As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mass Effect 3] Bioware doing a ME3 MP map survey for those interested.

• Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Black Widow is the definition to me of an infiltrators weapon.

For a few seconds, you are god and if you can hit all the shots you decimate.

Then you have to cower for a few seconds.

Also I can't stand using snipers on non infiltrators. Other than the Sal Engineer I can't imagine using a rifle on a non-Infiltrator.

Though if I could take the scope off of rifles I'd probably use the Viper or Valiant on a ton of classes.

Regina Fong
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Valiant works on pretty much any class you just can't be playing all up in the face of the baddies

• curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    Valiant works on pretty much any class you just can't be playing all up in the face of the baddies

i can no longer play any class - ANY class - without having to hold myself back from playing in melee-range

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
    Mild ConfusionDeadfallDhalphirStrikorRenegade Wolf
  • AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    You know, I legit did not expect Citadel to reveal that Garrus-romancing Femshep was into
    roleplaying, particularly in public. And that tango, damn!
    Playing out a "first date" was absolutely adorable.

Then Garrus ups the ante by being smooth as hell, like, goddamn.

i can no longer play any class - ANY class - without having to hold myself back from playing in melee-range

Which is why you are such a beast and I am terrible with Not-EDI

• drunkenpandarendrunkenpandaren Slapping all the goblin ham In the top laneRegistered User regular
    I wish my Striker was a higher level so it wasn't heavy as shit because it's incredibly satisfying shooting people with it. That sound it makes is incredibly sexy.

Origin: HaxtonWasHere
    Steam: pandas_gota_gun
  • curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    I wish my Striker was a higher level so it wasn't heavy as shit because it's incredibly satisfying shooting people with it. That sound it makes is incredibly sexy.

i wish it had 10 times its current ammo capacity. as it is, it's hilarious fun on a tursoldier with marksman, but it has less ammo than the got dam harrier

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular

Yep.

Claymore infiltrator
    Smashguard
    Slayer

All my favorite classes, all done at a range so close that they look like a DA character when done.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Why many animal on Helyme? They extinct. Helyme bad at extinct.

• manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    I've multiplayered quite a bit and I've never had the single player problems curly is talking about. Weird.

Albino Bunny
  • Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Fellow members of the glorious PC master race: you guys up for some MP?

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    I've multiplayered quite a bit and I've never had the single player problems curly is talking about. Weird.

The lack of shield gate is really obvious in the Armax Arena.

yeah the number of purely bullshit full-shields-to-dead moments there was astounding

and the time dilation is like a microscope that lets you zoom in on the fact that you have in fact been one-shotted

RxI0N.png
  • MetalMagusMetalMagus Too Serious Registered User regular

yeah the number of purely bullshit full-shields-to-dead moments there was astounding

and the time dilation is like a microscope that lets you zoom in on the fact that you have in fact been one-shotted

No where is this more glaring than vs the N7 Shepard clones. God DAMN that fight is frustrating. That fight is so rough, I found the glitched permadeath Atlas+Scion+Banshee+Prime fight relaxing in comparison. Shepard difficulty is Diamond Difficulty. Or maybe Eezo Difficulty.

• Phoenix138Phoenix138 ArizonaRegistered User regular
    My best guess is SP uses the original Charge while MP's Charge has been modified through multiple patches to grant additional immunity frames in an attempt to reduce off-host de-syncs.

Dhalphir
    Oneshotted with shields? Yeesh.

Phoenix138 wrote: »
    My best guess is SP uses the original Charge while MP's Charge has been modified through multiple patches to grant additional immunity frames in an attempt to reduce off-host de-syncs.

well ME3 default charge must have been nerfed from ME2's default charge, then

because this shit did not happen in ME2. i died lots, sure, but it was due to stupid decisions, not game inconsistency

RxI0N.png
    Fucking hell, my credits just vanished again :evil:

2 out of 3 games today that's happened.

Maz- wrote: »

i would but i have a robot to build :(

RxI0N.png
    PLA
  • Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular

Better than sitting through a theatrical production of Oklahoma. The average age here is astounding.

:P

Better than sitting through a theatrical production of Oklahoma. The average age here is astounding.

:P

it usually is. doesn't mean theater is only for the old, though :P

RxI0N.png
    Albino Bunny
  • Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular

Excuses

steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

• Phoenix138Phoenix138 ArizonaRegistered User regular
    I still maintain you're going about finding true love all wrong.

