TTODewback on
    Bless your heart.
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    found my usb sticks randomly

no idea how they got there

• Options
    HamurabiHamurabi MiamiRegistered User regular
    Greenspan was not an academic. He was active politically, in an often self-aggrandizing manner, but the decisions of the Greenspan Fed were basically Taylor rule stuff, albeit badly done. This is not RBC stuff, you cannot do any RBC stuff as Fed chairman. Policy Ineffectiveness cuts both ways.

The old Keynesians formed the neo-Keynesian synthesis by hammering the neoclassical model until it exhibited Keynesian dynamics; similarly, the New Keynesians formed their modern synthesis by doing the same to RBC. It's how they achieved unity with the monetarists. I am not sure how fair it is to imply that the modelling approach is justified through politics, because there are authentically no good alternatives. Everyone tried a return to pure neo-Keynesian-style ad-hoc modelling backed up with the very bleeding edge in structural VAR estimation, but it didn't pan out, no relationship was sufficiently stable.

@ronya

So the Old and New Keynesians took the RBC 'markets will always oscillate up and down, but on net will always grow' idea and basically said "We'd like to get rid of the down parts" ...?

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Also, fuck Pollen.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    it has to be said it is both chilling and somewhat amusing to see the mail masturbating all over Osbourne & Co as being the return of the iron lady

COjHGe4.jpg?1

She's been waiting

• Options

at this point i don't know if i even have it in me to pity the lib dems anymore
    I don't know if it's intentional but it really looks like the lib dems have done everything possible to sabotage their legitimacy as a political party.

• Options

COjHGe4.jpg?1

She's been waiting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jINZBOxdja8

• Options
    MentalExerciseMentalExercise Indefenestrable Registered User regular
    so i'm watching the Sopranos for the first time in my adult life. Episode 5 season 1.

Holy shit if you told kid me that i'd be rooting for a religious character to maintain his moral rigor there would have been so much asinine laughter.

I haven't Sopranoed in years. Is this Carmella's priest here?

"More fish for Kunta!"

--LeVar Burton
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    I LIVE

@surrealitycheck I fell asleep early last night. wat up?

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    i failed you guys

if you pay me a salary of 30k/year i will quit my job and make chat threads full time

• Options
    HamurabiHamurabi MiamiRegistered User regular
    Sopranos is an excellent, excellent series.

But yes, the Father Intintola (sp?) storyline did not turn out the way I expected it to.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Haha so my girlfriend got bf3 from the Sim City free game. All the expansions are $15 a piece.

BF3 premium is like $30 at the store. Why the fuck would someone drop $90 on expansions? I'd figure they'd make them like $5 a pop.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    i failed you guys

if you pay me a salary of 30k/year i will quit my job and make chat threads full time

I would like to apply for this position.

• Options

COjHGe4.jpg?1

She's been waiting

*Thatcher drives past you in a tank*

Thatcher: WHO AM I?????

*tank speeds away*
    poor taste? probably

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    Hamurabi wrote: »
    Greenspan was not an academic. He was active politically, in an often self-aggrandizing manner, but the decisions of the Greenspan Fed were basically Taylor rule stuff, albeit badly done. This is not RBC stuff, you cannot do any RBC stuff as Fed chairman. Policy Ineffectiveness cuts both ways.

The old Keynesians formed the neo-Keynesian synthesis by hammering the neoclassical model until it exhibited Keynesian dynamics; similarly, the New Keynesians formed their modern synthesis by doing the same to RBC. It's how they achieved unity with the monetarists. I am not sure how fair it is to imply that the modelling approach is justified through politics, because there are authentically no good alternatives. Everyone tried a return to pure neo-Keynesian-style ad-hoc modelling backed up with the very bleeding edge in structural VAR estimation, but it didn't pan out, no relationship was sufficiently stable.

@ronya

So the Old and New Keynesians took the RBC 'markets will always oscillate up and down, but on net will always grow' idea and basically said "We'd like to get rid of the down parts" ...?

yeah

yeah, I think so

@hamurabi

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    i failed you guys

I would like to apply for this position.

fuq u is mine

• Options
    @jacobkosh gtalk yo

• Options
    I need a better way to harass all the PAX East people to get me a free card from Kris Straub's booth

• Options
    edited March 2013
    [quote="Dread Pirate Arbuthnot;26178848"][quote="RMS Oceanic;26178840"][quote="Dread Pirate Arbuthnot;26178831"]i failed you guys

if you pay me a salary of 30k/year i will quit my job and make chat threads full time[/quote]

I would like to apply for this position.[/quote]

fuq u is mine[/quote]

i will fight you for it

i warn you

i am a hair puller and a biter

Casual on
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    The ladies in my office do not fuck around when it comes to baked goods.

I just had a cupcake with Bailey's icing, stuffed with a Guinness dark chocolate truffle filling.

And now I'm fat.

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    I don't think I finished The Sopranos. It's dated quite badly and the meandering structure means that it never triggers the "Ooooh, we have to watch another episode right now" response that other things do.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
This discussion has been closed.