As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[D&D 5th ed] ravenloft, a return to madness (play thread)

124»

• Options
    DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    "Many wolves are dead," The Beast says, pointing back toward the way they came. "The wizard did it."

• Options
    NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
    Anton winces at the mention of the wargs, "It's true, I did kill some of the wolves here abouts. I hardly believe those to be the last. Mistress, if you would indulge us for a moment, where might we find the one who has cursed your burg?"

• Options
    LeperLeper Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    "Forgive an old man's confusion, ma'am," Steiner says with a slight bow of his head.

"If it gives you peace, know that if he's been at rest these past ten nights, he'll likely remain so," he assures, moving closer to the departed mayor to check for the tell-tale signs of a man dead so long.

Checking out the "checked out": 1d20+1d6+4 20

Leper on
    If my role play is hindered by rolling to play, then I'd prefer the rolls play right, instead of steam-rolling play-night.
  • Options
    oxybeoxybe Entei is appaled and disappointed in you Registered User regular
    @Peff Lady Irellia is being truthful. While she does seem to be a bit frustrated, sad and angry at this situation it's more at her inability to stop it from happening then at how hopeless it seems. also, in the 03-20-13 package there is an "administer first aid" skill instead of a more straightforward "heal".

@Nealneal "Head of out town, to the east. You'll find Strahd's castle. If you look a bit to the east you can actually see the peaks of it's spires over the treeline, follow the path out of town and you'll get to it's front door. I do warn you: Strahd is not one to be taken lightly... He commands his area. Those wolves were most likely doing his bidding, as is the rest of the creatures that assail us nightly and most likely others we don't know about. If you plan on staying somewhere overnight or going after the vampire in the morning, I can offer you sanctuary, but I would first need some help with repairs as it's not too safe in here" she looks at the now downed-door "at the moment. Otherwise, if you truly wish to help us i would suggest you make haste to his castle as soon as possible, tonight is an awful night to have a curse.".

@Leper The burgomaster is about as dead as dead can be. No indication of foul play, though the stench is horrible at this point... all the humidity that comes with fog and mist does not help when it comes to corpses.

you can read my collected ravings at oxybesothertumbr.tumblr.com
    -Weather Badge
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    "We will help town of Burger Lady."

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    "Is there anyone in your town left who can fight? It will be dangerous but it is better to die on your feet."

• Options
    edited April 2013
    "Stayin' the night might be the best way at this," Steiner says, grabbing some nearby covering and laying it over the mayor's remains. "We should get that door back up either way, though."

"In the meanwhile, although it may not have been intended, I thank ya for openin' your door to us, miss. A blessing on you."

Cure Wounds: Cast as Level 2. 3d8+4 13 healing.
    or
    Cure Wounds: Cast as Level 2. 5d8 24 damage vs. undead, save (16) for half.
    LOOK, I'M A WIZARD. PEWPEW.

Leper on
    If my role play is hindered by rolling to play, then I'd prefer the rolls play right, instead of steam-rolling play-night.
  • Options
    "I'm sure we can figure out a way to repair it," Anton says as he moves past Steiner into the home.

• Options
    @Neaden "Anyone who could fight has either already done so and lost or left town knowing they are over their heads. At this point we're living off our provisions and what we can scavenge off of our absent neighbors. You might want to try the church, as Father Donovich might still be around. Otherwise you might find supplies at Bildrath's Mercantile if he stuck around or The Blood of Vine tavern if they haven't been stripped clean yet."

@Leper the body stays a smelly corpse, unflinching and unmoving.

@Nealneal between Anton and Steiner, fixing and re-barricading the door really isn't going to be too difficult.

-Weather Badge
  • Options
    I fail at clarity. That 'blessing' was aimed at the young lady. >_<

• Options
    "All right. You two do the manual labor of fixing the door and getting the door fixed. I shall go secure some supplies at the tavern. " Stefan sets off at a brisk pace towards the Blood of the Vine.

• Options
    PeffPeff Registered User regular
    "It seems fool to go out alone in this, I'll tag along...just in case." Gunruth follows Stefan out into the darkened street.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SakutianSakutian Registered User regular
    "There is safety in numbers, besides I have no intention of being stranded her without anything fit to eat." Elbus trailed after Gunruth and Stefan.

My Games

Dresden Files RPG- Dumb Luck

Playing Phillip Hess in Motor City Blues

GM of M&M "And Justice For All."
    GM of Dresden Files Low Life
    GM of Star Wars Sagas Into the Unknown
    GM of Star Wars Sagas Lost Hope- Concluded
    GM of Star Wars Sagas the Dark Times- Concluded.
    GM of Star Wars Sagas Jabba's Palace- Concluded due to injury.
    Bart Allen/ The Flash in M&M Metropolis- Concluded.
    Koyi Disturbances in the Force- Concluded.
    Jessup Owlbeard Forge of the Dawn Titan- Withdrawn due to injury.
    Sal Mander In the Shadow of Zeus- Concluded.
    Zevoto in Out in the Black- Withdrawn due to injury.
    GM of Wyvern Watch
    Berru Secune in Rise of the Jedi
  • Options
    "I angered the door spirits and must quench their rage with manual labor"

I start looking around for suitable tools and supplies, maybe a similar door on an abandoned house that can be retrofitted.

