As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

STEAM | GO FIND THE NEW THREAD

• JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    For folks who listen to Idle Thumbs, you might recall them talking about Cart Life last December - it's on Steam now as of about 3 days ago, and is 30% as part of this sale.

• FremFrem Registered User regular
    Sumanai wrote: »
    They've done the same thing with the two previous versions. It's going to become a yearly thing just like Fifa, Nba, CoD and games alike. Better start getting used to it.

A practice they've held with the physical game for a decade? The nerve!

On the plus side, the new version is adding Android to the list of platforms. Hopefully there will be cross platform play between Steam and mobile, because it was pretty rad when Hero Academy did that.

Elvenshae
  • TreadLifeTreadLife CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Congrats to @slappybag for winning my Super House of Dead Ninjas. Try not to eat them all at once.

Also, congrats to cg for getting Steam Gifts back up so I could see who won.

steam_sig.png
  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Any chance Torchlight 2 will go on sale with this indie sale that is happening?

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Good sales on Gamefly now.

http://www.gamefly.com/download-games/browse/?pf=1100&cat=OnSale&adtrackingid=cmju321#.UUwNhhysiSo

Dishonored 23 bucks
    Borderlands 2 20 bucks

Steamworks. Other notables include Syndicate for 5 bucks (Origin).

Also @Stragint, Gamefly appears to be putting Torchlight 2 back on sale on Saturday and Sunday for 7 bucks. Steam key.

Corpekata on
  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Corpekata wrote: »
    Good sales on Gamefly now.

http://www.gamefly.com/download-games/browse/?pf=1100&cat=OnSale&adtrackingid=cmju321#.UUwNhhysiSo

Dishonored 23 bucks
    Borderlands 2 20 bucks

Steamworks. Other notables include Syndicate for 5 bucks (Origin).

Also @Stragint, Gamefly appears to be putting Torchlight 2 back on sale on Saturday and Sunday for 7 bucks. Steam key.

Awesome, thank you. Been waiting for a sale.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    Any chance Torchlight 2 will go on sale with this indie sale that is happening?

It was on sale on gamefly a day ago for 6.75 i did post it in the thread.

PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    So, I did my first week of An Item Shops Tale.

That's kinda neat, I'm already feeling the day by day rhythm that Magical Diary had so this doesn't bode well for other, serious games about space and shooting mans.

Also sod the little girls 10% mark up is not acceptable levels of Capitalism.

StollsDrovekElvenshae
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    iRevert wrote: »

Faaaaaaaaaaaaawk I don't get paid until Monday! How long is this price going to be for?

SmokeStacks on
  • TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    Is there an easy way search for controller compatible games? I've been using my computer for Steam Big Picture mode almost exclusively lately, and need more games to play with my controller.

EH28YFo.jpg
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Taranis wrote: »
    Is there an easy way search for controller compatible games? I've been using my computer for Steam Big Picture mode almost exclusively lately, and need more games to play with my controller.

If you click on advanced search from the storefront, and then click on category, two of the filters you can set are partial and full controller support.

• CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular

Faaaaaaaaaaaaawk I don't get paid until Monday! How long is this price going to be for?

It's up until the 24th.

• TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    Taranis wrote: »

If you click on advanced search from the storefront, and then click on category, two of the filters you can set are partial and full controller support.

Cool. Thanks.

EH28YFo.jpg
  • Gigazombie CybermageGigazombie Cybermage Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

That's kinda neat, I'm already feeling the day by day rhythm that Magical Diary had so this doesn't bode well for other, serious games about space and shooting mans.

I HATE those little girls. Not to mention, that even if you hit the villager's sweet spot percentage markup-wise, if you ask for too much many they won't pay.

• turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Ok so, I don't want to sound like a shill but, To the Moon is on sale for $4 or $5 if you want the soundtrack, and more people need to play that game. It's so good guys. If your thinking of grabbing some stuff from the indie sale, I highly recommend it.

X22wmuF.jpg
    Drovek
  • RoshinRoshin My backlog can be seen from space SwedenRegistered User regular
    edited March 2013

Roshin on
    steam_sig.png
    Gethtestsubject23
  • IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Sorry about the delay. On to the winners!

signature.png

@Ryadic

signature.png

@Dahkath (Hooray - more Borderlands in the world!)

signature.png

@slappybag

signature.png

@Mr. Mojo Risin

EDIT:

That is a hell of a value for anyone looking to pick up BL2.

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
    DissociaterslappybagMr. Mojo RisinKid Presentable
  • TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    Gosh darnit, missed the amazon XCOM sale!

steam_sig.png
  • DahkathDahkath Registered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »
    signature.png

@Dahkath (Hooray - more Borderlands in the world!)

Sweet! That will go nicely with my Borderlands 2. Thanks a lot @lolo, it was a tough field, but I beat them all!

• SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    All the Bit.Trip games (except Runner 2) are on sale for $2.50! I might just re-buy Void and Core.

• RyadicRyadic Registered User regular

Thank you, kind sir.

steam_sig.png
  • RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    I'm very bad about remembering to do these:

signature.png

signature.png

These end at 8 tonight. In 11 1/2 hours. I will get the games to the winners tomorrow morning.

