As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mass Effect 3] Bioware doing a ME3 MP map survey for those interested.

1929394959698»

Posts

  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    that's just a problem that you have when you play a gun based class as a beginner to the game. there's a reason why power classes dominated the game when the multiplayer first came out, and a team with an asari adept or human engineer had the best chance at success. you need to get some of the really good rare guns up to a decent level before gun classes start to really shine.

  • Ethan SmithEthan Smith Origin name: Beart4to Arlington, VARegistered User regular
    Yeah I noticed that after finally taking the chance with my level 3 adept. I figured that a low level power class would be too fragile to play as a beginner but I was able to solo like 5 waves on the power of biotic explosions alone

    Strikor
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Abloo bloo bloo. Finished my femshep run so ill be accepting invites from now on instead of shunning them and those that sent them.

    Bless your heart.
  • Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    that's just a problem that you have when you play a gun based class as a beginner to the game. there's a reason why power classes dominated the game when the multiplayer first came out, and a team with an asari adept or human engineer had the best chance at success. you need to get some of the really good rare guns up to a decent level before gun classes start to really shine.

    I don't think it requires all that. I think the gun classes start to shine as soon as you learn to play. I mean, you don't need a Harrier or Valkyrie to make the Turian Ghost shine. He'll kick ass with a Phaeston I. Just use soft cover and aim for the head.

    I really think that hard cover is the biggest obstacle here. You can play power spam classes and rely on hard cover decently, but if you want to do anything useful with weapons then hard cover is mostly just a trap.

    MSL59.jpg
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Singularity is great now in bronze and sometimes silver, but you should really try the human sentinel

    steam_sig.png
  • Phoenix138Phoenix138 ArizonaRegistered User regular
    Bliss 101 wrote: »
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    that's just a problem that you have when you play a gun based class as a beginner to the game. there's a reason why power classes dominated the game when the multiplayer first came out, and a team with an asari adept or human engineer had the best chance at success. you need to get some of the really good rare guns up to a decent level before gun classes start to really shine.

    I don't think it requires all that. I think the gun classes start to shine as soon as you learn to play. I mean, you don't need a Harrier or Valkyrie to make the Turian Ghost shine. He'll kick ass with a Phaeston I. Just use soft cover and aim for the head.

    I really think that hard cover is the biggest obstacle here. You can play power spam classes and rely on hard cover decently, but if you want to do anything useful with weapons then hard cover is mostly just a trap.

    The infiltrators shined from day one, too. Having a power that lets you do double damage every 3 seconds is nice. It was more the pure soldier classes that lagged behind at first.

    Spoit, singularity is great at all levels. Acolyte does help a lot though.

    Ardol
  • Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    It also depends on difficultly. Trying to compete with a competent novaguard on bronze or silver will frustrate the fuck out of you, because they can blindly charge a spawn and just nova the fuck out of everything.

    It's a bit different on gold, though a good novaguard can do that on gold also, but the spawns won't just melt in 2.5 seconds.

    steam_sig.png

    Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Kotaku's Mass Effect week was useful for something: bringing these videos to my attention.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=mLiVfFerhoo

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QhJJtyj6lks

    DhalphirCambiataArdolMild ConfusionAlbino BunnyShadowhopeBlurblRegina FongSorceShen
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    if anyone wants to play some games, strikor and I will be starting one up in 5 mins or so

  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    @Orca

    second video

    my god

    the feels

    owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww my feels

    Albino BunnyShadowhopeBliss 101SorceShen
  • OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    I know, right? Gave me chills.

    DhalphirArdol
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited April 2013
    i had actual honest to god chills and tingles listening to that.

    that gave me a repeat of the citadel DLC all over again

    "holy shit when did i start to care so much about these characters"

    Dhalphir on
  • OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    i had actual honest to god chills and tingles listening to that.

    that gave me a repeat of the citadel DLC all over again

    "holy shit when did i start to care so much about these characters"

    Mass Effect 1 made me fall in love with the universe.

    Mass Effect 2 made me fall in love with the characters.

    Mass Effect 3 combined the two into a moving game where I care so much about the characters I have no interest in seeing some of the possible choices I can make in-game.

    Watching someone else's Shepard do it is more than enough.
    Killing Wrex, Tali's suicide and the destruction of the Quarians...or the Geth. Shooting Mordin in the back. With the Carnifex he gave you. Goddamn that's cold.

    GethDhalphirenvoy1Albino BunnyPLAZombie GandhiRegina FongSkexis
  • Renegade WolfRenegade Wolf Registered User regular
    god damn that second video is amazing, makes me real sad its all over

    like how one of my favorite pieces of soundtrack in all of mass effect is one I can't actually listen to that much because it just goes and makes me sad about all these characters whose stories have ended but became so important to me over the 4 years or so I've followed Mass Effect

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhpFxFzaJh0

    DhalphirZombie GandhiRegina Fong
  • Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    Oh god...

    So many feels!

    steam_sig.png

    Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    That second video is excellent.

    ME as a series is so full of great lines. I really need to get ahold of ME1 to actually play that thing.

  • Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
Sign In or Register to comment.