Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Reverse DNS?

EnderEnder Registered User regular
Okay, so this is a question for where I work, but I'm hoping one of you geniuses can cut down our poking at the server time down a bit.

We had an email server crash, and now we're getting reverse DNS errors from outside email servers. Apparently, the crash shut off us showing our IP address.

The problem being, we're having issues figuring out where to correct this problem. We can't seem to find the stupid switch that says "yes, set up our reverse DNS, you stupid motherfucker."

Anyone have experience with reverse DNS problems?

eahenryii wrote: »

i've resorted to reading your posts in William Shatner's voice.

I am now using the Christopher Walken voice.

• DjeetDjeet Registered User regular
    It's your ISP that hosts your reverse DNS records since they "own" your IP addresses. Of course this is not the situation if you're an IBM, Intel or Google, but I'm thinking that's not likely.

• EnderEnder Registered User regular
    Hrm, really. That makes sense, if I had bothered to think about it. I'll check up and see if it fixes things.

eahenryii wrote: »

i've resorted to reading your posts in William Shatner's voice.

I am now using the Christopher Walken voice.