As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat]muting

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    I really doubt the Dreamcast Sonic games have aged well at all, assuming they were ever that good.

• Options
    KevinNashKevinNash Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    Fifth: JESUS CHRIST WHY DID EVERYONE GET FIRED HOLY SHIT

He made someone uncomfortable enough that they complained.
    She could not effectively do her job in Developer Relations anymore.

No, her employer caved to terrorism. Pure and simple.

Could she not have gotten her point across without posting pictures? She could have tweeted the exact same thing without the photo and kept the people anonymous and then nobody gets fired but still raises the point that the culture in tech is generally sexist.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    So scopes are acquired with certs, and it doesn't look like there's a way to just buy certs. And each scope is attached to a specific gun? So if I get a new gun I have to unlock another scope?

Are you fellas talking about BF3? That sounds like BF3.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    Drez wrote: »
    Just ragging on you Harmony Korine

I've only seen Gummo out of his movies, and I don't know if I can really call it, good, per se

But it's certainly strange

Spring Breakers just looks like he decided to make a movie that's semi accessible

Holy crap it's by that dude?! The guy who made Kids which scarred me for life? This is definitely adding a hitherto unforeseen dimension to this movie...

Wait Spring Breakers is by the people who did Kids? Shit, I'mma see it.

Yeah. He apparently uses the bright colors and grating Skrillex soundtrack to disorient the viewer and turn a sunny, MTV-Spring Break style environment into a despair filled hellhole

Looks quite interesting

the theme of this key and peele video is apparently present in spring breakers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxWzsrj8bZE

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    @abdhyius

Have you seen this Enemy Starfighter thing? Bungie guy making a hybrid 3d fleet strategy game and in-the-cockpit space sim, with persistent fleets and dynamic campaign events.

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/172649/enemy-starfighter-freespace-flotilla-or-x-wing-homeworld#latest

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular

I've only seen Gummo out of his movies, and I don't know if I can really call it, good, per se

Spring Breakers just looks like he decided to make a movie that's semi accessible

Holy crap it's by that dude?! The guy who made Kids which scarred me for life? This is definitely adding a hitherto unforeseen dimension to this movie...

Yeah. He apparently uses the bright colors and grating Skrillex soundtrack to disorient the viewer and turn a sunny, MTV-Spring Break style environment into a despair filled hellhole

Looks quite interesting

That actually does sound interesting.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    So scopes are acquired with certs, and it doesn't look like there's a way to just buy certs. And each scope is attached to a specific gun? So if I get a new gun I have to unlock another scope?

No, Planetside 2.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular

No, Planetside 2.

I see. Hm.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    ok, last one i promise
    8vPXKYy.jpg

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Yeah. He apparently uses the bright colors and grating Skrillex soundtrack
    more like deal breakers

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Haha, that one is awesome, Casual.

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Overate at lunch.
    They misplaced a soup order so I got a free cup of soup with my food.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    Nova_C wrote: »
    Haha, that one is awesome, Casual.

i know right?

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular

Looks quite interesting

the theme of this key and peele video is apparently present in spring breakers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxWzsrj8bZE

That's an incredibly apt comparison, that sketch is basically exactly what I meant

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    "Skrillex" reminds me of "skillet" like ordering a breakfast Skrillex at Denny's.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    sensors detect it is time for lunch

• Options
    i love how in all these comics the US is wearing shades and the UK has a top hat and monocle

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Work internet is down.

Fuck this 1993 earth.

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Ok! Showered!

The first day all week I've had water before six pm!

Now to go get some groceries, but the only store within walking distance is a "dented can" store, where they take the rejected merchandise from big boxers and put them on individual sale at a discount so I won't be getting bread, vegetables, meat, or really anything that doesn't come in a can or box.

But I'm down to a can of peas and some ramen in the pantry so needs must.

I miss having a Sainsbury's or a Shaw's within a half mile of my apartment. Stupid Florida.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    I'm just going to say it, America has by far the worst names for it's stores.

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular

Sainsbury's is British!

Shaw's is pretty dumb though.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod

spoken like a man who hasn't heard of Piggly Wiggly

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Podly wrote: »
    getting so many errands done today

like a baws

Acculy, bawses have ppl run errand fr dem

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    I DONT WANT TO BE ON THIS CALL ANYMORE

I NEED AN ADULT

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    for anyone not at PAX, there is hell of good stuff on sale this weekend. GoG has stuff like Master of Orion, Rollercoaster Tycoon and Master of Magic. And Steam has a hundred bazillion indie games on sale.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Does anyone else picture America coming in from the sky with his hat spinning like a propeller and making chopper noises, in that comic

• Options
    Guess who can't find his fucking credit card?

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    this recipe suggests that diced raw potato will cook satisfactorily in a 200 degree oven in fifteen minutes

I am skeptical

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    I really doubt the Dreamcast Sonic games have aged well at all, assuming they were ever that good.

Much like on the Genesis, the first is a dog, the second holds up surprisingly well.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    America has ice cream because it is awesome.

• Options
    for anyone not at PAX, there is hell of good stuff on sale this weekend. GoG has stuff like Master of Orion, Rollercoaster Tycoon and Master of Magic. And Steam has a hundred bazillion indie games on sale.

GoG also just got Clive Barker's Undying. If you haven't played that, it's a terrific shooter with puzzles and exploration.

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    that K&P bit is the best

• Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Slept in, listening to bat-podcast, eating breakfast.

Today's a good day

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular

japan wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    2233448.jpg
    This is how they visualize it
    4-1.5.1h%202538.jpg

This is the sea area it would bypass. Stad.

My mind is blown.

It's an underground canal, albeit a big one.

And underground roads are called tunnels.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »

GoG also just got Clive Barker's Undying. If you haven't played that, it's a terrific shooter with puzzles and exploration.

I keep starting that and never really getting any further than the intro bit at the mansion before I end up moving computers and losing the save.

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    ooh, Costume Quest is one of the games on sale. That is good times.
    (back to browsing the list)

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    Starflight automatically deletes the save when you die. I better find where the saves are so I can save them because fuck that.

• Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    Jesus, how does Word Autosave lock up my entire computer when it's running? What the christ is it writing? And why is it not an automatic background process that runs in it's own thread using point in time snapshots, and writing more or less continuously?

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular

No, Planetside 2.

Yes and yes. But you can buy an xp boost.

Also a gun is a thousand, a scope thirty.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    In America all citizens get all the free ice cream they want all the time

well at least white male Americans

siht we're spos to keep that a secret

This discussion has been closed.