Good luck!

steam_sig.png
  • jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Somebody said in the last thread that an amazon guy said the $30 2K credit would work on the season pass. I hope he's right, but the amazon page says this "To redeem your credit, simply return and purchase a 2K Games digital download (excluding BioShock Infinite, BioShock Infinite Season Pass, and games available for pre-order), and the discount will be automatically applied."

I want to believe, but that text really makes me think it wouldn't work. At least it's good until some time in 2014.

camo_sig2.png
  • StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular

Yeah, it's a great game to play in short bursts. If you don't have time for a dungeon trip, you can just clock in at the store, faff about around town for a bit, try to get Louie to buy something besides another goddamn muffler, and count your money all inside five-ten minutes.

And dat catchy shop theme:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLvVryt1fLQ

kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
    Elvenshae
  • Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    jclast wrote: »
    Somebody said in the last thread that an amazon guy said the $30 2K credit would work on the season pass. I hope he's right, but the amazon page says this "To redeem your credit, simply return and purchase a 2K Games digital download (excluding BioShock Infinite, BioShock Infinite Season Pass, and games available for pre-order), and the discount will be automatically applied."

I want to believe, but that text really makes me think it wouldn't work. At least it's good until some time in 2014.

Confirmation direct from Tony:
    http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10587099#post10587099

Pixelated Pixie on
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular

It's up until the 24th.

Or it's already done because it's telling me it's unavailable now.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    ArcSyn wrote: »

It's up until the 24th.

Or it's already done because it's telling me it's unavailable now.

They probably burned through those CD keys like mad

• Mr. Mojo RisinMr. Mojo Risin Registered User regular
    Sorry about the delay. On to the winners!

signature.png

@Mr. Mojo Risin

Holy shit I am going to murder so many relatives, thank you so much.

steam_sig.png
    RyadicElvenshae
    Luchaire wrote: »
    jclast wrote: »

Confirmation direct from Tony:
    http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10587099#post10587099
    I can't see CAG at work, but that is awesome, and you're awesome for reassuring me. Thanks! Bioshock Infinite season pass here I come!

camo_sig2.png
  • shdwcastershdwcaster South DakotaRegistered User regular
    One of the fun things that I realized when I started posting in this thread, was finding out that I'm not the only dad on here with four kids. Granted @jclast's are a different age than my four, but it's nice to not be the only one. Four is a good number, and my wife and I decided it was time to stop.

Well, apparently the only time we can beat 0.7% odds, is when it comes to children. There's a Shdwcaster 5.0 scheduled to launch right around PAX Prime. And while little 5.0 is probably going to screw up my PAX Prime plans something fierce, I figured what better way to celebrate my upcoming upgrade to father of 5 than with an appropriately numbered giveaway.

signature.png

This is actually a giveaway for The Heroes Pack, which includes Dark Messiah, Heroes V, and the expansions Hammers of Fate & Tribes of the East.

Because someday, I will have five little heroes. And we shall be a force to be reckoned with in whatever game we choose to play.

Albino BunnyCuvisTheConquerorCorriganXTaranisDahkathPixelated PixieIolotestsubject23CenoCheesecakeRecipeRandomHajileHiT BiTvegeta_666DoctorArchElvenshaezagdrobBroncbusterArcSynHuntingNoobDissociaterDrakeToyDUndead ScottsmanIcemopperemp123TeeManStollsIncindiumBanzai5150RyadicironsizideGandalf_the_CrazedVorpalan_altKid Presentable
    Holy cow - contratulations, @shdwcaster!

camo_sig2.png
    Iolo
  • SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    Did anyone else get a $5 refund from Amazon recently? I just saw it on my credit card statement, on March 15th. It just says "Amazon marketplace" and I couldn't find anything about it on my Amazon account.

Grats on hero 5, @shdwcaster! :)

But really, the sensible thing is to stop at 3. Because most co-op games are sold in 4-packs.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~

But really, the sensible thing is to stop at 3. Because most co-op games are sold in 4-packs.

As a father of 4, the sensible thing is to stop at 2. The world is not designed for families with more than 2 kids. I love my kids to death, but trying to get a hotel room or rent a car or other things that normal families do easily is a bear and a half with 4 kids under the age of 3.

camo_sig2.png
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    I'm pondering my GMG Bioshock Infinite bundle choices. It's coming down to The Darkness II or Mafia II. I'm leaning Darkness II. How playable is it without having played the first one?

APODionysus
  • baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular

I'm thinking, teach the youngest to hit the heal button and instant MMORPG group.

Elvenshae
  • CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    I have one (who just turned 1), and right now I'm feeling like that's plenty.

Broncbuster
    I figure, kids are like tattoos. There's two typical reactions:
    1. Once you have one you keep getting more, or
    2. Eww, why would anyone do that to themselves?

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    Elvenshae
  • DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    I figure, kids are like tattoos. There's two typical reactions:
    1. Once you have one you keep getting more, or
    2. Eww, why would anyone do that to themselves?

And in both cases, lasers can remove them.

Wait...

steam_sig.png( < . . .
    vegeta_666JeixCuvisTheConquerorAlbino BunnyMagic PinkElvenshaeCroakerBCMuppetmanSpoitzagdrobRandomHajileIoloAPODionysusDrakeUndead ScottsmanStollsironsizideGandalf_the_CrazedVorpalriz
This discussion has been closed.