As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX Pox 2013

13»

• CoanCoan TorontoRegistered User regular
    no pox, no food poisoning despite eating at the bcec too much. Also, everyone, I will repeat what was said, bring a water bottle of some sort. The fountains suck for filling them, but its better than nothing and if you're at a close hotel, remember to refill it anytime you're in the room.

Posting on the phorum again like its 1999
  • xenardxenard Registered User regular
    After a fun stay at the hospital a few days ago, I found out I have the mumps

steam_sig.png
    3DS Friend Code: 2449-5711-0640
  • SelkieBearSelkieBear Registered User new member
    I started with a Flu on Wednesday after Pax. (Hopefully, it will be short lived since I did get the flu shot this year.)
    The 102 fever on Friday was delightful.

• NamrokNamrok Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    SelkieBear wrote: »
    I started with a Flu on Wednesday after Pax. (Hopefully, it will be short lived since I did get the flu shot this year.)
    The 102 fever on Friday was delightful.

Lucky. I loved my flu this year. Sure, I had an enormous fever, no energy, and I couldn't string two thoughts together. But for the first time in months I got to stay home from work, didn't have to do any chores, didn't have to goto the gym, and I got to watch about a season and a half of Star Trek TNG while my girlfriend was out of the house! Best vacation ever.

Except for PAX of course.

Namrok on
  • Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    xenard wrote: »
    Cheese and crackers got all muddy! That's not exactly a simple little thing! Wasn't there a Family Guy episode where they went to a convention and some guy in a Star Trek suit had mumps and gave it to Meg? Regardless, sorry to hear that, man.

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • xenardxenard Registered User regular
    Le_Goat wrote: »
    Cheese and crackers got all muddy! That's not exactly a simple little thing! Wasn't there a Family Guy episode where they went to a convention and some guy in a Star Trek suit had mumps and gave it to Meg? Regardless, sorry to hear that, man.

YES! Kinda like with Family Guy! Only upside is staying home playing video games nonstop.

steam_sig.png
    3DS Friend Code: 2449-5711-0640
  • Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    Only upside is staying home playing video games nonstop.
    That's what I'm counting on when I get surgery on my ankles. I read a bunch of blogs regarding people's personal experiences with the surgery and they were all extremely active individuals who were tormented by being immobilized for 3-5 days. Something about titanium stints inserted into the ankles means you can't walk, even though I already requested the use of Adamantium instead; my doctor just looked at me weird and I told him to forget it. But me? I'm going to try to time each surgery with a new release and game til I'm healed. Talk about excelling in the school of Restoration!

But uh, PAX Pox... uh... yeah mine started Monday night and ended Thursday night, but my voice didn't come back until Sunday. So like I was saying, it's a 5-day bug. My attempt to get back on topic, since I may have thrown us a bit off...

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    xenard has been kidnapped by AnarCHris and is being held for ransom! Solve the riddle to set em' free, or I'll hand em' over to Clamps!

My name is something you’d find near toilets
    But that’s nothing compared to the shit I deal with
    For a brief stint, I tried adoption
    But the kid I got turned out to be rotten
    Which forumer am I?

• iltailta Registered User regular
    I definitely caught the worst cold I've EVER had -- usually I kick the butts of colds after a day or two, but this has had me sniffling for a full week. I think it's almost gone but it's been no fun. :(

• KomiKomi Registered User regular
    Thought I was gonna make it off without a problem, but it ended up just being delayed. I started feeling iffy Thursday and as of yesterday I'm full on sick. Sigh.

-PAX Prime 2014-
    [x]In awe that my 30 minute badge window prediction was pretty close to accurate.
    [x]Badge (HOLYCRAPIGOTA4DAY!)
    [x]Hotel
    [ ]Airfare
    [ ]Buttoneering Buttons
    [ ]Challenge Coin
  • VictoryofthepplVictoryoftheppl Community Outreach Coordinator @ Gamers Outreach Registered User regular
    I got pneumonia :C Had to delay going back home so I could go to a hospital in Boston

MEfw2yy.png

Team [E] <3