• Options
    "Thats....fine I guess. Just let me do the talking if we mee anyone important."

• Options
    edited April 2013
    Once the door is fixed, Anton begins cast Prestidigitation to try and improve the smell of the home.

Nealneal on
  • Options
    A single shaft of light thrusts into the main square, it's brightness like a solid pillar in the heavy fog. Above the gaping doorway, a sign hangs precariously askew proclaiming this the "Blood on the Vine Tavern"

The tavern is about 60 feet square and closer inspection of the sign reveals that it initially read "Blood of the Vine", the F having been scratched out for an N.

There also seems to be a blazing fire in the hearth, giving scant warmth to the few huddled souls within. The silence is broken only by the occasional sip of watery wine. A barkeep is mindlessly cleaning glasses and 3 gypsies are sitting at a table on the left. A single figure sits mysteriously in the shadows to the right.

-Weather Badge
  • Options
    Stefan walks to the center of the room and begins to speak "All right you lot, listen up. We heard you had a vampire problem and a bunch of money, now the latter looks like it might have been an exaggeration but the former seems true enough and he might have a load of money so that's all right then. We're going to go kill him tommorow, so if ant of you want to help out instead of sitting here waiting to die well that is probably for the best." After finishing he looks around the room expectantly.

• Options
    The barkeep doesn't flinch or anything really... he just keeps cleaning his glasses. The gypsies smirk a bit at this brazen remark but keep at their card games. The man sitting by himself motions you all to come closer
    "Brave words, some i have heard spoken quite a few times before within this drinking hall but as you can see," he motions around the room "more then a few voices have been silenced."

-Weather Badge
  • Options
    "Madame, where might I go to study my tomes? I worry my powers may be stretched to their limits tomorrow and I would do well to be as prepared as possible."

• Options
    Steiner makes a few gestures over the body, more for show than function, and turns to the young lady. "Hard as it may be to grasp, his troubles are ovah, and ours just beginin'. He's found his peace--you should find your own. Why don't we head for the kitchen--I'll cook us up somethin' pleasant and you can tell me about your father."

I'll just assume she doesn't recoil in searing pain from being healed, then. ;)

• Options
    oxybe wrote: »
    The barkeep doesn't flinch or anything really... he just keeps cleaning his glasses. The gypsies smirk a bit at this brazen remark but keep at their card games. The man sitting by himself motions you all to come closer
    "Brave words, some i have heard spoken quite a few times before within this drinking hall but as you can see," he motions around the room "more then a few voices have been silenced."
    "Well be that as it may I still fail to see an option that gives you a better chance of surviving. You look like a stout fellow and could assist us, at least you surely must know the best route to the vampires abode."

• Options
    Gunruth very seriously debates ordering a round...but ultimately decides against it in favor of listening to this shadowed stranger. He moves closer to the table and listens intently.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    "You'll find our voices are a bit more difficult to silence than the average villager's my friend."

Sakutian on
    My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    @Nealneal "As you can see, this sitting room is of no place to study tomes, arcane or otherwise, but if you wish you may use one of the guest rooms."

@Leper "If you can scrounge something up, be my guest" she leads you to the kitchen and pantry "My father was like any other, i guess. Kind and in better times, happy even. Me and my brother lived a good life, even if it was under the shadow of the Castle Ravenloft but recently the Count has gotten restless. My father did the best he could to rally the townsfolk and plead them not to revolt against Strahd, but every so often one or two could stand the pressure no longer and throw themselves at the castle gates or try to leave town. None returned. It was about ten days ago that my father himself could no longer hold out and he collapsed in his chair. We, my brother and i, would have given him a funeral if not for those damned wolves in the day or moaning shamblers outside."

@Neaden "Anyone can answer that" he chuckles "take the western road out of town and you'll find it quite easily. The count is always ready to entertain guests, willing or otherwise. I would have likely thrown my own life away like many more before me if it had not been for my sister and father, may he find peace. "

@sakutian "I don't know if that's bravery or stupidity, but it is pleasantly refreshing to see such optimism in these dark times."

-Weather Badge
  • Options
    "Thank you madam. I will retire for now."

• Options
    "Very well. if you change your mind we leave tomorrow.I shall go speak to father Donavon to ask for whatever blessing he can give."

• Options
    Studying my tomes. All day just a studying my tomes.

• Options
    @nealneal, @neaden, @xenogears of bore, @denada, @peff, @sakutian, @leper is there anything else you want to do or check out before calling it a night?

-Weather Badge
  • Options
    Anton has already called it a night. Early to bed, early to rise. Wiz all day and make things die.

• Options
    Elbus is good.

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    Stefan wishes to talk to the preist and see if he had anything if value to say and get his blessing.

• Options
    Other than perhaps cook a quick meal, Steiner is satisfied.

• Options
    DenadaDenada Registered User regular
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Gunruth is good.

Peff on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Are the door spirits satisfied? If so then yes.

Xenogears of Bore on
  • Options
    Hello?