BotznoyBlackbird SR-71CCorehealerAlbino BunnyDhalphirZombie GandhiCaptain ElevenArdolStrikorShen
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular

If it isn't a Legion clone with a giant hole in it, it ain't true love.

488W936.png
    Phoenix138Dhalphir
  • Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    Has anyone been getting a bug recently in MP where you can no longer take cover? Like you'll move toward the cover and duck behind it but then immediately pop back out.

• NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    I got that a little bit during one of the PA game sprees, it only seemed to be on a specific spot though, if I moved to the side a bit I could into cover.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • RollsavagerRollsavager Registered User regular
    Last Son wrote: »
    Has anyone been getting a bug recently in MP where you can no longer take cover? Like you'll move toward the cover and duck behind it but then immediately pop back out.

The only time I've seen this happen is when I'm charging a weapon like the Arc Pistol or Geth Plasma Shotgun.

i don't care what she looks like, the fact that she has liquid helium tanks in her forearms means she's snap-frozen my heart

RxI0N.png
    PLAPhoenix138DhalphirBotznoyStrikor
    edited April 2013
    Just fell asleep during planet-scanning. Well, a while ago, as I'm awake again now.

PLA on
    PLA wrote: »
    Just fell asleep during planet-scanning. Well, a while ago, as I'm awake again now.

I blame the music, so relaxing...

PLA
  • Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Anyone use Gibbeds Save Editor to edit Romances? I killed my Miranda romance since there was nothing to it before the Citadel DLC. Now that I'm done with Amalur and they've added more via CitDLC, I'm trying to activate it again without having to go back to post-palaven. I've got a save right before you meet her in the apartment but I can't get the romance to continue. I've tried setting every Liara bool I can find to False and every Miranda one to True but no luck.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
    It's a miracle! I played two games in a row and got credits for both of them!

I'm getting close to the various enemy masteries now.
    Well, except Cerberus and Reapers. Fucking Guardians and Husks.

Guardians are easy to kill (hey-o piercing mod) but it just feels like there's never enough of them.

• RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    I love when a long line of Guardians emerges on Wave 8. They love to get particle laser fed through the mailslot.

• IblisIblis Registered User regular
    Man, the PC version of the game really thinks I want Infiltrators. AIU, Drell Assassin, Huntress, Shadow, Quarian (Male and Female), and Salarian. Where as I really want a Fury, or a Phoenix Adept, or a Collector. And the only adepts I have unlocked are the Drell and Volus. RNG, curse you!

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    So I unboxed the volus protector. I also have a batarian gauntlet V. Is that combination actually viable at all, or is it more for the hilarity of shinpunching things to death?

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • AchireAchire Isn't life disappointing? Yes, it is. Registered User regular

i don't care what she looks like, the fact that she has liquid helium tanks in her forearms means she's snap-frozen my heart

It's all fun and games until you see the gas bill. Liquid helium is fucking expensive.

envoy1
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    So I unboxed the volus protector. I also have a batarian gauntlet V. Is that combination actually viable at all, or is it more for the hilarity of shinpunching things to death?

Everything is viable on Silver.

Gold? If you find a big weapons platform to follow around (N7 Destroyer, Juggernaut, Battlemaster) and play mostly support with a few dickpunches thrown in, you can do ok.

Achire wrote: »

It's all fun and games until you see the gas bill. Liquid helium is fucking expensive.

it's a reason to go to the stars.

RxI0N.png
    Sorce
  • Ethan SmithEthan Smith Origin name: Beart4to Arlington, VARegistered User regular
    So I finally prestiged my Tursoldier. He was my first serious class and I leveled him up all wrong. But more importantly I'm going to level him based around shotguns because apparently the game LOVES giving my shotgun upgrades (I have the Katana X and Scimitar X and opened up the spike thrower on my first Specter Pack without using shotguns on anyone grrrr), and this weird in between place (of using sniper rifles and assault rifles) makes me feel really insignificant next to Vanguards or Infiltrators. I'll run into a pack of guys with marksman on and then see a vanguard charge in and kill all of them, then I'll try to snipe a boss and then see it get three-shot'd by some infiltrator with the black widow

I mean I still do well and I'm not pulling my team down but I feel like I'm not adding anything that the more extreme classes aren't.