As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Three Wishes

Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed VigiloConfidoRegistered User regular
edited March 2007 in Critical Failures
So I spun the Satanic Wheel of Fortune, and lucked out -- instead of being instantly enslaved/losing all my weapons (as has happened in the past), I was granted three wishes. The first order of business is clear -- I am currently without armor of any kind. What badass armor should I wish for?

Also, any other really good ideas for wishes? Preferably things which help out the whole party, because they'll skewer me if I use all three on personal equipment.

Here's the basics about my character:

Medium Elf
Lvl 8 Ardent
Current Mantles: Natural World, Communication, Time, Mental Power
In a strange twist, I was given free-action shapeshifting to shapes medium or smaller.
Currently carrying a Crossbow of +3 Uselessness

Thanks in advance for the help. :-)

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
Gandalf_the_Crazed on

• Options
    Cynic JesterCynic Jester Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    "I wish the rest of my party turned in to dead sexy women wanting to have sex with me".

Cynic Jester on
  • Options
    Alexan DriteAlexan Drite Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    "I wish the rest of my party turned in to dead sexy women wanting to have sex with me".

Granted! The rest of your party morphs into a female Nightwalker who is wanting to get *much* closer to you.

Alexan Drite on
  • Options
    Cynic JesterCynic Jester Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    See, that's what wishes are all about. Things like "Dead sexy" and other slight errors that lead to your unfortunate demise. When I get wishes in a DnD game, I ignore them. To wish is to die. Pretty much.

Cynic Jester on
  • Options
    Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Whatever armor you wish for be sure to add something along the lines of "That has never been owned, possessed, or worn before", less you find angry godlings coming to kill you for thievery.

Also be sure to add "That is the correct size for me to wear" and "to appear 5 feet in front of me on the floor"(or similar).

Last Son on
  • Options
    InxInx Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Wish to never get sick again.

Phrased correctly, you gain immunity to all diseases.

Then wish for a deck of many things, and give it to the party. If theyre smart, they'll draw one. If they're MEN, they'll draw five.

Inx on
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Wish for an interesting life.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Inx wrote: »
    Wish to never get sick again.

Phrased correctly, you gain immunity to all diseases.
    Phrased incorrectly though and you might get turned into a zombie, or just killed outright.
    I mean, corpses don't get sick, do they?

Guess it depends on how much of a dick your DM is.

see317 on
  • Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    wish to be the god of correctly worded wishes

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Who's granting the wishes? Wish death upon them!

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    maybe if you wish to have your following wishes taken EXACTLY as intended, with no phrasing loopholes exploited?

Inx on
  • Options
    piLpiL Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I wish I never had any wishes.

piL on
  • Options
    INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Inx wrote: »
    maybe if you wish to have your following wishes taken EXACTLY as intended, with no phrasing loopholes exploited?
    It's reasonable to argue that the way you word your wish is exactly how you intend it, and thusly, you're only wishing to be absolutely fucked instead of maybe fucked.

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    AcidSerraAcidSerra Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Wish to have all wishes granted only after the third wish has been spoken.
    Wish to be teleported, correctly and in 1 whole undamaged piece, to the nearest town.
    Wish there was a Gold Dragon in the cave.

Laugh your ass off while the rest of the party insta-wipes.

AcidSerra on
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    AcidSerra wrote: »
    Wish to be teleported, correctly and in 1 whole undamaged piece, to the nearest town.

Er...you know they come in Tiny size now, right? It's sad but tiny dragons are so silly.

Besides, why Gold? They might actually talk to the party to find out who just made them appear here, Red are usually more of the eat people then wonder what the fuck just happened variety.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    AcidSerraAcidSerra Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

Er...you know they come in Tiny size now, right? It's sad but tiny dragons are so silly.

Besides, why Gold? They might actually talk to the party to find out who just made them appear here, Red are usually more of the eat people then wonder what the fuck just happened variety.

Just randomly picked a color. Yeah would suck if they pulled in a tiny, so just edit the wording a little something like, "I wish there was a Red Dragon that is at least ten feet tall in this cave."

AcidSerra on
  • Options
    edited March 2007

Just randomly picked a color. Yeah would suck if they pulled in a tiny, so just edit the wording a little something like, "I wish there was a Red Dragon that is at least ten feet tall in this cave."

Or, more simply, an actual size category - "I wish there was a giant red dragon in that cave"

Inx on
  • Options
    DeepQantasDeepQantas Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Wish that the wish-giver will die permanently after a week with no chance of being resurrected or raising as an undead, unless you voluntarily release him from this wish before that.

Should make him very helpful for your next two wishes.

Of course it only works on actual living entities...

DeepQantas on
    m~