Options

What Games did People Pick Up?

2»

• Options
    LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    I know it's not tabletop, but this is the first year I got really into buying handheld iOS games. Got Orion's Forge, Spaceteam, Color Sheep and Organ Trail. JobiwanKenobi also got time surfer, I think.

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • Options
    treezatreeza Registered User regular
    My group picked up Small World, Sentinels of the Multiverse, Dominion, Dominion Intrigue, 7 Wonders, and 2 copies of X-Wing, plus the Slave I.
    We also picked up the 7 Wonders expansions, a Millennium Falcon, and Ghost Stories when we got home.
    Now we have no more money, but we are set for a while! >_<

• Options
    GreenizdabestGreenizdabest Southeast CT - USARegistered User regular
    Picked up Cards Against Humanity + Expansions because it was in stock! Somewhere! Figures the creators would be selling it, no?
    Also picked up Sentinels of the Multiverse after a friend introduced me to it during some hotel lobby gaming Saturday AM. Fantastic game.

A buddy of mine walked out with basically everything for Star Wars tactical miniatures game, sans Millenium Falcon (everyone was sold out).

My only real regret was not picking up Ascension + expansion(s) directly from Kibler himself =X

• Options
    KilonumKilonum [E] Somewhere near BostonRegistered User regular
    They weren't shown at PAX, but Age of Empires II HD (Remake of a game from 1999) and Cities in Motion 2 (Paradox decided to go to GDC instead).

Also a few Moga-enabled Android games.

JfqWFk8.png
  • Options
    Crispy262Crispy262 HuffleDRUNK @Hogwarts Castle BasementRegistered User regular
    I picked up Seasons and Pittsburgh '68 at the show. Our group spent a fair amount time playing/learning Seasons over the weekend and it is fantastic so far!! Also ordered CAH 3rd expansion, Sentinels of the Multiverse and Iconica online. Way too much money was spent but the shinies were too much to pass up o.O

vqyaoonar0oe.png
    Retired [E]
    HUFFLEPUFF 2011-18
    https://facebook.com/groups/HufflepuffTWDT/

• Options
    the_fuzzy_penguinthe_fuzzy_penguin OhioRegistered User regular
    I think I've finally remembered almost all the games our group picked up.

- Red Dragon Inn 1-3 & both mini expansions
    - Ascension: Rise of Vigil, Chronicle Of The Godslayer, and Return Of The Fallen Expansion
    - War of Indines
    - Castle Panic: The Wizards Tower
    - Level 7 [Escape]
    - Cards Against Humanity: Third Expansion
    - Monty Python Fluxx
    - Dead Hand
    - Sutakku
    - Cthulhu Gloom
    - Drinking Quest 2
    - Legendary
    - Android Netrunner

It also sold us on a few other games that we'll be adding to our collection as soon as our pocketbooks recover. The last PAX we attended (2011) we didn't even visit the tabletop area because we weren't into board games at all, so our minds were blown at how large the area was and how much there was to do.

• Options
    xenardxenard Registered User regular
    This was my first time really exploring TT and I had so much fun. Picked up the magnet game Attraction and looking forward to Ray's the Dead

steam_sig.png
    3DS Friend Code: 2449-5711-0640
  • Options
    Lady AmaltheaLady Amalthea Registered User regular
    We picked up Chrononauts and DC Comics Deck Building Game.

Who is going to PAX South?
  • Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    CAH Third Expansion (plus all 3 PAX East packs!)
    Sentinels of the Multiverse add ons (the single ones that they had, promo characters/environments/villains)
    Gundam VS for PS3 from the import gaming store

Friends picked up random stuff like the Castle Panic expansion, CAH expansions, etc.

• Options
    MidnyghtChildeMidnyghtChilde NYRegistered User regular
    We picked up Ascension: Rise of Vigil, and the most recent smaller expansion we didn't have, plus a ton of promos (including the leprechaun and his pots o gold!). We downloaded all the Solforge decks while waiting to play in line since you can hand the ipad back and forth with it, which is nice. We were going to pick up more games, but were disappointed in the prices. We're lucky to have an awesome game store near us that regularly does 25% off coupons for their mailing list, and since my hubby has played MtG there weekly for almost 4 years now (he started after our first PAXEast) we get a lot of deals for supporting the store. So upon returning we picked up 7 Wonders after playing it at PAXEast.

We did also get the 3rd expansion for CaH, since we stumbled into the Kickstarter lounge Friday afternoon and saw it. They also gave us set "C" of the PAXEast cards since we had A and B.

He also grabbed Netrunner and Dominion on MassDrop which is like Groupon for nerds and games.

Our friends got Miscatonic school for girls and Ticket to Ride at PAX.

I'm also looking forward to Ray's the Dead and voted for it on Steam Greenlight.

• Options
    KazamagdKazamagd Registered User regular
    I ended up buying Quariors and Attraction at the show. Have to say I a surprised more people don't play Quariors as it is kinda like a mix of Dominion and Ascension...with dice. Attraction is a nice pick-up magnet game which I figured would be good for nights when my gaming group wants to drink more than game.

Thanks to Frugus I was able to acquire the CAH Canadian Conversion pack. Now I just have to get him his main set of CAH back to him. Really looking forward to Castellan when it finally becomes available.

PAX EAST 2014 Status: [x] 3-Day Pass [x] Hotel [x] Travel Plans [ ] Waiting Patiently
This discussion has been closed.