As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Looking for an old song/music video (80s probably)

LibrarianLibrarian The face of liberal fascismRegistered User regular
Now this is a very long shot, as I remember nothing at all about the song, except that it might have been some sort of They Might Be Giants or Talking Heads style weirdness, definitely not your regular radio pop.
I have seen that video on MTV in the 90s exactly one time and I think it is set in a house or shack and at the end of the video the camera zooms down and you see the different layers of ground and rock beneath the house and it goes a long way down till maybe you see some dinosaur fossils or something?
The whole look had something 80s movie about it, maybe early 90s.
This might be a one hit wonder band if it was that at all, the name was not familiar to me back then and our local small and shitty German record store didn't know them either, so I have no clue if the song got more airplay in the states.
I know this is not much to go by, but then again this forum has surprised me before, so fire away!

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    It wasn't Peter Gabriel's Digging in the Dirt, was it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0C3DHp36zc

• Options
    LibrarianLibrarian The face of liberal fascism Registered User regular
    Nope, unfortunately not, I know and would have remembered that song.

• Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Even a few words would be a huge help.

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    LibrarianLibrarian The face of liberal fascism Registered User regular
    Yeah I know, but I saw this video about 20 years ago and back then it bugged me and I tried to find the song but couldn't and it just popped back into my head yesterday.
    I remember absolutely nothing about the lyrics, just how the video ended.